NATION

PASSWORD

Reality Shifting/Lucid Dreaming Thread I

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Swaraelia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Swaraelia » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:39 pm

Alvecia wrote:I've looked up lucid dreaming, but honestly, it seems like a whole lot of effort.
I just day dream and regular dream instead.

Yeah, and I mean I know there are people who can do it naturally but honestly I just stick to the original purpose of sleeping: exerting as little effort possible.
Honoured by Dominant Oppressors to be Honorary Duke of Dominant Oppressors, Honorary Admiral of the Dominant Oppressorian Navy, and Freedom of the City of Risen Christ City. Thank you.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Kasa Tkoth Sphere wrote:
Krezenel wrote:I guess, but they're two different things.

Your explanation wasn't a very convincing argument for that. If you could fill your OP with more detail and resources on it, then people won't wander into the thread and make the very reasonable assumption that it's just something ridiculous and made up.

It's more interesting than threads that amount to the same back and forths over and over again with slightly different window dressing ( titles ), tbh.
Last edited by Fedel on Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 pm

Krezenel wrote:
Travislavania wrote:i mean... imagining myself as a billionaire sportsman, is that reality shifting?

There is probably a reality where you are a billionaire, and you could go there.

And then there would be two of you in that reality.
Everything is intertwinkled

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 pm

I tried lucid dreaming for a while. I succeeded once, but it ended very quickly once I realized I was dreaming.

Many subsequent attempts were unsuccessful.

Not even gonna touch the 'reality shifting' part of the thread, maybe.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Krezenel
Attaché

Founded: Sep 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:42 pm

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Krezenel wrote:There is probably a reality where you are a billionaire, and you could go there.

And then there would be two of you in that reality.

Nope! It's just one of you. There are realities were there might be multiple of you, but that's a different one, since the main purpose of that reality is being a billionaire.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Oh! Now that's interesting. You're suggesting you can manifest a reality into existence? What is the procedural involved?
Last edited by Fedel on Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:44 pm

The realities are the current world, just with the altered change you scripted. There can be multiple changes (I think).

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:44 pm

Fedel wrote:Oh! Now that's interesting. You're suggesting you can manifest a reality into existence? What is the procedural involved?

The reality is an existence, it's just an alternate one.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:45 pm

Travislavania wrote:
Albrenia wrote:Does the whole 'Quantum Suicide' thing count? An interesting concept, if one I'm most certainly not willing to literally bet my life on.

quantum suicide? what's that?

Basically, when you die you 'shift' into a reality where you're not dead. Basically making each one of us an action movie hero who will, in our own eyes, always survive shoot outs with dozens of bad guys because we just 'forget' and shift out of all the realities where we die.

It's most likely bunkum though, so please don't rush out to die to check if it's true.

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Travislavania wrote:quantum suicide? what's that?

Basically, when you die you 'shift' into a reality where you're not dead. Basically making each one of us an action movie hero who will, in our own eyes, always survive shoot outs with dozens of bad guys because we just 'forget' and shift out of all the realities where we die.

It's most likely bunkum though, so please don't rush out to die to check if it's true.

Yea lol, you just don't have to die. When you die, you die in this reality, and you might not be dead in other realities.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Krezenel wrote:
Fedel wrote:Oh! Now that's interesting. You're suggesting you can manifest a reality into existence? What is the procedural involved?

The reality is an existence, it's just an alternate one.

Yes, but how is it achieved/manifested?
Last edited by Fedel on Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Travislavania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Travislavania » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:47 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Travislavania wrote:quantum suicide? what's that?

so they think they are invincible?
Join Me in Macula Offeret

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Fedel wrote:
Krezenel wrote:The reality is an existence, it's just an alternate one.

The easiest explanation is that ou start by scripting the reality you want to visit, which I believe means you describe the reality. You then listen to a subliminal (any music with the script over it), and you usually shift during the change into sleep while your subconscious is most active.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Travislavania wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Yes but they don't have any memory of their previous existence so they can't be sure.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Krezenel wrote:
Fedel wrote:

The easiest explanation is that ou start by scripting the reality you want to visit, which I believe means you describe the reality. You then listen to a subliminal (any music with the script over it), and you usually shift during the change into sleep while your subconscious is most active.

Huh. Will I remember living in the previous reality if I do it?

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Krezenel wrote:
Fedel wrote:

Which is influencing what dream you have.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Travislavania wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

At least until they encounter true certain death in which they die in all realities.

One could argue that outlandish scenarios make true certain death impossible, but its' an inherently weird thought experiment so I dunno.

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Fedel wrote:
Krezenel wrote:The easiest explanation is that ou start by scripting the reality you want to visit, which I believe means you describe the reality. You then listen to a subliminal (any music with the script over it), and you usually shift during the change into sleep while your subconscious is most active.

I think so?
You have the memories of the person you are in the alt reality, but I know you can shift back to the original reality you shifted from

Travislavania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Travislavania » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm

i sometimes imagine being a roman soldier listening https://youtu.be/hKRUPYrAQoE
maybe i'm just childish i dunno
Join Me in Macula Offeret

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Krezenel wrote:The easiest explanation is that ou start by scripting the reality you want to visit, which I believe means you describe the reality. You then listen to a subliminal (any music with the script over it), and you usually shift during the change into sleep while your subconscious is most active.

Which is influencing what dream you have.

I'd assume your mind

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Krezenel wrote:
Fedel wrote:

I think so?
You have the memories of the person you are in the alt reality, but I know you can shift back to the original reality you shifted from

Sounds like a good deal. I'll give it a try.

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Fedel wrote:
Krezenel wrote:I think so?

Sounds like a good deal. I'll give it a try.

Yea

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:51 pm

For those trying reality shifting, I'd suggest this guide https://vocal.media/futurism/how-to-shi ... ed-reality
:)
Last edited by Krezenel on Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:53 pm

Krezenel wrote:For those trying reality shifting, use this guide https://vocal.media/futurism/how-to-shi ... ed-reality

Thank you friend. :hug:

Krezenel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Krezenel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:53 pm

Fedel wrote:
Krezenel wrote:For those trying reality shifting, use this guide https://vocal.media/futurism/how-to-shi ... ed-reality

Thank you friend. :hug:

Np!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General