NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XX: A Journal of the Plague Year

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31063
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.


What? Donald Trump using his authority to be petty, childish, and silence dissenters within his administration? That's so uncharacteristic of him!
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11946
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:25 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
I firmly agree. I still think even without Covid Trump is a dangerous idiot who should never have been put in the most powerful seat in the world, but I can't deny he was going to win without Covid, and would have bodied Biden utterly had Covid happened and he responded competently.


The problem is that Donald Trump was never going to respond to COVID competently, if he did he would basically be an entirely different president than what we've grown accustomed to over the past three years.


I feel that is an accurate assessment, but the key word is was.

Hindsight is 20/20 (no pun intended). A pandemic of this magnitude is a rare event which thereby limits any advance political predictability, even with Trump. This aspect has made the entire event even more frightening in retrospect.
Biden 2020 - Hope for America
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11946
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.


Fraudulent election claims, serial firings, ill advised troop reductions, searches for attack options on Iran. He's a madman. Senate Majority Leader McConnell, its time to 25th him out.
Biden 2020 - Hope for America
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108986
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.


Fraudulent election claims, serial firings, ill advised troop reductions, searches for attack options on Iran. He's a madman. Senate Majority Leader McConnell, its time to 25th him out.

The Senate has no power here. Section 4 of the amendment reads, "Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

Like Mike Pence and the collection of grifters and sycophants Trump calls his Cabinet are going to do that.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11946
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:33 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Fraudulent election claims, serial firings, ill advised troop reductions, searches for attack options on Iran. He's a madman. Senate Majority Leader McConnell, its time to 25th him out.

The Senate has no power here. Section 4 of the amendment reads, "Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

Like Mike Pence and the collection of grifters and sycophants Trump calls his Cabinet are going to do that.


This isn't news to me. Please.

What we need is some leadership right now on the GOP side. Pence does not offer leadership skills. McConnell could make his argument and be heard out by Pence and the cabinet.
Biden 2020 - Hope for America
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108986
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:The Senate has no power here. Section 4 of the amendment reads, "Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

Like Mike Pence and the collection of grifters and sycophants Trump calls his Cabinet are going to do that.


This isn't news to me. Please.

What we need is some leadership right now on the GOP side. Pence does not offer leadership skills. McConnell could make his argument and be heard out by Pence and the cabinet.

Dude, seriously?
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7389
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.

I'm shocked. Shocked!
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11946
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
This isn't news to me. Please.

What we need is some leadership right now on the GOP side. Pence does not offer leadership skills. McConnell could make his argument and be heard out by Pence and the cabinet.

Dude, seriously?


Barry Goldwater wasn't in position to take out Nixon either, but he went to the plate. Do you see anybody else with the clout of McConnel? Getting serious is what this is about. It can eventually reach a point of dead seriousness. Why wait until then? McConnell should start making some noises, even if it's only in private. And maybe, just maybe he already has begun. I sure as Hell hope anyway.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden 2020 - Hope for America
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108986
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Dude, seriously?


Barry Goldwater wasn't in position to take out Nixon either, but he went to the plate. Do you see anybody else with the clout of McConnel? Getting serious is what this is about. It can eventually reach a point of dead seriousness. Why wait until then? McConnell should start making some noises, even if it's only in private. And maybe, just maybe he already has begun. I sure as Hell hope anyway.

In Goldwater's day you could say "liberal Republican" without people laughing at you. Thanks to Reagan and Newt - and Goldwater, too, really - that ain't true anymore.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11946
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Barry Goldwater wasn't in position to take out Nixon either, but he went to the plate. Do you see anybody else with the clout of McConnel? Getting serious is what this is about. It can eventually reach a point of dead seriousness. Why wait until then? McConnell should start making some noises, even if it's only in private. And maybe, just maybe he already has begun. I sure as Hell hope anyway.

In Goldwater's day you could say "liberal Republican" without people laughing at you. Thanks to Reagan and Newt - and Goldwater, too, really - that ain't true anymore.


So what? See here. Looking back all you do is look away. There aren't any other decent options right now. McConnell can't be fired by Trump, plus he was just reelected. He's the one person in DC with the juice. McConnell should at least scare the bully with a stern conversation, which would best be done privately.
Biden 2020 - Hope for America
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108986
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:59 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:In Goldwater's day you could say "liberal Republican" without people laughing at you. Thanks to Reagan and Newt - and Goldwater, too, really - that ain't true anymore.


So what? See here. Looking back all you do is look away. There aren't any other decent options right now. McConnell can't be fired by Trump, plus he was just reelected. He's the one person in DC with the juice. McConnell should at least scare the bully with a stern conversation, which would best be done privately.

Jerzy, he doesn't care. Trump signed everything he wanted, appointed all those conservative judges, McConnell is as happy as a clam.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11946
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
So what? See here. Looking back all you do is look away. There aren't any other decent options right now. McConnell can't be fired by Trump, plus he was just reelected. He's the one person in DC with the juice. McConnell should at least scare the bully with a stern conversation, which would best be done privately.

Jerzy, he doesn't care. Trump signed everything he wanted, appointed all those conservative judges, McConnell is as happy as a clam.


You're still looking backwards. McConnell is not happy right now, that's what I am hearing.

But.. whatever, Farn. With all due respect. you do you and I'll do me. McConnell is the only one left in this arena with the skill set.
Biden 2020 - Hope for America
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11946
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:12 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.

I'm shocked. Shocked!


Trump is still playing shock the monkey with all of us. All of us, except Claude Rains. :lol:
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden 2020 - Hope for America
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Rusozak
Senator
 
Posts: 3985
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.


If I was in Trump's cabinet I'd make a game of how quickly I can get fired. You're gonna be out of a job soon anyways, why go down as one of Trump's bunker buddies that stuck by until the end?
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108986
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:31 pm

Rusozak wrote:
Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.


If I was in Trump's cabinet I'd make a game of how quickly I can get fired. You're gonna be out of a job soon anyways, why go down as one of Trump's bunker buddies that stuck by until the end?

That might have been amusing in 2017.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36689
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:41 pm

Rusozak wrote:
Albrenia wrote:So Trump just fired the DHS guy that said the elections were fair and secure.

Wow, I wonder if anyone saw that coming, lol.


If I was in Trump's cabinet I'd make a game of how quickly I can get fired. You're gonna be out of a job soon anyways, why go down as one of Trump's bunker buddies that stuck by until the end?

Powerful jobs, no job security.
Sex is great. But have you tried data visualizations of partisan spatial segregation?
The National Debt is not debt, but merely the sum total, to the penny, of every untaxed dollar in existence since the start of the nation.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Closing Arguments in the Trial of Derek Chauvin
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”
the white man still cries when you cut down the lynching trees

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44617
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:41 pm

Kowani wrote:
Rusozak wrote:
If I was in Trump's cabinet I'd make a game of how quickly I can get fired. You're gonna be out of a job soon anyways, why go down as one of Trump's bunker buddies that stuck by until the end?

Powerful jobs, no job security.


There is still job security? :blink:
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Ranoria
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19094
Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ranoria » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Eukaryotic Cells wrote:The shit Trump says is more harmful than anything. He's single-handedly responsible for the partisanization of things like masks. He says things like "the reason our cases are going up is because we're testing" and "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!".

He utters insane nonsense and the base follows him off a cliff. In terms of how he's handled the crisis, he's spun responsibility off to the governors. Your governor is the decision maker here; Trump's up in the peanut gallery.

The only area where the Feds have played a really active role is in supporting vaccine development.

So the COVID is raging because some people aren't wearing masks but the flu is down because everyone is?

Sus.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
"Courage is knowing what not to fear." -Plato
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
NSCF XX, XXII Champs

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108986
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:11 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Eukaryotic Cells wrote:The shit Trump says is more harmful than anything. He's single-handedly responsible for the partisanization of things like masks. He says things like "the reason our cases are going up is because we're testing" and "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!".

He utters insane nonsense and the base follows him off a cliff. In terms of how he's handled the crisis, he's spun responsibility off to the governors. Your governor is the decision maker here; Trump's up in the peanut gallery.

The only area where the Feds have played a really active role is in supporting vaccine development.

So the COVID is raging because some people aren't wearing masks but the flu is down because everyone is?

Sus.

Masks prevent me from spreading corona to you. Masks prevent both of us from catching the flu from random other people. Did you get a flu shot yet? You should.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7389
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Eukaryotic Cells wrote:The shit Trump says is more harmful than anything. He's single-handedly responsible for the partisanization of things like masks. He says things like "the reason our cases are going up is because we're testing" and "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!".

He utters insane nonsense and the base follows him off a cliff. In terms of how he's handled the crisis, he's spun responsibility off to the governors. Your governor is the decision maker here; Trump's up in the peanut gallery.

The only area where the Feds have played a really active role is in supporting vaccine development.

So the COVID is raging because some people aren't wearing masks but the flu is down because everyone is?

Sus.

if - hypothetically - 50% of people wear masks, that's like 49.8% more masks than normal. So, if masks are effective at all, the flu will be down from it's normal numbers.

But 50% (or whatever the actual number is) will not be effective enough to completely stop coronavirus, just as it is not enough to completely stop the flu.

This is really obvious when you think about it.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Omniabstracta
Diplomat
 
Posts: 812
Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Omniabstracta » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:25 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Ranoria wrote:So the COVID is raging because some people aren't wearing masks but the flu is down because everyone is?

Sus.

if - hypothetically - 50% of people wear masks, that's like 49.8% more masks than normal. So, if masks are effective at all, the flu will be down from it's normal numbers.

But 50% (or whatever the actual number is) will not be effective enough to completely stop coronavirus, just as it is not enough to completely stop the flu.

This is really obvious when you think about it.

Especially because the flu is evidently less transmissible than covid to begin with, so flu numbers will react more positively to even lower levels of mask wearing than covid numbers will.
Last edited by Omniabstracta on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was golden, purple, violet, gray and blue. It lighted every peak, crevasse and ridge of the nearby mountain range with a clarity and beauty that cannot be described but must be seen to be imagined. It was that beauty that the great poets dream about but describe most poorly and inadequately..."

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14114
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:In Goldwater's day you could say "liberal Republican" without people laughing at you. Thanks to Reagan and Newt - and Goldwater, too, really - that ain't true anymore.


So what? See here. Looking back all you do is look away. There aren't any other decent options right now. McConnell can't be fired by Trump, plus he was just reelected. He's the one person in DC with the juice. McConnell should at least scare the bully with a stern conversation, which would best be done privately.


Privately the first time.
"You say you agree now, mr. President, but this the Swamp. There's no such thing as private, y'know."
And show him the camera.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Ranoria
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19094
Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ranoria » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:59 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:So the COVID is raging because some people aren't wearing masks but the flu is down because everyone is?

Sus.

Masks prevent me from spreading corona to you. Masks prevent both of us from catching the flu from random other people. Did you get a flu shot yet? You should.

Always get my flu shot, yup.

Neanderthaland wrote:
Ranoria wrote:So the COVID is raging because some people aren't wearing masks but the flu is down because everyone is?

Sus.

if - hypothetically - 50% of people wear masks, that's like 49.8% more masks than normal. So, if masks are effective at all, the flu will be down from it's normal numbers.

But 50% (or whatever the actual number is) will not be effective enough to completely stop coronavirus, just as it is not enough to completely stop the flu.

This is really obvious when you think about it.

Flu is down 95%. I'm not so much trying to push the "a ton of COVID cases are the flu" (because while possible that seems dumb) as I am pointing out the contradiction.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
"Courage is knowing what not to fear." -Plato
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
NSCF XX, XXII Champs

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7389
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:05 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Masks prevent me from spreading corona to you. Masks prevent both of us from catching the flu from random other people. Did you get a flu shot yet? You should.

Always get my flu shot, yup.

Neanderthaland wrote:if - hypothetically - 50% of people wear masks, that's like 49.8% more masks than normal. So, if masks are effective at all, the flu will be down from it's normal numbers.

But 50% (or whatever the actual number is) will not be effective enough to completely stop coronavirus, just as it is not enough to completely stop the flu.

This is really obvious when you think about it.

Flu is down 95%. I'm not so much trying to push the "a ton of COVID cases are the flu" (because while possible that seems dumb) as I am pointing out the contradiction.

Coronavirus is better at spreading than flu.

Also:
https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... e-numbers/
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34765
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:55 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Kowani wrote:Powerful jobs, no job security.


There is still job security? :blink:

Job security is a myth boomers made up.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alcala-Cordel, Austreylia, Blanjiland, Drew Durrnil, Enormous Gentiles, Esalia, Eshialand, Ethel mermania, Galloism, Greater Cesnica, Grinning Dragon, Kalosians, Kowani, Myrensis, Rathalas, Roegerland, Saiwania, San Lumen, Shrillland, Solarampa, Stoat in a Coat, Sungoldy-China, The Huskar Social Union, Unstoppable Empire of Doom, Vilhelumea, West Balkan Union, Yasuragi

Advertisement

Remove ads