NATION

PASSWORD

Balkanisation of the United States 「Yes or No?」

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Can we save the United States or should we Balkanise it?

Yes, it can be saved- Through radical political reforms such as centralising power to the central government, and giving more equal representation to all areas
28%
Yes, it can be saved- By keeping the status quo
19%
Yes, it can be saved- Through radical political reforms such as giving each state more power
20%
No, it cannot be saved - Separate the United States into several countries based on regions
13%
No, it cannot be saved- Balkanise the United States into many countries based on states
8%
Other Yes (Please describe)
7%
Other No (Please describe)
4%

Total votes : 261

Hardscrabbel
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardscrabbel » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Valentine Z wrote:This is probably the... 5th time, I have heard of this OP during my relatively short time here. Should the US be abolished? Should the states be separated or united?

I say we divide US' states into mini countries of their own! What do you think about Florida as a country? Or Wyoming? Or New York as a nation-states of its own? Will be wild, I promise!

That would make for a really good Military Action novel. Let’s do it!

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:30 pm

I know it's 2020, but the last thing we need is for America to suddenly do an overhaul....

VlaRiSsiA wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Yes, especially since the US Constitution is literally the supreme law of their land. It also helps protect the people from the government via things like the Bill of Rights and has abolished slavery (1865) and granted women's suffrage (1920). What would one replace the Bill of Rights with if America got rid of their entire Constitution?

The Script of the Bee Movie

*Imagines the Supreme Court deciding verdicts based on things like, "WHY IS YOGURT NIGHT SO DIFFICULT!?"*
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Can we all take a moment to notice the fact that OP appears to have stopped posting, and we’re just sitting here repeating why the idea is stupid when the creator of said idea isn’t defending it anymore? Why are we still here?
Last edited by Kathol Rift on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Valentine Z wrote:This is probably the... 5th time, I have heard of this OP during my relatively short time here. Should the US be abolished? Should the states be separated or united?

I say we divide US' states into mini countries of their own! What do you think about Florida as a country? Or Wyoming? Or New York as a nation-states of its own? Will be wild, I promise!

Make the states into islands. By digging deep moats between them (using nuclear detonations) and allowing those to fill with sea-water. Illegal immigration won't be much of a problem, due to radioactive alligators.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Zordila
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Zordila » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 pm

I've created a style of posting which allows me to express an opinion without a response which can start an argument. I'll be using this strategy again on the next topic I post on.
A puppet.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:Can we all take a moment to notice the fact that OP appears to have stopped posting, and we’re just sitting here repeating why the idea is stupid when the creator of said idea isn’t defending it at the moment? Why are we still here?

The thread has not been locked yet.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Theberstan
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Theberstan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Bigotry and homophobia isn’t what’s tearing the US apart... it’s basic media misinformation and radical political parties. Honestly I wish the US was more then a 2 party system. Make room for other parties for God’s sake. And when I say radical I mean both sides, but far left more then ever. In my opinion politics is like a pendulum. We’re going to swing back the moderate then conservative then probably alt-right.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:32 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:Can we all take a moment to notice the fact that OP appears to have stopped posting, and we’re just sitting here repeating why the idea is stupid when the creator of said idea isn’t defending it anymore? Why are we still here?

I know why I'm still here. Enjoying it. Why you're still here I have no idea.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:32 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:Can we all take a moment to notice the fact that OP appears to have stopped posting, and we’re just sitting here repeating why the idea is stupid when the creator of said idea isn’t defending it anymore? Why are we still here?

To be fair, he might've run off after facing more criticism than he could handle. It happens.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:33 pm

I'm all for it. I love those scenarios.
THE RESURGENT GREAT TEXAN EMPIRE WILL STRIKE THE LAST BLOW AT THE GODLESS NEW MEXICAN REDS! DOWN WITH THE TRAITOR, UP WITH THE STARS!

VlaRiSsiA wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Yes, especially since the US Constitution is literally the supreme law of their land. It also helps protect the people from the government via things like the Bill of Rights and has abolished slavery (1865) and granted women's suffrage (1920). What would one replace the Bill of Rights with if America got rid of their entire Constitution?

I actually agree with this.

Kathol Rift wrote:Can we all take a moment to notice the fact that OP appears to have stopped posting, and we’re just sitting here repeating why the idea is stupid when the creator of said idea isn’t defending it at the moment? Why are we still here?

Uh... I dunno, go home, all ye time-wasters! Be productive, ye fools, all of ye!
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Saiyan Galactic Empire
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiyan Galactic Empire » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Theberstan wrote:Bigotry and homophobia isn’t what’s tearing the US apart... it’s basic media misinformation and radical political parties. Honestly I wish the US was more then a 2 party system. Make room for other parties for God’s sake. And when I say radical I mean both sides, but far left more then ever. In my opinion politics is like a pendulum. We’re going to swing back the moderate then conservative then probably alt-right.

It's funny because the US is one of the most tolerant nations in the world. If someone is gonna cry about bigotry and racism they should do it in Riyadh or Pakistan not here in the USA where we were one if the first countries to legalize gay marriage and we don't treat immigrants like foreigners.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:34 pm

VlaRiSsiA wrote:

Go to gulag.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:

The thread has not been locked yet.

I guess that’s enough reason to stay in it.
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

I know why I'm still here. Enjoying it. Why you're still here I have no idea.

An excellent point. Why am I here? Carry on enjoying yourself while I’m pondering this.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

To be fair, he might've run off after facing more criticism than he could handle. It happens.

Another excellent point, and probably the most probable explanation for the absence of the OP.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:36 pm

VlaRiSsiA wrote:The Script of the Bee Movie

Go to gulag.

do they have Б movie at gulag?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Zordila
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zordila » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Zordila wrote:
Yep. This is what will happen in a democratic system no matter what though, and I don't think corruption is avoidable.

I think the ridiculous amount of money in elections is a problem, maybe corruption is unavoidable but it can be alleviated. There are studies that show Congress votes according to its donators not its voters. Congress people can spend up to a third of their time soliciting donations over actually working to solve problems.

Take the money out of elections with a new Constitution and a renewal of the nation that formally rejects the genocide and slavery of its original founding.

And how do we do that, without transparency or good law enforcement?
A puppet.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:36 pm

New haven america wrote:
Go to gulag.

do they have Б movie at gulag?

Go to gulag.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:37 pm

Saiyan Galactic Empire wrote:
Theberstan wrote:Bigotry and homophobia isn’t what’s tearing the US apart... it’s basic media misinformation and radical political parties. Honestly I wish the US was more then a 2 party system. Make room for other parties for God’s sake. And when I say radical I mean both sides, but far left more then ever. In my opinion politics is like a pendulum. We’re going to swing back the moderate then conservative then probably alt-right.

It's funny because the US is one of the most tolerant nations in the world. If someone is gonna cry about bigotry and racism they should do it in Riyadh or Pakistan not here in the USA where we were one if the first countries to legalize gay marriage and we don't treat immigrants like foreigners.

This is not untrue, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. As Reagan noted, America is one of the few places you can come to and be called American. You can't go to, say, China and be called Chinese. American is an idea not an ethnicity.

Still, it has a dark past that continues to have consequence, to formally acknowledge it, reject it and set out a new path is no bad thing, renewal and rebirth is part of ecology.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:38 pm

Wanna toss my hat in the ring, even for a single post.

The OP says that the US does not support "guarantee freedom and equality for all," and that a new nation should be formed that does. I would argue, however, that the US is doing that, as in guaranteeing freedom and equality for all.

The truth of the matter is that guaranteeing freedom and equality for everybody doesn't just mean freedom and equality for minority races or people with good opinions, but also those with bad opinions. Antifa, Neo-Nazis, the KKK, all of them exist in the US because it guarantees the rights and freedoms of its population to express themselves freely and disagree with the opinions of others. Now, I completely acknowledge that these organisations are vile and violent and that the acts of violence and vandalism these organisations commit are illegal, but the simple right for these people to express and espouse these ideas is protected under the Constitution.

Now you might say "These people are terrible, so we should repress them and get rid of them," I agree with the former, but not so much with the latter. See, if a government has the right to repress the rights of a single sect of the population, even if that sect is full of terrible people....what's to stop the government from oppressing the rest of the population? From taking away their rights? From becoming a totalitarian regime? The second that the government is given the legal right to illegalise and actively repress the activities or ideas of a group (no matter how terrible they are), then they have the legal justification to illegalise and repress any people or ideas that they don't like.

And then what happens to those "guaranteed freedoms and equality?" POOF, gone.

The cons of complete guaranteed freedom and equality for all are that it doesn't just guarantee the rights of those who deserve them, but also those of really hateful and terrible people. But it's that or giving the government the ability to repress EVERYONE.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Empirical Switzerland
Senator

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Empirical Switzerland » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:38 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Saiyan Galactic Empire wrote:

This is not untrue, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. As Reagan noted, America is one of the few places you can come to and be called American. You can't go to, say, China and be called Chinese. American is an idea not an ethnicity.

Still, it has a dark past that continues to have consequence, to formally acknowledge it, reject it and set out a new path is no bad thing, renewal and rebirth is part of ecology.

Good points.
News: Swiss Man uses 'Fonduethrower' on cow test-subject, lethality confirmed, Priest gets drunk on Blood of Christ, claims he just couldn't handle the Jesusness, and War with Tupeia deemed 'inevitable'.

Click to Declare War on Me | Lord Bodie Q&A | Zürich International | Lord Bodie Face Reveal!
Pro Life, Small Government, Legal Immigrants, 2nd Amendment, Capitalism, Free Markets, and Equal Marriage
Abortion, Large Government, Socialism, Communism, Gun Control, Illegal Immigrants, Pro Choice, Joe Biden, Police Abolishment, and Fascism

Founder of GRAIL

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:39 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Zordila wrote:
Yep. This is what will happen in a democratic system no matter what though, and I don't think corruption is avoidable.

I think the ridiculous amount of money in elections is a problem, maybe corruption is unavoidable but it can be alleviated. There are studies that show Congress votes according to its donators not its voters. Congress people can spend up to a third of their time soliciting donations over actually working to solve problems.

Take the money out of elections with a new Constitution and a renewal of the nation that formally rejects the genocide and slavery of its original founding.

Democracy Dollars FTW?

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:39 pm

Zordila wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Well quite.. take a read of this - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... a-platform
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:39 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Wanna toss my hat in the ring, even for a single post.

The OP says that the US does not support "guarantee freedom and equality for all," and that a new nation should be formed that does. I would argue, however, that the US is doing that, as in guaranteeing freedom and equality for all.

The truth of the matter is that guaranteeing freedom and equality for everybody doesn't just mean freedom and equality for minority races or people with good opinions, but also those with bad opinions. Antifa, Neo-Nazis, the KKK, all of them exist in the US because it guarantees the rights and freedoms of its population to express themselves freely and disagree with the opinions of others. Now, I completely acknowledge that these organisations are vile and violent and that the acts of violence and vandalism these organisations commit are illegal, but the simple right for these people to express and espouse these ideas is protected under the Constitution.

Now you might say "These people are terrible, so we should repress them and get rid of them," I agree with the former, but not so much with the latter. See, if a government has the right to repress the rights of a single sect of the population, even if that sect is full of terrible people....what's to stop the government from oppressing the rest of the population? From taking away their rights? From becoming a totalitarian regime? The second that the government is given the legal right to illegalise and actively repress the activities or ideas of a group (no matter how terrible they are), then they have the legal justification to illegalise and repress any people or ideas that they don't like.

And then what happens to those "guaranteed freedoms and equality?" POOF, gone.

The cons of complete guaranteed freedom and equality for all are that it doesn't just guarantee the rights of those who deserve them, but also those of really hateful and terrible people. But it's that or giving the government the ability to repress EVERYONE.

:clap:

Zordila
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zordila » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:42 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Zordila wrote:

Well quite.. take a read of this - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... a-platform

Honestly, I didn't think of that. My IQ is probably lower than 100. :(
A puppet.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:44 pm

New haven america wrote:do they have Б movie at gulag?

Go to gulag.

before i go, did you know that according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly?
Last edited by New haven america on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:48 pm

I wish I had a time machine so that I could go back and prevent this thread from giving me brain cancer.
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General