NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:50 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Admittedly, Sharky makes some good points. Unfortunately we fuss and maw and whatever over football being political, but in some instances you really can’t hop away from it. A lot of politics have gone into the NFL being what it is today.

We live in a day and age where most everything and anything is over politicized. This thread does not have to overtly add to that heaping stack of poli-overkill. Can we focus more on football itself? BTW, paying your child support is good. :blink:

Oh look! I see where Pro Football Focus is ranking the Ravens secondary as the #1 unit. :)

Let's see if I can remember off the top of my head - Jimmy Smith, Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Kyle Hamilton...and then I forget his name but do they still have that FA signing at the other safety spot who was a really good player? Tony Jefferson (had to google to find out his name, oops)

That's one hell of a unit, three corners who I'd say could be CB1 in most places and standout safeties.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:01 am

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:We live in a day and age where most everything and anything is over politicized. This thread does not have to overtly add to that heaping stack of poli-overkill. Can we focus more on football itself? BTW, paying your child support is good. :blink:

Oh look! I see where Pro Football Focus is ranking the Ravens secondary as the #1 unit. :)

Let's see if I can remember off the top of my head - Jimmy Smith, Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Kyle Hamilton...and then I forget his name but do they still have that FA signing at the other safety spot who was a really good player? Tony Jefferson (had to google to find out his name, oops)

That's one hell of a unit, three corners who I'd say could be CB1 in most places and standout safeties.

A consistent pass rush wold make this defense quite formidable. Don't know if we have that element yet.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:19 am

Note

It is officially 34 Days until the Hall of Fame Game between the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Las Vegas Raiders at the Tom Benson Memorial Stadium in Canton, Ohio!
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL RND 2: NYR 1 - 0 CAR | VAN 0 - 0 EDM | FLA 0 - 0 BOS | DAL 0 - 0 COL
NCAA MBB: Tulane 26-22 | LSU 31-18 || NCAA WSB: LSU 38-14

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:59 am

Fentanyl and Cocaine were the cause of death of LB Jaylon Ferguson according to ME.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... l-examiner

Horrible.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:05 am

Jerzylvania wrote:Fentanyl and Cocaine were the cause of death of LB Jaylon Ferguson according to ME.

Horrible.

Truly horrible though this is why one shouldn't do drugs. The risk is not worth it.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:38 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Fentanyl and Cocaine were the cause of death of LB Jaylon Ferguson according to ME.

Horrible.

Truly horrible though this is why one shouldn't do drugs. The risk is not worth it.

And furthermore, "don't let the drugs do you". This slogan is what i heard on campus back at college, back in the day. Basically same idea, different POV.

A lot of the drugs out there today are more potent though. Beware people, it's a form of gambling with your life. You don't wanna put that chip on the table.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:41 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

And furthermore, "don't let the drugs do you". This slogan is what i heard on campus back at college, back in the day. Basically same idea, different POV.

A lot of the drugs out there today are more potent though. Beware people, it's a form of gambling with your life. You don't wanna put that chip on the table.

Yep. I often call it playing Russian roulette. Hard for me to understand the temptation - and echoing others, stay the hell away from this stuff.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:00 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Very true words. And he was a super-young player and person in general. It's really awful to see.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:04 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:08 pm

I hope Watson gets suspended for the year.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Pointy Shark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 30, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pointy Shark » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:48 pm

Well if he actually recovered from his injury then that should be about 2 wins added to the Panthers record.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

I hope Watson gets suspended for the year.

Not out of the question. Would suit me fine.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:37 pm

Pointy Shark wrote:

Well if he actually recovered from his injury then that should be about 2 wins added to the Panthers record.

Both wins against Atlanta. Seeing as those two always fight for the bottom slot in the NFC South.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:24 pm

Pointy Shark wrote:

Betting odds say Panthers are up from over/under of 6 wins to over/under of 6.5 with the Mayfield trade - so that's something! Only wish the best for him. I think the Browns were right to move on but the direction they went to do so is sickening. Just grab Jimmy GQ or something and call it a day, cripe.
Lumi is my NS mom

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:02 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Pointy Shark wrote:Well if he actually recovered from his injury then that should be about 2 wins added to the Panthers record.

Both wins against Atlanta. Seeing as those two always fight for the bottom slot in the NFC South.

They'll get one against...the browns, if Watson is suspended.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:32 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:Both wins against Atlanta. Seeing as those two always fight for the bottom slot in the NFC South.

They'll get one against...the browns, if Watson is suspended.

Who's the Browns' backup if Watson gets suspended?

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:36 am

Shazbotdom wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:They'll get one against...the browns, if Watson is suspended.

jacoby brissett
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:41 am

I never realized there was an NFL thread all this time. Sad i had to see it during off seaso..ughh

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions
Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:19 am

Bendicion wrote:I never realized there was an NFL thread all this time. Sad i had to see it during off seaso..ughh

Come back in a few months for the picks league!

Pointy Shark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 30, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pointy Shark » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:56 am

Ranoria wrote:
Pointy Shark wrote:Well if he actually recovered from his injury then that should be about 2 wins added to the Panthers record.

Betting odds say Panthers are up from over/under of 6 wins to over/under of 6.5 with the Mayfield trade - so that's something! Only wish the best for him. I think the Browns were right to move on but the direction they went to do so is sickening. Just grab Jimmy GQ or something and call it a day, cripe.

6 before the trade? Were they seriously counting CMC as a factor?

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:They'll get one against...the browns, if Watson is suspended.

Johnny Football

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:39 pm

Bendicion wrote:I never realized there was an NFL thread all this time. Sad i had to see it during off seaso..ughh

Welcome aboard! Someone's always posting, we're glad to have you! :3
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:46 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:Who's the Browns' backup if Watson gets suspended?

Johnny Football

Plz bring my man back :lol:

Surprised so many of you think Walker was a better pick than Hutch!
Lumi is my NS mom

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Johnny Football

Plz bring my man back :lol:

Manzel was pretty bad, tbh.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:52 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Plz bring my man back :lol:

Manzel was pretty bad, tbh.

Oh absolutely, man was a dumpster fire, but oh boy was he fun in college. :lol:

Honestly, never could figure out why they put him in over Brian Hoyer - Hoyer was doing pretty well for the Browns. Stats were bad but Cleveland was 7-6 in 2014 and Hoyer had been 3-0 as a starter for them in 2013, then they threw Manziel in and lost their last 3 games. Hoyer only attempted 13 more passes once he was benched.

Actually, now that I say that - the Browns had been 6-3, but went on a 1-3 stretch in which Hoyer had a 1/8 TD/INT ratio and completed just 74 of 150 passes, plus two fumbles. Guess they had to pull the plug at some point in a bid to save what had been a promising season.
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General