NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:50 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:They'll get one against...the browns, if Watson is suspended.

Who's the Browns' backup if Watson gets suspended?

Jacoby Brissett, I think.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:14 am

I was amused.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:20 pm

Window Land wrote:I was amused.

I bet UTree would do this.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:55 pm

Window Land wrote:I was amused.

:lol: Excellent share
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:24 am

Oh, come on! Was being owned by Wal-Mart not enough? Now I've also gotta deal with someone from the Bush white house on top of that?
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:50 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, come on! Was being owned by Wal-Mart not enough? Now I've also gotta deal with someone from the Bush white house on top of that?

She has a long association with Denver, having moved there with her family at age 13. She has her BA and he PhD from the University of Denver. Of course, she is a life-long fan of the Browns, but still, I wasn't surprised by the news.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:41 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, come on! Was being owned by Wal-Mart not enough? Now I've also gotta deal with someone from the Bush white house on top of that?

She has a long association with Denver, having moved there with her family at age 13. She has her BA and he PhD from the University of Denver. Of course, she is a life-long fan of the Browns, but still, I wasn't surprised by the news.

She has said many times she wanted to be an NFL owner, good for her
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:25 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:She has a long association with Denver, having moved there with her family at age 13. She has her BA and he PhD from the University of Denver. Of course, she is a life-long fan of the Browns, but still, I wasn't surprised by the news.

She has said many times she wanted to be an NFL owner, good for her

Yep. Why not!?

Too bad there wasn't a L'il Bush episode forecasting Ms. Rice's NFL team's future. Like those well known moments of clairvoyance The Simpsons have tallied over the years. Poor L'ol L'il Bush.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:31 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Yep. Why not!?

Because I don't like the idea of my favorite football team being owned by the mouthpiece of a war criminal bumpkin from Texas, and the literally heartless guy who ran the show. That's why.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:57 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Yep. Why not!?

Because I don't like the idea of my favorite football team being owned by the mouthpiece of a war criminal bumpkin from Texas, and the literally heartless guy who ran the show. That's why.

Would you like me to bring up Tom Brady again to distract you?

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:34 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Because I don't like the idea of my favorite football team being owned by the mouthpiece of a war criminal bumpkin from Texas, and the literally heartless guy who ran the show. That's why.

Would you like me to bring up Tom Brady again to distract you?

Heh.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Yep. Why not!?

press f to pay respect mate

Farnhamia wrote:

It's an understandable move. Of course, it's fine for Ameriganastan to dislike it. But this move by Condoleezza Rice to join the Broncos org? Perfectly understandable.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:53 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Yep. Why not!?

Hey, at least she's not planning on moving the team to St. Louis, so it could be worse. I bet you wouldn't live in a condo bc it's name reminds you of Condy too.

Perhaps you think Condy is an infiltrator Browns fan just looking for revenge for those 1980s losses in the AFC Championship games? The Drive and The Fumble.

Anyhoo, if it's that upsetting just root for another NFL team now. Maybe one in Ohio, closer to Kentucky. :meh:
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:48 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Because I don't like the idea of my favorite football team being owned by the mouthpiece of a war criminal bumpkin from Texas, and the literally heartless guy who ran the show. That's why.

Hey, at least she's not planning on moving the team to St. Louis, so it could be worse. I bet you wouldn't live in a condo bc it's name reminds you of Condy too.

Perhaps you think Condy is an infiltrator Browns fan just looking for revenge for those 1980s losses in the AFC Championship games? The Drive and The Fumble.

Anyhoo, if it's that upsetting just root for another NFL team now. Maybe one in Ohio, closer to Kentucky. :meh:

Or the team from the Bayou, ya know, named after a religious holiday....
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:50 pm

New Poll! And I finally filled out the AFC's individual team websites in the OP after like, a year lol.
Lumi is my NS mom

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:54 pm

Ranoria wrote:New Poll! And I finally filled out the AFC's individual team websites in the OP after like, a year lol.

Good job, noob! :rofl:

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:20 pm

Ranoria wrote:New Poll! And I finally filled out the AFC's individual team websites in the OP after like, a year lol.

Like 'how many games Watson gets suspended for ' Preseason poll

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Pointy Shark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 30, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pointy Shark » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:21 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

Like 'how many games Watson gets suspended for ' Preseason poll

I guess 0.
Last edited by Pointy Shark on Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:29 pm

Watson and NFLPA plan to sue if he's suspended.

How do these people sleep at night?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Watson and NFLPA plan to sue if he's suspended.

They represent the players, not the girls.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:33 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Watson and NFLPA plan to sue if he's suspended.

^Yep, doing their job, just like a state attorney or whatever. I think the fact that almost his entire contract is guaranteed against suspension will make that harder, but honestly if this dude is allowed to play the NFL as a whole has bigger problems.
Last edited by Ranoria on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:46 pm

So, we are 15 days until the 2022 NFL Hall of Fame Game and 22 days from the 2022 NFL Pre-Season.

Who's ready?

I know I am going to try and do a successful defence of my Title as the furrent reigning NationStates NFL Thread Picks League Champion.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:52 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:So, we are 15 days until the 2022 NFL Hall of Fame Game and 22 days from the 2022 NFL Pre-Season.

Who's ready?

I know I am going to try and do a successful defence of my Title as the furrent reigning NationStates NFL Thread Picks League Champion.

Yay, almost time for another losing season in Denver. Woo hoo...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:00 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:So, we are 15 days until the 2022 NFL Hall of Fame Game and 22 days from the 2022 NFL Pre-Season.

Who's ready?

We are # 6!!!

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

^Yep, doing their job, just like a state attorney or whatever. I think the fact that almost his entire contract is guaranteed against suspension will make that harder, but honestly if this dude is allowed to play the NFL as a whole has bigger problems.

He got his contract guaranteed against a suspension??? That is a god level agent.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General