NATION

PASSWORD

Weirdest thing that you ever experienced

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Megistos
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Megistos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:00 am

Kid days, playing with my brother, then I tripped on glass and got a huge cut down my foot. Luckily it wasn't major, but I can still see the effects today. That day was so weird...
Ambassador To Canada

Vu Den Voc
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vu Den Voc » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:35 am

Megistos wrote:Kid days, playing with my brother, then I tripped on glass and got a huge cut down my foot. Luckily it wasn't major, but I can still see the effects today. That day was so weird...

Now that you say that it brings back my memory of attempting open a potato chip bag with a knife. Then i cut my middle finger and i had to tell my dad. Surprisingly he was not mad and it took weeks to heal. Now when i one day i grandkids, i have to explain to them was i used a knife to open a potato chip bag and why natural selection failed that day. lol
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=492916 JOIN SETA!!! NOW
Recent news:Vu Den Voc forms FAFT, VDV gets backlash for trying to promote peace though FAFT- VDV countines to build more nukes as the leader works on his 27th one.- Soldiers guard the DMZ as a capitalist nation maintains hostile relations towards Vu Den Voc

Travislavania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Travislavania » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:42 am

i was having chicken wings, i kid you not... there was a fried rat in there.
Join Me in Macula Offeret

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:30 pm

South Cayriya wrote:when i was a kid, like around 7 or 8, i burned my arm

WHY IS THE SCAR STILL THERE WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

https://msktc.org/burn/factsheets/Scar-Management

It probably was a second degree burn.
It is very normal. 30 years after burning a spot on my leg, (the exhaust pipe can be very hot) I too still have a scar.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Sometimes scars fade over time, but the big, deep ones often don't.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Years ago, back in Spain. I had gone back home for the holidays. Met with a few college friends and we went to have a few drinks at a local bar. On our way back home, while walking though the old part of town, we passed through the piazza in front of the old cathedral. I looked up to the roof, because it had started snowing but also because I felt strange. I saw what looked like a shrouded figure, holding an orb, on the church’s steeple. It was there for a split second. It was disorienting.

Of course, since booze had been involved and I was tipsy it may have been just something I imagined. But it was weird.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:13 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Sometimes scars fade over time, but the big, deep ones often don't.

When I was 6, I was playing on monkey bars, and dropped weirdly, so my chin smashed into my knee. Still have the scars.

The weirdest days that have happened to me are when I had infected teeth, and they needed to be removed. The dentist literally tried to fucking rip the teeth out. I was 6. 2007 was shit.
Another day is when I legit attempted to speak in a Celtic accent and lost my voice for a day. I don’t understand myself. Help.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:37 pm

After reading this I realize many of you could benefit from lithium.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Greed and Death wrote:After reading this I realize many of you could benefit from lithium.

Yeah. I could.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:54 pm

I've decided that the weirdest thing I've lived through is 2020. I can definitely feel the psychological damage, but at least I'm inside, right? Right...?
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:I've decided that the weirdest thing I've lived through is 2020. I can definitely feel the psychological damage, but at least I'm inside, right? Right...?

Sure buddy.
2020, weird? Yes. Shit? Yes.
The one thing I can take away from this year is that you can’t rickroll the shit out of your friends enough and stick bug memes will live on.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Greed and Death wrote:After reading this I realize many of you could benefit from lithium.

Speaking from your own personal experience taking lithium? :lol2:
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:I've decided that the weirdest thing I've lived through is 2020. I can definitely feel the psychological damage, but at least I'm inside, right? Right...?

Sure buddy.
2020, weird? Yes. Shit? Yes.
The one thing I can take away from this year is that you can’t rickroll the shit out of your friends enough and stick bug memes will live on.

Also, the things you spent months looking forward to suddenly don't exist. Guess they weren't THAT important I'm still salty.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:02 pm

This surprises you?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:03 pm

I mean, you can't spell "lithium" without "lit."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:33 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:

Yeah. I could.

Lithium by Nirvana? Yeah I could benefit from thst.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:17 am

I think the weirdest thing that happened to me was some lady at a bus stop wanting to pull apart a wishbone with me when I was heading to high school, and wanted to tell my mother that she said hi. I genuinely have no clue just who the fuck she was: she seemed familiar, but at the same time, I don't know exactly who she was. Could have been a neighbor, could have been someone I have not seen in ages somehow recognizing me, though this seems to be a common occurrence with me (some old guy says hi to me every now and then, and while I feel like I had him as a teacher in high school or smth, I don't know if it was my math teacher from the first semester of Grade 9 or if he is a prof at the uni or whatever).

Another was when a couple people wanted me to do an interview with them for "CBC French" while I was waiting downtown for the bus to go home from uni. Needless to say, I turned them down, and then realized a few minutes later that it was probably some sort of scam, even though I saw someone with a station-quality camera, given at this point, it was "Ici Radio Canada." Even though je ne parler francais, they somehow wanted to interview me about... some local business?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:59 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Sometimes scars fade over time, but the big, deep ones often don't.

When I was 6, I was playing on monkey bars, and dropped weirdly, so my chin smashed into my knee. Still have the scars.

The weirdest days that have happened to me are when I had infected teeth, and they needed to be removed. The dentist literally tried to fucking rip the teeth out. I was 6. 2007 was shit.
Another day is when I legit attempted to speak in a Celtic accent and lost my voice for a day. I don’t understand myself. Help.

Ouch.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:07 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:When I was 6, I was playing on monkey bars, and dropped weirdly, so my chin smashed into my knee. Still have the scars.

Ouch.

yeah, I stopped her from doing it literally when she had clamps on the teeth.
ultimately I had to be knocked out so they could take them out.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:08 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Ouch.

yeah, I stopped her from doing it literally when she had clamps on the teeth.

At least they put you under.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:10 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:yeah, I stopped her from doing it literally when she had clamps on the teeth.

At least they put you under.

got a couple dollars from me mum, too.

Glen Ellyn
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen Ellyn » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:37 am

Ok, I have a story that isn’t really weird, but sort of weird:
There is this sports complex where my sister plays soccer every week. Inside the sports complex is a running track. You have to be a member at the sports complex to run on it, and I was not. Just as I was walking away a classmate (who was running on the track) saw me and said that I could run with her. I said “ok, thanks”. We talked and ran for about 10 minutes. The problem is I can’t remember who the classmate was. What is weird about this is that I NEVER forget minor details like that. This happened 6 years ago. I have tried unsuccessfully to remember who it was. This has startled and baffled me for a while.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:06 am

I mistook a guy I know for another guy I know yesterday.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:01 am

South Cayriya wrote:when i was a kid, like around 7 or 8, i burned my arm

WHY IS THE SCAR STILL THERE WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

I mean, I got stung by a wasp when I was 11 at the back of my knee. While the scar has degraded over the years to the point where I can barely see it, if I look carefully at my bare legs, I'll still see a small bit of a scar.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:21 am

I was convinced that I am "dense" that everything I know, the rest of the world surely knows too. If even I know it, it must be the most basic of knowledge.

You can imagine my surprise to learn that : No, the rest of the world doesn't know what I know, I apparently am quite intelligent.

That doesn't bode well for the world...

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General