NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XX: A Journal of the Plague Year

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:15 pm

Farnhamia wrote:The MAGA Times draw to a close and with them, this thread. How about noon on Wednesday, more or less?

how about daybreak?

new day, no more trumpery, and at long last, i can concentrate on writing and worldbuilding and conlanging and being fully healthy and i'm really looking forward to it

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:21 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Chan Island wrote:
'Twas a meme post.

*summons Guards* Take him away.

Farn, did you check for imposter guards? :eek:
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015

Postby Rusozak » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Not sorry to see you go, MAGA. May you go down in history as one of the most ironic names, next to "The Unsinkable Ship" and the "Thousand Year Reich".
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:16 pm

New haven america wrote:
Chan Island wrote:
POV: You are on NSG looking at the good ending.

What good ending?

We're just gonna have another malicious Rep pop up in 4-8 years and erase any and all work the Dems have done to fix the bs Trump caused. As is not the current trend, The Reps ruin everything, The Dems come in a clean The Reps shit, The Reps come back again and fuck up everything, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Actually the moddems hand the country over to the reps in the name of unity, while everyone Bernie and leftward says "what the hell bro?"
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Diahon wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:The MAGA Times draw to a close and with them, this thread. How about noon on Wednesday, more or less?

how about daybreak?

new day, no more trumpery, and at long last, i can concentrate on writing and worldbuilding and conlanging and being fully healthy and i'm really looking forward to it

The world won't be a better place just because Trump is not president. I know we all have gotten used to hating him but the world was chaotic before Trump and will get more chaotic as the years go on.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:10 pm

Please. Pretty please. Trump sheds a tear every time something about him is closed.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:11 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Diahon wrote:
how about daybreak?

The world won't be a better place just because Trump is not president. I know we all have gotten used to hating him but the world was chaotic before Trump and will get more chaotic as the years go on.

Oh it will improve. You won’t have Trump spewing his poison so freely. Now he will be busy trying to replace Alex Jones.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Diahon wrote:
how about daybreak?

i suppose i'm counting my chickens, but one less authoritarian to think about -- one in charge of the global hegemon -- is always far better

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:24 pm

Out with the rabid billionaire and his cult, in with the warmongering politician who helped create the conditions that lead to his rise.

The faces always different, the rhetoric the same
But we swallow it all, and we see nothing change

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:42 pm

Cordel One wrote:Out with the rabid billionaire and his cult, in with the warmongering politician who helped create the conditions that lead to his rise.

The faces always different, the rhetoric the same
But we swallow it all, and we see nothing change

even a reversion to the mean is a respite at this point, but hopefully things change for the far better

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Trump is ousted, the Democrats gained the trifecta, demographics leaning more liberal over time, GOP infighting.

And thus ended the American Dark Age.

A new era begins.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:47 pm

Picairn wrote:Trump is ousted, the Democrats gained the trifecta, demographics leaning more liberal over time, GOP infighting.

A new era begins.

The Republicans will take control of the House in 2022 and then the presidency in 2024.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:48 pm

Valrifell wrote:The Republicans will take control of the House in 2022 and then the presidency in 2024.

Maybe 2022, but not sure about 2024.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:48 pm

Picairn wrote:Trump is ousted, the Democrats gained the trifecta, demographics leaning more liberal over time, GOP infighting.

A new era begins.

learning not to fuck it up with your time in power -- and it could very well last for a generation, especially if trump is barred from holding office again -- is key

the key to me finally relaxing for a bit, that is

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Diahon wrote:learning not to fuck it up with your time in power -- and it could very well last for a generation, especially if trump is barred from holding office again -- is key

the key to me finally relaxing for a bit, that is

Plus the demographics of America are leaning significantly more liberal. GOP voter suppression can't work forever.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Nakena wrote:
Minoa wrote:Tomorrow, Joe Biden takes over from Donald Trump as commander in chief, and with it will end the MAGAThread series. My verdict on the Trump presidency? Absolutely divisive, before it all came crashing down in the aftermath of the Capitol Hill storming.

No. He will continue to be an actor on the streets and direct his trumpian army and MAGA cohorts in many states around the US and possibly beyond. No longer bound by the limits of office he can go all out and on the rampage.

Not really. He’s been (unjustly) banned from social media basically, so he doesn’t exactly have an avenue to make any speeches or statements or whatever.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Nakena wrote:
No. He will continue to be an actor on the streets and direct his trumpian army and MAGA cohorts in many states around the US and possibly beyond. No longer bound by the limits of office he can go all out and on the rampage.

Not really. He’s been (unjustly) banned from social media basically, so he doesn’t exactly have an avenue to make any speeches or statements or whatever.

stopping a person from committing arson is not unjust
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:59 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Nakena wrote:

He has several avenues to make speeches or whatever. If he holds rallies, it will get coverage. If he wants to do a conventional media tour with interviews, he will get them. If he wants to run through surrogates, he can.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Nakena wrote:

I mean he's a rich ass dude. Not hard for him to set up a website or even his own social media company.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:16 pm

I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Nakena wrote:

He couldn't help himself and kept fanning the flames during a riot. They had to ban him.
Last edited by Borderlands of Rojava on Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:29 pm

A new era begins.

You know, it didn't go so well last time people started saying "end of history" sort of things.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Western Theram
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2020

Postby Western Theram » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 pm

can't wait to reread all these posts one day and remember how awful this presidency has been
All policies are canon, stats only selectively
Acid-Communism |This nation does represent my views (is also a parody of them) Certified Rat Girl
☆ Proudhonian economics, Post-Modern tech, Anarchist paramilitaries, and Human test subjects for science ☣️
news:Gang of goblins charged with racketeering after gang war was interrupted.|Free Ravensburg coins the name of our animal: the Jackaroo

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Pretty sure even post presidency Trump could call most news stations and get an interview, on the record statement, or whatever else he wants. It's not like news crews won't show up because he is banned on twitter, Trump says something controversial will still drive TV viewership and online clicks to the article.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Nakena wrote:Just to all those who cheer the impending end of this thread (which is really redundant since we already have an US thread) and the banning of Trump from Twitter and the end of his desastrous Presidency etc. This is my last post in this thread:

The historical situation, conditions and environment that brought Trump into existence as political figure and allowed for his rise to power in the USA are all the more present than they were when he came to power in 2016.

You can be cheer all you want that Jack Dorsey has freed you from the compulsive obsessive urge to check out his Twitter feed and be outraged over his blatant nonsense and bullshit and that hes out of sight for the time being.

Its a folly. He's not cause but symptom of bigger problems and crisis. As long as those causes are not addressed and keep being ignored the symptoms will persist. Trump was good in casting a spotlight upon all those things. Things a lot of people prefer to not look at, things you'd pretend that dont exist. Trump brought them to the light. And thats what you hated him for.

But he was, in a way, (initially at least) necessary to reveal all those things and expose the true state of things and rub it into your face.

This exactly.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General