NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Shine On, Harvest Moon!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:44 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:At least the food will improve

The invasion probably began when once of TET's regulars married an Italian. This place was unknown to them before.

The bitterfly effect
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:48 am

Johto- wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Adolf Hitler Wins Election in Namibia, Has No Plans for World Domination.

The editor is totally having a bit of fun.

EDIT: Wait no... dude said it himself: "The fact I have this name does not mean I want to conquer Oshana," he said, referring to the region where he won the election, "It doesn't mean I'm striving for world domination."

I never thought I'd say it, but... damn.

Adolf Hitler seems like a cool dude.

Edit: PAHAHA. No way, man, the editor's having fun, too. "Adolf Hitler is, perhaps unsurprisingly, not a common name any more"

Hitler and such aren't bad names in africa because, or so I've heard from my time there, because people don't really learn about why hitler is a fucking asshole as much as why Cecil Rhodes was the worlds biggest dickhead
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:49 am

Johto- wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Adolf Hitler Wins Election in Namibia, Has No Plans for World Domination.

The editor is totally having a bit of fun.

EDIT: Wait no... dude said it himself: "The fact I have this name does not mean I want to conquer Oshana," he said, referring to the region where he won the election, "It doesn't mean I'm striving for world domination."

I never thought I'd say it, but... damn.

Edit: PAHAHA. No way, man, the editor's having fun, too. "Adolf Hitler is, perhaps unsurprisingly, not a common name any more"

He seems like a stand-up guy. I hope he doesn't get a lot of grief for his name.
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:50 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Johto- wrote:I never thought I'd say it, but... damn.

Hitler and such aren't bad names in africa because, or so I've heard from my time there, because people don't really learn about why hitler is a fucking asshole as much as why Cecil Rhodes was the worlds biggest dickhead

Such an afrocentric worldview from the Africans.

Shocker :lol:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:51 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:Hitler and such aren't bad names in africa because, or so I've heard from my time there, because people don't really learn about why hitler is a fucking asshole as much as why Cecil Rhodes was the worlds biggest dickhead

there's a lot to be said about Eurocentrism in European classrooms.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:54 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

there's a lot to be said about Eurocentrism in European classrooms.

I know, so it's funny to turn it around for once.

Alternamerica
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alternamerica » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:54 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Johto- wrote:I never thought I'd say it, but... damn.

That checks out. What goes on in Europe at the time wasn't as much of an impact to them as it is for Western countries involved. The same way in East Asia they're more focused on Japan than Germany.

That being said, hooray for Democratic, Pacifistic Hitler :p
What if America, but hyper progressive? Universal healthcare, Walkable cities, outdoor culture, and $1 Trillion military budget because we're the best. CIA love Teddy Roosevelt and the environment enough to torture Oil executives. Our conservatives shoot Klansmen, our liberals punch Nazis
30% IRL views, 70% joke
Anthem | Basically USA | Factbook | Trump Tweets | GOP when there's liter | George W Bush trans ally!

NEWS: European Union member states and Norway have voted "No" for America & Canada's petition to turn NATO into a free trade alliance on top of its military obligations and also extend invitation to Cuba and Mexico, members of NAFTA which also has a military pact per Trump's reform. Only Britain and Turkey voted "Yes".

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:58 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:there's a lot to be said about Eurocentrism in European classrooms.

I've learnt enough about Musso... I want all the corrupt African leaders in my textbook for once.
this is not implying all african leaders aren't corrupt, most aren't

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I've learnt enough about Musso... I want all the corrupt African leaders in my textbook for once.

Start with Mugabe.

Or if you want colonial dickheads, Leopold 2 is an interesting but gruesome choice.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:00 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:I've learnt enough about Musso... I want all the corrupt African leaders in my textbook for once.

Start with Mugabe.

Or if you want colonial dickheads, Leopold 2 is an interesting but gruesome choice.

already got those ones down pat.
Leopold was a demented person.

Johto-
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Johto- » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:01 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Idi Amin.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF JOHTO
Yes, that Johto. From the Pokémon Games.
(Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire on NS Stats! It's super effective! Opponent NS Stats fainted!)
Goldenrod News Central! - BMEN protests reach a fever pitch in Kalos, riots reported ; A study on BMEN protests and Pokémon rights organizations - A study by James F. Sycamore; Opinion: Mega Evolution is natural and does no harm 
Pokemon of the Month - Charizard

Alternamerica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alternamerica » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Idi Amin is basically Ugandan Trump. You'll have a blast reading up on him. Or Jean Bokassa, he bankrupted his country for a party
Last edited by Alternamerica on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
What if America, but hyper progressive? Universal healthcare, Walkable cities, outdoor culture, and $1 Trillion military budget because we're the best. CIA love Teddy Roosevelt and the environment enough to torture Oil executives. Our conservatives shoot Klansmen, our liberals punch Nazis
30% IRL views, 70% joke
Anthem | Basically USA | Factbook | Trump Tweets | GOP when there's liter | George W Bush trans ally!

NEWS: European Union member states and Norway have voted "No" for America & Canada's petition to turn NATO into a free trade alliance on top of its military obligations and also extend invitation to Cuba and Mexico, members of NAFTA which also has a military pact per Trump's reform. Only Britain and Turkey voted "Yes".

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:03 am

Johto- wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:I've learnt enough about Musso... I want all the corrupt African leaders in my textbook for once.

Idi Amin.

yeah but sooo generic.

Johto-
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Johto- » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:04 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Johto- wrote:Idi Amin.

yeah but sooo generic.

Emperor Bokassa I, my personal favorite.
(Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire on NS Stats! It's super effective! Opponent NS Stats fainted!)
Goldenrod News Central! - BMEN protests reach a fever pitch in Kalos, riots reported ; A study on BMEN protests and Pokémon rights organizations - A study by James F. Sycamore; Opinion: Mega Evolution is natural and does no harm 

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:06 am

I am not calling anyone out and this is not written out of spite (♥), but I love how we are kindaaa having a theme of discussion here.

First the fascist bits, and now there's another Adolf Hitler that won the election.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Alternamerica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alternamerica » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:07 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:

yeah but sooo generic.

Omar Al-Bashir from Sudan is a good one as well. He killed roughly 300,000 Black Africans in his country, funded terrorist organizations, etc. Heard of Darfur? That's him
30% IRL views, 70% joke

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:08 am

Alternamerica wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:yeah but sooo generic.

Omar Al-Bashir from Sudan is a good one as well. He killed roughly 300,000 Black Africans in his country, funded terrorist organizations, etc. Heard of Darfur? That's him

I have not heard of him. thank you, I'll read up on him.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:10 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:

yeah but sooo generic.

Does Hamad bin Muhammad bin Juma bin Rajab el Murjebi count?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:11 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:yeah but sooo generic.

Does Hamad bin Muhammad bin Juma bin Rajab el Murjebi count?

Uncle harry?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:

Start with Mugabe.

Nothing more wild then the average cultural perception of Belgium going from the most evil country to have existed to waffles when I came to America.

Johto-
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Johto- » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:20 am

Heloin wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Start with Mugabe.

Nothing more wild then the average cultural perception of Belgium going from the most evil country to have existed to waffles when I came to America.

Well, America wasn't a part of the Scramble for Africa nor was very interested in European affairs with Leopold was around.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:22 am

Johto- wrote:
Heloin wrote:Nothing more wild then the average cultural perception of Belgium going from the most evil country to have existed to waffles when I came to America.

Well, America wasn't a part of the Scramble for Africa nor was very interested in European affairs with Leopold was around.

however they, at one time, held a colony, Liberia.

North American Imperial State
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North American Imperial State » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:23 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Alternamerica wrote:

I have not heard of him. thank you, I'll read up on him.

Horrible, evil leader he was
i sometimes post on the forums, sometimes i don't, you will never know

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:25 am

North American Imperial State wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:I have not heard of him. thank you, I'll read up on him.

Horrible, evil leader he was

I've picked up on that.

North American Imperial State
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North American Imperial State » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
North American Imperial State wrote:Horrible, evil leader he was

I've picked up on that.

I thought I should swing by this place, seems good
i sometimes post on the forums, sometimes i don't, you will never know

PreviousNext