NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Buuuut, here's the thing. Get a couple more good years out of Von Miller when he's back. Drew Lock, let's lowball him at competent. Next year, you have a cheap franchise quarterback, a nice draft haul, especially if Elway can make a few saavy moves, and a ton of returning talent including Von and Justin Simmons. Philip Linday will probably not be himself all year if he comes back with a foot injury, so they'll get him back 100%, pus guys like Jeremiah Attachou and Jurell Casey, the latter giving them a big push up front so that QBs can't climb the pocket against monsters like Von and Bradley Chubb. Chin up Ameri! And Fant is hurt, which sucks, but again, back next year for the revenge tour!

Get themselves a nice OL or 2 in the draft. More pass rushers? A corner? Who knows! But they get some top notch talent to inject into a team that's going to under perform due to injuries this season.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:46 pm

Luminesa wrote:I guess I missed this game, but I'm guessing the Broncos managed a win?

Yep, it's over. The Broncos will win 37-28. Gase is likely going to get fired.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:47 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I guess I missed this game, but I'm guessing the Broncos managed a win?

Yep, it's over. The Broncos will win 37-28. Gase is likely going to get fired.

Good! I think I had the Broncos as my pick? I'm sure it was a hot mess, but I think the Broncos are marginally better than the Jets, whose entire upper management needed to be fired 10 years ago.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Yippee, we just barely beat the Jets. And now we get to play New England next.

This season can kiss my ass.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Do you ever find yourself criticising people who earn too much money for doing not very much?
Put things in context by remembering that Joe Flacco has managed to earn over $166 million during his career.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:25 pm

CoraSpia wrote:Do you ever find yourself criticising people who earn too much money for doing not very much?
Put things in context by remembering that Joe Flacco has managed to earn over $166 million during his career.

To be fair, he had a pretty strong run during that career, and he made most of his money based off that production. 2009-2016 had one shit year but he was pretty good otherwise.

Can't just say 'he sucked for the last 3-4 years so he didn't earn that.' I've been lower on Flacco than most, but that's not fair.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:36 am

CoraSpia wrote:Do you ever find yourself criticising people who earn too much money for doing not very much?

Chase Daniel has made about $50 million for attempting 218 passes. Career backups, if that career is long, can haul in the cash
2023-2024 Buffalo Bills Season Failed

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:38 am

OK Week 4 Picks:
Saints over Lions
Buccaneers over Chargers
Bengals over Jaguars
Texans over Vikings
Seahawks over Dolphins
Browns over Cowboys
Cardinals over Panthers
Bears over Colts
Ravens over Football Team
Rams over Giants
Chiefs over Patriots
Bills over Raiders
49ers over Eagles
Falcons over Packers

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:43 am

Saints over Lions
Chargers over Buccaneers
Bengals over Jaguars
Vikings over Texans
Seahawks over Dolphins
Cowboys over Browns
Cardinals over Panthers
Colts over Bears
Ravens over Redskins
Rams over Giants
Chiefs over Patriots
Bills over raiders
49ers over eagles
Packers over Falcons
Covid over Titans
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:49 am

Cam Newton has just tested positive for covid.

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:51 am

Heres the Article.

They said they could move the game back to Monday but Cam still wouldnt be able to play. The Pats havent traveled to KC yet though

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:26 am

Steelers @ Titans rescheduled from week 4 to week 7.... Steelers @ Ravens rescheduled from week 7 to week 8.

Week four will replace week seven as Steelers & Titan bye week. Week seven will replace week eight as Ravens bye week.

So now the Ravens get a bye before playing the Steelers at home week 8. If this remains the only scheduling situation until then, very good break for Ravens.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:30 am

Here’s to hoping Cam gets better soon! He’s young and healthy, I feel like he’ll be good, but prayers regardless.

Now maybe we won’t have the NFL decide to push the game back any further?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:40 am

Just cancel the season already.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:45 am

Dresderstan wrote:Just cancel the season already.

I’d rather not. We’ve started the season and it’s taking a weird direction, we might as well try and roll with it. Just get people to actually follow regulations.
-Alan Jackson

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:06 am

Luminesa wrote:

I’d rather not. We’ve started the season and it’s taking a weird direction, we might as well try and roll with it. Just get people to actually follow regulations.

They won't quit it straight away. Too much $$$ involved. They'll keep rolling the dice.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:12 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I’d rather not. We’ve started the season and it’s taking a weird direction, we might as well try and roll with it. Just get people to actually follow regulations.

They won't quit it straight away. Too much $$$ involved. They'll keep rolling the dice.

All the other sports seasons are finishing up. No reason the NFL needs to get cancelled. They just need to find a system that works.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:21 am

Kohr wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:They won't quit it straight away. Too much $$$ involved. They'll keep rolling the dice.

All the other sports seasons are finishing up. No reason the NFL needs to get cancelled. They just need to find a system that works.

Exactly!
-Alan Jackson

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:23 am

Time to cancel the season. Or at least postpone for a bubble.

Though if they continue there's a chance that the 9ers will suck and miss the post season.

Tough choice for me
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:33 am

ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:34 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Time to cancel the season. Or at least postpone for a bubble.

Though if they continue there's a chance that the 9ers will suck and miss the post season.

Tough choice for me

You're a Bucs/Steelers fan, right? What's your issue with the niners?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:35 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Time to cancel the season. Or at least postpone for a bubble.

Tough choice for me

Problem is that there is no way that they could do a Bubble with the NFL. Too many players, coaches and support staff to put in any one location. Not to mention you couldn't fit every game for the week into the three days.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:37 am

I am pro for cancelling. Not because of covid, but because Denver sucks and I want this over with.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:45 am

Luminesa wrote:

You can't cancel when I'm winning at fantasy.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:49 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I’d rather not. We’ve started the season and it’s taking a weird direction, we might as well try and roll with it. Just get people to actually follow regulations.

You can't cancel when I'm winning at fantasy.

Once I get McCaffery back, I'm coming for that number one spot!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General