NATION

PASSWORD

How long have you been on Nationstates, and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

How long have you been on Nationstates, and why?

Postby Adriatican » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:27 pm

So, I realized recently, that this nation was created 6 years and 241 days ago, and that my original iteration (which I started in the 8th grade) was created in 2009, which means, in total, I've been a part of the NS community for over a decade, and am coming up on my twelfth year.

Which is bizare to me, because only two other games (GTA and the Sims) have that kind of staying power with me.

With that being said, how long have you guys been on NS, and why do you stay?
Last edited by Adriatican on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First and Third Prime Minister of the IFC
Fmr. Chair, and current Commissioner of ISEC (a W.A organization)
Member of the Board of Directors of the Bank of Yohannes
Lazarene Ambassador to the South Pacific and Europeia

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:29 pm

1794 days! ^^

Or 4 years + 333 d, soon celebrating my 5th Anniversary on this site!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

How long have you been on NationStates, and why?

Postby Deacarsia » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 pm

I have been on and off of NationStates for over eight years now, but I really only became involved in it when I created Deacarsia in 2018. I joined, because I wanted to simulate being the ruler of my own nation.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

The Champions League
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Champions League » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Little more than 2 years, 816 days to be exact. Firstly because of issues, but more recently just to communicate with other NS users.

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:34 pm

Valentine Z wrote:1794 days! ^^

Isn't it odd to think you've committed so much time to a game? Like what about this place do you think drew you back consistently for over five years.

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Deacarsia wrote:I have been on and off of NationStates for over eight years now, but I really only became involved in it when I created Deacarsia in 2018. I joined, because I wanted to simulate being the ruler of my own nation.

We should get a cookie mailed to us when we hit the ten year mark.

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:36 pm

The Champions League wrote:Little more than 2 years, 816 days to be exact. Firstly because of issues, but more recently just to communicate with other NS users.

Issues, as in the the game dynamic?

Animu Place
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Animu Place » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:36 pm

march 9 2020

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:37 pm

In this latest incarnation, just over two years.

8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:37 pm

I was founded more than four years ago but I obviously haven't been active all that time.

Issues sucked me in, then I CTEd, then cards sucked me in and I'm now in an infinite inescapable loop of NationStates :P
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:39 pm

First nation was in '08, but I abandoned that one. Made this one in late '11, but didn't really start "being here" regularly until like mid-'12.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 pm

I'll have been here four years this May. Time has really flown by. I've stuck around because of the community, I guess, and I've made some darn good friends here.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 pm

I've been on Nation-states since January 25th, 2015. The reason I joined Nation-states is because I was interested in world-building and wanted to create nations and this website had the best customization's to me.
★ The Empire of Whitemore ★ - " We will reach the Gates of Heaven!"

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Noahs Second Country wrote:I was founded more than four years ago but I obviously haven't been active all that time.

Issues sucked me in, then I CTEd, then cards sucked me in and I'm now in an infinite inescapable loop of NationStates :P

Just as Max intended.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 pm

Adriatican wrote:
Noahs Second Country wrote:I was founded more than four years ago but I obviously haven't been active all that time.

Just as Max intended.

It sure does seem that way. No one ever truly leaves this site. It's like a magnet.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 pm

Whitemore wrote:I've been on Nation-states since January 25th, 2015. The reason I joined Nation-states is because I was interested in world-building and wanted to create nations and this website had the best customization's to me.

Right?! Like, there are other nation building sites, but none quite like this one.

The Champions League
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Champions League » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:44 pm

Adriatican wrote:
The Champions League wrote:Little more than 2 years, 816 days to be exact. Firstly because of issues, but more recently just to communicate with other NS users.

Issues, as in the the game dynamic?

Yeah, my bad for the misinterpretation

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:45 pm

2-ish months till my 1 year mark, still as obscure as ever. Stayed for for friends, got banned, witnessed a schism, caused a schism, and am now a founder.
Last edited by Dominioan on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Adriatican wrote:
Whitemore wrote:I've been on Nation-states since January 25th, 2015. The reason I joined Nation-states is because I was interested in world-building and wanted to create nations and this website had the best customization's to me.

Right?! Like, there are other nation building sites, but none quite like this one.

Nation-states to me has the best moderation team that keeps everything cool and civil, which is widely different from other places.
★ The Empire of Whitemore ★ - " We will reach the Gates of Heaven!"

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Adriatican wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:1794 days! ^^

Isn't it odd to think you've committed so much time to a game? Like what about this place do you think drew you back consistently for over five years.

I will have to consider a couple of points, I suppose.

- The NS Stats. Yes, not a lot of nation worldbuilders use them, but I love them to death, and I actually try to make it 1:1 with what I have written.
- Lack of solid mechanics. You will not get curbstomped by another nation just because they have been here longer than you. If you can write well, that will take you far! ^^
- The Moderation team. Yes, I can and have shared my fair share of criticism and concern about them now and then, but overall, I like to think that they do a fine job compared to a few other corners of the internet I have been in.

And most importantly, yes, RPs and being able to play as characters without any limitations. I even have a 117-meter tall radioactive guy as a leader! :P

And yes, I do sometimes wonder about the amount of time I have spent here. Sometimes a waste, but other times... if you have fun doing it, might as well enjoy the ride! ♥
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:50 pm

More than 14 years now..

..although people diss NSG a lot, it does provide me with different points of view that I might not encounter on other channels. My involvement rises and falls depending on whether I've the time, the inclination or whether the political scene is interesting. Hence I tend to crop up more around election times.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:50 pm

Too long. I could make a snarky joke, but honestly, I just like to post on forums about politics, and this has been the only one consistently...decent? Sure, there are always going to be obnoxious posters, obnoxious threads, and idiocy, but moderation here does a better job keeping everyone in check than anywhere else I've visited.

Not the best vibes imaginable, but the only decent vibes I've found from a forum.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:54 pm

Whitemore wrote:
Adriatican wrote:

Nation-states to me has the best moderation team that keeps everything cool and civil, which is widely different from other places.

Yeah, the mods are 95% of the time excellent.
What, herr kommissar? No, I meant 100%, obviously! Just a flub of the mouth!

I got on a couple months ago because I was lurking a forum and I saw NS mentioned. I haven't regretted the decision yet.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:55 pm

Since December 10 2016. There’s no specific aspect that makes me stay here, I just can’t stop thinking about this game.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Bombadil wrote:More than 14 years now..

..although people diss NSG a lot, it does provide me with different points of view that I might not encounter on other channels. My involvement rises and falls depending on whether I've the time, the inclination or whether the political scene is interesting. Hence I tend to crop up more around election times.

All hail the elder...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General