NATION

PASSWORD

Should we be removing statues and logos?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is it worth it to take down statues and logos?

Yes, of course it is.
34%
No, why would we do that?
66%

Total votes : 109

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:30 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Cordel One wrote:Racism has always referred to prejudice against minorities. The word never changed, it's just less accepted now.

So it is not racist to be against another race as long as they are the majority race and you are the minority race? Is it impossible for blacks to be racist towards whites in European nations or the USA? I know many liberals seem to feel this way. However, I think racism is not appropriate for any race to do it and many minorities are also guilty of racism. For example, as long as liberals still love Malcolm X, it is hard to take them seriously when they demand statues of other people come down and streets/schools are renamed. Liberals seem to think black lives matter but white lives are inferior and white Jewish lives matter even less (notice many are also anti-Israel and pro-Palestine).

Malcolm X Must Fall: Hundreds of Streets, Schools Named After Black Ally of the KKK

https://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/col ... 020/06/24/

Why Are Liberals Opponents of Israel?

https://www.christianpost.com/news/why- ... srael.html

Do you honestly think liberals believe that? As a black nationalist I will tell you that this is ridiculously stupid. Liberals are predominantly white, and most of them are racists themselves. Also, you seriously believe “reverse racism” or whatever bullshit is real? It’s not “racism” when you’re the ones perpetuating a supremacist system and keeping other races down. White people don’t get this shit. They think that somehow a black person calling you out for racist bullshit is equivalent to centuries of slavery, murder, and oppression.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:32 pm

I’m sorry if I come off as abrasive, but you can see the ridiculous shit that people come up with to defend their racism.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:10 pm

New Ruchaar wrote:I don’t see why it’s different from fascist book burnings.

Because racism? What haven’t you all made racist? You literally redefined the word.

You really can't see how books and statues are different?

Statues are meant to commemorate or celebrate someone or something. They're rarely for educational purposes, and even the ones which do teach information usually do so via a plaque on the bottom.

Books' primary purpose is to contain information.

Previous

Return to General