NATION

PASSWORD

NYPD Officer allegedly acting as agent of China

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

From the info given so far, do you think that Angwang was working for the PRC?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:12 pm

Yes
75%
No
16%
Other (Say below)
10%

Total votes : 63

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:53 am

The North America Union wrote:I'm genuinely surprised this didn't get more news attention...the media is so screwed up.

Have you chacked local media?
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:57 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:We haven't been doing enough to weed out the ChiCom spies in this country.

We can agree on something, wow.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:57 am

The fact that the guy is Tibetan is also kinda fucked up.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:06 am

Genivaria wrote:The fact that the guy is Tibetan is also kinda fucked up.

It is, but there were Russians, even occasionally Poles and Jews willing to work for the Nazis against their fellow people.
It is fucked up, but not horribly surprising.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:11 am

Novus America wrote:

It is, but there were Russians, even occasionally Poles and Jews willing to work for the Nazis against their fellow people.

the Judenrat.
I think that was what it was called.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Deltia-
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltia- » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 am

Most likely. Don't bring up that "betraying your people" shit or that cause most look after their needs first. They probably paid him a lot of cash and we know China ain't above this type of stuff.
Federal Kingdom of Deltia | Bundskongsriik Deltie
A PMT right-leaning liberal democracy in OTL Poland that's somewhat Germanic culturally and under a nominal constitutional monarchy with mecha-cops, quasi-workfare, and a very fast-growing economy with blackjack (and hookers!)
Overview | Monarch | Riikskanzler | Parties
(29/03/2022)Der Weld: Far-right terrorist in Kyoto stabs 8 |Now Playing:easy life - nightmares 
Stocks: ADV 35 - +0.2%|CAC- +0.6%|FTSE- +0.4%|DAX- +0.3%
A 13.4 civilization, according to this index.(Tier: 7|Level: 2|Type: 5)
Each good reply, Alisa will gain 1% sanity. Counting: -20
YL/AL thing for me
Vanquish the summerposters!
No NS stats
ADV 35=Deltian stock index

The North America Union
Attaché

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The North America Union » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am

-Astoria- wrote:
The North America Union wrote:I'm genuinely surprised this didn't get more news attention...the media is so screwed up.

Have you checked local media?

For the most part local media is non-biased and cover lots, and I enjoy that, obviously that varies in different places...I meant to say "the large media companies are screwed up".
Last edited by The North America Union on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Union of North America | United States of America | Canada
"Not another level of bureaucracy, but a union of cooperation" - U.S. President Robert Stanton
Views | Factbook Guide | Factbook Home | News
NS Stats Not Used | Nation Somewhat Represents Views | Fully Quote Me: Do Not Change/Alter My Quotes | Rated a 'Full Democracy' by this index
CNN | O.A.S. supposedly considering intervention in post coup Suriname - U.S. embassy offciers being evacuated from Suriname | U.S. continues pressure against escalating Azerbaijan dictatorship 

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Novus America wrote:

the Judenrat.

And also kapos in the camps.
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 am

The North America Union wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:Have you checked local media?

For the most part local media is non-biased and cover lots, and I enjoy that, obviously that varies in different places...I meant to say "the large media companies are screwed up".

Maybe they thought of it as a local issue; who knows?

Leon the Firm
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Leon the Firm » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 am

America went downhill after the 1965 Immigration Act.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:21 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:the Judenrat.

And also kapos in the camps.

This in particular seems very similar:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Żagiew
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:31 am

Not surprising considering its normal for countries to send spies to another country. My only concern is that American-Chinese people in NYC are going to face more racism due to this incident.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 am

I knew the NYPD sucked at vetting but I never knew their vetting was that shit that a Chinese secret agent became a cop.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 am

Aeritai wrote:Not surprising considering its normal for countries to send spies to another country. My only concern is that American-Chinese people in NYC are going to face more racism due to this incident.

It is not surprising per se, but it is sad we are not treating the PRC threat seriously enough.
They are a worse threat than the Soviets ever were.

I do agree we should not assume all ethnic Chinese are spies, and more importantly that the spies are only ethnic Chinese. “White” Americans, and Americans of all nationalities and races have been caught spying for the PRC.

A PRC spy could have blue eyes, blond hair and not any Asian descent at all.

In this case he was useful in being Tibetan as his fellow Tibetans would not think he was working against them, just as the Nazis used Jews to spy on Jews.

But the spies they use to spy on others might not be immigrants of course, the ideal PRC spy for spying on the general US population will be someone not Chinese at all. You cannot assume spies based on nationality or race, the best spy is the one you least expect.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 am

Novus America wrote:
Aeritai wrote:Not surprising considering its normal for countries to send spies to another country. My only concern is that American-Chinese people in NYC are going to face more racism due to this incident.

It is not surprising per se, but it is sad we are not treating the PRC threat seriously enough.

I do agree we should not assume all ethnic Chinese are spies, and more importantly that the spies are only ethnic Chinese. “White” Americans, and Americans of all nationalities and races have been caught spying for the PRC.

In this case he was useful in being Tibetan as his fellow Tibetans would not think he was working against them, just as the Nazis used Jews to spy on Jews.

But the spies they use to spy on others might not be, the ideal PRC spy for spying on the general US population will be someone not Chinese at all. You cannot assume spies based on nationality or race, the best spy is the one you least expect.

My dad once told me that racially profiling Arabs at the airport was a waste of time because if Al Qaeda wanted, they'd get some jihadi Joe type (Think Finnish American, blonde hair and blue eyes, convert to Islam and radical Islam at that) to blow a plane up. Just as anyone of any race can be a jihadist, anyone can be a Chinese agent.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:45 pm

Novus America wrote:

To be fair, while the PRC might be discriminatory, they are hardly open self-proclaimed racial supremacists like the Nazis were. I don't want to defend the PRC of course, but in the long run making misleading and hyperbolic claims just makes people look dishonest.

Feline Goetland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Feline Goetland » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Novus America wrote:

To be fair, while the PRC might be discriminatory, they are hardly open self-proclaimed racial supremacists like the Nazis were. I don't want to defend the PRC of course, but in the long run making misleading and hyperbolic claims just makes people look dishonest.

How is PRC different from Nazis then other than having a traditionally assimilationist culture instead of a segregationist one? That’s precisely how Russia which is also assimilationist instead of segregationist deals with populations they don’t like anyway..
Last edited by Feline Goetland on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goetland is not China.

China as a state is inherently evil which needs to be rectified by oppressed nations controlled by it regaining our righteous independence just like the independence of Finland, Baltic States, Poland and Ukraine from iterations of the Russian empire.

No more anti-Anglo, antisemitic and anti-Japanese nonsense, no more communist party, no more theft of wealth from Wu-speaking lands by Beijing, no more Boxer Rebellion-style xenophobia and it’s modern successors. America, Israel and Japan are inherently awesome.

Feline Goetland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Feline Goetland » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:12 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Novus America wrote:

But the spies they use to spy on others might not be, the ideal PRC spy for spying on the general US population will be someone not Chinese at all. You cannot assume spies based on nationality or race, the best spy is the one you least expect.

My dad once told me that racially profiling Arabs at the airport was a waste of time because if Al Qaeda wanted, they'd get some jihadi Joe type (Think Finnish American, blonde hair and blue eyes, convert to Islam and radical Islam at that) to blow a plane up. Just as anyone of any race can be a jihadist, anyone can be a Chinese agent.

(Any iteration of) China won’t be able to send any devoted suicide bomber anywhere unlike Muslim groups and Japan for it lacks any military tradition and treats its own troops like shit. China thrives in confusion, corruption and peace and collapses in serious warfare. Hence the solution to the Sinostatist problem needs to be militaristic. China and the Sinostatist tradition need to be extinguished just like Prussia and its militarism. Then with China buried sane and healthy polities can be established.
Last edited by Feline Goetland on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goetland is not China.

China as a state is inherently evil which needs to be rectified by oppressed nations controlled by it regaining our righteous independence just like the independence of Finland, Baltic States, Poland and Ukraine from iterations of the Russian empire.

No more anti-Anglo, antisemitic and anti-Japanese nonsense, no more communist party, no more theft of wealth from Wu-speaking lands by Beijing, no more Boxer Rebellion-style xenophobia and it’s modern successors. America, Israel and Japan are inherently awesome.

Feline Goetland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Feline Goetland » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Elimination of China is indeed an absolute necessity especially to people involuntarily associated with it including myself. The worst threat to people who have ancestral connection to China in history has always been whatever Sinostate there is at the moment. Sinostatism makes people weak, timid and easy to blackmail. Its harm needs several decades to undo.
Last edited by Feline Goetland on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goetland is not China.

Kexholm Karelia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kexholm Karelia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:19 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
La xinga wrote:Why do you think the PRC chose that?

New York is a hub of just about everything on the planet, including dissidents and enemies to the Chinese state. In this case it was a Tibetan loyalist keeping the PRC up to date on dissident activities overseas.

He wasn't the first and he's far from the last. PRC agents have masked themselves flawlessly into exchange students and other groups and we've known about it for years.

This is true

They have spies everywhere, they are trying their hardest to stop the biggest threat to totalitarianism and communism, which is America
Last edited by Kexholm Karelia on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right wing conservative
Media is the enemy of the people
CCP delenda est
orange man bad. diversity is our strength. real communism hasn’t been tried yet. the hong kong protestors are paid by the cia. antifa protestors are good, hong kong protestors are american bootlickers. China is a better alternative to America. uyghur genocide isn’t real, and it is western propaganda. Trump should not have killed Soleimani. gender is a social construct invented by white supremacists.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Novus America wrote:

I mean given Xi’s new Han supremacism, it is staring to look a lot more like early Nazi Germany. Things are changing, and for the worse. Xi is a different issue than his predecessors.

But sure they are not the exact same, but the method of using members of a persecuted minority as spies to infiltrate that minority is the same, it is not something unique to the Nazis.

My point was simply that this strategy is not unexpected, and any group large enough has some members willing to sell out to even those who wish to to horrible things to that group.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Feline Goetland wrote:

Elimination of China is indeed an absolute necessity especially to people involuntarily associated with it including myself. The worst threat to people who have ancestral connection to China in history has always been whatever Sinostate there is at the moment. Sinostatism makes people weak, timid and easy to blackmail. Its harm needs several decades to undo.

So I guess you believe that every Chinese-American is a spy for a PRC?
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Kexholm Karelia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kexholm Karelia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Please explain to me how the Uyghur camps are any different from Holocaust camps?
Right wing conservative
Media is the enemy of the people
CCP delenda est
orange man bad. diversity is our strength. real communism hasn’t been tried yet. the hong kong protestors are paid by the cia. antifa protestors are good, hong kong protestors are american bootlickers. China is a better alternative to America. uyghur genocide isn’t real, and it is western propaganda. Trump should not have killed Soleimani. gender is a social construct invented by white supremacists.

Feline Goetland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Feline Goetland » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Aeritai wrote:
Feline Goetland wrote:

So I guess you believe that every Chinese-American is a spy for a PRC?

No! In fact it is precisely because anti-PRC people of Chinese ancestry exist that the PRC needs to be eliminated ASAP. In fact any iteration of China is evil. However Sinostatism is a cultural phenomenon, not a racial one. It is not hereditary. Disconnection with China eliminates the source of continued infection in an individual and it is possible for people to be rehabilitated from Sinostatism in the same sense that one can recover from cults and other totalitarian ideologies such as fascism and communism.
Last edited by Feline Goetland on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Goetland is not China.

Feline Goetland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Feline Goetland » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

Please explain to me how the Uyghur camps are any different from Holocaust camps?

They are comparable to the concentration, not extermination camps for now. Will extermination camps be the next step? I hope not.
Goetland is not China.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General