NATION

PASSWORD

Louisville Police Officer Sues Breonna Taylor's Boyfriend

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Loben III wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Africa isn’t black nationalist.

no but its where Black Nationalists belong in my honest opinion.

Africa has enough shit on its plate, dude.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Loben III wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Yeah I’m sure the Jews wanted more Gestapo on the streets too. :roll:

are you seriously comparing yourself to jews?

The police are literally murdering innocents at a massive rate. It’s not quite that bad, but still.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Loben III wrote:

Too bad the colonizers screwed us over.

Nejii
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Albrenia wrote:My own knowledge of the origin of career police is pretty shaky, but I vaguely remember something about a protective vigilante gang in England or something getting government support.

It was common for colonial and early post-revolution American cities and settlements to have appointed marshals, night watch, and “minute men militia” types. But they acted as law enforcement as a whole. They watched for muggers and burglars, smugglers and back alley gangs, typical law preservation. They also watched for native raids.

True, prior to slave abolition one of their duties was recapturing escaped slaves. But the early American police weren’t solely lynch-mob type vigilantes.
Radical centrist tilting more and more to the right (socially)...

The Horst-Wessel-Lied is very catchy.

Growing more unapologetic by the day.

The Federal Government of Iowa
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Daves Computer wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:"Racist system" my a##. People of color in the US still have more wealth than almost any other POC anywhere else in the world. Mind you, I'm not the whitest of all white people, I've been mistaken as someone who's from South America or sometimes as someone who's from the South Pacific region, and I have not once had an issue with any cop ever.

Not to be disrespectful, but that is a terribly flimsy argument for dismissing systemic racism. Firstly, where do you get that sort of statistic? And how does that dismiss the systemic racism in many of our nation's institutions such as the criminal justice system, housing, and education?

If I remember correctly, most black people in the US are middle class. Compared to the vast numbers of black people in Africa and elsewhere who live in abject poverty, middle-class American life is lavish. Even the poorest of Americans are richer than the poorest of Africans. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to excuse any bad thing or dismiss anyone's misfortune but those are simply the facts. I've also yet to see any concrete evidence of any systematic racism anywhere. Could it exist in some form somewhere? Maybe, I guess, but I have not seen any shreds of evidence.
Right-leaning American Christian. Guns are fun. Space is fun too.
gender and biology are the same thing, sorry
I respect your right to ruin your life, but I don't have to celebrate it

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Loben III wrote:

The police are literally murdering innocents at a massive rate. It’s not quite that bad, but still.

massive rate such as?

shall we go get the FBI's statistics? surely those cant be part of a white supremacist part to suppress your righteous argument?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Loben III wrote:

Too bad the colonizers screwed us over.

yes yes terrible, built hospitals railroads and other then modern convivences.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Loben III wrote:

They are most certainly not. To say so is ignorant.

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:26 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:
Daves Computer wrote:
Not to be disrespectful, but that is a terribly flimsy argument for dismissing systemic racism. Firstly, where do you get that sort of statistic? And how does that dismiss the systemic racism in many of our nation's institutions such as the criminal justice system, housing, and education?

If I remember correctly, most black people in the US are middle class. Compared to the vast numbers of black people in Africa and elsewhere who live in abject poverty, middle-class American life is lavish. Even the poorest of Americans are richer than the poorest of Africans. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to excuse any bad thing or dismiss anyone's misfortune but those are simply the facts. I've also yet to see any concrete evidence of any systematic racism anywhere. Could it exist in some form somewhere? Maybe, I guess, but I have not seen any shreds of evidence.

Is a string of murders committed by racist gunmen funded by the state enough to prove that this country is full of racism?

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Loben III wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Too bad the colonizers screwed us over.

While that may be something that comes from imperialism, I still don't think a nation has a right to trample over another nation in the way that Europe did for so long. Another debate for another time, perhaps.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Loben III wrote:

Nah, we've enough issues at hand, as it is.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Loben III wrote:

They did a lot of far less desirable things too. Much of which contributes heavily to the problems Africans face these days.

Nejii
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:If I remember correctly, most black people in the US are middle class. Compared to the vast numbers of black people in Africa and elsewhere who live in abject poverty, middle-class American life is lavish. Even the poorest of Americans are richer than the poorest of Africans. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to excuse any bad thing or dismiss anyone's misfortune but those are simply the facts. I've also yet to see any concrete evidence of any systematic racism anywhere. Could it exist in some form somewhere? Maybe, I guess, but I have not seen any shreds of evidence.

Is a string of murders committed by racist gunmen funded by the state enough to prove that this country is full of racism?

Allow me to reference the New Black Panther party, the NFAC, BLM, and the more radical NAACP chapters.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:If I remember correctly, most black people in the US are middle class. Compared to the vast numbers of black people in Africa and elsewhere who live in abject poverty, middle-class American life is lavish. Even the poorest of Americans are richer than the poorest of Africans. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to excuse any bad thing or dismiss anyone's misfortune but those are simply the facts. I've also yet to see any concrete evidence of any systematic racism anywhere. Could it exist in some form somewhere? Maybe, I guess, but I have not seen any shreds of evidence.

Yes, it would be, if that's what's actually happening. But seeing as that's not what's happening, I think I can come to the conclusion that the US is not systematically racist any longer.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Loben III wrote:

Your white supremacist rhetoric is showing. You are literally defending a system of mass murder and oppression.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Nejii wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Is a string of murders committed by racist gunmen funded by the state enough to prove that this country is full of racism?

Allow me to reference the New Black Panther party, the NFAC, BLM, and the more radical NAACP chapters.

So standing up to the police going on fucking rampages makes you the REAL racists? :roll:

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Nejii wrote:

So standing up to the police going on fucking rampages makes you the REAL racists? :roll:

The police going on rampages? The f###? Have you even seen the kind of damage groups like BLM has done to numerous cities? Goodness.

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Loben III wrote:

Your white supremacist rhetoric is showing. You are literally defending a system of mass murder and oppression.

i am most certainly not a white supremacist.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Nejii
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Nejii wrote:

No, but the armed marches, intimidation tactics, looting, burning, beating, vandalism, and black extremist rhetoric does. I can just as easily give links to racist inflammatory comments and actions by supporters of these very groups.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:So standing up to the police going on fucking rampages makes you the REAL racists? :roll:

The police going on rampages? The f###? Have you even seen the kind of damage groups like BLM has done to numerous cities? Goodness.

And then, a whataboutism.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Daves Computer
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Daves Computer wrote:

I agree that the standard of living has improved dramatically over the last couple of centuries - and even in the past couple of decades - in developed countries. I don't exactly understand why this explains why this eliminates the idea that there isn't systemic racism. Everyone in these prosperous, developed countries has experienced a raised standard of living that would have otherwise been thought of as impossible a century or so ago. The expectation that almost every household has running water, electricity, internet, and other utilities is extraordinary and should be recognized positively. But I wouldn't argue that often oppressed groups have benefitted far moreso than the majority if that is your implication. And to say that a generally raised standard of living eliminates the idea that there is systemic injustices such as racism, homophobia, or sexism is truly naive. As our standard of living improves, we can certainly argue that as a society we're taking lengths to eliminate these injustices, but again, it doesn't suggest that these injustices are nonexistent or even tolerable. We still see systemic racism in various institutions, as I mentioned before, in the criminal justice system among others.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:So standing up to the police going on fucking rampages makes you the REAL racists? :roll:

“Waaaaa some store burnt down. By the way I don’t give a fuck about police shooting people to death.”

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Nejii wrote:

yes we all remember the rampages that went on in various cities over the summ-wait a minute.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Nejii
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:33 pm

Loben III wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Your white supremacist rhetoric is showing. You are literally defending a system of mass murder and oppression.

Do not take it to heart. “White supremacist” is an attempted guilt-label by anyone who doesn’t follow under or preach far left rhetoric and insanity. Your average user of this phrase skews or doesn’t even understand the true meaning of the term.
Last edited by Nejii on Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Nejii wrote:
Loben III wrote:

Do not take it to heart. White supremacist is an attempted guilt-label by anyone who doesn’t follow under or preach far left rhetoric and insanity. Your average user of this phrase skews or doesn’t even understand the true meaning of the term.

oh i am fully aware, besides its impossible for me to be a white supremacist given that i dont date white women.

i prefer latinas.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General