NATION

PASSWORD

Louisville Police Officer Sues Breonna Taylor's Boyfriend

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Kernen wrote:
Arlenton wrote:I mean, I'd get it if it was for catching a kidnapper or something. Not for something that IMO shouldn't even be illegal.

No-knock raids, while extremely effective, create far more issues than they solve when the cops are wrong. They'd be better off risking the loss of some evidence for the benefits to the community.

No-knock raids are legal home invasions.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:35 pm

https://youtu.be/DtmcVEHFZgk

All rise for this thread's national anthem.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:45 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Kernen wrote:No-knock raids, while extremely effective, create far more issues than they solve when the cops are wrong. They'd be better off risking the loss of some evidence for the benefits to the community.

Any search warrant is a legal home invasion
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:06 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Kernen wrote:No-knock raids, while extremely effective, create far more issues than they solve when the cops are wrong. They'd be better off risking the loss of some evidence for the benefits to the community.

If you think about it, arrest is legal kidnapping

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Cultural Posadism
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cultural Posadism » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:32 pm

So that 1-day ban was absolute nonsense.

Anyway, the cops who killed Breonna Taylor are garbage human beings, and this one officer has only provided further proof of it.
be gay do crime

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:38 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Cordel One wrote:No-knock raids are legal home invasions.

I mean, yeah. But it's sort of like saying taxes are legal theft.

We need a world in which arrests are possible, but we also need cops to be held accountable.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:39 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:We need a world in which arrests are possible, but we also need cops to be held accountable.

Exactly.

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:16 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Western Theram wrote:acab

*** Warned for trolling ***

Pardon me, but, I'm going to risk my account here, but, I want to know why Theram would be trolling, they're being genuine here, they do genuinely believe in anti-Cop sentiment, and they're not saying it for the sick of it, so, how is it trolling, I know you're a Conservative (if I remember correctly), but, looking at the rules, you would have a point here, the first example does say "All (insert group here) are (insert insult)" would count as trolling, and them being genuine wouldn't excuse trolling either, yes..

But... there's one caveat here, Therams intention was not to attract the attention of trolls, nor to bait, and sure, trollbaiting and trolling can be different things.
However, how can I count your decision to warn them for so-called "trolling", if another mod also partakes in also making such stupid decisions, even if Theram was intending to make people angry or not, but the intent of the phrase "ACAB" is to highlight police brutality, the only people it should make angry are normal human beings who wouldn't think of targeted brutality as a "good thing", and to make them angry at cops themselves, aside from that,

New Visayan Islands wrote:
Cultural Posadism wrote:A couple thoughts:
1. Who the fuck cares if the AG is black? He still lied to the Grand Jury.
2. Breonna Taylor's boyfriend was not a "criminal", nor before nor after her murder, as demonstrated by the fact he's not being prosecuted for shooting the pigs who murdered his girlfriend.
3. Try to be less rabid about your racism.

Yeah, take *** one day off for trolling. ***

Where do I see trolling here?
Is their intent to anger people? It's unknown to me, really, but they are engaged with another person in this argument, and both are displaying the same levels of ferocity in my opinion, but clearly the MGTOW guy wasn't punished either... Odd...
Disagreement can be seen here, obviously, so let's move on,
They're not trollbaiting either, they're not attracting trolls here either, it's quite clear, so, my defense of Theram wasn't as strong as this one, but even so, the only evidence that Posadism could be trolling here is their low level of civility, which, as I stated already, is somewhat at the same level as that of the MGTOW they are arguing with, which only presides on my point that only Cultural Posadism got punished.

And I know that what I'm doing right now is of course gloating, but as I just stated, I'm willing to risk my account to argue with two moderators about their unexplained warning of two people for "trolling" even though their intent here is to not troll, it is to argue with people who want to hopelessly defend a bunch of people who murdered an innocent black woman, and tried to sue her boyfriend, who was defending her, by the way, which, as far as I'm concerned, although I may not be entirely correct here, is legal.

If I do get my account whooped for gloating-so-called, I may cry, I may have a fit, but it'll only prove me right,

But here's the kicker, and this one goes especially to Farmhania,
"Intent is incredibly important and will be judged by the moderators to the best of their abilities."

Let's go back a year, in the forum topic for the Bruneian government trying to implement the use of stoning as a way of executing gay people,
on my account I used at the time, Nyameow (a nation based on the idea of a society for LGBT folk and other disenfranchised people to escape to if they are being harmed in their home countries), I posted on that topic about "throwing rainbow stones at them for payback", it was poorly worded, yes, and only made my situation worse, I was of course referring to the Sultan and the people insistent on implementing stoning,

now, Farmhania, decided to look at the rules, and saw that they should check for the intent, so they did,

so, what was the result, well from what I'm guessing, they didn't really look into it, probably took 1 second, didn't even check to see any background of the poster, or ask them what they meant, and even when I tried to appeal, I got a fat dismissal,

and the same level of determining the intent of the poster here can be seen in both the case of Farmhania warning someone for "trolling", as goes for New Visayan for warning someone for "trolling",

and, I may get warned, kicked, banned, whatever for saying this,

and, as a person whom relies on their own moral compass, one which includes the idea of honesty,

I'll be honest,

I think you're both being twats,

If you can't do the most simplest thing as to check further for any intent,

then clearly, yeah, you're both terrible, terrible at your job,

go ahead, warn me for gloating,

in the end, this may sound narcissistic and "holier-than-thou"ish, but, you're in the wrong,

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:32 am

Servilis wrote:snip

its not that hard. On is standard all x are y, and in the other called a whole class of people pigs and also a user rabid
Last edited by Aclion on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Nejii
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:43 am

Cordel One wrote:

While no-knock raids are a controversy/incident waiting to happen, they do have a comprehensible purpose. To catch suspects completely off guard and prevent the destruction or hiding of evidence, or to keep suspects from escaping swiftly. That said, no-knock raids have proven to be problematic and even disastrous. Although calling them legal home invasions is a bit melodramatic.
Last edited by Nejii on Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radical centrist tilting more and more to the right (socially)...

The Horst-Wessel-Lied is very catchy.

Growing more unapologetic by the day.

Nejii
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:44 am

Neanderthaland wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:

I mean, yeah. But it's sort of like saying taxes are legal theft.

We need a world in which arrests are possible, but we also need cops to be held accountable.

:clap:
Radical centrist tilting more and more to the right (socially)...

The Horst-Wessel-Lied is very catchy.

Growing more unapologetic by the day.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:51 am

Gravlen wrote:A training slideshow used by the Kentucky State Police (KSP) was given to some lawyers as part of discovery for a lawsuit. Let us see what the KSP was taught during training up until 2013, shall we?

One slide, titled “Violence of Action,” in addition to imploring officers to be “ruthless killer[s],” instructs troopers to have “a mindset void of emotion” and to “meet violence with greater violence.”

A line from Adolf Hitler’s fascist and anti-Semitic manifesto, Mein Kampf, is featured in the slide: “the very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”

The presentation also links to a Hitler page on Goodreads, a database of quotes and books.

Two other slides quoting Hitler bring his total to three, making him the most quoted person in the presentation.

A closing slide of the Powerpoint simply states “Über Alles” in large text. The phrase, which was previously part of the German national anthem, translates to “above all” or “above everything else,” commonly used to signify national superiority. Modern Germans heavily associate the phrase with the Nazis.

:blink:

In a deposition on October 14, KSP Captain James Goble said that Lieutenant Curt Hall, whose name is on the slideshow, taught “warrior mentality” trainings at the KSP Academy.

Hall was the Assistant Commander at the KSP Academy from 2005 to 2015, and later became Commander of Internal Affairs at KSP before recently retiring. The internal affairs unit is typically tasked with investigating police misconduct.

The KSP presentation appears to draw heavily from nationally-known police trainer Dave Grossman, who delivers lectures to police forces nation-wide on his theory of “killology” teaching police officers to embrace “the responsibility to kill” and “making it possible for people to kill without conscious thought,” as he said during an interview with PBS’s Frontline.

This is not reassuring...

Quoting this from Gravlen in the Police protest thread. They train the cops how to be basically sick in the head, and people wonder why these deaths occurred.

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:56 am

Aclion wrote:
Servilis wrote:snip

its not that hard. On is standard all x are y, and in the other called a whole class of people pigs and also a user rabid

What's the problem?
Neither of them are wrong.
In my opinion, yes, cops are class traitors, there is no such thing as a good cop, you can give examples of cops doing nice things but they're still class traitors nonetheless.
And why shouldn't a person be allowed to call cops "pigs", people have been calling cops "pigs" for years, they chose to be cops, they weren't born cops, you know who was born the way they are? Minorities, the same minorities that cops became cops just to shit on.

And the user was being a rabid racist, albeit trying to hide it with "but... but... the person I agree with was black..", tokenism is just rabid...

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 am

Servilis wrote:
Aclion wrote:its not that hard. On is standard all x are y, and in the other called a whole class of people pigs and also a user rabid

What's the problem?
In my opinion, yes, cops are class traitors, there is no such thing as a good cop, you can give examples of cops doing nice things but they're still class traitors nonetheless.
And why shouldn't a person be allowed to call cops "pigs", people have been calling cops "pigs" for years, they chose to be cops, they weren't born cops, you know who was born the way they are? Minorities, the same minorities that cops became cops just to shit on.

And the user was being a rabid racist, albeit trying to hide it with "but... but... the person I agree with was black..", tokenism is just rabid...

Its nice you feel that way,

However it is still all x is y, and you can't call other posters racists.

If you dont like the site rules, you dont have to stay here.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:01 am

Servilis wrote:
Aclion wrote:its not that hard. On is standard all x are y, and in the other called a whole class of people pigs and also a user rabid

What's the problem?

*** Warned for trolling ***

You're welcome to opinions and to express them here but it would be better if you expressed them in a civil manner. If you cannot do that, please don't post. If you can't do that, you might want to consider patronizing a different site.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Servilis wrote:What's the problem?

Its nice you feel that way,

However it is still all x is y, and you can't call other posters racists.

If you dont like the site rules, you dont have to stay here.

It’s actually more like all x is x. And if a poster is racist, then yeah, you can call them racist. Have you seen the shit cops do on a daily basis? Cops are rotten to the core, the very institution. Cops exist solely to perpetuate the white supremacist system and keep other races under their boot. They are functionally similar to the SS. That ain’t trolling, that’s observation. If a cop was “good”, they wouldn’t have become a cop. So the only good cop isn’t.

The Federal Government of Iowa
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 pm

The amount of anti-cop nonsense and stupidity displayed in this thread makes me want to quit NS and kill myself if I can manage to do so before having an aneurysm.
Right-leaning American Christian. Guns are fun. Space is fun too.
gender and biology are the same thing, sorry
I respect your right to ruin your life, but I don't have to celebrate it

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:46 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:The amount of anti-cop nonsense and stupidity displayed in this thread makes me want to quit NS and kill myself if I can manage to do so before having an aneurysm.

Try not to get so worked up about stuff you read on the internet.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:The amount of anti-cop nonsense and stupidity displayed in this thread makes me want to quit NS and kill myself if I can manage to do so before having an aneurysm.

Try not to get so worked up about stuff you read on the internet.

Yeah, I don't actually feel that strongly about this thread but I'm certainly not clicking on it ever again...

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:48 pm

“Anti-cop nonsense”. Either you haven’t been paying attention, or worse, you don’t care. If you don’t see the wrongs that cops are committing, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Cultural Posadism
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cultural Posadism » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:48 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Try not to get so worked up about stuff you read on the internet.

Yeah, I don't actually feel that strongly about this thread but I'm certainly not clicking on it ever again...

Ok, thanks for dropping by.
be gay do crime

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:Try not to get so worked up about stuff you read on the internet.

If it annoys you, might be best to probably take a break.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:

“Anti-cop nonsense”. Either you haven’t been paying attention, or worse, you don’t care. If you don’t see the wrongs that cops are committing, then I don’t know what to tell you.

I have probably been paying more attention than you. I've read some of your posts and they are chock-full of miss-info. Yeah, sometimes humans, who are broken and fallible creatures, do bad things. It happens.
You, however, have seemed to swallow hole the "burn it all down because it's irreversibly racist" pill that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:59 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:“Anti-cop nonsense”. Either you haven’t been paying attention, or worse, you don’t care. If you don’t see the wrongs that cops are committing, then I don’t know what to tell you.

I have probably been paying more attention than you. I've read some of your posts and they are chock-full of miss-info. Yeah, sometimes humans, who are broken and fallible creatures, do bad things. It happens.
You, however, have seemed to swallow hole the "burn it all down because it's irreversibly racist" pill that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Gee, it’s almost like cops were created specifically to enforce and perpetuate a racist system. You can take that “some cops are bad but it’s not all cops” and throw it down a well. If you’re too privileged to see the rot behind the very institution of police itself, rather than individuals, that’s on you. Why wouldn’t we burn it all down. It’s a vehicle through which the oppressor controls the oppressed.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Nejii wrote:
Cordel One wrote:No-knock raids are legal home invasions.

While no-knock raids are a controversy/incident waiting to happen, they do have a comprehensible purpose. To catch suspects completely off guard and prevent the destruction or hiding of evidence, or to keep suspects from escaping swiftly. That said, no-knock raids have proven to be problematic and even disastrous. Although calling them illegal kidnapping is a bit melodramatic.

I think the best way to treat them is to reserve them for situations where there is a present danger of violence. Something like a hostage situation. Otherwise it is best to just not use them imo.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General