NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: And So It Begins! 2021 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which 2nd Year QB Will Make The Biggest Jump?

Justin Herbert
12
39%
Joey Burrow
6
19%
Jalen Hurts
2
6%
Tua Tagovailoa
11
35%
 
Total votes : 31

User avatar
Untecna
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1218
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Father Knows Best State

NFL 2020-2021 Season Disscusion Thread

Postby Untecna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:03 am

Overview
This forum is to discuss the 2020-2021 NFL season. We can discuss plays, teams, and other NFL-related things.

NOTE: This thread is only for NFL discussions. Anything else will be deleted.

Overview of the NFL
From Wikipedia, "The National Football League is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference."

NFL TEAMS:

1. ARIZONA CARDINALS

2. ATLANTA FALCONS

3. BALTIMORE RAVENS

4. BUFFALO BILLS

5. CAROLINA PANTHERS

7. CINCINNATI BENGALS

6. CHICAGO BEARS

8. CLEVELAND BROWNS

9. DALLAS COWBOYS

10. DENVER BRONCOS

11. DETROIT LIONS

12. GREEN BAY PACKERS

13. HOUSTON TEXANS

14. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

16. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

17. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

18. LOS ANGELES RAMS

15. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

19. MIAMI DOLPHINS

20. MINNESOTA VIKINGS

21. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

22. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

23. NEW YORK GIANTS

24. NEW YORK JETS

25. OAKLAND RAIDERS

26. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

28. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

29. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

27. PITTSBURGH STEELERS

30. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

31. TENNESSEE TITANS

32. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

--RULES--

1. Only NFL discussions. All other discussions will be deleted.
2. No swearing.
3. No racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.
4. No hate.
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
Center-left. Deal with it.
WA Ambassador: Cassi Iliana
My storefronts: Palo-Xara
InfValues Results:
NEWS: Cheese considered a god by homeless folk--New oil rig opens

User avatar
The New California Republic
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34459
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:05 am

There is already an NFL thread. I'll ask for this one to get merged into it.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Idzequitch
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16702
Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:30 am

A solid showing in Week 3 for Idz, going 11-4(with one tie. Remember when ties used to be rare? Now we have at least one every year). I definitely didn't see the Lions win coming over the Cardinals. The Panthers over the Chargers was also surprising. And I knew all along that the Ravens/Chiefs game was going to be a tough one to pick. Moving slightly up the rankings this week, and now I'm three games out of first place. Striking distance! On to Week 4!

Broncos over Jets
Ravens over Team That No Longer Has A Racially Insensitive Name or Any Name At All
Steelers over Titans (If they even get to play lol)
Bucs over Chargers
Seahawks over Dolphins
Texans over Vikings
Saints over Lions
Browns over Cowboys
Bengals over Jaguars
Colts over Bears
Cardinals over Panthers
Rams over Giants
Bills over Raiders
Chiefs over Patriots
Niners over Eagles
Packers over Falcons
Retirement Announcement
I'm temporarily permanently retired from NSG. Maybe.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 109412
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:10 am

Untecna wrote:Overview
This forum is to discuss the 2020-2021 NFL season. We can discuss plays, teams, and other NFL-related things.

NOTE: This thread is only for NFL discussions. Anything else will be deleted.

Overview of the NFL
From Wikipedia, "The National Football League is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference."

NFL TEAMS:

1. ARIZONA CARDINALS

2. ATLANTA FALCONS

3. BALTIMORE RAVENS

4. BUFFALO BILLS

5. CAROLINA PANTHERS

7. CINCINNATI BENGALS

6. CHICAGO BEARS

8. CLEVELAND BROWNS

9. DALLAS COWBOYS

10. DENVER BRONCOS

11. DETROIT LIONS

12. GREEN BAY PACKERS

13. HOUSTON TEXANS

14. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

16. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

17. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

18. LOS ANGELES RAMS

15. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

19. MIAMI DOLPHINS

20. MINNESOTA VIKINGS

21. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

22. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

23. NEW YORK GIANTS

24. NEW YORK JETS

25. OAKLAND RAIDERS

26. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

28. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

29. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

27. PITTSBURGH STEELERS

30. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

31. TENNESSEE TITANS

32. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

--RULES--

1. Only NFL discussions. All other discussions will be deleted.
2. No swearing.
3. No racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.
4. No hate.

It's not necessary to reiterate the rules. Those are posted conveniently at the top of the Moderation forum for everyone to read. Nor do you get to declare "Only NFL discussions. All other discussions will be deleted." You literally could not delete anything from the thread except your own posts and even then, only if not one has quoted them. If someone is acting up in the thread, report them. The Mods will do the rest.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50167
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:24 am

That guy expected no swearing and no hatred in an NFL thread.

That's funny.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Ranoria
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19256
Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ranoria » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:37 am

Ameriganastan wrote:That guy expected no swearing and no hatred in an NFL thread.

That's funny.

*funny as shit

Fixed that for you.

That said, don't know what that whole thing was about. Regardless, *slides Farn obligatory cookies and milk*
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
NSCF XX, NSCF XXII, World Bowl 42

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12171
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:37 am

No need for Tuesday morning quarterbacking either. They beat themselves as much as anything else.
Two time champion of NFL picks league 2018 & 2020 - I am Traffic Signal - Not competing in 2021. This to give others a better shot.
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Ranoria
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19256
Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ranoria » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:42 am

Jerzylvania wrote:No need for Tuesday morning quarterbacking either. They beat themselves as much as anything else.


I'm certainly not worried about the Ravens. They've looked terrifying (in the other two games), and it isn't like Lamar is going anywhere. Another 14-2ish season is certainly in the cards for them. My original prediction was 11-5, but they just look good.
Last edited by Ranoria on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
NSCF XX, NSCF XXII, World Bowl 42

User avatar
Maineiacs
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7109
Founded: May 26, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maineiacs » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:49 am

Broncos over Jets
Cardinals over Panthers
Ravens over Washington
Cowboys over Browns
Colts over Bears
Jaguars over Bengals
Buccs over Chargers
Texans over Vikings
Saints over Lions
Steelers over Titans
Seahawks over Dolphins
Rams over Giants
Bills over Raiders
Chiefs over Patriots
49ers over Eagles
Packers over Falcons
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12171
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:No need for Tuesday morning quarterbacking either. They beat themselves as much as anything else.


I'm certainly not worried about the Ravens. They've looked terrifying (in the other two games), and it isn't like Lamar is going anywhere. Another 14-2ish season is certainly in the cards for them. My original prediction was 11-5, but they just look good.


The game last night was an outlier. Sometimes in life you just beat yourself. In today's world it's individuals who won't wear a mask in public, won't wash hands properly and don't social distance. For a football team, those same things apply apply in 2020 PLUS not making bonehead plays on the field and getting a bunch of stupid penalties.

Sorry to hear about the Titans' players infected with Covid as I am with all people infected. Let's hope they can contain the spread. These are tough times to be playing contact sports. People need to team up against the spread and I don't mean Vegas.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two time champion of NFL picks league 2018 & 2020 - I am Traffic Signal - Not competing in 2021. This to give others a better shot.
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 58081
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:That guy expected no swearing and no hatred in an NFL thread.

That's funny.

It’s more that he probably was lost and thought this was his thread.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
King Alfred's Prayer
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Be safe, wear your mask outside the home, pray for peace, mercy, and justice to reign in our world. God bless you!

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12171
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That guy expected no swearing and no hatred in an NFL thread.

That's funny.

It’s more that he probably was lost and thought this was his thread.


Look closer, it's likely a case of premature thread ejaculation.
Two time champion of NFL picks league 2018 & 2020 - I am Traffic Signal - Not competing in 2021. This to give others a better shot.
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 109412
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:It’s more that he probably was lost and thought this was his thread.


Look closer, it's likely a case of premature thread ejaculation.

:eyebrow:
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Untecna
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1218
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Untecna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Untecna wrote:Overview
This forum is to discuss the 2020-2021 NFL season. We can discuss plays, teams, and other NFL-related things.

NOTE: This thread is only for NFL discussions. Anything else will be deleted.

Overview of the NFL
From Wikipedia, "The National Football League is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference."

NFL TEAMS:

1. ARIZONA CARDINALS

2. ATLANTA FALCONS

3. BALTIMORE RAVENS

4. BUFFALO BILLS

5. CAROLINA PANTHERS

7. CINCINNATI BENGALS

6. CHICAGO BEARS

8. CLEVELAND BROWNS

9. DALLAS COWBOYS

10. DENVER BRONCOS

11. DETROIT LIONS

12. GREEN BAY PACKERS

13. HOUSTON TEXANS

14. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

16. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

17. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

18. LOS ANGELES RAMS

15. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

19. MIAMI DOLPHINS

20. MINNESOTA VIKINGS

21. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

22. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

23. NEW YORK GIANTS

24. NEW YORK JETS

25. OAKLAND RAIDERS

26. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

28. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

29. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

27. PITTSBURGH STEELERS

30. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

31. TENNESSEE TITANS

32. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

--RULES--

1. Only NFL discussions. All other discussions will be deleted.
2. No swearing.
3. No racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.
4. No hate.

It's not necessary to reiterate the rules. Those are posted conveniently at the top of the Moderation forum for everyone to read. Nor do you get to declare "Only NFL discussions. All other discussions will be deleted." You literally could not delete anything from the thread except your own posts and even then, only if not one has quoted them. If someone is acting up in the thread, report them. The Mods will do the rest.

This was meant to be a different thread. My bad.
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
Center-left. Deal with it.
WA Ambassador: Cassi Iliana
My storefronts: Palo-Xara
InfValues Results:
NEWS: Cheese considered a god by homeless folk--New oil rig opens

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12171
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Look closer, it's likely a case of premature thread ejaculation.

:eyebrow:

Okay.... but as Bart Simpson says, I didn't do it. :blush:

The Broncos still have a good future, like them as the eventual divisional rival to challenge the Chiefs. Your teams fans shouldn't get outlandishly discouraged by the spate of injuries. It's a building year for them anyway. Getting to test more players in game conditions now. Good for evaluating.
Two time champion of NFL picks league 2018 & 2020 - I am Traffic Signal - Not competing in 2021. This to give others a better shot.
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50167
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:31 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12171
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Let Russ Cook.

Another "Scooby Don't" moment.
Two time champion of NFL picks league 2018 & 2020 - I am Traffic Signal - Not competing in 2021. This to give others a better shot.
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 109412
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote: :eyebrow:

Okay.... but as Bart Simpson says, I didn't do it. :blush:

The Broncos still have a good future, like them as the eventual divisional rival to challenge the Chiefs. Your teams fans shouldn't get outlandishly discouraged by the spate of injuries. It's a building year for them anyway. Getting to test more players in game conditions now. Good for evaluating.

Getting outlandishly discouraged and outraged about sports is a local pastime.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12171
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Okay.... but as Bart Simpson says, I didn't do it. :blush:

The Broncos still have a good future, like them as the eventual divisional rival to challenge the Chiefs. Your teams fans shouldn't get outlandishly discouraged by the spate of injuries. It's a building year for them anyway. Getting to test more players in game conditions now. Good for evaluating.

Getting outlandishly discouraged and outraged about sports is a local pastime.


Yeah... I try and remember this play when I get discouraged and outraged. It's my favorite football play of all time and it's totally nuts.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two time champion of NFL picks league 2018 & 2020 - I am Traffic Signal - Not competing in 2021. This to give others a better shot.
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 109412
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Getting outlandishly discouraged and outraged about sports is a local pastime.


Yeah... I try and remember this play when I get discouraged and outraged. It's my favorite football play of all time and it's totally nuts.

:lol:
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Ranoria
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19256
Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ranoria » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That guy expected no swearing and no hatred in an NFL thread.

That's funny.

It’s more that he probably was lost and thought this was his thread.

I think he created another thread and it was then merged with this one, just checking on the ‘view user’s post thing.’ That’s where the confusion came from. So his OP post was moved into this thread.

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ranoria wrote:
I'm certainly not worried about the Ravens. They've looked terrifying (in the other two games), and it isn't like Lamar is going anywhere. Another 14-2ish season is certainly in the cards for them. My original prediction was 11-5, but they just look good.


The game last night was an outlier. Sometimes in life you just beat yourself. In today's world it's individuals who won't wear a mask in public, won't wash hands properly and don't social distance. For a football team, those same things apply apply in 2020 PLUS not making bonehead plays on the field and getting a bunch of stupid penalties.

Sorry to hear about the Titans' players infected with Covid as I am with all people infected. Let's hope they can contain the spread. These are tough times to be playing contact sports. People need to team up against the spread and I don't mean Vegas.

:lol:

Titans will be fine.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
NSCF XX, NSCF XXII, World Bowl 42

User avatar
Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12171
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:30 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Yeah... I try and remember this play when I get discouraged and outraged. It's my favorite football play of all time and it's totally nuts.

:lol:

And that was on the very same collegiate gridiron (Louisville) )which Baltimore QB stars Johnny Unitas and Lamar Jackson gained notoriety! :clap:
Two time champion of NFL picks league 2018 & 2020 - I am Traffic Signal - Not competing in 2021. This to give others a better shot.
Lamar Jackson measured in kinetic energy means.... touchdowns, touchdowns, touchdowns!
Trump's past the event horizon now. He's being stretched and torn wildly out of shape by the gravity of his misdeeds. Soon he'll be compacted into the cosmic trash can. Nevermore.

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 58081
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ranoria wrote:
I'm certainly not worried about the Ravens. They've looked terrifying (in the other two games), and it isn't like Lamar is going anywhere. Another 14-2ish season is certainly in the cards for them. My original prediction was 11-5, but they just look good.


The game last night was an outlier. Sometimes in life you just beat yourself. In today's world it's individuals who won't wear a mask in public, won't wash hands properly and don't social distance. For a football team, those same things apply apply in 2020 PLUS not making bonehead plays on the field and getting a bunch of stupid penalties.

Sorry to hear about the Titans' players infected with Covid as I am with all people infected. Let's hope they can contain the spread. These are tough times to be playing contact sports. People need to team up against the spread and I don't mean Vegas.

I agree. The Ravens are next level, but the Chiefs are just on fire. Really, only losing somehow during regular season is going to stop their momentum and give other teams a chance. Right now they're rolling though, and Baltimore just so happened to be in the way. Ravens are still winning their division, barring some act of God or Roethlisberger hitting the gas incredibly hard with the few weapons he has. (If his attitude adjustment holds up, it should bear good results for the Steelers, but I don't see them outdoing Baltimore. Lamar Jackson is just that good.)

Aside from the fact that the Titans getting COVID right when they are hitting their stride is rather garbage, I also hope that they as people get better and are able to hop right back in. At the end of the day, they still go home to their wives, kids, families, etc. and have to worry about making them sick as much as anyone else.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
King Alfred's Prayer
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Be safe, wear your mask outside the home, pray for peace, mercy, and justice to reign in our world. God bless you!

User avatar
Shazbotdom
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9168
Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:21 pm

Shaz's Picks for Week 4
Thursday's Games
19:20 CDT
Jets over Broncos (Because it'll be a huge shitshow)

Sunday's Games
12:00 CDT
Saints over Lions (Who Dat till ya Die)
Bears over Colts
Bengals over Jaguars (Geaux Jeaux!)
Browns over Cowgirls (Fuck Dak)
Titans over Steelers - POSTPONED!
Seahawks over Lolphins
Succaneers over Chargers
Ravens over WFT
Cardinals over Panthers
Vikings over Texans

15:05 CDT
Rams over Giants

15:25 CDT
Chiefs over Patriots (Because Fuck Kraft)
Bills over Raiders

19:20 CDT
49ers over Eagles

Monday Night
19:15 CDT
Packers over Failcons
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Day 10 Post Hurricane Ida: Entire Metro are is back with power. Outlying area's to the west in St. Charles Parish are still without power.
Darth Bane/Darth Vader 2024 -- Together, we can Rule the Galaxy!
The Shazbotdom Empire || ShazWeb || Shazbotdom Military Information & History
IIWiki || Embassies v6.0 || Discord: YourDaddyShaz#0741
ShazAir || Shaz City International Airport || Shazbotdom News Corporation (News Thread)
Shazbert Bot's Gaming Adventures || PolyComp: E: -0.52 | S: -3.33 || WSPT: E: 100% | P: 100%

User avatar
Oxes Republic
Diplomat
 
Posts: 668
Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oxes Republic » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:10 am

First Post in New Thread: Bills wnning Super Bowl LV

2nd Post:

Give me the Broncos for Thursday
2021-22 Buffalo Bills Season

1-1
Next Game: vs. WAS

Quarterback:
J. Allen #17:
CMP%: 58.8%
YDS: 270
Total TD: 1
INT: 0
Rating: 79.7
Rushing:
D. Singletary #26:
Att: 11
YDS: 72
TD: 0
J. Allen #17:
Att: 9
YDS: 44
TD: 0
Receiving
S. Diggs #14:
REC: 9
YDS: 69
TD: 0
C. Beasley #11:
REC: 8
YDS: 60
TD: 0

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andsed, Comerciante, CoraSpia, Czervenika, Fartsniffage, Google Adsense [Bot], Heloin, Insaanistan, Kappacon, Kavagrad, Kowani, Nanatsu no Tsuki, Picairn, Rathalas, Tarsonis, The Empire of Juxesland, The Greater Nordics, The Huskar Social Union

Advertisement

Remove ads