NATION

PASSWORD

Is interracial/interethnic romance acceptable?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Is interracial/interethnic romance acceptable?

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:43 pm

Recently (actually a couple months ago) my mother confronted me and demanded to know whether I was dating this friend of mine who is Croatian or not. Many of you may be wondering why this is an issue. Is said girl a drug addict? Is she mean? Does she have some sort of problem? Well, no, my mom didn't like the idea of me dating her because the girl was Croatian. You see, my mom is one of the few biological racists left. In a day in age when ranking people as inferior or superior based on genetics is seen as taboo, my mom still believes that certain groups are genetically predispositioned to be more or less intelligent. My mother's racial hierarchy divides the world into three baseline "races," those being Caucasian, Black, and East Eurasian. Within those races my mom further subdivides them into subraces, those being Northeast Eurasian, Southeast Eurasian, Turkic Central Asian and Native American for East Eurasians; Nordic, Balto-Slavic and Mediterranean for Caucasians; and East African, Bantu, Khoisan, and Melanesian for black people. Mom views Mediterranean people and Northeast Eurasians as being equally superior to other groups, followed in the second tier by Nordic people, black people as a whole, Southeast Asians, and Native Americans. Her lowest tier on her list consists of Slavs, Magyars, Central Asians of Turkic extraction, Ashkenazi Jews, and East Indians. Whereas mom can show respect and admiration for people and her second tier of the racial hierarchy, she seems to feel nothing but disgust for those in the third tier. Because the girl I was crushing on is Croatian, therefore Slavic, mom was absolutely terrified of "pollution of the genes." I myself have never had an issue with interracial relationships and tbh I've only had two hispanic girlfriends. My other girlfriends were mainly white, black and Arab, and my mom for the most part either tolerated it or in the case of the two Arab girls I dated she was actively pushing me to marry them because "muh genetic superiority." I myself don't believe in biological races or genetic purity so I just don't give a shit, and it isnt even like I'm having kids with these women anyhow.

What is your opinion NSers? Is it acceptable to date those of another ethnicity or "race?" Would your family accept you interracial dating? Is it acceptable in your country? Let me know down below.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Dude just ignore your mom and love who you love. Your girlfriend being croatian is a feature not a bug.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:51 pm

Nevertopia wrote:Dude just ignore your mom and love who you love. Your girlfriend being croatian is a feature not a bug.

I mean me and that girl don't talk anymore anyhow. I have ignored my mom on several occasions like when I was with a girl who was Hungarian, which would have made my mom have a damn panic attack.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Ignore your mama, the origin doesn't matter, the most important thing is love
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Nevertopia wrote:Dude just ignore your mom and love who you love. Your girlfriend being croatian is a feature not a bug.

It's not that simple, I mean you don't really want to burn the bridge to your own mom. My mom's cousin (a woman) experienced the same thing. She dated this perfect boy: handsome, good attitude, already have a job with high salary, and is a devout Muslim. He's a Minang and not a Javanese, however (despite tbh there's very little difference between the two when compared to, say, Black amd Indian) and she spent years trying to convince her mom to let her marry him. Eventually she had enough, and gave her mom an ultimatum: either she marry him, or she will not marry at all forever – which would be an extended-family wide megascandal. Horrified, her mom eventually gave the green light.
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Ignore your mama, the origin doesn't matter, the most important thing is love

Then there's my dad who keeps pushing me to marry a Jewish girl because "they have money." Oh dad, yare yare daze.

Pheu
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pheu » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:03 pm

How can it be not?
Are you in one? Do you love her/him/them?
Do you think your emotions and how you feel change just because of the ethnicity?

The only thing i don't find acceptable is the sexualizing or race fetishism my friends spit out of their mouths or I having to be scared of my family's reaction or my girlfriend or boyfriend being anxious because my family "could not take well the fact that they are of an other ethnicity"

It's ridicoulous but the only thing we can do is not care about them, have honest open conversations and lead them out of bigotry when possible.
Nation of Pheu
A small democratic insular nation in the midst of a beautiful gulf minding their own business.

Establish an embassy in Pheu! | Our Wiki

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:What is your opinion NSers? Is it acceptable to date those of another ethnicity or "race?"
Yes.
Would your family accept you interracial dating?
They do.
Is it acceptable in your country?
It depends on the dynamic. Let me know down below. The acceptability of an interracial relationship, both within the communities and wider society, is dependent upon the races involved and the gender dynamic.
Last edited by The Marlborough on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 pm

There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships.

End of story.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Nevertopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Ignore your mama, the origin doesn't matter, the most important thing is love

Then there's my dad who keeps pushing me to marry a Jewish girl because "they have money." Oh dad, yare yare daze.

screw em, date who you love.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:13 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:What is your opinion NSers? Is it acceptable to date those of another ethnicity or "race?"
Yes.
Would your family accept you interracial dating?
They do.
Is it acceptable in your country?
It depends on the dynamic. Let me know down below. The acceptability of an interracial relationship, both within the communities and wider society, is dependent upon the races involved and the gender dynamic.

Youre filipino, right?

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Love is all you need, my man. ♥

I'm sorry about your situation, though.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Love is all you need, my man. ♥

I'm sorry about your situation, though.

It's hard when your parents have views you view as archaic.

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Yes.
/thread
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:20 pm

Overall, I think it just depends on how much you're willing to trade off. Another example would be my two close friends, who are very sticky lovers. Not only they're of a different ethnicity, they're also a different religion, which is far more scandalous. Ironically (and probably also due to my influence lol), both became atheists during highschool, so the religious difference don't really matter to them personally. But the boy's parent (which, admittedly, is a broken family) is a radical Islamist that views music as haram and cut off his earphone with a scissor when he was caught listening to music. So if everything worked out until after college (which I have my doubts, but who knows), he plans to just move to Australia where there are also better jobs, "convert" to Christianity (which won't be a problem since he's an atheist) and marry.

Had I been chosen as the school valedictorian during the graduation ceremony, I actually planned to give a speech to openly endorse inter-religious relationships in front of all the parents, pointing out that the Islamist-linked leader of the opposition is also actually the offspring of a happy, inter-religious couple. Sadly I came up third in the ranks, so the dream wasn't realized :p

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:20 pm

The Marlborough wrote:Yes. They do. It depends on the dynamic. Let me know down below. The acceptability of an interracial relationship, both within the communities and wider society, is dependent upon the races involved and the gender dynamic.

Youre filipino, right?

No.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Youre filipino, right?

No.

Okay? I thought you were for some reason and expected an explanation if I was wrong but thats fine. I'm gonna guess you're American then

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:22 pm

Resilient Acceleration wrote:Overall, I think it just depends on how much you're willing to trade off. Another example would be my two close friends, who are very sticky lovers. Not only they're of a different ethnicity, they're also a different religion, which is far more scandalous. Ironically (and probably also due to my influence lol), both became atheists during highschool, so the religious difference don't really matter to them personally. But the boy's parent (which, admittedly, is a broken family) is a radical Islamist that views music as haram and cut off his earphone with a scissor when he was caught listening to music. So if everything worked out until after college (which I have my doubts, but who knows), he plans to just move to Australia where there are also better jobs, "convert" to Christianity (which won't be a problem since he's an atheist) and marry.

Had I been chosen as the school valedictorian during the graduation ceremony, I actually planned to give a speech to openly endorse inter-religious relationships in front of all the parents, pointing out that the Islamist-linked leader of the opposition is also actually the offspring of a happy, inter-religious couple. Sadly I came up third in the ranks, so the dream wasn't realized :p

Where do you live where radical Islam just springs up like that?

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:24 pm

The Marlborough wrote:No.

Okay? I thought you were for some reason and expected an explanation if I was wrong but thats fine. I'm gonna guess you're American then

I'm from Canada. I'm white but my wife is Indigenous.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:25 pm

The Marlborough wrote:

I'm from Canada. I'm white but my wife is Indigenous.

Close enough. At least it isn't like you're Chinese or South African where I'm totally off the mark.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:27 pm

Genetic origin doesn't matter. Look, this is my genetic origin. 8)
Turkish 75.1%
Slav 20.4%
Indian 1.35%
Chinese 1%
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:27 pm

The hottest take I've come across in regards to interracial relationships is that they are instances of rape.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Genetic origin doesn't matter. Look, this is my genetic origin. 8)
Turkish 75.1%
Slav 20.4%
Indian 1.35%
Chinese 1%

So do you have like a Slavic grandparent?

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 pm

The Marlborough wrote:The hottest take I've come across in regards to interracial relationships is that they are instances of rape.

What

Suriyanakhon
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Suriyanakhon » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 pm

Absolutely, there's no reason that one should think otherwise unless the other person is adamantly opposed to your cultural identity and in that case the relationship being interethnic isn't the problem, the other partner is. As an Anglo who studies a long dead Indo-Aryan language and tried becoming a monk in Southeast Asia, I'm the last person who should criticize someone for “mixing” ethnically.
Last edited by Suriyanakhon on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Drowned Victorian Waif (he/him)
Imāmiyya Shīʿa Muslim

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General