NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 pm

Pluvie wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Spoiler alert: Get swept by the Titans and lose the division again. :p

Disclaimer: This is obligatory smack talk. It is an automated response and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the poster. :lol:

ROOD ;-; not gonna say you're wrong tho >.> In all seriousness though, for a Colts fan, I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Titans too and I'll be excited to see what Vrabel cooks up next season, if that involves stomping the Colts, I may cry but that is okay :p
Luminesa wrote:Oh definitely. I can see Lattimore and Brown walking. The Saints have learned a hard lesson from letting most of their team walk in 2012, and I think they are recognizing that once Drew leaves, they'll need most of their core there to preserve some of their momentum as they transition. They REALLY need to restructure any contracts they can on that O-Line.

Oh for sure, I wouldn't be surprised if this year or next year is Brees' last season and they cannot just give up and go into rebuild mode after he leaves, they have far too many pieces. I agree, Brown and Lattimore could definitely see other teams this offseason, I could see Kamara possibly being shopped around as well just considering the replaceability of the current runningback position, but also given Sean Payton's running style, I would see it as a pretty big loss if they had to. I'll be interested to see what they do in coming months :D

Not sure about Kamara, but definitely Lattimore and possibly Rankins. Kamara is a pretty big player, they're gonna do what they can to keep him. IF they can afford it.

Though we really need to trade someone for a TE now.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:22 pm

Luminesa wrote:Not sure about Kamara, but definitely Lattimore and possibly Rankins. Kamara is a pretty big player, they're gonna do what they can to keep him. IF they can afford it.

Hmm actually come to think of it, I hadn't really thought about Rankins as somebody who could be cut. After some further research, I forgot they restructured his contract last year so that he would be able to be cut this year with no financial penalties and with that in mind I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. That would certainly clear some cap space and I'm not sure how big of an issue it would be for them considering their depth on the defensive line.

The reason I say Kamara is because if you really look at his impact on the team, he's far from the most consistent runningback in the league. 2020 was a high year, 2019 was a low one. And I do see him as a major piece in the Saints offense, don't get me wrong. I think trading Kamara would probably be a foolish situation given his impact. But I also increasingly see young runningbacks moving around and more offenses relying on a committee backfield and succeeding. The league has really adopted a thought process that runningbacks are expendable in recent years, and I have trouble believing in the stability of the runningback position anymore. That being said, I would be very sad to see Kamara go.

As for tight end, I'm not sure that's the Saints biggest need right now. There's a couple of positions that will become huge holes if guys don't get re-signed. Marcus Williams and the free safety position come to mind. Now in most of these instances I would usually just say the Saints re-sign them but considering their cap disability this offseason, I can't see them keeping every major piece on the team. I think positions like interior offensive line could very easily become a problem. Nick Easton is gone and the remaining players there are competent but few. If injuries happen on the O line (and they always do), that is going to be nothing short of disaster for Brees (or another quarterback if he retires). And especially for Brees, as a pocket passer type, a solid offensive line has been one of the most major pieces of the Saints' more successful years.

Another position would be linebacker, a position that has been the key to the Saints success for years. They have Demario Davis, but other than that, Zach Baun had a disappointing 2020, Alex Anzalone is injury prone, Kwon Alexander is not even a guarantee he'll remain on the team. They need another solid piece there to make up for a lack of consistency and depth that will really glare if that position gets any weaker.

Of course quarterback is another position if Brees retires because I really don't have a tooooon of faith in Jameis Winston, and as much as I absolutely adore Taysom Hill, I don't think he's necessarily a franchise quarterback, just a guy who can always add a little spice of athleticism to the game. He's also 30 which doesn't help with said athleticism. If anything, I could see the Saints trading up for one of the really good quarterbacks in this years class and training them under another guy for a year.

Now I can of course see the argument for tight end as well. With all due respect, I don't believe Adam Trautman is the future of the franchise. But I also think tight end is not necessarily the most coveted position in the league and is something that some solid easy free agency signings could solve. I don't think they could afford picking up an elite piece like Kyle Pitts or Pat Freiermuth in the draft and to be honest, I really don't think they need to. They don't need an elite prospect there, just somebody who can do their job and be a safety option for Brees. Somebody like Jacob Hollister or Mycole Pruitt if they end up hitting the market. And especially considering cap restrictions, I can't imagine too much elite talent going into the tight end position.

PS: Yes I did use a small comment about tight ends to critique the needs of the entire Saints franchise ;)
You're Beautiful!! Have a great day
Writer, editor, and generally curious cat
Let me know if you ever need help with writing or editing and I’m always willing to lend a helpful hand!
Feel free to telegram or dm me on discord!
Have a heckin day ^-^

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:35 pm

Pluvie wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Not sure about Kamara, but definitely Lattimore and possibly Rankins. Kamara is a pretty big player, they're gonna do what they can to keep him. IF they can afford it.

Hmm actually come to think of it, I hadn't really thought about Rankins as somebody who could be cut. After some further research, I forgot they restructured his contract last year so that he would be able to be cut this year with no financial penalties and with that in mind I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. That would certainly clear some cap space and I'm not sure how big of an issue it would be for them considering their depth on the defensive line.

The reason I say Kamara is because if you really look at his impact on the team, he's far from the most consistent runningback in the league. 2020 was a high year, 2019 was a low one. And I do see him as a major piece in the Saints offense, don't get me wrong. I think trading Kamara would probably be a foolish situation given his impact. But I also increasingly see young runningbacks moving around and more offenses relying on a committee backfield and succeeding. The league has really adopted a thought process that runningbacks are expendable in recent years, and I have trouble believing in the stability of the runningback position anymore. That being said, I would be very sad to see Kamara go.

As for tight end, I'm not sure that's the Saints biggest need right now. There's a couple of positions that will become huge holes if guys don't get re-signed. Marcus Williams and the free safety position come to mind. Now in most of these instances I would usually just say the Saints re-sign them but considering their cap disability this offseason, I can't see them keeping every major piece on the team. I think positions like interior offensive line could very easily become a problem. Nick Easton is gone and the remaining players there are competent but few. If injuries happen on the O line (and they always do), that is going to be nothing short of disaster for Brees (or another quarterback if he retires). And especially for Brees, as a pocket passer type, a solid offensive line has been one of the most major pieces of the Saints' more successful years.

Another position would be linebacker, a position that has been the key to the Saints success for years. They have Demario Davis, but other than that, Zach Baun had a disappointing 2020, Alex Anzalone is injury prone, Kwon Alexander is not even a guarantee he'll remain on the team. They need another solid piece there to make up for a lack of consistency and depth that will really glare if that position gets any weaker.

Of course quarterback is another position if Brees retires because I really don't have a tooooon of faith in Jameis Winston, and as much as I absolutely adore Taysom Hill, I don't think he's necessarily a franchise quarterback, just a guy who can always add a little spice of athleticism to the game. He's also 30 which doesn't help with said athleticism. If anything, I could see the Saints trading up for one of the really good quarterbacks in this years class and training them under another guy for a year.

Now I can of course see the argument for tight end as well. With all due respect, I don't believe Adam Trautman is the future of the franchise. But I also think tight end is not necessarily the most coveted position in the league and is something that some solid easy free agency signings could solve. I don't think they could afford picking up an elite piece like Kyle Pitts or Pat Freiermuth in the draft and to be honest, I really don't think they need to. They don't need an elite prospect there, just somebody who can do their job and be a safety option for Brees. Somebody like Jacob Hollister or Mycole Pruitt if they end up hitting the market. And especially considering cap restrictions, I can't imagine too much elite talent going into the tight end position.

PS: Yes I did use a small comment about tight ends to critique the needs of the entire Saints franchise ;)

I don't think TE is our top need, though it will help Jameis Winston/Taysom Hill/Russell Wilson to have a lot of options. Linebacker depth would help Demario Davis, I really like Anzalone but he does have trouble hanging around. Kwon Alexander is great, I'd like to keep him if possible. Safety/secondary is always a problem for the Saints, which is why losing Lattimore would be a blow, but is rather likely unless they can restructure his contract.

It's no problem! We have a fair bit of things we need to solve for long-term success, but I think Mickey Loomis and the Saints front-office have done everything they can to avoid looking like the Texans.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:58 am

Luminesa wrote:I don't think TE is our top need, though it will help Jameis Winston/Taysom Hill/Russell Wilson to have a lot of options. Linebacker depth would help Demario Davis, I really like Anzalone but he does have trouble hanging around. Kwon Alexander is great, I'd like to keep him if possible. Safety/secondary is always a problem for the Saints, which is why losing Lattimore would be a blow, but is rather likely unless they can restructure his contract.

It's no problem! We have a fair bit of things we need to solve for long-term success, but I think Mickey Loomis and the Saints front-office have done everything they can to avoid looking like the Texans.

I agree on most points there. Whoever the Saints qb may be, a tight end would be helpful, just I'm not sure if elite tight end would be necessarily feasible. Kwon Alexander is a great linebacker if he stays and that would certainly at least help Demario Davis and that core. Secondary does seem to be a problem that always plagues the Saints in some capacity xD It would help to keep Marcus Williams around, he is an elite FS and if they lose him and Lattimore I think that could be a problem. And yeah I do think the Saints' front office has done a lot better job than a lot of teams have done this offseason, they just also started with such an enormous deficit to fill and I don't know how much they'll be able to create long term pieces this offseason. At least if they continue to keep the current core together
Let me know if you ever need help with writing or editing and I’m always willing to lend a helpful hand!
Have a heckin day ^-^

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:35 pm

Pluvie wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I don't think TE is our top need, though it will help Jameis Winston/Taysom Hill/Russell Wilson to have a lot of options. Linebacker depth would help Demario Davis, I really like Anzalone but he does have trouble hanging around. Kwon Alexander is great, I'd like to keep him if possible. Safety/secondary is always a problem for the Saints, which is why losing Lattimore would be a blow, but is rather likely unless they can restructure his contract.

I agree on most points there. Whoever the Saints qb may be, a tight end would be helpful, just I'm not sure if elite tight end would be necessarily feasible. Kwon Alexander is a great linebacker if he stays and that would certainly at least help Demario Davis and that core. Secondary does seem to be a problem that always plagues the Saints in some capacity xD It would help to keep Marcus Williams around, he is an elite FS and if they lose him and Lattimore I think that could be a problem. And yeah I do think the Saints' front office has done a lot better job than a lot of teams have done this offseason, they just also started with such an enormous deficit to fill and I don't know how much they'll be able to create long term pieces this offseason. At least if they continue to keep the current core together

If I had to pick between Lattimore and Williams, I would pick Lattimore, but the problem is his contract is bigger. Williams would be decent to keep though. I wouldn't say he's entirely elite, but he's better than some we've had. We do need to do what we can to keep Malcolm Jenkins around. Losing him again scares me. I don't think the Saints will be able to get entirely under the cap, but they're doing their best.
-Alan Jackson

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Kowani wrote:Major broadcast deals are about to make NFL owners even more obscenely wealthy

Probably within the next week, those 32 multi-millionaires/billionaires will see their future earnings increase exponentially. The league is on the verge of extending its broadcast deals with its current partners, and with a new full-time rights holder in Amazon likely acquiring streaming rights.

The astronomical numbers figure to double in many cases, displaying once more that despite a pandemic, lower ratings for the 2020 season, and the waves of viewers finding alternate ways to watch games, the NFL is the most desirable of all commodities for broadcasters.

That’s particularly evident when it comes to television. Though the networks, mainly Disney-owned ESPN/ABC, may have balked at the rights fees the NFL is seeking over the next decade, they also pretty much are swallowing hard and ponying up.

ESPN spent the most in the current deal at $1.9 billion annually, which provided it the Monday night showcase and some playoff representation. The league is eager for some of the Monday nighters to land on free-to-air ABC, while Disney is even more eager to get back into the Super Bowl mix on ABC.

The price tag probably won’t approach $2 billion per season, but it will increase substantially. And only ESPN’s deal ends after the upcoming season; the rest go through 2022.

Fox currently has a Sunday afternoon package of primarily NFC games and the Thursday night package at $1.76 billion per year. Amazon — with cable’s NFL Network, owned by the league — is in line to grab the prime-time portion, but Fox’s fee for the Sunday games could double from $1.1 billion.

CBS, which once had the Thursday night package, is paying $1 billion a year for the Sunday afternoon AFC-dominated telecasts and also seems headed for doubling that.

NBC, which has next February’s Super Bowl — potentially in the middle of the Winter Olympics that the network also broadcasts — has been paying $950 million a year for the prized Sunday night deal. That, too, could double in rights fees.

Amazon’s buy-in is projected in the $1 billion range. And then there’s the DirecTV Sunday Ticket package of out-of-town telecasts, which is at $1.5 billion annually and figures to jump to $2 billion or so — with several bidders lined up.

So, from $7.185 billion a year to, say, $12 billion is in the ballpark.

This is a dog bites man story, Kowani. But thanks for that ...reminding us the NFL is fueled much more by greed than good deeds. :m
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:00 pm

Detroit continues to be stupid:
https://www.nfl.com/news/lions-won-t-us ... y-golladay

Not aware of their cap situation, but the Lions are flipping stupid for letting him walk anyway.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Tag! Marcus Williams is it!

Welp, Pluvie was right! Now what to do about Lattimore.
-Alan Jackson

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:22 pm

Official 2021 NFL Salary Cap is $180MM $182.5MM.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Luminesa wrote:Detroit continues to be stupid:
https://www.nfl.com/news/lions-won-t-us ... y-golladay

Not aware of their cap situation, but the Lions are flipping stupid for letting him walk anyway.

*salivates over the idea of Tennessee with him and AJ brown*
*remember Tennessee is not in a great cap spot either*

We did trade Isaiah Wilson for a swap of 7th rounders though, and dumped Malcolm Butler. He was streaky for us. And by streaky, I mean okay on a good day and getting burnt like the #2 corner on an FBS team on a bad day. Adoree is still our best corner, and he was out all last season, and we did get Desmond King, who I think is a pretty good player.

The Isaiah Wilson trade actually cost us some cap room, but if we hadn't made that deal, we probably would've had to release him, and then we're just paying him more. Dude's an all time draft bust, ridiculously embarrassing for the organization.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:Tag! Marcus Williams is it!

Dang I'm good 8) Naw but in all honesty, I think this was a great decision on the Saints' part. I love Marcus WIlliams as a player and I think he still has a lot of potential to grow even more.
Jerzylvania wrote:Official 2021 NFL Salary Cap is $180 MM.

That seems pretty close to the estimated cap most people thought it would be tbh, glad there's no surprises there.
Ranoria wrote:We did trade Isaiah Wilson for a swap of 7th rounders though, and dumped Malcolm Butler. He was streaky for us. And by streaky, I mean okay on a good day and getting burnt like the #2 corner on an FBS team on a bad day. Adoree is still our best corner, and he was out all last season, and we did get Desmond King, who I think is a pretty good player.

The Isaiah Wilson trade actually cost us some cap room, but if we hadn't made that deal, we probably would've had to release him, and then we're just paying him more. Dude's an all time draft bust, ridiculously embarrassing for the organization.

Isaiah Wilson is a sad story of self destruction. Maybe he'll get a new start on the Dolphins, knowing their new leadership, they've been pretty good at that type of thing so far so who knows? I think the trade is a reasonable one though, the Titans get a late round pick and the Dolphins get a #2 or #3 lineman.

I agree on Malcolm Butler as well. His peak was superbowl 49 and I don't think he was ever really and truly an elite corner. I think cutting him is a good move, Adoree Jackson is amazing and Desmond King is solid if nothing else. They save some money and get a return rather than having to cut the dude
Have a heckin day ^-^

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:25 pm

Pluvie wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Tag! Marcus Williams is it!

Dang I'm good 8) Naw but in all honesty, I think this was a great decision on the Saints' part. I love Marcus WIlliams as a player and I think he still has a lot of potential to grow even more.
Jerzylvania wrote:Official 2021 NFL Salary Cap is $180 MM.

That seems pretty close to the estimated cap most people thought it would be tbh, glad there's no surprises there.
Ranoria wrote:We did trade Isaiah Wilson for a swap of 7th rounders though, and dumped Malcolm Butler. He was streaky for us. And by streaky, I mean okay on a good day and getting burnt like the #2 corner on an FBS team on a bad day. Adoree is still our best corner, and he was out all last season, and we did get Desmond King, who I think is a pretty good player.

Isaiah Wilson is a sad story of self destruction. Maybe he'll get a new start on the Dolphins, knowing their new leadership, they've been pretty good at that type of thing so far so who knows? I think the trade is a reasonable one though, the Titans get a late round pick and the Dolphins get a #2 or #3 lineman.

I agree on Malcolm Butler as well. His peak was superbowl 49 and I don't think he was ever really and truly an elite corner. I think cutting him is a good move, Adoree Jackson is amazing and Desmond King is solid if nothing else. They save some money and get a return rather than having to cut the dude

Pretty much! I liked the Butler signing at the time but just didn't do what we needed him to do.

And while I agree, Marcus Williams is a solid player, I still would have cut him literally before he got to the sideline on...well, you know the play. :(
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:39 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Pluvie wrote:Dang I'm good 8) Naw but in all honesty, I think this was a great decision on the Saints' part. I love Marcus WIlliams as a player and I think he still has a lot of potential to grow even more.

Pretty much! I liked the Butler signing at the time but just didn't do what we needed him to do.

And while I agree, Marcus Williams is a solid player, I still would have cut him literally before he got to the sideline on...well, you know the play. :(

My boy, I don’t have enough aspirin to think about it, and that was 3 years ago.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Pretty much! I liked the Butler signing at the time but just didn't do what we needed him to do.

My boy, I don’t have enough aspirin to think about it, and that was 3 years ago.

Happy thoughts, mom. Happy thoughts.
Lumi is my NS mom

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:54 am

Ranoria wrote:
Pluvie wrote:Dang I'm good 8) Naw but in all honesty, I think this was a great decision on the Saints' part. I love Marcus WIlliams as a player and I think he still has a lot of potential to grow even more.

You know I saw that there was a deep rewind video on that play the other day? I thought that was exceptionally hilarious given that the play was like 3 years ago so like 90% of people would have just seen the play and absolutely not need to see a deep rewind to understand it xD I also find it funny how legendary it is given that they got absolutely rocked in the next game and so in the grand scheme of things, it literally did not matter
Have a heckin day ^-^

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:13 am

Pluvie wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Pretty much! I liked the Butler signing at the time but just didn't do what we needed him to do.

You know I saw that there was a deep rewind video on that play the other day? I thought that was exceptionally hilarious given that the play was like 3 years ago so like 90% of people would have just seen the play and absolutely not need to see a deep rewind to understand it xD I also find it funny how legendary it is given that they got absolutely rocked in the next game and so in the grand scheme of things, it literally did not matter

Absolutely. And as much as I love Drew Brees, I don't think anyone was beating Nick Foles that year. Absolutely insane run by Philadelphia. I had gone into that one 100% expecting Case Keenum to light them up (people forget how good he was that year), and he couldn't do anything to them.

That said, the play is certainly legendary by all accounts. I think winning a playoff game is generally a pretty big deal.
Last edited by Ranoria on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 am

Pluvie wrote:I also find it funny how legendary it is given that they got absolutely rocked in the next game and so in the grand scheme of things, it literally did not matter

I'm going to have to call you out on that one. That play is easily the best memory I have in my decade and a half of following the Vikings, and not even that stupid 38-7 game can take that away from me.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:40 am

Salary Cap is now reportedly bumped up to $182.5 MM.

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Kohr wrote:
Pluvie wrote:I also find it funny how legendary it is given that they got absolutely rocked in the next game and so in the grand scheme of things, it literally did not matter

I'm going to have to call you out on that one. That play is easily the best memory I have in my decade and a half of following the Vikings, and not even that stupid 38-7 game can take that away from me.

Oh my apologies, I didn’t mean for that to be an unkind statement, it was a really awesome play :)
Have a heckin day ^-^

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:25 pm

Pluvie wrote:
Kohr wrote:I'm going to have to call you out on that one. That play is easily the best memory I have in my decade and a half of following the Vikings, and not even that stupid 38-7 game can take that away from me.

Oh my apologies, I didn’t mean for that to be an unkind statement, it was a really awesome play :)

It was what it was. Those of us that only like the Vikings have gotten over it. Those of us who live and die with the Vikes will not and probably cannot ever get over it. It's just game history though. Not like his team pulled up stakes and moved away in the middle of the night. :eyebrow:
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Pluvie wrote:

And yet it still gave me acid reflux just to think about it. Have mercy.
-Alan Jackson

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Pluvie wrote:You know I saw that there was a deep rewind video on that play the other day? I thought that was exceptionally hilarious given that the play was like 3 years ago so like 90% of people would have just seen the play and absolutely not need to see a deep rewind to understand it xD I also find it funny how legendary it is given that they got absolutely rocked in the next game and so in the grand scheme of things, it literally did not matter

And yet it still gave me acid reflux just to think about it. Have mercy.

Maalox had once been a long time sponsor of the NFL. :lol:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Saints have released Emmanuel Sanders to make more cap space. Not really expected or a move I like, but probably necessary at this point.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:Saints have released Emmanuel Sanders to make more cap space. Not really expected or a move I like, but probably necessary at this point.

'Manny Sanders is terribly overrated. He's a product of Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. I'd like to see if Marquez Callaway can step into a bigger role there. 21 catches and a couple hundred yards isn't much production, but with Michael Thomas on the other side he'll certainly get favorable matchups.

Plus, just watching Callaway at TN, I'd argue he's significantly more athletic than Sanders. Not as savvy or as good of a route runner for sure, but the kid's fast as a bullet, he can jump, and he has a knack for coming up with deep balls. You kinda have to learn that skill when you have a Vols QB underthrowing everything over 5 yards.

Michael Thomas is the guy there, regardless. If Drew comes back, and he very well could at this point, he'll make it work.
Lumi is my NS mom

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Saints have released Emmanuel Sanders to make more cap space. Not really expected or a move I like, but probably necessary at this point.

'Manny Sanders is terribly overrated. He's a product of Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. I'd like to see if Marquez Callaway can step into a bigger role there. 21 catches and a couple hundred yards isn't much production, but with Michael Thomas on the other side he'll certainly get favorable matchups.

Plus, just watching Callaway at TN, I'd argue he's significantly more athletic than Sanders. Not as savvy or as good of a route runner for sure, but the kid's fast as a bullet, he can jump, and he has a knack for coming up with deep balls. You kinda have to learn that skill when you have a Vols QB underthrowing everything over 5 yards.

Michael Thomas is the guy there, regardless. If Drew comes back, and he very well could at this point, he'll make it work.

Uhhhhh Sanders had a Super Bowl ring with the Broncos, he had no problem holding his own as a WR. I don’t think Callaway is ready for a comparison to Sanders, but he is definitely looking to take a star role. He has a bright future, I hope we can keep him.

Thomas has a very expensive contract and probably wants to keep making that money despite having less production in 2020. It’ll be a toss-up, but I imagine the Saints are doing their best to try and keep him.
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General