NATION

PASSWORD

Is Hexing/Cursing Minors Ever Okay?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Old Tanokiana wrote:In other words, the thread slightly derailed

Or in other other words, curses: foiled again!

:P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:07 pm

hexing/cursing someone regardless of age sounds like a bitch move :?
mods are musty

monky :)

Bluepillar
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:10 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:
it is, actually. thoroughly linked to it. in fact, he wrote a book(s?) about bis working with King Paimon (a goetia) to come up with concepts (classical Jungian concepts) and invent shadow work.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paimon

king Paimon is this dude.

Yeah, I saw Hereditary.

Did Jung ever do drugs, out of curiosity?

Are you asking if a 20th century occultist did drugs, or not? If so, the answer is probably. Psychoactive compounds are pretty common in cultures, or religions, with occult rites. Like there are people that go to the mountains, get high, and come back with a plan on how to address PTSD in a patient lmao

get high, talk to a god, a goetia, or the troublesome thoughts in your mind, get good ideas, or get high and figure out why you are the way you are.

Like I said earlier, witchcraft doesn't have to be real to anyone else. The negative spirit you removed could have been real, or it could have been a creation of your.mind that, by removing, you allowed yourself to be rid of something ailing your thoughts. Altered states of consciousness are a fundamental part of many forms of occultism.

Many you don't even n3ed drugs to achieve. Meditation can allow you to enter an altered state of consciousness. The personal benefits of that have been quite obvious and studies numerous times. Exploring your "spiritual center" (a concept some think is exploring the soul, and can be for some, but which for those who don't believe in the soul is more like facing themselves in a construcyed mental space). Grounding. There's a reason grounding exists both in occultismz and has for aaaages now, and is the name of a coping skill that is taught to neurodivergent children that sometimes suffer from sensory overload. They achieve similar things, though usually through different methods. Learning about, shaping, molding, and confronting yourself are things that sometimes you need to have some sort of coping skill to deal with the side effects of - namely, coping skills like grounding. The knowledge of the mind, and of yourself, are intimately connected and, for some people, that's all occultism needs to be for them.

my thoughts on occultism are as complex as the myriad of kinds of occultists. There are even atheists occultists, who, of course, largely focus on the self and understanding rather than trying to influence the world around them.
Last edited by Bluepillar on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
they/them, please.

Badjuristan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badjuristan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Old Tanokiana wrote:In other words, the thread slightly derailed

im having a joy reading this one
The Islamic Republic of Badjuristan is a Post-soviet Republic, Which is Perpetually stuck in a Notion of Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, Poverty, Homelessness, Gang Wars, Corruption, and Famine.
Map
IRL i'm a Homosexual Yemeni-Uzbek who unironically likes arguments and getting people mad because im a sick cold hearted crapblock
nvm i couldnt fit it

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:15 pm

Haja-Mishu wrote:hexing/cursing someone regardless of age sounds like a bitch move :?

yeaaaah. people are toxic haha
they/them, please.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 pm

My other post got lost in the replies and what not, but I have a question does the occult/witch community have any opinions on DMT?
Progressive, cosmopolitan, gay, a firm believer in science and extremely against neo-liberalism. African-American with Somalian background.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:20 pm

tbh tho. Carl Jung was, as I understand it, pretty professional. the OSS made him.Agent 488 for a reason.

cool dude. should definitely read up on him.
they/them, please.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:21 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:My other post got lost in the replies and what not, but I have a question does the occult/witch community have any opinions on DMT?

google "entheogen". DMT has been, and is one.

tl:dr of google is that it's a substance used for spiritual, religious, magical, etc, purposes

and yes i did have to actually google the word to know it. I'm just a college student, and my.major is not religious studies. I fucking wish, tho. Maybe I'll minor in it.

Have I ever done DMT? no. it's a big boi felony here, iirc. i dont do anything that could put me in prison, tbh
Last edited by Bluepillar on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/them, please.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
Old Tanokiana wrote:
Bro I can literally go ask a local witch doctor to curse someone, the chances of a curse are low but never 0

I literally have PDFs of entire books filled with fascinating to read but worrying to contemplate (cause homicidal people make everyone uncomfortable, tbh. that's not natural) talkings about cursing.

Not necessarily
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:25 pm

No, we shouldn't invite the undue influence of the occult into our lives. There is no refuge there.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:25 pm

Xmara wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:
I literally have PDFs of entire books filled with fascinating to read but worrying to contemplate (cause homicidal people make everyone uncomfortable, tbh. that's not natural) talkings about cursing.

Not necessarily

No? By homicidal, I mean actively wanting to harm someone, not someone with homicidial ideation. There's a clear difference. One is dangerous, the other (I hope) has a therapist that's helping them.

So, when do homicidal people not make you feel uncomfortable? Have you ever been comfortable around a homicidal person?
they/them, please.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:My other post got lost in the replies and what not, but I have a question does the occult/witch community have any opinions on DMT?

tl:dr of google is that it's a substance used for spiritual, religious, magical, etc, purposes

and yes i did have to actually google the word to know it. I'm just a college student, and my.major is not religious studies. I fucking wish, tho. Maybe I'll minor in it.

Have I ever done DMT? no. it's a big boi felony here, iirc. i dont do anything that could put me in prison, tbh

All good I didn’t know what that word was or meant till I googled it myself.

I think it’s definitely something anyone interested in the occult or paganism of any kind should experience. It’s definitely a powerful experience that will definitely stick with you.

Not in a edgy way or a harmful way mind you, but it made me question many things about this world.
Progressive, cosmopolitan, gay, a firm believer in science and extremely against neo-liberalism. African-American with Somalian background.

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:29 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
Xmara wrote:Not necessarily

No? By homicidal, I mean actively wanting to harm someone, not someone with homicidial ideation. There's a clear difference. One is dangerous, the other (I hope) has a therapist that's helping them.

So, when do homicidal people not make you feel uncomfortable? Have you ever been comfortable around a homicidal person?

They don't make me uncomfortable when I'm helping the police catch them. When I finally finish college I'm gonna be the best forensic scientist (and eventually medico-legal death investigator) in the world.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:

All good I didn’t know what that word was or meant till I googled it myself.

I think it’s definitely something anyone interested in the occult or paganism of any kind should experience. It’s definitely a powerful experience that will definitely stick with you.

Not in a edgy way or a harmful way mind you, but it made me question many things about this world.

i dont know about me doing that my dude, but maybe if it gets legalized or life happens. tbh, this isnt the first time someone has said something pretty similar to this to me. i just... dont know if ill ever encounter it? im not in dorms rn, tbh, so i dont have access to any "fun" or "mind bending" stuff.
they/them, please.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 pm

There are forces in this world that are stricken with the most unimaginable pain for their choices. They hate all things good, all things right, and all things sacred. To bring these forces into the presence of a young person is wrong. For the good of your soul, be disgusted with evil.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Sundiata wrote:There are forces in this world that are stricken with the most unimaginable pain for their choices. They hate all things good, all things right, and all things sacred. To bring these forces into the presence of a young person is wrong.

I wouldn't necessarily say all politicians are that bad. Just many of them. But yeah, don't let them kiss your baby.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:49 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Yeah, I saw Hereditary.

Did Jung ever do drugs, out of curiosity?

Are you asking if a 20th century occultist did drugs, or not? If so, the answer is probably. Psychoactive compounds are pretty common in cultures, or religions, with occult rites. Like there are people that go to the mountains, get high, and come back with a plan on how to address PTSD in a patient lmao

get high, talk to a god, a goetia, or the troublesome thoughts in your mind, get good ideas, or get high and figure out why you are the way you are.

Like I said earlier, witchcraft doesn't have to be real to anyone else. The negative spirit you removed could have been real, or it could have been a creation of your.mind that, by removing, you allowed yourself to be rid of something ailing your thoughts. Altered states of consciousness are a fundamental part of many forms of occultism.

Then you are essentially admitting that there isn't really anything real to the occult. Occult practice is just a psychological means of resolving inner issues.

In which case, hexing doesn't actually do anything to anyone else.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 pm

Magic and witchcraft may be real.

If it’s real, I would like to learn. I would like to use magic.

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:55 pm

And in case anyone is wondering, no, I do not believe in magic.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 pm

As I said in my previous post, I don't believe in magic, however in the context of if I did believe in it, myself I would avoid it.

Using such things may well come with costs that I am unaware of. One thing my copious consumption of fiction has taught me is magic is never free.

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 pm

I still don't get it, what are we doing to these minors again? Are we harming them? If that's the case, why? There are other far more beneficial applications if you believe in this sort of things.

For example, my mom's uncle is said to be able to "cure Down sydrome and autism" with his magical abilities and sells that service to the general public, at least that's what his website says. I also occasionally get ad messages of paranormals offering services to duplicate money, or attract girls, or whatnot.
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:05 am

Absolutely.
A pox on all minors! A pox on them!

I will one day call upon the cold flames of Hades to grant me the power, to invoke the Seven Seals of Tartarus to bring back the Plague of Justinian to send into the bloodstream of those floss-dancing fortnite playing little shits.
:roll:
Last edited by Nantoraka on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:21 am

Bluepillar wrote:
Senkaku wrote:is kids getting turned into frogs or whatever enough of a problem in society that there needs to be a discussion of its morality lol

in the occult world, there's a group called the Order of Nine Angels. Google them. They tried to start a war. Think some sort of neo nazi demonology cult that focused too hard on the occult interests of certain Nazis.

Honestly? That sounds extremely badass.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 am

You can hex whoever you want because it's just a fantasy, magic isn't real.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:47 am

Page wrote:You can hex whoever you want because it's just a fantasy, magic isn't real.

I’ll hex you for that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General