NATION

PASSWORD

Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict: The Great Betrayal

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 am

Fuck. That map is absolutely vile.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:05 am

Albionist Great Britain wrote:

Fuck. That map is absolutely vile.

I can understand why the armenian population seems to be leaving for Armenia proper. Absolutely no way they could defend this in another war.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:05 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Probably so, hybrid war and all that. Hopefully it doesn't lead the Azerbaijanis to continue attacking and taking more territory, would be my main concern.

Not saying it's not a bitter pill to ask the Armenian people to swallow, but I am not interested in seeing North America reduced to radioactive ash because they were losing a war against some crazy Turk's friends and called Moscow for help.
I am very afraid of the radicals in the Armenian government. because they can brutally kill women and children for the supposed dream of great Armenia.There is this hostility from the bad mentality of politicians and radicals, it is just that neither side should be racist towards each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_ ... Federation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_ ... of_Armenia

Reminder, Azerbaijan has killed Armenian women and children.

Hell, the first people to die in this conflict was a woman and child when Azerbaijan started bombing cities in Artsakh. They broke the truce, and the people who are dead now, Azeri and Armenian alike, are dead because Aliyev sent that order.

If you believe in peace, and want to condemn anyone, condemn Aliyev.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:14 am

Duvniask wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Considering the Armenian people just couped their government over this, they're not going to swallow it.

They're probably going to support an insurgency in Artsakh for as long as possible.

They haven't couped the government yet. They just broke into parliament and beat up the President of the National Assembly, Ararat Mirzoyan.

That's pretty damn close to a coup.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:35 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Fighting this ferociously over a couple of towns in an area smaller than Delaware remains bananas to me, but whatever. If they want to, then I guess go for it, but they're surrounded by powerful enemies who seem to be winning, and their history should show them that things can always get worse. Azerbaijan lost the last war, bought new weapons, and won this one. The Armenians are perfectly capable of doing the same if they'd rather do that than... any other meaningful collective national effort, I guess.

That's because you're looking at this from the position of American privilege. And I don't mean that as a jab.

The Armenian people have been on the losing side of history for a very long time, and they've lost so much of their heritage and homeland already through unimaginable injustices. We in the West, especially not in America, really know what it's like to live through that and be born in that context. We take for granted the security of our homeland, and the fact that we have a homeland.

Oh, I know. I just also don't understand why at a certain point, you wouldn't just... leave, or at least give up on trying to control stuff outside your borders. The Russians seem willing to protect them from outright invasion at least, at a certain point when you're the size of Armenia facing down the Turkish colossus you should maybe question if this isn't a futile endeavor and it might not be a better idea to hunker down and stock up on Russian missiles until some part of the equation changes.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:37 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Considering the Armenian people just couped their government over this, they're not going to swallow it.

They're probably going to support an insurgency in Artsakh for as long as possible.

Fighting this ferociously over a couple of towns in an area smaller than Delaware remains bananas to me, but whatever. If they want to, then I guess go for it, but they're surrounded by powerful enemies who seem to be winning, and their history should show them that things can always get worse. Azerbaijan lost the last war, bought new weapons, and won this one. The Armenians are perfectly capable of doing the same if they'd rather do that than... any other meaningful collective national effort, I guess.

Its futile. They lost. Artsakh is surrounded now with modern Azeri weapons. At least they have five years to move everything they value to Armenia. They could even take take apart and resemble those historical Armenian castle/fortress since more then likely Azerbaijan will bulldoze them.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:37 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
That's because you're looking at this from the position of American privilege. And I don't mean that as a jab.

The Armenian people have been on the losing side of history for a very long time, and they've lost so much of their heritage and homeland already through unimaginable injustices. We in the West, especially not in America, really know what it's like to live through that and be born in that context. We take for granted the security of our homeland, and the fact that we have a homeland.

Oh, I know. I just also don't understand why at a certain point, you wouldn't just... leave, or at least give up on trying to control stuff outside your borders. The Russians seem willing to protect them from outright invasion at least, at a certain point when you're the size of Armenia facing down the Turkish colossus you should maybe question if this isn't a futile endeavor and it might not be a better idea to hunker down and stock up on Russian missiles until some part of the equation changes.

Frankly because there's no insurance Russia will help them if it's willing to adhere to unjust laws not to involve itself in Artsakh already. As nobody really came to their aid against a genocidal enemy that has repeatedly called for their extermination simply because a land historically and demographically Armenian was unilaterally "granted" to Baku, there is no guarantee anyone will when Turks come to just, you know, finish the job. After all, it is just some fool thing in the Caucasus, what's more important? Some Armenians who can cut their losses and just, go live somewhere else (or more accurately be killed by a genocidal enemy) or avoiding WWIII?
Last edited by The Restored Danelaw on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.
Creds for the pfp goes to Rein

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:44 am

The Restored Danelaw wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Oh, I know. I just also don't understand why at a certain point, you wouldn't just... leave, or at least give up on trying to control stuff outside your borders. The Russians seem willing to protect them from outright invasion at least, at a certain point when you're the size of Armenia facing down the Turkish colossus you should maybe question if this isn't a futile endeavor and it might not be a better idea to hunker down and stock up on Russian missiles until some part of the equation changes.

Frankly because there's no insurance Russia will help them if it's willing to adhere to unjust laws not to involve itself in Artsakh already. As nobody really came to their aid against a genocidal enemy that has repeatedly called for their extermination simply because a land historically and demographically Armenian was unilaterally "granted" to Baku, there is no guarantee anyone will when Turks come to just, you know, finish the job. After all, it is just some fool thing in the Caucasus, what's more important? Some Armenians who can cut their losses and just, go live somewhere else (or more accurately be killed by a genocidal enemy) or avoiding WWIII?

There's fundamentally a legal difference between invading Artsakh and invading Armenia-proper that would change things.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:45 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Armenia has bigger problems then Turkey. There population is 1.69 million. Yes, the official numbers say 2.96 million but that other 1.3 million they include are Armenian migrants. They include them in the numbers because they tend to return for a few weeks a year. Southern Armenia population is falling. Armenia needs to greatly increase its population. But to do that they need a large improvement in there economy. With a better economy people have more kids and Armenia can afford better weapons. One idea to increase population would be to try to persuade foreigners to move and work in Armenia. But again, to do that they need to improve there economy.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:46 am

How democratic can the opinions of those who support the coup in Armenia be ? Back to the point I mentioned, radical lack of education is the real problem of the region. The events in Armenia are really sad, I hope the barbarians who attacked the parliament will be arrested as soon as possible.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Duvniask wrote:They haven't couped the government yet. They just broke into parliament and beat up the President of the National Assembly, Ararat Mirzoyan.

That's pretty damn close to a coup.

It's not a coup until it affects a change of leadership and power is seized for someone other than the current regime.

For now it's just violence against politicians and state institutions.
Last edited by Duvniask on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:49 am

Punished UMN wrote:There's fundamentally a legal difference between invading Artsakh and invading Armenia-proper that would change things.

If you can use flimsy legal defenses not to help your ally not get 140,000 of its people ethnically cleansed and/or genocided, there is no guarantee you won't use some other flimsy excuse when they inevitably take their aggression one step further. The thing every country unfortunate enough to have to rely on Russian protection knows by heart is that Russia simply cannot be trusted to protect you. It's just that you don't have another option.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:51 am

Punished UMN wrote:There's fundamentally a legal difference between invading Artsakh and invading Armenia-proper that would change things.

If you can use flimsy legal defenses not to help your ally not get 140,000 of its people ethnically cleansed and/or genocided, there is no guarantee you won't use some other flimsy excuse when they inevitably take their aggression one step further. The thing every country unfortunate enough to have to rely on Russian protection knows by heart is that Russia simply cannot be trusted to protect you. It's just that you don't have another option.

Something that the entire world agrees is the bedrock of the international legal order is not a "flimsly legal defense."
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:53 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:How democratic can the opinions of those who support the coup in Armenia be ? Back to the point I mentioned, radical lack of education is the real problem of the region. The events in Armenia are really sad, I hope the barbarians who attacked the parliament will be arrested as soon as possible.

Armenia is far more democratic than Baku, and the Artsakhis engaged in a democratic referendum of self determination. Yet you support the Nazis in this situation. You have no regard for democracy, human rights and peace - and you never did. Stop regurgitating Azeri propaganda and realise you’re taking the side of fascists and genocidaires, unless you’re knowingly supporting these but too afraid to openly say it?

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:53 am

Punished UMN wrote:
The Restored Danelaw wrote:If you can use flimsy legal defenses not to help your ally not get 140,000 of its people ethnically cleansed and/or genocided, there is no guarantee you won't use some other flimsy excuse when they inevitably take their aggression one step further. The thing every country unfortunate enough to have to rely on Russian protection knows by heart is that Russia simply cannot be trusted to protect you. It's just that you don't have another option.

Something that the entire world agrees is the bedrock of the international legal order is not a "flimsly legal defense."

Relying on an unjust law with no basis for its legitimacy (in this particular case, siding with Baku on the issue of Artsakh) to shy away from both helping an ally and protecting people who're about to be ethnically cleansed and/or genocided is not even a flimsy legal defense, it's just outright refusal to adhere to your side of the bargain. If international law gives Artsakh to Baku, it is international law that's wrong, as is anyone who recognizes Baku's claims.
Last edited by The Restored Danelaw on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:55 am

Punished UMN wrote:Something that the entire world agrees is the bedrock of the international legal order is not a "flimsly legal defense."

Relying on an unjust law with no basis for its legitimacy (in this particular case, siding with Baku on the issue of Artsakh) to shy away from both helping an ally and protecting people who're about to be ethnically cleansed and/or genocided is not even a flimsy legal defense, it's just outright refusal to adhere to your side of the bargain. If international law gives Artsakh to Baku, it is international law that's wrong, as is anyone who recognizes Baku's claims.

Just because a law is unjust doesn't mean it's not the law.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:57 am

Punished UMN wrote:
The Restored Danelaw wrote:Relying on an unjust law with no basis for its legitimacy (in this particular case, siding with Baku on the issue of Artsakh) to shy away from both helping an ally and protecting people who're about to be ethnically cleansed and/or genocided is not even a flimsy legal defense, it's just outright refusal to adhere to your side of the bargain. If international law gives Artsakh to Baku, it is international law that's wrong, as is anyone who recognizes Baku's claims.

Just because a law is unjust doesn't mean it's not the law.

And just because it is law does not mean it should be respected, much less used as a flimsy excuse not to stop an aggressor practicing ethnic cleansing.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:57 am

Punished UMN wrote:Just because a law is unjust doesn't mean it's not the law.

And just because it is law does not mean it should be respected, much less used as a flimsy excuse not to stop an aggressor practicing ethnic cleansing.

Okay so who gets to pick and choose what laws we respect?

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:00 am

Punished UMN wrote:
The Restored Danelaw wrote:And just because it is law does not mean it should be respected, much less used as a flimsy excuse not to stop an aggressor practicing ethnic cleansing.

Okay so who gets to pick and choose what laws we respect?
I don't care who 'gets to pick and choose', what matters to me is that 140,000 people are at the risk of ethnic cleansing and genocide because Russia decided not to adhere to the spirit of an agreement it made with another country purely because an unjust law gave a land that is rightfully Armenian to a country that's all-but grounded on the idea of wiping out Armenians as a people.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:02 am

Punished UMN wrote:Okay so who gets to pick and choose what laws we respect?
I don't care who 'gets to pick and choose', what matters to me is that 140,000 people are at the risk of ethnic cleansing and genocide because Russia decided not to adhere to the spirit of an agreement it made with another country purely because an unjust law gave a land that is rightfully Armenian to a country that's all-but grounded on the idea of wiping out Armenians as a people.

You expect any country to adhere to the "spirit" of an international defense treaty, rather than just the actual letter of the treaty agreement, when deciding whether or not go to war...? You do realize negotiations on that type of thing take so long because you have to expect people will only adhere to the letter of it, not the "spirit," right? That's... basically why diplomatic corps exist...
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:03 am

Punished UMN wrote:Okay so who gets to pick and choose what laws we respect?

You don't care because you don't understand the consequences of throwing out things like the primacy of territorial integrity in international law. Maybe you will in 60 years when Azerbaijan finishes the job and there's no more Armenia because "the law was unjust" (according to the Azeris). If people get to make exceptions to law based on personal preference, everyone else gets to do that too, and then we no longer have a structured global order semi-governed by laws, then we have a neo-realist's wet dream.

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:29 am

Senkaku wrote:
The Restored Danelaw wrote:I don't care who 'gets to pick and choose', what matters to me is that 140,000 people are at the risk of ethnic cleansing and genocide because Russia decided not to adhere to the spirit of an agreement it made with another country purely because an unjust law gave a land that is rightfully Armenian to a country that's all-but grounded on the idea of wiping out Armenians as a people.

You expect any country to adhere to the "spirit" of an international defense treaty, rather than just the actual letter of the treaty agreement, when deciding whether or not go to war...? You do realize negotiations on that type of thing take so long because you have to expect people will only adhere to the letter of it, not the "spirit," right? That's... basically why diplomatic corps exist...

I thought the Diplomatic Corps existed to sabotage international interest and betray our allies or is that just a State Department matter? :^)

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:44 am

Should've happened much earlier.

Albionist Great Britain wrote:Russia’s going to be useless, just like how we abandoned and sold out the Poles and other victims of the Nazi and Soviet regimes, they’ve abandoned and sold out the Armenians. The Armenians need to continue their fight until every last Azeri out for their blood is driven from Artsakh.

I don't recall Brits & French sending in Peacekeepers to let the Polish Jews evacuate, so no, it's not exactly like that.

Rio Cana wrote:So when does Turkey and Azerbaijan re-open there borders with Armenia. This should help Armenia's economy.
When the Armenian government apologized for the persecution of the Turkish people.We stand shoulder to shoulder against fascism

Da fuck? "We're sorry you Genocided us in the 1910s and 1920s" - that's the apology you're looking for?

Salus Maior wrote:
Senkaku wrote:They're losing the war. They should live to fight another day instead of going out in a blaze of glory if they have any sense about them. And you'll struggle to get Americans, Europeans, or Russians to take a hardline approach either in favor of Armenia or Azerbaijan, because it turns out, most of us are not fans of letting Erdogan start World War 3 between NATO and Russia over, quite literally, some damn fool thing in the Caucasus. The Armenians will have to just eat shit now and figure things out later, as the Kurds have had to for much the same reason. Not saying they've not been very hard done by by Turkish atrocities and bullying over the years, but unfortunately in that region, especially when it comes to small powers, the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. That's what happens when you're close to God, but far from the United States.

From what I hear, some Armenian military units are refusing to stand down.

I imagine they're going to continue an insurgency in Artsakh for a while. Which, tbh, will probably be more effective than a conventional war.

Insurgency would be interesting. Putin said that Russia will defend CSTO Armenia, so if the insurgents can do hit and run tactics, and make it back to Armenia's internationally recognized borders without being identified, they might still salvage some semblance of a draw.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:53 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Fighting this ferociously over a couple of towns in an area smaller than Delaware remains bananas to me, but whatever. If they want to, then I guess go for it, but they're surrounded by powerful enemies who seem to be winning, and their history should show them that things can always get worse. Azerbaijan lost the last war, bought new weapons, and won this one. The Armenians are perfectly capable of doing the same if they'd rather do that than... any other meaningful collective national effort, I guess.

Azerbaijan had a ton of money, and an increasing population. They used technology and sheer numbers, as well as foreign mercs. Armenia's best option is insurgency warfare.

Senkaku wrote:Probably so, hybrid war and all that. Hopefully it doesn't lead the Azerbaijanis to continue attacking and taking more territory, would be my main concern.

Not saying it's not a bitter pill to ask the Armenian people to swallow, but I am not interested in seeing North America reduced to radioactive ash because they were losing a war against some crazy Turk's friends and called Moscow for help.
I am very afraid of the radicals in the Armenian government. because they can brutally kill women and children for the supposed dream of great Armenia.There is this hostility from the bad mentality of politicians and radicals, it is just that neither side should be racist towards each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_ ... Federation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_ ... of_Armenia

Maybe attacking their homes with drones contributed to the hostility?

Punished UMN wrote:Something that the entire world agrees is the bedrock of the international legal order is not a "flimsly legal defense."

Why do you think the Russian Peacekeepers are there? To defend the people. Russia stayed neutral in the war, and that was a failure, but Russia's recent Peace Deal prevented the Genocide of Astarkh. Let's not lose sight of that.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Vapormancer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vapormancer » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:02 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Why do you think the Russian Peacekeepers are there? To defend the people. Russia stayed neutral in the war, and that was a failure, but Russia's recent Peace Deal prevented the Genocide of Astarkh. Let's not lose sight of that.

Genocide! I've never heard such a good joke. Next you'll tell me the Russians "genocided" the Germans with that logic. Tell me, is population relocation genocide? If so, when do we haul Russian WW2 veterans before the Hague?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General