NATION

PASSWORD

Has「Justified」Political Violence Existed?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:19 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:I disagree with this, consequences do not inherently make an act moral or immoral.

You're just really uncomfortable with the implication that no act can be judged moral or immoral ahead of the act itself, ie while planning it, and the inference that it is impossible to act morally.

Welcome to my world. All acts carry the risk of being immoral.

No, I don't think consequences are relevant to whether an act is moral, only the intentions of the person involved.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:22 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
You're just really uncomfortable with the implication that no act can be judged moral or immoral ahead of the act itself, ie while planning it, and the inference that it is impossible to act morally.

Welcome to my world. All acts carry the risk of being immoral.

No, I don't think consequences are relevant to whether an act is moral, only the intentions of the person involved.

To go even further, morality (good and bad) is not a descriptor of actions but of the people who carry them out. One must be careful not to apply adjectives to verbs.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Stylan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Stylan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:23 am

Yes
[align=center]Christian.

Previous

Return to General