NATION

PASSWORD

Thai Protests to Reform Monarchy

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Kowani wrote:Neither God nor King nor Master shall prevent the Liberty of Humanity.

No allegiance

I will swear no oath

Crowned by God not by the church

As my power is divine
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:13 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:Hello fellow monarchists! Nice to see another country embraci.....ooh it's *that* kind of reformation. Dang....

Sadly people don't seem to realize just how stable most good monarchies(I.e, semi constitutional and constitutional ones) make their country united. Unfortunately, Thalilands seems to be failing. If protesters start getting shot and mass arrests ensue, I'm ending my support for the Thai monarchy.
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 am

Exalted Inquellian State wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:Hello fellow monarchists! Nice to see another country embraci.....ooh it's *that* kind of reformation. Dang....

Sadly people don't seem to realize just how stable most good monarchies(I.e, semi constitutional and constitutional ones) make their country united. Unfortunately, Thalilands seems to be failing. If protesters start getting shot and mass arrests ensue, I'm ending my support for the Thai monarchy.

Very true, it's sad that they give monarchies a bad name.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Nation of Hanguk
Attaché

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nation of Hanguk » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:39 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:Sadly people don't seem to realize just how stable most good monarchies(I.e, semi constitutional and constitutional ones) make their country united. Unfortunately, Thailand seems to be failing. If protesters start getting shot and mass arrests ensue, I'm ending my support for the Thai monarchy.

It's actually coupled with protests against the military dictatorship. The military has been using the monarchy as a front to further their interests, therefore they seek to reform the monarchy as well. However, I am still wary of their king as he might be really subscribing to graft and corruption.
Last edited by Nation of Hanguk on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
KINGDOM OF COREA | 대한제국
Kicking Manchu asses out in the 1700s, now the bastion of modernity, democracy, and prosperity in Asia today
Homepage | Overview | History | Politics | People | Outline | Political Views

| NATIONAL PRESS AGENCY | Wage hikes and start-up support top PM Koo’s 2023 goals :: More objectifying? Corean male beauty pageants defend underwear-wearing competitions :: Chaebol Hansung gives year-end bonuses of up to 52 month :: Anger over shooting of chimpanzees in Ulsan zoo escape

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:43 am

Nation of Hanguk wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

It's actually coupled with protests against the military dictatorship. The military has been using the monarchy as a front to further their interests, therefore they seek to reform the monarchy as well. However, I am still wary of their king as he might be really subscribing to graft and corruption.

this is the man who threw a lavish party with topless dancers for his dog, who he also had made an honorary marshal in the Thai air force, so yes, he may not exactly be walking the straight and narrow path of the dutiful and austere father of the nation lmao
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:43 am

-Ocelot- wrote:Actual Monarchy is outdated and I'm surprised it still exists in some nations. I hope they manage to reform it peacefully, so we don't end in a situation like Syria's.

Kowani wrote:Neither God nor King nor Master shall prevent the Liberty of Humanity.

Or General Secretary.
Monarchies are usually a symbolic front to a larger administration, and Thailand is no exception. Folks aren't against the monarchy per se, but the military rule that receives royal backing.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:45 am

Kubra wrote:
-Ocelot- wrote:Actual Monarchy is outdated and I'm surprised it still exists in some nations. I hope they manage to reform it peacefully, so we don't end in a situation like Syria's.

Or General Secretary.
Monarchies are usually a symbolic front to a larger administration, and Thailand is no exception. Folks aren't against the monarchy per se, but the military rule that receives royal backing.

Important to remember that military rule is also tied to the Bangkok capitalist class who've been repeatedly unable to defeat more populist parties in legitimate elections, and that royalism is in many ways just accessory to a struggle between the bourgeois capital dwellers and workers/rural farmers

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:50 am

Senkaku wrote:
Kubra wrote: Monarchies are usually a symbolic front to a larger administration, and Thailand is no exception. Folks aren't against the monarchy per se, but the military rule that receives royal backing.

Important to remember that military rule is also tied to the Bangkok capitalist class who've been repeatedly unable to defeat more populist parties in legitimate elections, and that royalism is in many ways just accessory to a struggle between the bourgeois capital dwellers and workers/rural farmers
more or less. It's telling that the European monarchies that survive the tumultuous 19th and 20th centuries were the ones who saw how the wind was blowing and got out of the way, and failing to do so is why we'll probably live to see a Thai Republic.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Nation of Hanguk
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nation of Hanguk » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:51 am

Well, Thailand has one of the strictest laws regarding criticizing the monarch.

Everyone is imperfect, therefore, everyone must know their faults, even if you're a "somebody" and if it's going to hurt you. And also, if the criticism is too much, they could just file a libel case.
KINGDOM OF COREA | 대한제국
Kicking Manchu asses out in the 1700s, now the bastion of modernity, democracy, and prosperity in Asia today

| NATIONAL PRESS AGENCY | Wage hikes and start-up support top PM Koo’s 2023 goals :: More objectifying? Corean male beauty pageants defend underwear-wearing competitions :: Chaebol Hansung gives year-end bonuses of up to 52 month :: Anger over shooting of chimpanzees in Ulsan zoo escape

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:00 am

I heard someone wanted to overthrow the monarchy.Anyone want an IKEA style guillotine?
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:09 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:I heard someone wanted to overthrow the monarchy.Anyone want an IKEA style guillotine?
(Image)

That construction does not fill me with confidence. It'll probably be finicky to assemble and will definitively break with any serious use. Hell the headboard alone looks like it's not more than 1cm. I can punch through that.
Last edited by Purpelia on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:17 am

Nation of Hanguk wrote:Well, Thailand has one of the strictest laws regarding criticizing the monarch.

Everyone is imperfect, therefore, everyone must know their faults, even if you're a "somebody" and if it's going to hurt you. And also, if the criticism is too much, they could just file a libel case.

I mean, the purpose of the law is less of to protect the king's feelings, and more of a tool to silence political critics that opposes the military-monarchy complex that has dictatorially opresses the country for decades (with gaps), so, you know. IIRC arrests related to the lese majeste law always spiked during and after a military coup.
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 am

Nation of Hanguk wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

Even though he's not the head of government, he's still a despotic and dictatorial guy:
“He gets regularly furious with people and expels them from his circle and throws them in jail before sometimes reinstating them,” Marshall told The Daily Beast.

The latest to suffer this fate was his “official” mistress, Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi, 35, who was named Chao Khun Phra, which means “royal noble consort,” shortly after he married his fourth wife, Queen Suthida.

In October 2019 it was announced that Sineenat had been stripped of the title in a palace statement that called her “ungrateful” for conducting a rivalry with Queen Suthida.

She is believed to have spent ten months in jail, but last month she was restored to her former position, with a statement published in the government’s Royal Gazette saying Sineenat was “untainted” and therefore entitled to the royal noble consort title and all her previous posts within the palace.

He lives lavishly in a hotel in Bavaria, only going to Thailand to do his mandatory ceremonies before hastily return to his ivory castle in one of his 38 airplane and helicopter fleet:
The billionaire king of Thailand, long accused of profligacy and extravagance, is alleged to have built up an extraordinary fleet of 38 jets and helicopters for the exclusive use of the Thai royal family.

The fleet of aircraft apparently includes four Boeing and three Airbus commercial aircraft, three Russian-made Sukhoi Superjet 100s, four Northrop F5-E light fighter jets and 21 helicopters, including three that are due to enter service next month. Maintenance, fuel, ground support and other costs of the fleet total almost $64m for the coming fiscal year, according to documents shared with the FT.

How is he able to do this? He seized control of billions of dollars’ worth of company shares and other royal property formerly held by the Crown Property Bureau. This is happening while Thailand's tourism industry is destroyed by Covid and people are suffering economically. Instead, the king lives happy and indifferent, enjoying life with his harem that will make both Kirito and Muhammad jealous:
Many of us are struggling to find things to keep us occupied while we're in coronavirus lockdown - not so the King of Thailand.

It has been reported King Maha Vajiralongkorn - also known as Rama X - has self-isolated in a hotel in Germany with 20 of his girlfriends.

The 67-year-old is said to have moved his entire harem of concubines into the high end Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl in Bavaria after he was given permission by authorities.

So you see, the king now lives a very happy and extravagant life, such as pictured below:
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:53 am

Well damn the man just radiates nobility. How could anyone doubt his divine right to rule after seeing those photos?
Everything is intertwinkled

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:31 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Well damn the man just radiates nobility. How could anyone doubt his divine right to rule after seeing those photos?

The new king certainly is not a man of his late father’s calibre. Authoritarian and conservative the previous king may have been, but there’s no doubt that he was committed towards actually ruling his realm, nor any doubt that he cared about the welfare of his country.

Stable electoral democracies generally tend to put out long strings of mediocre, uninteresting leaders. Monarchies, on the other hand, means rolling the dice every generation. Sometimes you get a good ruler, and other times, well...

Nation of Hanguk
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nation of Hanguk » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:15 am

I'm find the croptop image hilarious.

Plzen wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Well damn the man just radiates nobility. How could anyone doubt his divine right to rule after seeing those photos?

The new king certainly is not a man of his late father’s calibre. Authoritarian and conservative the previous king may have been, but there’s no doubt that he was committed towards actually ruling his realm, nor any doubt that he cared about the welfare of his country.

Stable electoral democracies generally tend to put out long strings of mediocre, uninteresting leaders. Monarchies, on the other hand, means rolling the dice every generation. Sometimes you get a good ruler, and other times, well...

No doubt that monarchies sustain national unity, political independence of the HoS and so on and so on. However, they must be groomed properly, not spoiled.
KINGDOM OF COREA | 대한제국

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 am

Apparently his authoritarianism is worse than I thought, case in point the treatment of his wife, staff, and family:
Vajiralongkorn met his third wife in a Thai nightclub. She was later featured in a famous YouTube video, leaked in 2007, almost naked, surrounded by servants, eating birthday cake off the floor with their white, fluffy poodle, Fufu. The dog was promoted to the rank of air vice marshal and given a four-day state funeral after his death a few years ago.

When she was divorced, the Thais were exposed to their future king’s cruelty, as he had most of her family, including her elderly parents, jailed.

The crown trust scandal is also far more massive than I originally realized. $50 billion is triple the annual defense spending of my country, Indonesia, and all that money are now being squandered to fund the King's lavish lifestyle.
Air Chief Marshal Satitpong Sukvimol will chair the bureau, a role which was previously held by the finance minister.

The opaque Crown Property Bureau has approximate assets of US$30-50 billion through its holdings in real estate and other investments.

Satitpong is Vajiralongkorn’s long-serving private secretary and was put in charge of the king’s private property in January.

The bureau controls the monarchy’s institutional assets, shares of Siam Commercial Bank, Thailand’s third-largest, and Siam Cement, the largest industrial conglomerate in a country that churns out charmless, concrete developments with breathtaking frequency.

Forbes once described the former king as the world’s richest monarch only to be scolded by the Thai embassy in Washington, which claimed assets in the Crown Property Bureau were not his but held “in trust for the nation”: not a claim that can be made anymore.

....“He seems determined to reassert the rule of monarchy and he doesn’t want all these rules and regulations … he wants everyone to know that he controls the money,” said the exiled reporter, whose work is banned in Thailand. He said that the previous king reportedly lived a relatively frugal life and the property bureau was managed by a separate, professional team.

“The current king is notoriously spendthrift. He has three 747s, for example, that he flies around regularly. He’s got two villas in Munich where he spends most of his time. He goes on these notorious shopping sprees around Europe. He once ordered a Thai take away from Stratford-upon-Avon [in England] when he was in Bangkok and Thai Airways had to fly it all the way there.

“So it’s quite possible we’re going to see this new money used in a far more active way by the new monarch, which I think will cause a lot of disquiet in Thailand.”

MacGregor Marshall said that Vajiralongkorn, from a young age, was unpopular in Thailand. Because of his arrogance, Vajiralongkorn was seen as a throwback to the era of absolute monarchy. As a notorious womaniser, now on his fourth marriage, he has disowned most of his seven children who live in exile in the US.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:58 am

Resilient Acceleration wrote:
Nation of Hanguk wrote:

Even though he's not the head of government, he's still a despotic and dictatorial guy:
“He gets regularly furious with people and expels them from his circle and throws them in jail before sometimes reinstating them,” Marshall told The Daily Beast.

The latest to suffer this fate was his “official” mistress, Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi, 35, who was named Chao Khun Phra, which means “royal noble consort,” shortly after he married his fourth wife, Queen Suthida.

In October 2019 it was announced that Sineenat had been stripped of the title in a palace statement that called her “ungrateful” for conducting a rivalry with Queen Suthida.

She is believed to have spent ten months in jail, but last month she was restored to her former position, with a statement published in the government’s Royal Gazette saying Sineenat was “untainted” and therefore entitled to the royal noble consort title and all her previous posts within the palace.

He lives lavishly in a hotel in Bavaria, only going to Thailand to do his mandatory ceremonies before hastily return to his ivory castle in one of his 38 airplane and helicopter fleet:
The billionaire king of Thailand, long accused of profligacy and extravagance, is alleged to have built up an extraordinary fleet of 38 jets and helicopters for the exclusive use of the Thai royal family.

The fleet of aircraft apparently includes four Boeing and three Airbus commercial aircraft, three Russian-made Sukhoi Superjet 100s, four Northrop F5-E light fighter jets and 21 helicopters, including three that are due to enter service next month. Maintenance, fuel, ground support and other costs of the fleet total almost $64m for the coming fiscal year, according to documents shared with the FT.

How is he able to do this? He seized control of billions of dollars’ worth of company shares and other royal property formerly held by the Crown Property Bureau. This is happening while Thailand's tourism industry is destroyed by Covid and people are suffering economically. Instead, the king lives happy and indifferent, enjoying life with his harem that will make both Kirito and Muhammad jealous:
Many of us are struggling to find things to keep us occupied while we're in coronavirus lockdown - not so the King of Thailand.

It has been reported King Maha Vajiralongkorn - also known as Rama X - has self-isolated in a hotel in Germany with 20 of his girlfriends.

The 67-year-old is said to have moved his entire harem of concubines into the high end Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl in Bavaria after he was given permission by authorities.

So you see, the king now lives a very happy and extravagant life, such as pictured below:

Good god. Thailand should definitely be a republic. I take it the lese majeste law applies worldwide? I read somewhere that foreigners landing in Thailand have been arrested upon arrival for insulting the King of Thailand from their home countries similar to the Hong Kong National Security Law.

The Thai junta is also responsible for aiding the then-Malaysian PM Najib Razak in covering up the 1MDB scandal
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:37 am

I just want to know why a 67 year old heterosexual man is wearing a fucking crop top in autumn in Bavaria, and also why the ostensible head of state and semi-divine monarch of an ancient and proud kingdom has tattoo sleeves and an overgrown tramp stamp

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 am

Senkaku wrote:I just want to know why a 67 year old heterosexual man is wearing a fucking crop top in autumn in Bavaria, and also why the ostensible head of state and semi-divine monarch of an ancient and proud kingdom has tattoo sleeves and an overgrown tramp stamp

Because he can.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 am

At the most basic level, Thailand having a monarchy is the minimum I would accept if I were Siamese. However, I like Thailand giving power to the King and think that system, in my very limited knowledge, is excellent. Thailand already has its primitive transvestite problem. The last thing we need is more degeneracy. No democratization or absolutely sweeping liberalization is neccessary.

Yet, I need to laser focus on the real problem; there is one thing that must, MUST change.

I have always been angered by Lese Majeste laws in Thailand. They flat out should not exist.

While all governments are allowed to exist by God, monarchies are special because of how the monarch becomes king. Kings themselves are ordained by God to rule in my religion, by the circumstances of their birth, and their rule is secured by the divine. A king does not need to punish his subjects for criticizing him, because God does not make mistakes.

I believe that a king that is being criticized to the point of needing Lese Majeste should look inward and ask if he is doing what is right for his subjects.

Were I the King of Thailand, I would advocate for an unrestricted right to dissent against me, my court, and my government. Criticism allows me to do better if neccesary, and brings my attention back to what matters: the subjects of the country I physically embody.

The same would go with me if I was a dictator; I don't see why I need to crack down on compliant people that hate me, nor why I need to prohibit their speech. If they serve my country, they are serving me, its embodiment. If I need to crush an idea that threatens the monarchy's existence, because the i dea has turned to violence or action,I will taget that idea on other merits. Let the people talk.

TLDR: End Lese Majeste. Kings rule by Divine Right and God does not make mistakes, so attacks against the king are not questions of his Divine Right. A king should not be allowed to shield himself from his subject's critique, as the king is ultimately meant to be the just, powerful steward of the country he physically embodies.

Super TLDR: End Lese Majeste. Beyond guns and freedom of religion, there is no right more important that the right to dissent and criticize the govenrment. Freedom of thought should not, and must not, be infringed.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:03 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Even though he's not the head of government, he's still a despotic and dictatorial guy:
[...]

Detaining a courtier at the king's command is different from detaining a subject. It shouldn't happen and it's a sign, but it doesn't really bother me like it would if this was a person being accused and jailed for fun outside of his court. Courtiers Gone Wild is different from denying your average Siamese man due process in and fair impartial tribunal.

Unlike society as a whole, the king's court is a voluntary institution. Don't like it? Don't be part of the court.

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:He lives lavishly in a hotel in Bavaria, only going to Thailand to do his mandatory ceremonies before hastily return to his ivory castle in one of his 38 airplane and helicopter fleet:

How is he able to do this? He seized control of billions of dollars’ worth of company shares and other royal property formerly held by the Crown Property Bureau. This is happening while Thailand's tourism industry is destroyed by Covid and people are suffering economically.
[/quote]

If the King funds this crazed fleet (I agree that thirty-eight jets is wasteful unless his family is that big)

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Instead, the king lives happy and indifferent, enjoying life with his harem that will make both Kirito and Muhammad jealous

No issue. He's an Oriental monarch. Oriental kings and emperors have always taken a huge harem to secure their bloodline. Heck, Judaism and Christianity don't even define polygamy as a sin. That's because it isn't one, even though God much prefers monogamy.

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:I take it the lese majeste law applies worldwide? I read somewhere that foreigners landing in Thailand have been arrested upon arrival for insulting the King of Thailand from their home countries similar to the Hong Kong National Security Law.
[/quote]

Lese Majeste MUST END in Thailand, and in every other monarchy in the world. See my previous post.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am

Its tend to be forgotten that not everyone wants democracy and some want to keep a certain ideology
Ive noticed America and Europe tend to forget that and dont allow for the ideology to wither away or not
Proud Winner Of The Game Of Defeat By Using The Queen Of England
Bala Mantre wrote:Except the mirrors are destroyed by the shear power of the Queen of England

COVID
5.684 Million Total Cases +120|169,580 Deaths +200|2.9 Million Recovered +3000|Bala Mantrean States to be under lockdown until Feburary 14th, 2021| Prime Minister Ian Pavlow wins his second term|Democrats yell fraud as the Senate and Parliament is now both Republican Dominated

I do not rp with stats, Im strictly non-stat
Current rp year: 2022
Been playing this game since January 17th 2014 and trust me, I remember (Kinda) what that was like.
Rping with Bala Mantrean Politics

BTCKOI RP!
Predicted 24005234 Million People to be living in Hak Li by 2035

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:08 am

Bala Mantre wrote:Its tend to be forgotten that not everyone wants democracy and some want to keep a certain ideology
Ive noticed America and Europe tend to forget that and dont allow for the ideology to wither away or not

It's self-defense. If we allow monarchs and dictators to act freely, they are going to brutalize us in the long run. Just look at China, which became super aggressive the second it gained some influence and how they are trying to dictate what other countries can do or not when criticizing the CCP.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:11 am

If I was a monarchist, I think I would want the monarch to live in the damn country where they king.
Everything is intertwinkled

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General