NATION

PASSWORD

French Exhibit on Genghis Khan Pressured by China

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Kiu Ghesik wrote:Sounds based.

[THE NEUTRALITY OF THIS SECTION IS DISPUTED.]

Spotted the Yuan Dynasty shill. :eek:

The Yuan were based. Created the first passports, respected other cultures, had relations who did a lot to combat climate change... uh, let's not talk about the last one...

I mean, they were doomed to fail, but they did some cool stuff. And some nasty stuff.

Actually they did a lot of nasty stuff.
Last edited by Kiu Ghesik on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm

Ikazia wrote:Supporting a bloodthirsty anti-communist lunatic and repeating racist stereotypes doesn't "Own the CCP", it just makes you look dumb.

I would rather have a bloodthirsty anti-Marxist lunatic in power than a Marxist in power. Every day. Every time. I would go so far to say that Stalin was worse than Hitler.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Diahon wrote:
no

No to liking the Yuan Dynasty?

Or no to doubling down when Red China gets butt hurt?

no to one in principle, no to the other if in bad faith or otherwise spewing bigotry or authoritarians who happen to side with us

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:I remember when China told a Nepali museum to remove an exhibit on the Vijayanagari king Krishnadevaraya’s ambassador, who famously went to Ming China and refused to KowTow

What was the outcome?

He was a Shaivist Hindu, so he is forbidden to bow to anyone but idols of Lord Shiva, I think they recognized that, but it’s funny because tension between India and China has existed for centuries

I think the exhibit got shut down because the current Nepali government is a puppet of China
Last edited by The Hindustani State on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Ikazia wrote:Supporting a bloodthirsty anti-communist lunatic and repeating racist stereotypes doesn't "Own the CCP", it just makes you look dumb.

I would rather have a bloodthirsty anti-Marxist lunatic in power than a Marxist in power. Every day. Every time. I would go so far to say that Stalin was worse than Hitler.

Godwin's law, tsk tsk tsk...
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:46 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

i would prefer mass suicide, tbh

Ikazia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ikazia » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:50 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:Yuan Empire is CHAD EMPIRE. Even after six hundred years, they are STILL butt hurt enough to tell other nations to stop reminding them how their lunch got eaten by Genghis Khan.

France's response should be to open up an exhibit on the Century of Humiliation and those Fifty-Five Days at Beijing.

When you offend Red China or offend a Marxist, you don't apologize.

You double down.

You know that, in Maoist China, Genghis Khan was viewed generally favorably as a good emperor who help spread Song culture to the west? They didn't hate him or decry him. Soooooo....

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:52 pm

Diahon wrote:no to one in principle, no to the other if in bad faith or otherwise spewing bigotry or authoritarians who happen to side with us

There is nothing wrong with attacking the CCP in bad faith, because the CCP's mere existence is an act of bad faith against all people enslaved under its totalitarian wrath. Being "bigoted" to Red China- note, I mean the government, not your average citizen in the country -is equal to being "bigoted" towards Maduro, or Castro, or Iran, or the Kimmies in Korea, and so on.

Every opportunity to insult and degrade the pride, dignity, image, and self-worth of the CCP and any person willingly part of that organization is an opportunity worth taking. For as long as the CCP crushes China under its heel, I will continue to hope for another Century of Humiliation.

The problem, of course, is that they will ultimately eclipse us if we don't triple down and incentivize outsourcing solely to countries that do not hate us, like Japan or Vietnam, or INDIA, etc. etc. .
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:53 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Diahon wrote:no to one in principle, no to the other if in bad faith or otherwise spewing bigotry or authoritarians who happen to side with us

There is nothing wrong with attacking the CCP in bad faith, because the CCP's mere existence is an act of bad faith against all people enslaved under its totalitarian wrath. Being "bigoted" to Red China- note, I mean the government, not your average citizen in the country -is equal to being "bigoted" towards Maduro, or Castro, or Iran, or the Kimmies in Korea, and so on.

Every opportunity to insult and degrade the pride, dignity, image, and self-worth of the CCP and any person willingly part of that organization is an opportunity worth taking. For as long as the CCP crushes China under its heel, I will continue to hope for another Century of Humiliation.

The problem, of course, is that they will ultimately eclipse us if we don't triple down and incentivize outsourcing solely to countries that do not hate us, like Japan or Vietnam, or INDIA, etc. etc. .

^^This is why I made Mongol Fardelshufflestein. May regret it in two days, but still.
Yeah, why does the US like to import things from a country that does not seem to like it in the least? Come on, Murica. Come on.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Willtime
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Willtime » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Will anyone just tell me.
What the description of Genghis Khan and his career is,in this exhibit?

Aramaalan
Civilian

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aramaalan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Willtime wrote:Will anyone just tell me.
What the description of Genghis Khan and his career is,in this exhibit?

That his empire (key word here) included much of modern day China, and possibly that his grandson scooped up the remaining parts?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Not surprised. China has been trying to bully establishments in Europe, through their consuls and ambassadors, when anything if even remotely, is published or discussed that paints China in a bad light.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:17 pm

The CCP aren't even communist anymore. They're honestly Han fascists. They see Han civilization as the center of the world and believe they are superior to other cultures and have undertaken a policy of forced assimilation on their home front against the Uighurs and now Mongols too, and they seek to enslave the rest of the world so that their needs are met by us.

I want them out of my country. No more of this totalitarian nightmare.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Ikazia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ikazia » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:20 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

That... is kinda fucked up, not gonna lie. First, I'm not gonna go on about the ethics of Marxism and the USSR, but im just gonna state that: 1. Nazism Is solely based on racial supremacy, genocide, and cruelty, and Marxism is not, and 2. I don't want to get into a big debate about Stalin, but if you are judging "evil" from the amount of people killed by a leader, no, Stalin is not worse than Hitler. Some of the numbers that are thrown around about the amount of people killed by Stalin range from 20-60 million, yet the population was continued to grow quite greatly. So, either Stalin was a powerful necromancer and raised them from the dead, or... the number of people killed was greatly inflated, due to anti-communist political pressure in the west.

Also, I have to say being so willing to support a murderous anti-communist dictator instead of a Marxist leader is genuinely worrying. In that case, was it okay that Augusto Pinochet (with the support of the US), launched a military coup against the democratically elected Marxist leader Salvador Allende in Chile? Is the brutal military dictator who butchered his population, used rape as an interrogation tactic, sunk the economy twice, and is regarded as the most hated figure in Chile really better than the non-violent, popular leader who did wonders to help the poor, improved the living standard, helped small businesses and labor unions, as well as countless other achievements?

Fascism is never a preferable alternative. It is an insidious ideology, and poses a danger to all people of the world.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:The CCP aren't even communist anymore. They're honestly Han fascists. They see Han civilization as the center of the world and believe they are superior to other cultures and have undertaken a policy of forced assimilation on their home front against the Uighurs and now Mongols too, and they seek to enslave the rest of the world so that their needs are met by us.

The Chinese Communist Party does not control the United States of America. At worst, it funds lobbies and funnels dark money into critical campaigns. That's not control, that's pay-to-play.

What it does control is the People's Republic of China, and that is bad enough.
Last edited by Diahon on Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Diahon wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:The CCP aren't even communist anymore. They're honestly Han fascists. They see Han civilization as the center of the world and believe they are superior to other cultures and have undertaken a policy of forced assimilation on their home front against the Uighurs and now Mongols too, and they seek to enslave the rest of the world so that their needs are met by us.

The Chinese Communist Party does not control the United States of America. At worst, it funds lobbies and funnels dark money into critical campaigns. That's not control, that's pay-to-play.

What it does control is the People's Republic of China, and that is bad enough.

Considering how the NBA came out against the Hong Kong protests and how our government keeps giving jobs away to China, I would say they have control here.

And they're gaining control across the global south.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Ikazia wrote:Jesus Christ, I never thought people could spew such shit until I read this thread full of national chauvinists and defenders of fascism. I'm not even a fan of China, and am highly critical of their modern government, but god damn. The brainrot is deep here. Newsflash everyone: Supporting a bloodthirsty anti-communist lunatic and repeating racist stereotypes doesn't "Own the CCP", it just makes you look dumb.

Which racist stereotypes? That China has a history of being racist to non Han people?

Ikazia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ikazia » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:25 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

Dude, you can't claim to not be bigoted towards the Chinese but wish them another Century of Humiliation. That was one of the biggest crimes against humanity on the Chinese PEOPLE, not just the government. If you romanticize a bunch of colonial empires ruthlessly exploiting the people of China, causing them untold suffering, you clearly don't care about the people of China.

Ikazia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ikazia » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Ikazia wrote:Jesus Christ, I never thought people could spew such shit until I read this thread full of national chauvinists and defenders of fascism. I'm not even a fan of China, and am highly critical of their modern government, but god damn. The brainrot is deep here. Newsflash everyone: Supporting a bloodthirsty anti-communist lunatic and repeating racist stereotypes doesn't "Own the CCP", it just makes you look dumb.

Which racist stereotypes? That China has a history of being racist to non Han people?

No, I was referring to people talking about opening exhibits about the "Wuhan Virus" and the "Disgusting Chinese Wet Markets." It just screams of racist dogwhistles.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Ikazia wrote:

No, I was referring to people talking about opening exhibits about the "Wuhan Virus" and the "Disgusting Chinese Wet Markets." It just screams of racist dogwhistles.

Lmao you mean the wet markets that actually exist? Maybe some people need to cut that shit out.

And it is the Wuhan virus. It started in Wuhan.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:29 pm

OK, that was bad. But I think that was meant to be sarcasm because if China is complaining about something celebrating the Mongols, they would complain a lot more about a COVID museum.
Ikazia wrote:

Yeah.
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:OK, that was bad. But I think that was meant to be sarcasm because if China is complaining about something celebrating the Mongols, they would complain a lot more about a COVID museum.

I wanna create something that drives the CCP off the deep end. They shouldn't be given any quarter

Ikazia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ikazia » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Ikazia wrote:

Lmao you mean the wet markets that actually exist? Maybe some people need to cut that shit out.

And it is the Wuhan virus. It started in Wuhan.

Y'know, I'm not a fan of China, but i'm just gonna throw this out there: If a year ago, China banned wet markets, I'll bet you 10 bucks people would be reporting it as "China clamping down on traditional living and individual freedoms."

Also, if you call COVID-19 the "Wuhan Virus" then you're wrong. There's not much to say about it. We didn't call Mad Cow Disease "the British Sickness", and we don't call smallpox "the Europe Virus". Just call it COVID-19, and be done with it.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:46 pm

I hope the exhibit is allowed to continue. The CCP should not be able to dictate to free countries like this.

I don't agree with people cheering on bloodthirsty lunatics, be they communist or not. Fuck both Hitler and Stalin.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:48 pm

I don't call it the Wuhan Virus; I just say Covid or "the virus."
Albrenia wrote:I hope the exhibit is allowed to continue. The CCP should not be able to dictate to free countries like this.

I don't agree with people cheering on bloodthirsty lunatics, be they communist or not. Fuck both Hitler and Stalin.

This.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General