NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XX: A Journal of the Plague Year

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Tomorrow, Joe Biden takes over from Donald Trump as commander in chief, and with it will end the MAGAThread series. My verdict on the Trump presidency? Absolutely divisive, before it all came crashing down in the aftermath of the Capitol Hill storming.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:13 pm

Minoa wrote:Tomorrow, Joe Biden takes over from Donald Trump as commander in chief, and with it will end the MAGAThread series. My verdict on the Trump presidency? Absolutely divisive, before it all came crashing down in the aftermath of the Capitol Hill storming.

No. He will continue to be an actor on the streets and direct his trumpian army and MAGA cohorts in many states around the US and possibly beyond. No longer bound by the limits of office he can go all out and on the rampage.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Nakena wrote:
Minoa wrote:Tomorrow, Joe Biden takes over from Donald Trump as commander in chief, and with it will end the MAGAThread series. My verdict on the Trump presidency? Absolutely divisive, before it all came crashing down in the aftermath of the Capitol Hill storming.

No. He will continue to be an actor on the streets and direct his trumpian army and MAGA cohorts in many states around the US and possibly beyond. No longer bound by the limits of office he can go all out and on the rampage.

Once out of office he'll also lose the gravity of the office or the ability to do anything BUT complain. Tarnished as the thing he hates the most, being a loser, his relevance will slowly start to circle the bowl. Especially true if some of the chickens come home to roost regarding the shit he's done.

When he has to start footing the bill his hugfests won't be as much of a thing and if the Party starts to turn away to save themselves in the next election he'll just be a has been.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 pm

The MAGA Times draw to a close and with them, this thread. How about noon on Wednesday, more or less?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:The MAGA Times draw to a close and with them, this thread. How about noon on Wednesday, more or less?

Satisfying.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:32 pm

Farnhamia wrote:The MAGA Times draw to a close and with them, this thread. How about noon on Wednesday, more or less?

As if.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Nakena wrote:

It will be harder without Twitter, Facebook et al. It will depend on the ability of the likes of Parler and Gab to survive with hosts under increasing pressure to deny service to the extreme right, something that is very controversial due to lack of agreement on how to tackle it without causing collateral damage to legitimate uses of free speech.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:42 pm

Minoa wrote:
Nakena wrote:

It will be harder without Twitter, Facebook et al. It will depend on the ability of the likes of Parler and Gab to survive with hosts under increasing pressure to deny service to the extreme right, something that is very controversial due to lack of agreement on how to tackle it without causing collateral damage to legitimate uses of free speech.

For the record Parler is now being hosted by Russian friends of Hamas.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Minoa wrote:It will be harder without Twitter, Facebook et al. It will depend on the ability of the likes of Parler and Gab to survive with hosts under increasing pressure to deny service to the extreme right, something that is very controversial due to lack of agreement on how to tackle it without causing collateral damage to legitimate uses of free speech.

For the record Parler is now being hosted by Russian friends of Hamas.

Russian Friends of Hamas sounds like an edgy 80s political punk band.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:For the record Parler is now being hosted by Russian friends of Hamas.

Russian Friends of Hamas sounds like an edgy 80s political punk band.

They lip-synced songs in live performances just to keep the Kremlin happy. 8)
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:16 pm

Minoa wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Theres always a way to stay somehow in touch online in one way or another and communicate to his followers.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Bless this post.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

Bless this post.

I doubt Trump will cease political activity on noon wednesday.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Bless this post.

Dominoes Nabiscos
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Nakena wrote:
Bless this post.

I doubt Trump will cease political activity on noon wednesday.

MAGA certainly won't. Now Trump's activities will be of interest especially to NY State process servers and who know who else. We might need a thread for that.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Just to all those who cheer the impending end of this thread (which is really redundant since we already have an US thread) and the banning of Trump from Twitter and the end of his desastrous Presidency etc. This is my last post in this thread:

The historical situation, conditions and environment that brought Trump into existence as political figure and allowed for his rise to power in the USA are all the more present than they were when he came to power in 2016.

You can be cheer all you want that Jack Dorsey has freed you from the compulsive obsessive urge to check out his Twitter feed and be outraged over his blatant nonsense and bullshit and that hes out of sight for the time being.

Its a folly. He's not cause but symptom of bigger problems and crisis. As long as those causes are not addressed and keep being ignored the symptoms will persist. Trump was good in casting a spotlight upon all those things. Things a lot of people prefer to not look at, things you'd pretend that dont exist. Trump brought them to the light. And thats what you hated him for.

But he was, in a way, (initially at least) necessary to reveal all those things and expose the true state of things and rub it into your face.
Last edited by Nakena on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Bless this post.

Dominoes Nabiscos

Et cum spiritu tuo.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:34 pm

Nakena wrote:Just to all those who cheer the impending end of this thread (which is really redundant since we already have an US thread) and the banning of Trump from Twitter and the end of his desastrous Presidency etc. This is my last post in this thread:

The historical situation, conditions and environment that brought Trump into existence as political figure and allowed for his rise to power in the USA are all the more present than they were when he came to power in 2016.

You can be cheer all you want that Jack Dorsey has freed you from the compulsive obsessive urge to check out his Twitter feed and be outraged over his blatant nonsense and bullshit and that hes out of sight for the time being.

Its a folly. He's not cause but symptom of bigger problems and crisis. As long as those causes are not addressed and keep being ignored the symptoms will persist. Trump was good in casting a spotlight upon all those things. Things a lot of people prefer to not look at, things you'd pretend that dont exist. Trump brought them to the light. And thats what you hated him for.

But he was, in a way, (initially at least) necessary to reveal all those things and expose the true state of things and rub it into your face.

Best way to unite a people, is to have a common enemy.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:35 pm

Nakena wrote:Just to all those who cheer the impending end of this thread (which is really redundant since we already have an US thread) and the banning of Trump from Twitter and the end of his desastrous Presidency etc. This is my last post in this thread:

No he wasn't.

Most rational people already learned this lesson under Dubya or during the Reps. stranglehold over the Senate.
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:36 pm

POV: You are on NSG looking at the good ending.
Last edited by Chan Island on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm

Chan Island wrote:

Huh?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:38 pm

Chan Island wrote:

What good ending?

We're just gonna have another malicious Rep pop up in 4-8 years and erase any and all work the Dems have done to fix the bs Trump caused. As is not the current trend, The Reps ruin everything, The Dems come in a clean The Reps shit, The Reps come back again and fuck up everything, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Chan Island wrote:

Huh?

'Twas a meme post.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:40 pm

Chan Island wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Huh?

'Twas a meme post.

*summons Guards* Take him away.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:02 pm

I'm looking forward to it.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General