NATION

PASSWORD

Weirdest thing that you ever experienced

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Once I saw a formation of diamond shaped objects flying North. To this day I don't know what they were.

Since the lights had floated out of sight by the time I'd called others over to see, I had a bit of anxiety for a while there about looking at the night sky when nobody else could see it. I was a weird kid - I'm still weird really.

I'm very alienophobic. I dont know if extraterrestrials have visited earth but if they have, I don't trust them. So when I see a UFO, I'm the first to run. I dont stand around photographing it.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:What color were they?

Scarlett. They were definitely diamond shaped.
That rules out my F-117 Nighthawk theory.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Since the lights had floated out of sight by the time I'd called others over to see, I had a bit of anxiety for a while there about looking at the night sky when nobody else could see it. I was a weird kid - I'm still weird really.

I'm very alienophobic. I dont know if extraterrestrials have visited earth but if they have, I don't trust them. So when I see a UFO, I'm the first to run. I dont stand around photographing it.

You're basically that one guy who survives the horror movie because he just nopes the fuck out of there while others are gawping and taking photos.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014

Postby Xmara » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Albrenia wrote:

I'm the exact opposite. When I saw that bright flash in the sky when I was with my mom I actually got pretty excited.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGTkcuihFG- ... es1te62ow4

I actually spotted some UFOs last month while walking after work. They were floating southwest in the night sky and I took a few pics before skedaddling.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Xmara wrote:

I'm the exact opposite. When I saw that bright flash in the sky when I was with my mom I actually got pretty excited.

Could it have been a meteor?

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Albrenia wrote:

You're basically that one guy who survives the horror movie because he just nopes the fuck out of there while others are gawping and taking photos.

Remember in war of the worlds when the tripod rises out of the ground and everyone just stands there till it starts bug zapping people? I would have been two blocks away by the time it got to that.

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Xmara wrote:I'm the exact opposite. When I saw that bright flash in the sky when I was with my mom I actually got pretty excited.

IDK. I just know I was thrilled. I've been interested in space since I was 6 and went through a phase of being obsessed with aliens when I was around 8-9.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Xmara wrote:

IDK. I just know I was thrilled. I've been interested in space since I was 6 and went through a phase of being obsessed with aliens when I was around 8-9.

The only scenario in which I would want to meet an extraterrestrial would be if say some descendants of humans taken thousands of years ago by ancient astronaut aliens were to return to earth after overthrowing their alien overlords and taking spaceships back to our planet.
Last edited by Borderlands of Rojava on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:57 pm

Albrenia wrote:

Remember in war of the worlds when the tripod rises out of the ground and everyone just stands there till it starts bug zapping people? I would have been two blocks away by the time it got to that.

LOL and then you have me. When I went on a ghost tour a couple of years ago, we were in this house and I heard one of our tour guides shout from another room. I ran towards the room to see what happened rather than stay with everyone else in the group. My curiosity would get me killed in a horror movie in the first 5 minutes.
Last edited by Xmara on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:58 pm

Xmara wrote:

LOL and then you have me. When I went on a ghost tour a couple of years ago, we were in this house and I heard someone shout from another room. I ran towards the room to see what happened rather than stay with everyone else in the group. My curiosity would get me killed in a horror movie in the first 5 minutes.

I remember the day after me and Meco had a terrifying encounter with a flying saucer, our friend Ryan had us take him out to the baseball diamond so he could wait there with a camera to see if the damn thing would show up. I was ready to run as was Meco but Ryan is eagerly waiting for the UFO which didn't show up that night.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Other than the strange lights, once I saw a guy in a heavy rainstorm using a hose to wash his driveway.

Oh, and not so much weird as memorable, a bolt of lightning struck the house across the road from me. It was so loud, and the smell of ozone was strong.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:02 pm

On the last day of ninth grade there was a riot.

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:10 pm

There's an old man who sometimes bicycles through my town during the summer wearing nothing but a speedo.

One time I was at the doctor's with a respiratory infection and this guy sat down across from me who claimed to be a prophet. He told me that before the Rapture takes place, four things must occur: the last president of the US would be a woman, the queen of England will die, the king would abdicate, and the new king (William) would become both king and pope. He was dead serious.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:11 pm

When I was in Elementary School I remember seeing something that looked like an Aluminum sphere flying around the treeline of a fenced golf club. The oddest part is that it seemed to change shapes, going from sphere to disc, like a floating blob of quicksilver. My memory about the event is very fuzzy though.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Vashty
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashty » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:25 pm

STrap yourselves in folks.

About a month ago I went to a historical reenactment in the middle of nowhere, England.It was a cold war reenactment and I went in full Yugoslav equipment to represent some of the neutral nations during the period.We camped at a site and the site was open to the public for exhibitions and it was a great time.On the second day, I walk over to a friend of mine.

Oh wait, no.I don't make it.

Before my brain knows what to do, I have fallen about 8 feet with my legs now down a manhole. I have saved myself from some mad fate by the edges of my elbows simply making me too wide to fall all the way through. I was lucky to be like that and react with my arms fast enough.

If I had fell all the way through that hole, beneath that manhole cover that fell through was a 30 square metre septic tank full of about 5 years' worth of shit. Literally shite. The thing was literally like 12 foot deep easy. I would have died in shit. I would have literally drowned in a pool of excrement.

That was the weirdest life-threatening and probably weirdest thing that ever happened to me
Last edited by Vashty on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| Formerly Vashtanaraada

Manners cost nothing because they're worthless

I play drums. https://youtu.be/mhRsiHRQOHE

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 pm

Vashty wrote:STrap yourselves in folks.

About a month ago I went to a historical reenactment in the middle of nowhere, England.It was a cold war reenactment and I went in full Yugoslav equipment to represent some of the neutral nations during the period.We camped at a site and the site was open to the public for exhibitions and it was a great time.On the second day, I walk over to a friend of mine.

Before my brain knows what to do, I have fallen about 8 feet with my legs now down a manhole. I have saved myself from some mad fate by the edges of my elbows simply making me too wide to fall all the way through. I was lucky to be like that and react with my arms fast enough.

If I had fell all the way through that hole, beneath that manhole cover that fell through was a 30 square metre septic tank full of about 5 years' worth of shit. Literally shite. The thing was literally like 12 foot deep easy. I would have died in shit. I would have literally drowned in a pool of excrement.

That was the weirdest life-threatening and probably weirdest thing that ever happened to me

You went to a Cold War re-enactment? That is weird.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 pm

Bruh

Vashty
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashty » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:30 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

You went to a Cold War re-enactment? That is weird.

aye, honest

Last edited by Vashty on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| Formerly Vashtanaraada

Manners cost nothing because they're worthless

I play drums. https://youtu.be/mhRsiHRQOHE

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:03 pm

All drug related to be fair..

On mushrooms in Germany we went wandering out at night and were attracted by this field of little red lights.. getting closer we realised it was a cemetery and then read of, like, a whole family on one date and realised it was probably the result of Allied bombing campaigns. There were loads of them.

Pretty sobering.

In India on acid, sitting on a beach and I was watching the ocean have like green streaks of lightning as if Poseidon was battling with some monster.. my friend and I were both mesmerised for a while until one of us piped up.. are you seeing what I'm seeing, and on realising both of us were seeing we realised it was real not the acid. We were like.. what the hell is happening..

It was only later we learned of phosphorus of the sea.

Also in India, at the Taj Mahal, my friend and I were playing Backgammon in the gardens smoking some joints when the police came up to us. They asked us to come with them to the police station, so off we went thinking.. shieeeeeet.. but, no, they sat us in a glade outside the station with some old baba and we all smoked and chatted and drank tea, they just didn't want us smoking at the Taj Mahal..

..plenty others I suppose..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:37 am

Xmara wrote:

LOL and then you have me. When I went on a ghost tour a couple of years ago, we were in this house and I heard one of our tour guides shout from another room. I ran towards the room to see what happened rather than stay with everyone else in the group. My curiosity would get me killed in a horror movie in the first 5 minutes.

Honestly, I'd probably be the guy who says,"What was that? Let's go check it out!" I mean, I'd like to think I'd have the sense to run, but I'm curious about weird things.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 am

Someone once poured inflammable liquid on themselves, and then set fire to it in my living room.
Everything is intertwinkled

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:38 am

Experienced, like dreams?

I once dreamed that I joined the North Korean army voluntarily and realised that the training was not too bad... at first. Then it got super crazy and I wanted out.

I deserted by running through an old sewer tunnel, 800 meters length. Took me to Singapore, with my family waiting there. N Korea and Singapore, connected by 800 meters worth of tunnel. I then decided that I wanted to have another go, i.e. "I want to beat my record of how fast I can escape North Korea."

-----

RL Experience... there's just too many to remember and talk about. One in particular.

A few of my relatives live near a bridge that goes across the river in Yangon. So they live beside the bridge there. Okay, right? A little creepyyyy, but okay.

So one night, after me and my family paid them a visit, we went back to our home. I swear to goodness as we drove under the bridge, I saw a family of 6 dining there on a round white plastic table, with an overhead light. Why are they there? Was I hallucinating because I lacked sleep? Why on Earth did someone choose that place to dine out of all places, especially in a 8 PM Yangon that is dark as hell?

That was back in... 2003- 2004, ish.

-----

Smaller, separate experience was me as a kid riding back home on a car... that is blaring its >100 km/h alarm, and was going 160 km/h. Cars in Burma, let alone most countries, don't go that fast. Again, was it a dream? Or was it going at 80 km/h, but is the speedometer broken? I like to think that because cars back in Burma were broken as heck.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:27 am

The first time I smoked wax was weird. I had smoked weed for a long time by this point but never wax and when it hit me, everything went sideways. The fence in the yard seemed bent in an arc like the planet just shrank like by 500%, and everyone seemed almost animated in appearance like I was in a comic strip. Sound seemed far away and when I had to climb the stairs in my buddy's project, they seemed steep as mount baldy and as tall as mount everest. I took a walk to find my friend Santo and it seemed like we had to turn down 1000 streets to get to his house three blocks away. Then we went to see Byrd and he was as high as I was, and when we went to get his fiancee from work, she was the only person in the group who wasn't high on wax. We returned to the apartment and I passed out for a good 5 hours before waking up to Sean sitting on the bed Indian style and ranting about being black, and Tony leaning against the corner unable to talk cause he smoked the equivalent of like 10 blunts of weed. I didn't totally come down for maybe 10 hours although by hour 5 my sense of reality had returned to me.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:42 am

Once I got pulled out of a vagina and spent several decades living among a bunch of hairless apes, who eventually accepted me as one of them.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General