NATION

PASSWORD

Most controversial person in history

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dogmeat
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:59 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Autumn Wind wrote:
Einstein didn’t work on the atom bomb. That was Oppenheimer.

And “millions” didn’t die because of the atom bomb.

Millions did die because of the aftermath, he helped with some of the research. I still stand true.

Are you writing this from after 2077?
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:00 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Greed and Death wrote: But Heidegger's girlfriend was Jewish.

Indeed Arendt was, and that's one of the weird contradictions about Heidegger's life that scholars still discuss today.

Likely a sociopath. Protected his gf because viewed her as useful, but booted Jewish lecturers because promotion.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:00 am

Free Las Pinas wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:Millions did die because of the aftermath, he helped with some of the research. I still stand true.

I’m pretty sure the deaths were a quarter million. I’m also not sure how involved he was in the research, I think Oppenheimer’s research was simply based on Einstein’s, specifically about what destruction could come from an atomic weapon.

so, technically, it was all einstein.
from the radiation that lasted for decades onwards, I would say it would be over a million
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:01 am

Dogmeat wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:Millions did die because of the aftermath, he helped with some of the research. I still stand true.

Are you writing this from after 2077?

who said humans? Yes, I'm backtracking, but a ton of wildlife kicked the bucket, too
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Free Las Pinas wrote:I’m pretty sure the deaths were a quarter million. I’m also not sure how involved he was in the research, I think Oppenheimer’s research was simply based on Einstein’s, specifically about what destruction could come from an atomic weapon.

from the radiation that lasted for decades onwards, I would say it would be over a million

I don’t think Einstein did any such research about how to actually make an atomic bomb.

Dogmeat
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Free Las Pinas wrote:I’m pretty sure the deaths were a quarter million. I’m also not sure how involved he was in the research, I think Oppenheimer’s research was simply based on Einstein’s, specifically about what destruction could come from an atomic weapon.

Well, no. Because if Einstein is responsible for that, then the people who Einstein based is work off of are responsible for him, and it's not Einsteins fault. It ends up being the fault of Ug, who first made fire.

And no, the effects of that radiation have been intensely studied, and no estimates place the deaths over a million.
Immortal God Dog
天狗

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:Are you writing this from after 2077?

who said humans? Yes, I'm backtracking, but a ton of wildlife kicked the bucket, too

Really? You could say billions upon billions of microscopic organisms died too.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:04 am

Dogmeat wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:so, technically, it was all einstein.

Well, no. Because if Einstein is responsible for that, then the people who Einstein based is work off of are responsible for him, and it's not Einsteins fault. It ends up being the fault of Ug, who first made fire.

And no, the effects of that radiation have been intensely studied, and no estimates place the deaths over a million.

I studied them and changed them to prove my point :p

West Reveria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby West Reveria » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:04 am

Winston Churchill.
He was key to the victory of the Allied Forces, and a great war hero in Britain. On the other hand, his actions killed millions of people in British India.
West Reveria ♚
Away from the past, towards the future - Kude kude kudlulileyo, kwikamva
21 October 2020 - Wednesday
Adelania: HM The Queen to visit Ukukhumbula Memorial in Southern Cape today, marking 85 years since the Ukutsha massacre in the area. | Croix-Nord: Faction violence erupts north of Victoria mines in Croix-Nord, 8 people have been reported killed, 36 have been arrested.

Dogmeat
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:Are you writing this from after 2077?

I think on some level you know that this is not worth responding to.
Immortal God Dog
天狗

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 am

Dogmeat wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:so, technically, it was all einstein.

Ug did not make the first fire. It was Uk. Ug is like Edison, Uk is like Tesla >:(
The Blaatschapen should resign

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:06 am

Greed and Death wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Indeed Arendt was, and that's one of the weird contradictions about Heidegger's life that scholars still discuss today.

Likely a sociopath. Protected his gf because viewed her as useful, but booted Jewish lecturers because promotion.

It's actually possible. He suffered a pretty devastating nervous breakdown after the war, but the cause of it is difficult to discern. It might have just been the possibility of losing his University career, rather than any guilt he suffered from his abhorrent treatment of his Jewish colleagues, that caused his breakdown.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:07 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:Well, no. Because if Einstein is responsible for that, then the people who Einstein based is work off of are responsible for him, and it's not Einsteins fault. It ends up being the fault of Ug, who first made fire.

Ug did not make the first fire. It was Uk. Ug is like Edison, Uk is like Tesla >:(

but didn't the clouds make fire because they caused the lightning strike which caused the fire?

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 am

Autumn Wind wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:Albert Einstein.
caused the deaths of millions in his work with the Atomic Bomb.

The death toll was about 229k if I remember correctly

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:13 am

Somerania wrote:
Autumn Wind wrote:

The death toll was about 229k if I remember correctly

my philosophy says otherwise.
I wouldn't say Oppenheimer was as bad because there were a lot of other scientists working on it, too

Autumn Wind
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Autumn Wind » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:17 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Autumn Wind wrote:

Millions did die because of the aftermath, he helped with some of the research. I still stand true.

Not really. He came up with theories underlying the atomic reaction, but wasn’t a part of the Manhattan project. That’s like blaming firearm deaths on the ancient Chinese dude who invented gun powder.

And do you have a source for “millions”? I mean, even if the deaths of everyone who lived in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or worked on the Manhattan project or exposed to any other nuclear test could be attributed directly or indirectly to nuclear weapons, it might push one million. Do you have a source for more than that?
Your faith does not amuse me. Fundamentalism is a singularly unfunny disposition- A Rightist Puppet

In short, "fascist" is a modern word for "heretic," branding an individual worthy of excommunication from the body politic. The right uses otherwords ("reverse-racist," "feminazi," "unamerican," "communist") for similiar purposes, but these words have less elastic meanings. Fascism, however, is the gift that keeps on giving. - Jonah Goldberg, revisited.

Zunt
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Zunt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:18 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:Well, no. Because if Einstein is responsible for that, then the people who Einstein based is work off of are responsible for him, and it's not Einsteins fault. It ends up being the fault of Ug, who first made fire.

No, it was Ut. Ut made fire. Uk and Ug stole the credit.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 am

Autumn Wind wrote:

Not really. He came up with theories underlying the atomic reaction, but wasn’t a part of the Manhattan project. That’s like blaming firearm deaths on the ancient Chinese dude who invented gun powder.

And do you have a source for “millions”? I mean, even if the deaths of everyone who lived in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or worked on the Manhattan project or exposed to any other nuclear test could be attributed directly or indirectly to nuclear weapons, it might push one million. Do you have a source for more than that?

no.
I am not winning this argument, so please quit godpiling on me

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:20 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Somerania wrote:The death toll was about 229k if I remember correctly

my philosophy says otherwise.
I wouldn't say Oppenheimer was as bad because there were a lot of other scientists working on it, too

Your philosophy is not historically accurate and let's not forget that nuclear fission is now done in nuclear power plants to create energy and it is much safer than petroleum and coal if it is properly taken care of

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:22 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Autumn Wind wrote:

no.

We don't get chances to kick people while they are down so we will keep doing this to you

Autumn Wind
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Autumn Wind » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:22 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:no.

Sorry, I didn’t see the other responses before posting. gg.
Your faith does not amuse me. Fundamentalism is a singularly unfunny disposition- A Rightist Puppet

In short, "fascist" is a modern word for "heretic," branding an individual worthy of excommunication from the body politic. The right uses otherwords ("reverse-racist," "feminazi," "unamerican," "communist") for similiar purposes, but these words have less elastic meanings. Fascism, however, is the gift that keeps on giving. - Jonah Goldberg, revisited.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:24 am

Charles Darwin/Alfred Russel Wallace, though perhaps that is more controversial idea than person.
Everything is intertwinkled

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:25 am

Autumn Wind wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:no.

Sorry, I didn’t see the other responses before posting. gg.

I will stand by my Werner Von Braun pick, though.

Plum blossom
Civilian

Founded: Oct 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Plum blossom » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:27 am

Chuang Kai-shen,or should say-Jiang Jieshi,
I think at least belong one of the asia most controversial person.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:28 am

The Blaatschapen. Has committed countless puns that should be classified as crimes against humanity, but on the other hand, so fluffy.

More seriously, I suppose Napoleon Bonaparte, Genghis Khan and Vladimir Lenin might all qualify as potential choices.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General