NATION

PASSWORD

Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict: The Great Betrayal

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:04 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote:
I used a map during the peak of the fighting because I was being generous to Shofercia, if I used a current map, it'd be even easier to his point look ridiculous with the clean lines. Perhaps I should have not been generous!

I felt the name and the /aesthetics/ far more fitting. If population relocation is genocide, then it seems the most easily and time proven method of dealing with the issues of a multicultural place despising each other is genocide. We will have to haul quite a few Western leaders before the Hague and alas, Allied Forces will be Nuremburg'd. Its an absurd position to say the least.

You realize that the Azeris attempted to take the Lachin corridor, which is the only decent roadway between Armenia and Artsakh? That would have cut off anyone attempting to flee to Armenia, and likewise anyone trying to get to Artsakh from Armenia. And considering Azerbaijan's history with Armenian minorities, it's not far fetched at all that they would have attempted another pogrom. The 90's weren't that long ago, and their rhetoric hasn't changed, nor have their actions either really considering they opened up this conflict by shelling civilian centers.

Mmhm. Yes, if there were in a just world a great deal many Westerners would end up before the Hague. I think it's completely fair and consistent to say that.

One that was being used for military purposes. There are more roadways than that in region. I don't know if you've traveled that part of the world but even google maps shows that isn't true. You're stretching to justify hysterical fears borne of a 19th century mythos. Spare me please.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:24 am

Vapormancer wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
You realize that the Azeris attempted to take the Lachin corridor, which is the only decent roadway between Armenia and Artsakh? That would have cut off anyone attempting to flee to Armenia, and likewise anyone trying to get to Artsakh from Armenia. And considering Azerbaijan's history with Armenian minorities, it's not far fetched at all that they would have attempted another pogrom. The 90's weren't that long ago, and their rhetoric hasn't changed, nor have their actions either really considering they opened up this conflict by shelling civilian centers.

Mmhm. Yes, if there were in a just world a great deal many Westerners would end up before the Hague. I think it's completely fair and consistent to say that.

One that was being used for military purposes. There are more roadways than that in region. I don't know if you've traveled that part of the world but even google maps shows that isn't true. You're stretching to justify hysterical fears borne of a 19th century mythos. Spare me please.

Alright, let's take a look at said Google map.

It looks like...There's one other major roadway in Artsakh that isn't in Azeri hands and leads directly to Armenia well to the north aside from Lachin. Aside from that, pretty barren of roads as a whole so not a ton of options for potential refugees.

It is not a hysterical fear to think that a state who has committed genocide against a people, uses rhetoric which denies the humanity and rights of said people, and has committed war crimes against said people in immediate memory will likely commit genocide again. Even if that's not the reason they started the war. There is zero reason to trust Azerbaijan when it comes to human rights, and the rights of Armenian people in particular.

I would gladly spare you conversation with me anytime, TEM. Unfortunately, you keep crawling out of 1933 to make known your thoughts.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:29 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote:

It looks like...There's one other major roadway in Artsakh that isn't in Azeri hands and leads directly to Armenia well to the north aside from Lachin. Aside from that, pretty barren of roads as a whole.

It is not a hysterical fear to think that a state who has committed genocide against a people, uses rhetoric which denies the humanity and rights of said people, and has committed war crimes against said people in immediate memory will likely commit genocide again. Even if that's not the reason they started the war. There is zero reason to trust Azerbaijan when it comes to human rights, and the rights of Armenian people in particular.

I would gladly spare you conversation with me anytime, TEM. Unfortunately, you keep crawling out of 1933 to make known your thoughts.

So I was right? Thank you, I knew I was. Perhaps if the Armenians didn't want that sort of trouble, they could find other ammunition resupply routes or use helicopters?

Ah so it was Azeribaijan which did the Armenian genocide now and not Turkey? You'll need to make your mind about that one. More nonsense about human rights and other associated things which do not even register in those parts of the world as a concern.

Thank you for your fine compliment, you do know how to charm a fellow. I should much rather be mistaken for a man of the interwar period than ever associate with the failed dreams of this one or some mystical belief in the so called "human rights" or "international law".
Last edited by Vapormancer on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:33 am

Vapormancer wrote:
Ah so it was Azeribaijan which did the Armenian genocide now and not Turkey? You'll need to make your mind about that one. More nonsense about human rights and other associated things which do not even register in those parts of the world as a concern.

Thank you for your fine compliment, you do know how to charm a fellow. I should much rather be mistaken for a man of the interwar period than ever associate with the failed dreams of this one or some mystical belief in the so called "human rights" or "international law".

Azeris were involved in the Armenian genocide as well, note the September Days. There was also the number of pogroms that happened in the 90's after the fall of the Soviet Union which is also easily classifiable as a genocide.

Oh, I'm well aware of what you have an affinity for, TEM. I think most people who know you do.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:42 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote:

Azeris were involved in the Armenian genocide as well, note the September Days. There was also the number of pogroms that happened in the 90's after the fall of the Soviet Union which is also easily classifiable as a genocide.

Oh, I'm well aware of what you have an affinity for, TEM. I think most people who know you do.

So you mean a revenge outburst of violence because of the March Days? Very good, I also await your hysteria over a SOON TO BE ARMENIAN MASSACRE OF AZERIS. Then after that I will be awaiting your condemnation of the Kurds as a people for acting as the actual hand maidens of the Turks in their policies.

Why don't you say it openly? Why so coy? :^)

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:58 am

Vapormancer wrote:
So you mean a revenge outburst of violence because of the March Days? Very good, I also await your hysteria over a SOON TO BE ARMENIAN MASSACRE OF AZERIS. Then after that I will be awaiting your condemnation of the Kurds as a people for acting as the actual hand maidens of the Turks in their policies.

Indeed, and I don’t condone the actions of the March days or similar atrocities committed by the Armenians. However, you did ask me if the Azeris were involved in the Armenian genocide, and so I provided the involvement. No need to move goalposts.

What I am providing primarily as evidence towards a lack of goodwill and trustworthiness towards Azerbaijan is the far more recent ethnic atrocities that happened in the 90’s, the rhetoric their government continues to use towards Armenians, and the war crimes committed in the recent war, which might not totally be over yet.

However, I think with the arrival of Russians in Artsakh, the risk of another pogrom is low. That being said, I imagine it’s not a safe place for an Armenian in the Azeri occupied portions right now, and I wouldn’t be surprised that reports of abuse starting coming out from there.

Which Azeris are going to be massacred? Would it be the approximately 0% of Azeris that live in either Armenia or Artsakh?

You’ve said enough already. You apparently identify closer with men of the 1930’s who don’t believe in human rights or international law. Unless you have anything more to add to that?
Last edited by Salus Maior on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:16 am

I've stopped participating in this thread since it's been too painful now knowing six people who lost their lives. But I asked a friend of mine from Armenia who saw combat in the last few weeks what a good descriptor of this would be. He told me Top Ten Anime Betrayals.

Հանգչիր խաղաղությամբ
https://www.redcross.am/en/home.html

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:43 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote:

Indeed, and I don’t condone the actions of the March days or similar atrocities committed by the Armenians. However, you did ask me if the Azeris were involved in the Armenian genocide, and so I provided the involvement. No need to move goalposts.

What I am providing primarily as evidence towards a lack of goodwill and trustworthiness towards Azerbaijan is the far more recent ethnic atrocities that happened in the 90’s, the rhetoric their government continues to use towards Armenians, and the war crimes committed in the recent war, which might not totally be over yet.

However, I think with the arrival of Russians in Artsakh, the risk of another pogrom is low. That being said, I imagine it’s not a safe place for an Armenian in the Azeri occupied portions right now, and I wouldn’t be surprised that reports of abuse starting coming out from there.

Which Azeris are going to be massacred? Would it be the approximately 0% of Azeris that live in either Armenia or Artsakh?

You’ve said enough already. You apparently identify closer with men of the 1930’s who don’t believe in human rights or international law. Unless you have anything more to add to that?

In this way, we can say that it was infact the Azeris had an attempted genocide against by the Armenians. Alas, the Azeris were merely acting in self-defense, they were preventing the tyranny of the Armenians. Though I should note, this means really the Azeri action was a pre-emption against genocide and indefense of their national integrity. We can go even further, the Turkish-Armenian war was really one of self-defense against a genocidal people waging what could be considered the first race war. A very great pity they started such a conflict and lost then did not make good the time inbetween to become stronger.

Nargo-Karbakh is Azeri land, the Armenians systematically ethnically cleansed them. By your own admission, you said there were nearly 0%. That is because they did such a great job in the first place in the 90s.

A map of the ethnic cleasening of Azeris by Armenia

When will Armenia apologize and pay reparations for this atrocity? When will brave human rights "defenders" step forth to condemn this monstrous action? Clearly Azerbaijan was stopping something in its infancy. With only a token few Azeris left, the Armenians may have taken the opportunity to finish them once and for all. Surely you agree with an international coalition of the region intervening as they just did to enforce international law and save human rights?

I should prefer that you consider me a man of post-1918. I am a product of the suicide of civilization.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:59 am

Vapormancer wrote:
In this way, we can say that it was infact the Azeris had an attempted genocide against by the Armenians. Alas, the Azeris were merely acting in self-defense, they were preventing the tyranny of the Armenians.

Ah, yes. Self defense.

Warning: Graphic. A report by a German Attache witnessing the September Days
Robberies, murders and rapes were at their height [at 4.00 p.m. on 15 September]. In the whole town massacres of the Armenian population and robberies of all non-Muslim peoples were going on. They broke the doors and windows, entered the living quarters, dragged out men, women and children and killed them in the street. From all the houses the yells of the people who were being attacked were heard....In some spots there were mountains of dead bodies, and many had terrible wounds from dum-dum bullets. The most appalling picture was at the entrance to the Treasury Lane from Surukhanskoi Street. The whole street was covered with dead bodies of children not older than nine or ten years. About eighty bodies carried wounds inflicted by swords or bayonets, and many had their throats cut; it was obvious that the wretched ones had been slaughtered like lambs. From Telephone Street we heard cries of women and children and we heard single shots. Rushing to their rescue I was obliged to drive the car over the bodies of dead children. The crushing of bones and strange noises of torn bodies followed. The horror of the wheels covered with the intestines of dead bodies could not be endured by the colonel and the asker (adjutant). They closed their eyes with their hands and lowered their heads. They were afraid to look at the terrible slaughter. Half mad from what he saw, the driver sought to leave the street, but was immediately confronted by another bloody hecatomb.

And yes, I am perfectly willing to condemn Armenian ethno-nationalism and atrocities. I think the Caucasus as a whole is an excellent example of why Ethnic-Nationalism is an evil that should not be tolerated or allowed to exist.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Vapormancer wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

"Mythos"?

Vapormancer wrote:

You're a wannabe neo-Ottoman mercenary genocidaire? Open enough for you?

Vapormancer wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Azeris were involved in the Armenian genocide as well, note the September Days.

So you mean a revenge outburst of violence because of the March Days?

March, September, who gives a fuck? All this Old World ethnic conflict bullshit goes round and round in circles, for fucking centuries. This is like the obscurantist version of the West Bank. These are two tiny countries far from anywhere, why can't we just set up a UN Mandate with... I dunno, let's have Canada be in charge of supervising or something, so the Russians and the Turks feel there's a neutral third party. Maybe the Canadians can have joint responsibility along with... let's say Brazil and Indonesia, so the Russians don't lose their shit about an American puppet regime suddenly showing up or some paranoid bullshit like that. Build a headquarters between Stepanakert and Shushi/Shusha/Shushthefuckup and just call it a day.

Better yet, take the Paraguayan approach and force intermarriages for a few decades. Once they have some cute mixed babies everyone will be a lot more willing to calm down.
Last edited by Senkaku on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote:
In this way, we can say that it was infact the Azeris had an attempted genocide against by the Armenians. Alas, the Azeris were merely acting in self-defense, they were preventing the tyranny of the Armenians.

Ah, yes. Self defense.

Warning: Graphic. A report by a German Attache witnessing the September Days
Robberies, murders and rapes were at their height [at 4.00 p.m. on 15 September]. In the whole town massacres of the Armenian population and robberies of all non-Muslim peoples were going on. They broke the doors and windows, entered the living quarters, dragged out men, women and children and killed them in the street. From all the houses the yells of the people who were being attacked were heard....In some spots there were mountains of dead bodies, and many had terrible wounds from dum-dum bullets. The most appalling picture was at the entrance to the Treasury Lane from Surukhanskoi Street. The whole street was covered with dead bodies of children not older than nine or ten years. About eighty bodies carried wounds inflicted by swords or bayonets, and many had their throats cut; it was obvious that the wretched ones had been slaughtered like lambs. From Telephone Street we heard cries of women and children and we heard single shots. Rushing to their rescue I was obliged to drive the car over the bodies of dead children. The crushing of bones and strange noises of torn bodies followed. The horror of the wheels covered with the intestines of dead bodies could not be endured by the colonel and the asker (adjutant). They closed their eyes with their hands and lowered their heads. They were afraid to look at the terrible slaughter. Half mad from what he saw, the driver sought to leave the street, but was immediately confronted by another bloody hecatomb.

And yes, I am perfectly willing to condemn Armenian ethno-nationalism and atrocities. I think the Caucasus as a whole is an excellent example of why Ethnic-Nationalism is an evil that should not be tolerated or allowed to exist.

Ah? Report from the evil "hun"? I'm sure we should take those seriously. Should I post about the March days? I notice you refused to comment on my wonderful point regarding the ethnic cleansing that Armenia did. Why would Azerbaijan not act in such a manner with coalition of allies?

Salus Maior wrote:I think the Caucasus as a whole is an excellent example of why Ethnic-Nationalism is an evil that should not be tolerated or allowed to exist.

That is a fantastical position to take. This is the sort of thing that killed the Hapsburg Empire. Ethnic nationalism is a reality of our time we have to contend with. People form groups with whom they are familiar. Sometimes an ethnogensis happens and a new group enters the scene but these things are pretty set at this time.

Senkaku wrote:"Mythos"?

Der Ewige Turklar!

Senkaku wrote:You're a wannabe neo-Ottoman mercenary genocidaire? Open enough for you?

I have not had such a sensible chuckle in some time. Thank you my boy.

Senkaku wrote:March, September, who gives a fuck? All this Old World ethnic conflict bullshit goes round and round in circles, for fucking centuries. This is like the obscurantist version of the West Bank. These are two tiny countries far from anywhere, why can't we just set up a UN Mandate with... I dunno, let's have Canada be in charge of supervising or something, so the Russians and the Turks feel there's a neutral third party. Maybe the Canadians can have joint responsibility along with... let's say Brazil and Indonesia, so the Russians don't lose their shit about an American puppet regime suddenly showing up or some paranoid bullshit like that. Build a headquarters between Stepanakert and Shushi/Shusha/Shushthefuckup and just call it a day.

Better yet, take the Paraguayan approach and force intermarriages for a few decades. Once they have some cute mixed babies everyone will be a lot more willing to calm down.

tbf, that is the most likely outcome I suspect from the whole Kurdish/Turkish business re the ones in Turkey. Though your solution is a bit more drastic, it has my STAMP of approval.

>tfw no Kardashian gf
Last edited by Vapormancer on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Vapormancer wrote: I notice you refused to comment on my wonderful point regarding the ethnic cleansing that Armenia did.

I did remark on that point. Literally in the same quote that you are referencing.

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote: I notice you refused to comment on my wonderful point regarding the ethnic cleansing that Armenia did.

I did remark on that point. Literally in the same quote that you are referencing.

Ah, a general condemnation and brush over. How pedestrian!

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Vapormancer wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Ah, a general condemnation and brush over. How pedestrian!

A condemnation that I do take seriously. Although not one that's particularly relevant to the conflict this thread is following, considering this is an example of Azeri aggression against a status-quo and not an Armenian one.

If Armenia starts a war with Azerbaijan, we can talk about that.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:35 pm

It seems Karabakh is lost. Theres no way the armenians can hold this in the case of renewed hostilities.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Nakena wrote:It seems Karabakh is lost. Theres no way the armenians can hold this in the case of renewed hostilities.

Basically now it only exists as a rump Russian protectorate, and what remains exists solely on the whims of Russia.
If Russian troops leave, or Russia decides selling the rest out to appease Turkey and Azerbaijan is worth it, then it is gone.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Found out via what seems a Russian youtube news source that the nation of Armenia never sent in its regular military directly into the war. The PM held back the full force of his military. He only allowed the Armenians in the Azeri controlled territories and in Artsakh to fight. That could explain things.

Source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1azHvmgcMaE

Commenting on some prior comments, yes Armenia could join Russia. That would have Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia have an egg. :lol:

Strange no one has mentioned the following. Why not make Armenia an EU. member. That is what most of the people there would really want. They would be protected and there economy be better off. Of course, the Russians and some of the neighbors might not like it.

Another idea would be a Armenia and Georgia confederation. Yes, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan once had a confederation which later broke up and left Armenia holding the bag. Only thing is Armenia would have to cut some ties to Russia since Georgia does not get along with them. Seems EU. membership for Armenian and Georgia is the best solution.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Nakena wrote:It seems Karabakh is lost. Theres no way the armenians can hold this in the case of renewed hostilities.

Correct. The Armenian government should try to get the Artsakh Armenians to settle in Southern Armenia which is being depopulated. They should give them free land and really give them the red carpet treatment so that they may settle in that region.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Rio Cana wrote:Found out via what seems a Russian youtube news source that the nation of Armenia never sent in its regular military directly into the war. The PM held back the full force of his military. He only allowed the Armenians in the Azeri controlled territories and in Artsakh to fight. That could explain things.

Commenting on some prior comments, yes Armenia could join Russia. That would have Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia have an egg. :lol:

Strange no one has mentioned the following. Why not make Armenia an EU. member. That is what most of the people there would really want. They would be protected and there economy be better off. Of course, the Russians and some of the neighbors might not like it.

Another idea would be a Armenia and Georgia confederation. Yes, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan once had a confederation which later broke up and left Armenia holding the bag. Only thing is Armenia would have to cut some ties to Russia since Georgia does not get along with them. Seems EU. membership for Armenian and Georgia is the best solution.

The EU can't and won't defend Armenia.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Rio Cana wrote:Found out via what seems a Russian youtube news source that the nation of Armenia never sent in its regular military directly into the war. The PM held back the full force of his military. He only allowed the Armenians in the Azeri controlled territories and in Artsakh to fight. That could explain things.

Obviously this is not remotely plausible.
The EU will not bring in Armenia against Russian objections.
Nor would it really help Armenia as the EU would have no way to defend or access Armenia, it would share no borders with the EU, and the EU is not in anyway positioned to help it against attack.

In theory I guess if Armenia and Georgia both joined the EU AND NATO, it might work but obviously Germany and other more appeasement toward Russia EU and NATO members would not go along.
It could actually work in theory but it is way too ballsy and risky for the overly cautious and fearful EU and NATO members to agree on such a radical course of action.

On paper it seems great, in reality it is not remotely feasible.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:52 pm

It is really good news that the unifying forces in the region are in effect, I hope the peace will be forever. I see no reason for the Turkish government not to cooperate with Russia in Syria. Step by step new Sadabat Pact against terrorists

Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:18 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote: I see no reason for the Turkish government not to cooperate with Russia in Syria.

I can think of a couple:
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Unfortunately, Armenia joining the EU is impossible AFAIK, and Europe wouldn’t be willing to defend Armenia from the Azeri horde. They remained silent on this, why would they do anything more - ever?

God save the Armenians for all others have abandoned them. The fact Europe raised not even a peep about this shows how much they care about Armenians and how spineless the fucks in Brussels and elsewhere are. The Europeans and Iranians should be marching through Baku right now, not sat there twiddling their thumbs because the Turk has oil.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Auze wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote: I see no reason for the Turkish government not to cooperate with Russia in Syria.

I can think of a couple:
In this regard, the Government of Turkey is doing wrong. Ekrem İmamoğlu will come to the government. Political Islamists mistakes will be cleared by Kemalists
Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:37 pm

-Ocelot- wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
Russia remained neutral, whereas you're making it look like Russia actively supported one side, which is total bullshit.

This is so completely false it can't even be argued against. It's like I have to explain why the sky isn't pink.

Russia sided with Turkey, no matter how you slice it. It sent 2000 solders abroad to make sure Azerbaijan will keep the newly captured territory. They are not fooling anyone.

This is just a complete, total, utter, and flat out lie. Peacekeepers don't come in to help the side that's winning militarily, they come in to stop the conflict. Azerbaijan was winning. Then Russian Peacekeepers stopped the fighting. Should they have done it sooner? Yes. But the Peacekeepers aren't there to aid Azerbaijan.

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote:
After having checked the live map and made there were not encirclement that occurred to "block" movement within the last two months, I decided to illustrate this for you specially because I so very much respect your opinion and your positions!

I made a map just for you :^)

Maybe you can point out where the dastardly Azeris were building gas chambers and ovens? Surely you can manage that evidence of genocide.

That map is completely out of date.

Is anyone surprised that TEM would post an out of date map?

Salus Maior wrote:
Vapormancer wrote:
I used a map during the peak of the fighting because I was being generous to Shofercia, if I used a current map, it'd be even easier to his point look ridiculous with the clean lines. Perhaps I should have not been generous!

I felt the name and the /aesthetics/ far more fitting. If population relocation is genocide, then it seems the most easily and time proven method of dealing with the issues of a multicultural place despising each other is genocide. We will have to haul quite a few Western leaders before the Hague and alas, Allied Forces will be Nuremburg'd. Its an absurd position to say the least.

Are you saying that just because Armenian Pensioners can't climb mountains while being under fire, they don't have a reasonable means of escape? Oh wait, that makes total sense!

Vapormancer wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

It looks like...There's one other major roadway in Artsakh that isn't in Azeri hands and leads directly to Armenia well to the north aside from Lachin. Aside from that, pretty barren of roads as a whole.

So I was right? Thank you, I knew I was. Perhaps if the Armenians didn't want that sort of trouble, they could find other ammunition resupply routes or use helicopters?

Yeah, why don't poor pensioners who can barely afford food just rent out a helicopter or two? Totally "reasonable" request coming from TEM.
Last edited by Shofercia on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General