NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:19 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Isn't the reason they expanded the rosters was so that they wouldn't have to reschedule games?

It's now 48 for game day active (up from 46), 55 for it's per week roster (up from 53), and 12 on the practice squad (up from 10).

Not enough for this type of thing, tbh.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:35 am

I’m amazed that this poll is still tied. Geez. Watch, by the time we get to the super bowl, it WILL be Seattle vs KC, and we’ll be tied at 30 to 30 or something
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:An Official Announcement from the NFL Today says that the Steelers/Titans game will be rescheduled for later in the season after additional Positive COVID-19 tests from players and at least one other staff member.

Tennessee has it's bye in week 7. Steelers have their bye in week 8. This will be an interesting mess to watch get resolved with rescheduling. NFL better hope this is the only game to need rescheduled. This isn't like MLB where they can do doubleheaders. Might have to push the playoffs back one week for rescheduled games. But even then, what if a team or teams has/have more than one game to reschedule? Yikes.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:An Official Announcement from the NFL Today says that the Steelers/Titans game will be rescheduled for later in the season after additional Positive COVID-19 tests from players and at least one other staff member.

Tennessee has it's bye in week 7. Steelers have their bye in week 8. This will be an interesting mess to watch get resolved with rescheduling. NFL better hope this is the only game to need rescheduled. This isn't like MLB where they can do doubleheaders. Might have to push the playoffs back one week for rescheduled games. But even then, what if a team or teams has/have more than one game to reschedule? Yikes.

Steelers have a game against the Ravens Week 7, Ravens have a bye Week 8. They could reschedule that game ahead to Week 8, have the Steelers and the Titans play week 7.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Steelers have a game against the Ravens Week 7, Ravens have a bye Week 8. They could reschedule that game ahead to Week 8, have the Steelers and the Titans play week 7.

Not a bad look. Jerzy’s right tough, it could be a mess. Especially if it happens later in the year when there’s no wriggle room. Tennessee has to get their frikkin Isaiah Simmons (1st round pick) under control, that’s my guess for how it got into the building. He’s been on the COVID list twice and is consistently partying and stuff. Moron.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:

Not a bad look. Jerzy’s right tough, it could be a mess. Especially if it happens later in the year when there’s no wriggle room. Tennessee has to get their frikkin Isaiah Simmons (1st round pick) under control, that’s my guess for how it got into the building. He’s been on the COVID list twice and is consistently partying and stuff. Moron.

Sounds about right.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:46 pm

If Denver loses tonight, I might just start drinking...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:06 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:

Young people partying too much, not wearing masks, and refusing to quarantine when they feel bad are the bane of our existence. Even during football season.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:06 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:If Denver loses tonight, I might just start drinking...

I’ll make you a drink just in case. Whatcha want?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Balticonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Balticonia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Jets for tonight. Glad I remembered in time.
Experienced roleplayer from Lezra, an alternate world. Former WA Delegate. Very detailed history.
Current (non-canon) roleplay: War of Spanish Succession
Slightly outdated national factbook
The Great Austrontan Wars, my best factbook
Kings of Balticonia

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Well, this is off to a good start. My team's defense is so flipping incompetent that Sam Darnold just ran like 50 yards for a touchdown...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Thankfully AT&T added NFL Network back to their lineup, cause I am watching the game on the NFL App on my XBox. lol

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Of course, the Jets fuck up and get PI.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:47 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Not a bad look. Jerzy’s right tough, it could be a mess. Especially if it happens later in the year when there’s no wriggle room. Tennessee has to get their frikkin Isaiah Simmons (1st round pick) under control, that’s my guess for how it got into the building. He’s been on the COVID list twice and is consistently partying and stuff. Moron.

Young people partying too much, not wearing masks, and refusing to quarantine when they feel bad are the bane of our existence. Even during football season.

If the current most prevalent strain of Covid-19 mutated and mortality for these age groups were reversed, I wonder how they'd behave as the most vulnerable group? The deadly 1918 Influenza pandemic came after the young people with a vengeance, not the old, so it's not out of the question.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:If Denver loses tonight, I might just start drinking...

I’ll make you a drink just in case. Whatcha want?

Just give him Ouzo. It'll work wonders on him.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:54 pm

REVENGE! Oh, if Denver somehow wins with Joey Checkdowns filling in for Darnold, I will be happy as a clam. Sweet revenge for him shitting the bed as our QB.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:02 pm

I didn't call it here but I knew some point this season Flacco would be starting in NY. I guess Jete gonna Jete
2023-2024 Buffalo Bills Season Failed

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Well, this is off to a good start. My team's defense is so flipping incompetent that Sam Darnold just ran like 50 yards for a touchdown...

I have your teams Defense in fantasy (my strategy has been take the D playing the jets and if its taken, take the D playing the Giants) so they better not screw it up.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Desir got Mossed by Jeudy!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:06 pm

Imagine once upon the time being Super Bowl MVP and eight years later your job is backup QB for the Jets.
Last edited by Kohr on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:14 pm

Kohr wrote:Imagine once upon the time being Super Bowl MVP and eight years later your job is backup QB for the Jets.

All because of some stupid running back named Lamar (who so happens to be miles ahead of you in talent makes smart decisions)

Anyways I like Rypien and hopes he succeeds but know in the back of my mind that if he gets injured or flops we get the ultimate QB Battle:
JOE FLACCO v. BLAKE BORTLES

Update: Sams back in. No epic checkdown duel apparently
Last edited by Oxes Republic on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:26 pm

How the fuck was that unnecessary roughness!?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:How the fuck was that unnecessary roughness!?

Good description by the rules analyst. The long-snapper didn't get into a position where he could defend himself, so until then he's considered a defenseless player.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:42 pm

I originally thought, by watching that play in real-time, that it would have been a targeting call.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:48 pm

That is definitely a touchdown.

Sync up both views, and that ball is in before he hit the ground.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General