NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XX: A Journal of the Plague Year

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Des-Bal wrote:So violence occured quicker and was more accepted. Sure disproves that "escalation thing."

Well, and there’s a lot of excuses in there for violence committed, and the claim that the violence wasn’t broadly supported by people inside CHAZ and therefore it’s not really the same.

This may even be true, but it’s also true in the DC protests. Right wing protestors have been protesting in DC for weeks (mostly peaceful, to borrow a funny turn of phrase now), and this riot was much smaller than many of the larger protests over the last few weeks.

It’s also well known that many people vocally disavow the violence on the right while excusing it, not unlike the left. You can see politicians like Cruz, who, let’s face it, is one of the people most vocal on this stupid “stop the steal” nonsense, immediately distance himself and disavow the violence.

This is to a large degree a matter of subject framing, but not entirely. DC marks an escalation of the pattern of violence.

While you are correct the Seattle violence occurred faster and was more excused, I don’t think that’s the greatest part here.

It’s a zoom level:

If you go onto Google earth and look at Atlanta airport, you will find an airplane is in mid-takeoff. If you zoom in close enough, you can see just that airplane and declare “see, the airplane is taking off”.

Zoom out a bit, and you see most airplanes are parked. So you can say “see, airplanes are mostly parked.”

Neither is wrong exactly, but by reframing the context in an uneven way, you can excuse one side while vilifying the other.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:So violence occured quicker and was more accepted. Sure disproves that "escalation thing."

Wow.

Well like I said, everyone has now figured out that violence works.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:39 pm

And yet one side is more willing to resort to violence than the other.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:41 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Which? Because I’m not sure now. It was the left for most of the year, but the right massively raised the stakes with this Capitol Building business.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Galloism wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Which? Because I’m not sure now. It was the left for most of the year, but the right massively raised the stakes with this Capitol Building business.

The FBI stats don't lie. The right wing kills alot more people than the left.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:49 pm

Galloism wrote:

Well, and there’s a lot of excuses in there for violence committed, and the claim that the violence wasn’t broadly supported by people inside CHAZ and therefore it’s not really the same.

This may even be true, but it’s also true in the DC protests. Right wing protestors have been protesting in DC for weeks (mostly peaceful, to borrow a funny turn of phrase now), and this riot was much smaller than many of the larger protests over the last few weeks.

It’s also well known that many people vocally disavow the violence on the right while excusing it, not unlike the left. You can see politicians like Cruz, who, let’s face it, is one of the people most vocal on this stupid “stop the steal” nonsense, immediately distance himself and disavow the violence.

This is to a large degree a matter of subject framing, but not entirely. DC marks an escalation of the pattern of violence.

While you are correct the Seattle violence occurred faster and was more excused, I don’t think that’s the greatest part here.

It’s a zoom level:

If you go onto Google earth and look at Atlanta airport, you will find an airplane is in mid-takeoff. If you zoom in close enough, you can see just that airplane and declare “see, the airplane is taking off”.

Zoom out a bit, and you see most airplanes are parked. So you can say “see, airplanes are mostly parked.”

Neither is wrong exactly, but by reframing the context in an uneven way, you can excuse one side while vilifying the other.

The DC riots were an escalation of racist fueled violence over centuries, the violence in such a smaller scale that the comparison is laughable also immediately dissolved the otherwise peaceful demonstration at Capitol Hill, ironically with more violence.

You're right, it's a matter of framing. Framing them as the same is disingenuous and ignores centuries of context in order to do a strained 'both sides' argument and continue a centuries long pattern of marginalizing the efforts to address issues of race in this country.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:The DC riots were an escalation of racist fueled violence over centuries, the violence in such a smaller scale that the comparison is laughable also immediately dissolved the otherwise peaceful demonstration at Capitol Hill, ironically with more violence.

Yeah, they finally tackled the open sedition after one of the border guards murdered a couple black kids and then apologized to the (temporary) survivor for running out of ammunition.

Thankfully they had worn them down over time and the dispersal didn’t lead to more death.

You're right, it's a matter of framing. Framing them as the same is disingenuous and ignores centuries of context in order to do a strained 'both sides' argument and continue a centuries long pattern of marginalizing the efforts to address issues of race in this country.

I mean, that’s not my point, I actually have a broader and more important point about the efficacy of political violence, but I guess if we can’t address that we’ve got some rocky years ahead.

Maybe I’ll move to a more stable country before shit gets real.
Last edited by Galloism on Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Galloism wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The DC riots were an escalation of racist fueled violence over centuries, the violence in such a smaller scale that the comparison is laughable also immediately dissolved the otherwise peaceful demonstration at Capitol Hill, ironically with more violence.

Yeah, they finally tackled the open sedition after one of the border guards murdered a couple black kids and then apologized to the (temporary) survivor for running out of ammunition.

Thankfully they had worn them down over time and the dispersal didn’t lead to more death.

I mean, that’s not my point, I actually have a broader and more important point about the efficacy of political violence, but I guess if we can’t address that we’ve got some rocky years ahead.

The cold hard uncomfortable truth is that the DC riots have way more in common with the Tulsa massacre in 1921 than some hippies not being able to contain a loosely organized section during a time of tension while having a sit in. If we don't address that, if we instead twist ourselves into a 'both sides' pretzel where we tell someone with a knee on their neck that we won't get off unless the use some unknown magic words, we are indeed in for a few rocky years and running away from the problem you contributed to won't solve it.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Galloism wrote:

The cold hard uncomfortable truth is that the DC riots have way more in common with the Tulsa massacre in 1921 than some hippies not being able to contain a loosely organized section during a time of tension while having a sit in. If we don't address that, if we instead twist ourselves into a 'both sides' pretzel where we tell someone with a knee on their neck that we won't get off unless the use some unknown magic words, we are indeed in for a few rocky years and running away from the problem you contributed to won't solve it.

I mean, I’ll admit I contributed to it. I made excuses while people were burned to death, cities burned, police were executed in their cars, children were killed in the street, riots and looting decimated our small businesses, independence was declared, and our institutions largely ran away from the problem.

It was because protests weren’t working I said. It’s the only way to get the government’s attention I said. Peaceful protest failed I said.

Well, the right wing listened to me (and people like me) even though I wasn’t talking about trying to violently overturn an election.

And here we are.

You’re right though - I can’t run away from the problem I had a part in creating. It’s time for the violence to end, regardless of cause. We can’t have politics consisting of who can scare enough people with violence to win the levers of power.
Last edited by Galloism on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Galloism wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The cold hard uncomfortable truth is that the DC riots have way more in common with the Tulsa massacre in 1921 than some hippies not being able to contain a loosely organized section during a time of tension while having a sit in. If we don't address that, if we instead twist ourselves into a 'both sides' pretzel where we tell someone with a knee on their neck that we won't get off unless the use some unknown magic words, we are indeed in for a few rocky years and running away from the problem you contributed to won't solve it.

I mean, I’ll admit I contributed to it. I made excuses while people were burned to death, cities burned, police were executed in their cars, children were killed in the street, riots and looting decimated our small business, independence was declared, and our institutions largely ran away from the problem.

It was because protests weren’t working I said. It’s the only way to get the government’s attention I said. Peaceful protest failed I said.

Well, the right wing listened to me (and people like me) even though I wasn’t talking about trying to violently overturn an election.

And here we are.

You’re right though - I can’t run away from the problem I had a part in creating. It’s time for the violence to end, regardless of cause. We can’t have politics consisting of who can scare enough people with violence to win the levers of power.

What disengenious bullshit. In your overreach you've made a tennious connection between a single digit actors in CHOP that resulted in the people who were otherwise giving lectures, distributing healthcare and food, and creating art that resulted in 30 arrests and a return to rubber bullets and tear gas.

Meanwhile, within the same administration years rightwing militia men aimed guns at police trying to enforce public land rules and later took over a government building where they were waited out and then faced no consequences. That is what lead to the Capitol Riots, that is your progression and the fact that the responses to the two events are so disproportionate continues the divide, the fact that we are going to sit here and make the oppressed apologize to the oppressors before we'll consider the conversation is distasteful, more so to watch someone paint themselves noble in the process of continuing this pattern of violence against the citizens.

The truth is CHOP and its supporters denounced the violence as it happened and people who threatened police and took over government buildings with right wing ideals and white skin faced no consequences. That is the pattern you're contributing to.

Kexholm Karelia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kexholm Karelia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Galloism wrote:I mean, I’ll admit I contributed to it. I made excuses while people were burned to death, cities burned, police were executed in their cars, children were killed in the street, riots and looting decimated our small business, independence was declared, and our institutions largely ran away from the problem.

And here we are.

What disengenious bullshit. In your overreach you've made a tennious connection between a single digit actors in CHOP that resulted in the people who were otherwise giving lectures, distributing healthcare and food, and creating art that resulted in 30 arrests and a return to rubber bullets and tear gas.

Meanwhile, within the same administration years rightwing militia men aimed guns at police trying to enforce public land rules and later took over a government building where they were waited out and then faced no consequences. That is what lead to the Capitol Riots, that is your progression and the fact that the responses to the two events are so disproportionate continues the divide, the fact that we are going to sit here and make the oppressed apologize to the oppressors before we'll consider the conversation is distasteful, more so to watch someone paint themselves noble in the process of continuing this pattern of violence against the citizens.

The truth is CHOP and its supporters denounced the violence as it happened and people who threatened police and took over government buildings with right wing ideals and white skin faced no consequences. That is the pattern you're contributing to.

The rioters are being tracked down and arrested,
Right wing conservative
Media is the enemy of the people
CCP delenda est
orange man bad. diversity is our strength. real communism hasn’t been tried yet. the hong kong protestors are paid by the cia. antifa protestors are good, hong kong protestors are american bootlickers. China is a better alternative to America. uyghur genocide isn’t real, and it is western propaganda. Trump should not have killed Soleimani. gender is a social construct invented by white supremacists.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:What disengenious bullshit. In your overreach you've made a tennious connection between a single digit actors in CHOP that resulted in the people who were otherwise giving lectures, distributing healthcare and food, and creating art that resulted in 30 arrests and a return to rubber bullets and tear gas.

The rioters are being tracked down and arrested,

This time. Meanwhile, literally as it happens, the Iowa man who was one of many people over the summer to drive his car into crowds of protesters won't be going to jail.
A white man who deliberately sped his car through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City, striking several, will avoid prison and have the incident erased from his record if he stays out of trouble for three years.

The Bundy standoff directly emboldened militias, the exact kind that raided the Capitol Building.
Energized by their success, Bundy’s supporters are already talking about where else they can exercise armed defiance. They include groups deeply suspicious of what they see as a bloated, over-reaching government they fear wants to restrict their constitutional right to bear arms.

Alex Jones, a radio host and anti-government conspiracy theorist whose popular right-wing website, Infowars, helped popularize Bundy’s dispute, called it a watershed moment.

“Americans showed up with guns and said, ‘No, you’re not,” before confronting the armed BLM agents, Jones said in a telephone interview. “And they said, ‘Shoot us.’ And they did not. That’s epic. And it’s going to happen more.”

Militia experts interviewed by Reuters said they could not think of another example in recent decades where different militia groups had banded together to offer armed resistance to thwart a law enforcement operation.

In the days since the showdown, right-wing websites have begun searching for other Bundys. Several conservative and survivalist blogs have seized on the case of Tommy Henderson, a rancher on the Texas-Oklahoma border who they say is fighting BLM attempts to seize some of his land.

Someone shooting two people disolves an entire otherwise peaceful experiment, but another right wing white kid guns down protesters and becomes a right wing hero with other right wing racist groups scurry to his defense, even getting together to pay for it and turn him into a folk hero.

Sing me another song about how CHOP led to the Capitol Riots and it's the left that needs to look inside.

No, this is a pattern of marginalizing voices that has excused institutional violence against minorities since the founding of this country and anyone acting enlightened while contributing to it should be ashamed of themselves.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:02 pm

Thank you to CTOAN for doing the effortposts I could not bring myself to, it still feels weird to talk about CHAZ/CHOP tbh but I appreciate someone doing it justice

Galloism wrote:

Yes, shocker, people can make qualitative distinctions between different types of violence. A pitched conventional battle is not a riot is not a zone of state absence is not a premeditated coup d'etat. Well done on identifying this concept, now if only you'd read rest of the stuff CTOAN actually wrote...

Given that Cruz was one of the people who might've been the target of the mob, rather than an actor within the mob, I don't know why this analogy is being deployed

Galloism wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The cold hard uncomfortable truth is that the DC riots have way more in common with the Tulsa massacre in 1921 than some hippies not being able to contain a loosely organized section during a time of tension while having a sit in. If we don't address that, if we instead twist ourselves into a 'both sides' pretzel where we tell someone with a knee on their neck that we won't get off unless the use some unknown magic words, we are indeed in for a few rocky years and running away from the problem you contributed to won't solve it.

I mean, I’ll admit I contributed to it. I made excuses while people were burned to death, cities burned, police were executed in their cars, children were killed in the street, riots and looting decimated our small businesses, independence was declared, and our institutions largely ran away from the problem.

And you were correct. I don't see what happened at the Capitol and what happened in Seattle or any number of other cities as part of the same trend; there are different strains of political violence in the US and while you may be able to argue they're all on the rise, your continued insistence on lumping them together as "THESE THINGS ARE THE SAME" seems like it's more about not wanting to separate them than about being unable to grasp the reasons why they should be separated.

And here we are.

Blaming people (and yourself) for something they didn't do, acknowledging that the cat is out of the bag regardless, and then wistfully proposing some vague unilateral disarmament anyways is QUITE a ride for one post.

If you can identify the problem of rising political violence, but can't ( or won't) orient yourself politically to discern between the different emergent strains, you're useless both analytically and ideologically. The stories you tell about its origins, its trend, and its comparative value won't effectively explain the past or predict the future, much less strike anyone as intellectually or emotionally compelling.
Last edited by Senkaku on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:08 am

Senkaku wrote:And you were correct. I don't see what happened at the Capitol and what happened in Seattle or any number of other cities as part of the same trend; there are different strains of political violence in the US and while you may be able to argue they're all on the rise, your continued insistence on lumping them together as "THESE THINGS ARE THE SAME" seems like it's more about not wanting to separate them than about being unable to grasp the reasons why they should be separated.

It's worth pointing out that the people who actually stormed the Capitol largely view them as the same trend. While I'm not active on Parler and can't tell you if the mindset still exists over the last month or two I noticed a growing trend among the right to point to the events of the summer as examples they should follow going forward. In the eyes of many on the right over the summer BLM and affiliated groups were able to run wild and break whatever laws they want and still get cover from the DNC and force the party to align with them on the issues. Whether that's true or not doesn't matter, it's the perception they have and at least some of them fully intend on using that formula going forward.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:55 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Senkaku wrote:And you were correct. I don't see what happened at the Capitol and what happened in Seattle or any number of other cities as part of the same trend; there are different strains of political violence in the US and while you may be able to argue they're all on the rise, your continued insistence on lumping them together as "THESE THINGS ARE THE SAME" seems like it's more about not wanting to separate them than about being unable to grasp the reasons why they should be separated.

It's worth pointing out that the people who actually stormed the Capitol largely view them as the same trend. While I'm not active on Parler and can't tell you if the mindset still exists over the last month or two I noticed a growing trend among the right to point to the events of the summer as examples they should follow going forward. In the eyes of many on the right over the summer BLM and affiliated groups were able to run wild and break whatever laws they want and still get cover from the DNC and force the party to align with them on the issues. Whether that's true or not doesn't matter, it's the perception they have and at least some of them fully intend on using that formula going forward.

Ironically the Progressives also pointed out how Repubs played dirty (obstructionism, Birther conspiracy, Tea Party movement, Merrick Garland) and won as an example for why the Democrats should also play dirty.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 am

These strains feed on each other. Many of the people in the DC riots were also at the BLM protests/riots as counter protestors (including buffalo guy, but he sticks out). It’s beyond absurd to think they learned nothing from being at these events and the coverage of these events.

There are even statements from the rioters comparing the treatment of them to BLM protests/riots. Clearly, they’re doing comparisons and feeding off the other.

This isn’t unusual. People often learn best from their opponents, and they see blm as, I dunno anarchocommunist lizard people or something, so they are opponents.

Blaming people (and yourself) for something they didn't do, acknowledging that the cat is out of the bag regardless, and then wistfully proposing some vague unilateral disarmament anyways is QUITE a ride for one post.

If you can identify the problem of rising political violence, but can't ( or won't) orient yourself politically to discern between the different emergent strains, you're useless both analytically and ideologically. The stories you tell about its origins, its trend, and its comparative value won't effectively explain the past or predict the future, much less strike anyone as intellectually or emotionally compelling.

Multilateral, not unilateral. But suffice to say, the people who stormed the capitol were in attendance at these other violent events, are making those comparisons when they do it, and therefore it’s clearly an influential factor.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:57 am

Picairn wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:

Ironically the Progressives also pointed out how Repubs played dirty (obstructionism, Birther conspiracy, Tea Party movement, Merrick Garland) and won as an example for why the Democrats should also play dirty.

Yes, people often learn the best tactics from their opponents.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:01 am

Galloism wrote:
Picairn wrote:Ironically the Progressives also pointed out how Repubs played dirty (obstructionism, Birther conspiracy, Tea Party movement, Merrick Garland) and won as an example for why the Democrats should also play dirty.

Exactly. :^) Sixteen years to the day as well!
Last edited by The Marlborough on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:05 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Galloism wrote:Yes, people often learn the best tactics from their opponents.

Exactly. :^) Fifteen years to the day as well!

Sixteen. It’s 2021.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:06 am

Galloism wrote:
Picairn wrote:Ironically the Progressives also pointed out how Repubs played dirty (obstructionism, Birther conspiracy, Tea Party movement, Merrick Garland) and won as an example for why the Democrats should also play dirty.

Sofar even that we might be seeing a new party switch ?

I mean - suddenly the democrats are all "BLUE LIVES MATTER" over the cop that was killed and "LAW AND ORDER - jail the terrorists !" about the Trumpets that stormed the Capitol - while the republicans are suddenly all "Private companies should not have the right to refuse to serve us !"

Yes, this post is not entirely serious. But it is funny.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:09 am

Galloism wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:Exactly. :^) Fifteen years to the day as well!

Sixteen. It’s 2021.

Considering how this year has been so far, I'm considering it an extension of 2020 (also insomnia is a pain and I'm very tired with only five hours of sleep).
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:12 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

I mean - suddenly the democrats are all "BLUE LIVES MATTER" over the cop that was killed and "LAW AND ORDER - jail the terrorists !" about the Trumpets that stormed the Capitol - while the republicans are suddenly all "Private companies should not have the right to refuse to serve us !"

It really is. But as they say, the best jokes have truth at their heart.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:33 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

These things happen with conservatives and liberals from time to time. When Wikileaks put out Collateral Murder all the conservatives wanted to hang Assange. When they put out the DNC emails, all the liberals wanted to hang Assange and Wikileaks was on right-wing Santa's nice list for awhile.

Leftists generally stay consistent though.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Kexholm Karelia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kexholm Karelia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:03 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

Or we could be in for another Progressive Era, this isn’t the first time it happened, in the Gilded Age, almost everyone agreed monopolies were bad and both parties ran as "progressives'
Right wing conservative
Media is the enemy of the people
CCP delenda est
orange man bad. diversity is our strength. real communism hasn’t been tried yet. the hong kong protestors are paid by the cia. antifa protestors are good, hong kong protestors are american bootlickers. China is a better alternative to America. uyghur genocide isn’t real, and it is western propaganda. Trump should not have killed Soleimani. gender is a social construct invented by white supremacists.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General