NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:47 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Felony DUI charge for Britt Reid. Oh, he's gonna be doing some hard time.

Couldn't he do easy time? It's like when you're still in prison but you get a a large comfortable room, massage services, good food etc. Sounds better than hard time.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:20 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Felony DUI charge for Britt Reid. Oh, he's gonna be doing some hard time.

Couldn't he do easy time? It's like when you're still in prison but you get a a large comfortable room, massage services, good food etc. Sounds better than hard time.

Considering that the man severely injured a child and nearly killed her, I don't think most of us particularly care what's easier for Britt Reid. Actions have consequences and it's time for him to face his. Comfort is not in his future, nor should it be.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 am

Kowani wrote:Nike, Beats (the headphone company) end endorsement deal and partnership with Deshaun Watson

...i feel like that's the sort of thing you should wait for proof to do, but it's not really an enviable situation either way

Yeah, but if they feel it will hurt their brand, they can kill a contract whenever they wish. And with more and more coming out of the woodwork every few days, I think that they should be ending the endorsements if they so please.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:27 am

CoraSpia wrote:

Easy time for almost killing a small child while drunk driving? Yeah no.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:29 am

Idzequitch wrote:Julian Edelman is announcing his retirement.

Reports say he played on a bad knee injury for a while, which first of all should be a reason to sue the NFL if they demanded he play on it. Nevertheless, great WR I’ve enjoyed watching for years, also a very fun and interesting person. I wish him the best going into retirement!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:37 am

Idzequitch wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Couldn't he do easy time? It's like when you're still in prison but you get a a large comfortable room, massage services, good food etc. Sounds better than hard time.

Considering that the man severely injured a child and nearly killed her, I don't think most of us particularly care what's easier for Britt Reid. Actions have consequences and it's time for him to face his. Comfort is not in his future, nor should it be.

Eh...DWI shouldn't even be a crime imho. Life comes with risks, and one of those is that some people might not be as careful as you.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:41 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Considering that the man severely injured a child and nearly killed her, I don't think most of us particularly care what's easier for Britt Reid. Actions have consequences and it's time for him to face his. Comfort is not in his future, nor should it be.

Eh...DWI shouldn't even be a crime imho. Life comes with risks, and one of those is that some people might not be as careful as you.

...I severely hope you're joking right now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:44 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Eh...DWI shouldn't even be a crime imho. Life comes with risks, and one of those is that some people might not be as careful as you.

I guess that broncos fans haven't given up on Drew Lock yet, so you're used to false hope. No, I am not.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:47 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...I severely hope you're joking right now.

I guess that broncos fans haven't given up on Drew Lock yet, so you're used to false hope. No, I am not.

Tell me, have you ever lost a family member because a dumbass was out there driving drunk? I have. Twice. So how about you just shut up right Goddamn now.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:49 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:

Tell me, have you ever lost a family member because a dumbass was out there driving drunk? I have. Twice. So how about you just shut up right Goddamn now.

I have. I've lost a friend who was a passenger in a drunk drivers car (unknowingly) as well.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:50 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Tell me, have you ever lost a family member because a dumbass was out there driving drunk? I have. Twice. So how about you just shut up right Goddamn now.

I have. I've lost a friend who was a passenger in a drunk drivers car (unknowingly) as well.

And yet you're sitting here saying it shouldn't be a crime. What is wrong with you?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:55 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:

And yet you're sitting here saying it shouldn't be a crime. What is wrong with you?

You'll struggle to find things that I think should be crimes, aside from obviously intentional acts. If he had deliberately hit the car it would be a whole different story for me.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:56 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:And yet you're sitting here saying it shouldn't be a crime. What is wrong with you?

You'll struggle to find things that I think should be crimes, aside from obviously intentional acts. If he had deliberately hit the car it would be a whole different story for me.

Yeah, you're now on permanent ignore. Goodbye.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:57 am

Idzequitch wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Couldn't he do easy time? It's like when you're still in prison but you get a a large comfortable room, massage services, good food etc. Sounds better than hard time.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love Andy and don't want this to be taken as criticism of him, but Britt is a POS.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:29 am

Ranoria wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Considering that the man severely injured a child and nearly killed her, I don't think most of us particularly care what's easier for Britt Reid. Actions have consequences and it's time for him to face his. Comfort is not in his future, nor should it be.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love Andy and don't want this to be taken as criticism of him, but Britt is a POS.

Britt Reid should be locked away from everyone else for the sake of everyone else. Any man who does Adderall with liquor and then to top that off goes for a drive and permanently injures a little girl does not belong in a civilized society and is a danger to everyone around them.

I deal with menchildren like Britt Reid all the time. At night on the road, I see annoying fucking idiots in their Chargers and Corvettes driving like maniacs and putting people at risk. As someone who unfortunately personally knows many of these types, they're often on drugs like the ones Britt was on, and they make driving a scary and dangerous experience for me and everyone else. I would love nothing more than to put people like this on a deserted island and say "cry about it."
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:42 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Eh...DWI shouldn't even be a crime imho. Life comes with risks, and one of those is that some people might not be as careful as you.

...inebriated behind the keyboard maybe? Well, that's better than behind the wheel of a Corvair. Remember those?
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:24 am

Kohr wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Julian Edelman is announcing his retirement.

Good riddance!

ditto

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:13 pm

Luminesa wrote:

Easy time for almost killing a small child while drunk driving? Yeah no.

Hard or easy is dependent on the risk you set to the system not so much what you did.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:58 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:And yet you're sitting here saying it shouldn't be a crime. What is wrong with you?

He deliberately set out in a car that he knew he couldn't drive safely, as he was intoxicated. He knew (or at the very least should have known) he was a danger to everyone else's safety and he started driving anyway. Illegal DWI/DUI is just common sense. No one else wants to live in the hellish dystopia you seem to be pining for, GVH. Give it a rest.

Fortunately it is not your opinion that matters in this case anyway. The bottom line is that Britt Reid will likely be spending the foreseeable future in a cell, as he clearly should.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Awesomeland
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Awesomeland » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm

CoraSpia wrote:You'll struggle to find things that I think should be crimes, aside from obviously intentional acts. If he had deliberately hit the car it would be a whole different story for me.

Criminal negligence is definitely a thing, although a case could be argued that it shouldn't necessarily be a crime if he doesn't hit anyone. It's not a position I would necessarily defend, but it would be logically consistent from a consequentialist standpoint.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am

Idzequitch wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:You'll struggle to find things that I think should be crimes, aside from obviously intentional acts. If he had deliberately hit the car it would be a whole different story for me.

He deliberately set out in a car that he knew he couldn't drive safely, as he was intoxicated. He knew (or at the very least should have known) he was a danger to everyone else's safety and he started driving anyway. Illegal DWI/DUI is just common sense. No one else wants to live in the hellish dystopia you seem to be pining for, GVH. Give it a rest.

Fortunately it is not your opinion that matters in this case anyway. The bottom line is that Britt Reid will likely be spending the foreseeable future in a cell, as he clearly should.

Britt should be limited to driving tricycles after he gets out of stir.

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:36 am

Bengals will unveil their new uniforms on Monday.
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 am

Jadeveon Clowney is going to Cleveland.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:10 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:Bengals will unveil their new uniforms on Monday.

*Bungals

Ameriganastan wrote:Jadeveon Clowney is going to Cleveland.

Wonder if having Myles Garrett on the other side will help him out at all.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:49 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General