NATION

PASSWORD

Sudan to normalize relations with Israel

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is the Arab/Muslim world right to normalize ties with Israel?

Yes.
81%
No.
19%

Total votes : 108

Echellia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Echellia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Echellia wrote:
Really? Then why are there ethnic Europeans, Africans, Arabs, and Asians of different faiths and backgrounds living in the same neighborhoods, befriending each other, and working side by side there? Really, if you ever go to Israel, you will see what I mean.

And if you ever go to the Palestinian territories, you will see what I mean, the Palestinians are kept in high fences and cannot leave their homes without a permit, and are often evicted to make room for Jewish settlers.

Funny you should say that. Here in the US I know of a couple Paletinians and both say that a lot of the stuff said in left-wing propaganda about the occupation are exaggerations or even outright lies.
Proud borderline sucker!

Federative States of America
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Federative States of America » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 am

based
Former WA delegate.
My nation is simple: the Annexation Bill passed in 1866 and the North American people were united.
Trump 2024!

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 am

Echellia wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:And if you ever go to the Palestinian territories, you will see what I mean, the Palestinians are kept in high fences and cannot leave their homes without a permit, and are often evicted to make room for Jewish settlers.

Funny you should say that. Here in the US I know of a couple Paletinians and both say that a lot of the stuff said in left-wing propaganda about the occupation are exaggerations or even outright lies.

They are lying to you then.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 am

Echellia wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:And if you ever go to the Palestinian territories, you will see what I mean, the Palestinians are kept in high fences and cannot leave their homes without a permit, and are often evicted to make room for Jewish settlers.

Palestinians living abroad vs Palestinians living in Palestine.

Hhmmm I wonder who might know more about the issue. :roll:
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Echellia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Echellia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:24 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Echellia wrote:

They used to live in Palestine :p
Proud borderline sucker!

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:24 am

Likud's national liberalism continues to kill Israel as a nation.
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:25 am

Echellia wrote:

Used to vs still does.

Hhmmmm. Tough call.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Echellia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Echellia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Echellia wrote:

They are lying to you then.

Just because your left-wing propaganda doesn't correspond with reality doesn't mean that the facts are lying to you.
Proud borderline sucker!

Echellia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Echellia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 am

Echellia wrote:

Used to vs still does.

Hhmmmm. Tough call.

They still have relatives there... relatives that they talk to.
Proud borderline sucker!

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 am

Echellia wrote:

A lot of it is just propaganda and exaggerations. Israel is just a secular, multicultural democracy trying to defend its people. A people who have been the most persecuted in history.

And remember, the Israeli government would never lie about that to make itself look better.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:27 am

Echellia wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:They are lying to you then.

Just because your left-wing propaganda doesn't correspond with reality doesn't mean that the facts are lying to you.

You've not presented any facts. For all I know you don't know any Palestinians. But I do, my church is primarily made up of Palestinian Christian refugees, and they say the occupation is quite awful, and several say they would support another Pan-Arab war.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Echellia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Echellia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:28 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Echellia wrote:

You've not presented any facts. For all I know you don't know any Palestinians. But I do, my church is primarily made up of Palestinian Christian refugees, and they say the occupation is quite awful, and several say they would support another Pan-Arab war.

Then for all I know, you are lying :p
Proud borderline sucker!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:28 am

Vivolkha wrote:Arab nations recognizing Israel (a positive development) has much more to do with the current Middle East Cold War than with Donald Trump. Except the UAE, most petromonarchies have some of the most expensive, wasteful and inefficient armies in the world. Meanwhile, Israel, which is just as opposed to Iran as they are, has the most efficient army in the world and very advanced military technology.

Israelis have the right to have a place to live and Israel is not going anywhere. Denying its existance doesn't change the facts in the ground.

Pretty much this. It’s more about the brewing Cold War than anything Trump has done. But it’s also about getting concessions from Israel. Since Arab nations now recognize Israel, Israel has more to lose if they decide to do something stupid like invading Gaza or annexing the West Bank

Basically the Arab world has realized that doing the same old same old hasn’t worked and if they want Israel to change they need to change on some stances
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:32 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Echellia wrote:
That's on Palestine, not Israel.

The Palestinian territories are occupied by Israel.

And the more Arab nations that recognize Israel the more power they can exert on Israel. Meaning that if Israel doesn’t want to lose its new friends it might want to back off from the West Bank.

In another way the more Arab nations that recognize Israel means we should decrease our aid to Israel as they’ll have less threats
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:34 am

The Restored Danelaw wrote:More good news. The sooner all Arab states normalize relations with Israel, the better. Hopfully Kuwait, Jordan or Oman do it next before Saudi Arabia does.

Jordan de facto acknowledges Israel’s existence as does KSA technically
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 am

Echellia wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:You've not presented any facts. For all I know you don't know any Palestinians. But I do, my church is primarily made up of Palestinian Christian refugees, and they say the occupation is quite awful, and several say they would support another Pan-Arab war.

You basically just proved his point.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 am

Echellia wrote:

Exactly. Anecdotes, especially ones of "I know a guy who..." are not accepted as facts for a reason.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 am

Punished UMN wrote:

Exactly. Anecdotes, especially ones of "I know a guy who..." are not accepted as facts for a reason.

But... that's also what you have done? Your source lives out of the region, as does Echellia's.
Last edited by The Restored Danelaw on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.
Creds for the pfp goes to Rein

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:52 am

The Restored Danelaw wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Exactly. Anecdotes, especially ones of "I know a guy who..." are not accepted as facts for a reason.

But... that's also what you have done? Your source lives out of the region, as does Echellia's.

Someone else already posted a real source, if Echellia thinks anecdotes trump that, clearly I should respond with an anecdote.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 am

The Restored Danelaw wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Exactly. Anecdotes, especially ones of "I know a guy who..." are not accepted as facts for a reason.

Yes. That was the point.

*WOOSH*

That's the sound of the point going over your head.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:30 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:Disappointing and disgraceful but not surprising. If there's one thing Arab countries are good at, it's throwing other Arabs under the bus.

It’s disappointing to you that Arab countries are treating Israel as a country and not some special entity?
♔ The Empire of Aureumterra ♔

IIWiki
TL;DR Nordic Oppressive Absolute Empire
Maintainence Thread (Outdated)
Esvanovia, Ajax, etc. member

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:Disappointing and disgraceful but not surprising. If there's one thing Arab countries are good at, it's throwing other Arabs under the bus.

Israel exists, whether you like it or not. That's a fact.

Arabs lost their legitimacy when they resorted to force (repeatedly) and lost badly (repeatedly). If you want to play "might makes right", then accept the consequences.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:05 am

The Restored Danelaw wrote:More good news. The sooner all Arab states normalize relations with Israel, the better. Hopfully Kuwait, Jordan or Oman do it next before Saudi Arabia does.

Jordan has normalized relations with Israel since 1994. They were the second Arab country to do so.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:06 am

Echellia wrote:

" I know a guy and he says everythings ok" is one of the world's weakest arguments and you really ought to know that.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:12 am

Vivolkha wrote:

Israel exists, whether you like it or not. That's a fact.

Arabs lost their legitimacy when they resorted to force (repeatedly) and lost badly (repeatedly). If you want to play "might makes right", then accept the consequences.

The Israelis were the ones who resorted to force, the Arabs only used force to defend their lands.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General