NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:I have been trying to watch through the highlights of that Giants v Dan Snyders game, but it's late at night and I keep falling asleep. However, I think I'll watch it this afternoon and give my thoughts. Why? Cause I want to.

If you watch the first quarter and the last five minutes, you will have seen enough.

Too much Jack Buck is bad for you.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Interesting to see so many of you voting for Herbert in this poll. There’s just not nearly as much of a jump for him to take.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:38 pm

Alright, give me...

Raiders over Captain Fat Fuck and Friends
Niners over Eagles
Browns over Texans
Broncos over Jags
Saints over Carolina
Rams over Colts
Bills over Dolphins
Jets over Patriots (Hey, it could happen. We're living in odd times.)
Bungles over Bears
Suckaneers over Falcons
Cards over Vikings
Seahawks over Titans
Cowgirls over Chargers
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:40 am

Having seven missing coaches and a missing secondary is really dangerous for this game. I don’t have good hopes so far. Darnold is playing well. Worst comes to worst, I think we can afford to drop this game, but it’s really devastating so far. Blitzing is not working.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:26 am

Yeah this game is a loss. You can’t run a game with most of your coaching staff ill. We’ll be fine against New England though. Everyone should be healthy by then.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Looks like Derek Carr got hurt, although I don't think it was too bad because he was able to walk off the field.

edit: he's back in the game, evidently he is fine
Last edited by Window Land on Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Jets over Patriots (Hey, it could happen. We're living in odd times

Boy, was that a misfire of a pick...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Over the last 15 years the Steelers are 2-5 against the Raiders with their last win coming in 2015.
Anyone who picked Steelers over Raiders made a big mistake.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:43 pm

At least the Saints got a touchdown and that fumble was reversed…

But we do have 8 minutes, maybe?
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:04 pm

Welp, two huge picks by Winston, rather upsetting. But again, given the circumstances, messy play is kinda expected. I just hope this changes next week when we have our coaching staff back.

And we should be back in the Dome for Week 4, which should make a BIG difference.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 pm

Admittedly I feel better seeing that the Dolphins made the stupid mistake of crashing their party-boat by starting BRISSETT over TUA. And now they’re 35-0.

The Saints don’t feel like they’re tanking a season. The Dolphins have tanked a season.
-Alan Jackson

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Luminesa wrote:Welp, two huge picks by Winston, rather upsetting. But again, given the circumstances, messy play is kinda expected. I just hope this changes next week when we have our coaching staff back.

And we should be back in the Dome for Week 4, which should make a BIG difference.

Jameis threw 2 picks? Good to know the bakery has re-opened.

Caleonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Caleonia » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:36 pm

well then. 3 losses... better than last week i suppose
Caleon | Grünkohlland
The land of progress, the first society of speed.
MT/PMT (Cyberprep in 2035) | National Day: September 3 | Refer to this for policies | More than a “funny car nation”, and pays no attention to F1 | Hatsunia and I are NOT related, I just exist in his universe due to us sharing the same region.
Overview | Caleon Pro Baseball

Caleonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Caleonia » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Oxes had a perfect 1 PM week wtf
Caleon | Grünkohlland
The land of progress, the first society of speed.
MT/PMT (Cyberprep in 2035) | National Day: September 3 | Refer to this for policies | More than a “funny car nation”, and pays no attention to F1 | Hatsunia and I are NOT related, I just exist in his universe due to us sharing the same region.
Overview | Caleon Pro Baseball

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Luminesa wrote:Admittedly I feel better seeing that the Dolphins made the stupid mistake of crashing their party-boat by starting BRISSETT over TUA. And now they’re 35-0.

The Saints don’t feel like they’re tanking a season. The Dolphins have tanked a season.

Just don't let this happens next week against a rookie QB.

The net result is a Fish story.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:46 pm

Hey Kohr, how is Niarhyalo 11-5 when he never made a pick last week?
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:Hey Kohr, how is Niarhyalo 11-5 when he never made a pick last week?

Good question. Glitch in the system, I guess.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 pm

Kohr wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Hey Kohr, how is Niarhyalo 11-5 when he never made a pick last week?

Good question. Glitch in the system, I guess.

You're a foul one, Mr. Glitch.

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:59 pm

Caleonia wrote:Oxes had a perfect 1 PM week wtf

Im as shocked as you lol. Dont worry im gonna go 0-6 in late games.

ANYWAYS

Stats suck. Don't they? I mean I've always been an eye test guy. But dont worry, Josh failed my eye test today too. All of Allens stats went down besides TDs and yet he looked somewhat better? He was missing it on harder passes today and getting close on those hard passes. Accuracy rears her ugly head again and I think he just needs to lock down focus on the games. I think he will be fine in like 3 more weeks because his inaccuracy is only by a yard or 2 this time, not the 10 yard eggs of his first two seasons.

Also that was the best defensive performance I've ever seen by this team. Turnovers, gritty tackles, sacks, pressure, it was all there. And before you say Brisset, Tua looked as lost as he did in 2 drives at QB. But wow, that was good (for the defense). Offense justs needs more reps with eachother and Josh needs to calm down. Expectations appear to be his achilles heel. When people expect stuff, its when he over/underthrows like a machine.
2023-2024 Buffalo Bills Season Failed

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Kohr wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Welp, two huge picks by Winston, rather upsetting. But again, given the circumstances, messy play is kinda expected. I just hope this changes next week when we have our coaching staff back.

Jameis threw 2 picks? Good to know the bakery has re-opened.

I think it was due to our offensive line falling apart, though Jameis forces throws when he shouldn’t. It’s not all his fault as he got the only TD of the game, but this game can be scrapped I think. If you’re missing your coaching staff everything is thrown off.

The Vikings are doing really good against the Cards, a bit of a surprise.
-Alan Jackson

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Someone please tell me why I give so much to a team that only gives me pain in return.

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:49 pm

How can someone consistently make 52 yard field goals and yet miss extra points and 37 yard field goals?
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:03 pm

OT for Tennessee and Seattle was WILD. Good job for the Titans, that was a quality win.
-Alan Jackson

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Already Lamar throws an interception, yep this is gonna be a terrible season for Baltimore.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:30 pm

Kohr wrote:Someone please tell me why I give so much to a team that only gives me pain in return.

I don't want that so-called "kicker" cut, I want him exiled to Antarctica. >:(

https://i2.wp.com/www.sportressofblogit ... .jpg?ssl=1
Last edited by Maineiacs on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General