NATION

PASSWORD

What is your occupation?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

What is your primary occupation?

Agriculture, Mining, Lumber, Other Primary Resource Extraction
1%
Arts (literary/musical/visual/etc.; not crafting practical objects), Entertainment, Athletics
3%
Civil Service, Non-Private Forces, Health Care (see notes in first post)
9%
Corporate Management, Finance, Banking, International Trades
7%
Education, Private Research Firms, Academia (not students; must be paid to be in school)
10%
Hospitality, Restauration, General Retail, General Private Sector (e.g. data entry, customer service)
7%
Student, Retired, Investor, Off-Grid Nomad, any form of passive income or unemployment
50%
Urban Skilled Trades, Software Development, Artisans, Architecture, Construction
5%
Other
7%

Total votes : 116

Knica Eas
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

What is your occupation?

Postby Knica Eas » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:37 am

Curious about NS player demographics.

For the purpose of this poll, an 'occupation' is an activity that brings income. So if you are a politics student, you would choose 'student', not 'politics'. If you work as a barista by daylight and sell artwork by moonlight, and your average income from making coffee significantly outweighs your income from making paintings, you would choose 'restauration', not 'arts'. If you earn equal amounts from multiple activities, choose the one that you feel best represents you.

Clarification on 'health care':
This includes anything covered by public health care (or would reasonably be covered by public health care if available, for those without access to such a system), so would not include things like 'guru Patrick's hot yoga relaxation with herbal assistance'. The exact scope depends on your own social context; for example, traditional Chinese medicine would fall under 'health care' in China and 'general private sector' in the United States.

Clarification on 'civil service':
This includes career politicians, administrative staff within government agencies, as well as frontline service workers, such as firefighters and social workers.

Clarification on 'non-private forces':
This includes the military, the police, or any other non-private organisations authorised and expected to use violence in some form during regular duty. Private security falls under 'general private sector'.
Last edited by Knica Eas on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 am

The Golan Heights, plus some retail.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:53 am

Pharmacy student
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats
Change rate: 1 Imperial Covin = 1.86 NSD

Member of: GFTC, IPDA, WHO
A 15.833 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428 civilization, according to this one
Nation ranked 8/10 according to this scale

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:54 am

I'm a Cashier and freshmen Student in College.
★ The Empire of Whitemore ★ - " We will reach the Gates of Heaven!"

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Strazhnist Tsarus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strazhnist Tsarus » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 am

Student. Used to dig ditches for some directional boring contractors, that wasn’t easy.
Probably will go military for an indefinite amount of time, not sure what else I want to do.
~Factbook Directory~
qna
This nation is entirely in the Past Tense
1928 Tsarus, post-Strazhnist Revolution
4, 6, 8

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:01 am

Uni Student, Campaign Organizer, Campus Ambassador and soon to be Secondary English-Lit Teacher.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:05 am

I lounge about in government cars, bitch about litter, and on a good day I can run some heavy machinery. Also known as being a Park Ranger.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:06 am

Heloin wrote:I lounge about in government cars, bitch about litter, and on a good day I can run some heavy machinery. Also known as being a Park Ranger.

Being a Park Ranger honestly sounds pretty damn awesome, not speaking from experience, I just like the idea of it.

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:08 am

Heloin wrote:I lounge about in government cars, bitch about litter, and on a good day I can run some heavy machinery. Also known as being a Park Ranger.

I love parks, they are so calm and relaxing- especially in my state.

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Nimzonia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nimzonia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:09 am

Software developer. I don't see where that fits into your poll.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:10 am

From home as a Spanish interpreter for a hospital.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:15 am

Major-Tom wrote:

Being a Park Ranger honestly sounds pretty damn awesome, not speaking from experience, I just like the idea of it.

It's one of those jobs where the good really does make up for the bad. Though the bad does include wild animals and lots of mud.

Nimzonia wrote:Software developer. I don't see where that fits into your poll.

If you want to really stretch some definitions you can say you work in Construction.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:19 am

I'm in the nunya business.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 am

Farnhamia wrote:I'm in the nunya business.

How's the nunya's doing these days?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 am

Heloin wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I'm in the nunya business.

How's the nunya's doing these days?

Could be better but I can't complain.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 am

I used to work for Macy's at a call center for a few years, right now I'm just a house husband. I moved to Germany a few years ago and focused first on becoming proficient in German, then I started looking for a job last year but then corona happened and it got a lot harder. I took a break from the job search but I plan on getting back at it soon. We have enough money but it would be nice to have more.
Last edited by Page on Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:26 am

Page wrote:I used to work for Macy's at a call center for a few years, right now I'm just a house husband. I moved to Germany a few years ago and focused first on becoming proficient in German, then I started looking for a job last year but then corona happened and it got a lot harder. I took a break from the job search but I plan on getting back at it soon. We have enough money but it would be nice to have more.

Hope you have success in the job hunting!

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:26 am

Physics student.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Gandhian India
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gandhian India » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:46 am

Heloin wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

It's one of those jobs where the good really does make up for the bad. Though the bad does include wild animals and lots of mud.

So there's no bad then?
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! HORSES FOR THE HORSEMEN!

From the desk of the Foreign Minister of Gandhian India.

"They will accept the light of the God-Emperor's teachings,
Or they will accept the light of nuclear fusion"
-Ancient Indian proverb

Honestly this nation started out as a joke but now I'm too invested in the lore
And yes, every flag in Gandhian India has a semi-transparent Gandhi face watching over the people.

S-Hertogenbosch
Attaché

Founded: Jul 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby S-Hertogenbosch » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:49 am

Chemistry teacher
✠ Als wij van ertrijck moeten scheijden,
zoe bidden wij Onser Vrouwen,
dat sij ons moet gheleijden, amen. ✠
When we'll have to part this earth,
we'll pray to Our Lady,
that she will guide us. Amen.
taken from: Mirakelen van Onse Lieve Vrouwe tot 's-Hertogenbosch
Current year in 's-Hertogenbosch: 1628 | the 3rd year of bishop Ophovius' episcopate | anthem
Tier: 3 | Level: 0 | Type: 4 | Power Comparator: 36

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:51 am

Gandhian India wrote:
Heloin wrote:It's one of those jobs where the good really does make up for the bad. Though the bad does include wild animals and lots of mud.

So there's no bad then?

I know a coworker who had got bit by an alligator and had to hid in a tree and I once had to walk three miles in mud sometimes going above my knees when a truck broke down. Those downsides are real downsides.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:53 am

Heloin wrote:
Gandhian India wrote:
So there's no bad then?

I know a coworker who had got bit by an alligator and had to hid in a tree and I once had to walk three miles in mud sometimes going above my knees when a truck broke down. Those downsides are real downsides.

...What the actual fuck is up with your state.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:04 am

Major-Tom wrote:
Heloin wrote:I know a coworker who had got bit by an alligator and had to hid in a tree and I once had to walk three miles in mud sometimes going above my knees when a truck broke down. Those downsides are real downsides.

So much... So much.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:05 am

Shitposting on numerous forums and defending Russia & now, according to some, China. I sincerely if the word "and" is offended by me using the "&" symbol instead.

Joking aside, Corporate Management, Finance, Banking, International Trades - it's where the money's at. I want to travel the World and then raise a family, and I need to be able to afford that.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:08 am

Page wrote:I used to work for Macy's at a call center for a few years, right now I'm just a house husband. I moved to Germany a few years ago and focused first on becoming proficient in German, then I started looking for a job last year but then corona happened and it got a lot harder. I took a break from the job search but I plan on getting back at it soon. We have enough money but it would be nice to have more.

I love your sig:

All about dat FREE stuff: FREE hotel rooms for immigrants - FREE health care - FREE speech - FREE Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." - Noam Chomsky

Protect yourself from Covid-19: Stop licking boots.

Such as a smooth transition from one topic to another - it's artful.

Heloin wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

So much... So much.

Florida?
Last edited by Shofercia on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General