NATION

PASSWORD

US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:39 pm

North Washington Republic wrote:Minneapolis City Council VP Andrea Jenkins Says Activists Held Her Captive

Gotta love those “peaceful anarchists” that hold a black trans women hostage.

lol fuck both of these people
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Omniabstracta » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:40 pm

North Washington Republic wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
If you're making the argument that having less police is causing the homicide rate to increase you need to prove that. That's how case studies work.

Minneapolis on pace for near-record homicide number, as city sees violent crime spike

Twin Cities rocked by uptick in serious crimes

And surely, the end of lockdowns, the reopening of the economy, the increase in arms sales during the pandemic, and the changes in material conditions for many people brought on by the pandemic had zero effect on this phenomenon. That’s how research works, folks.
Last edited by Omniabstracta on Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was golden, purple, violet, gray and blue. It lighted every peak, crevasse and ridge of the nearby mountain range with a clarity and beauty that cannot be described but must be seen to be imagined. It was that beauty that the great poets dream about but describe most poorly and inadequately..."

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Kowani wrote:it's always copaganda o'clock, isn't it

I know, it’s a choice between having no police, or having police that kill BIPOIC without consequence. There is no situation where we can have good policing that serves and protects everyone. :roll:

Kowani wasn't saying anything of the sort.
The current police establishment excesses have nothing to do with addressing crime surges and it seems faulty to implicitly frame it being punished as the reason for an surge of things they are mostly crap at solving.
#NSTransparency

North Washington Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:44 pm

Omniabstracta wrote:

And surely, the end of lockdowns, the reopening of the economy, the increase in arms sales during the pandemic, and the changes in material conditions for many people brought on by the pandemic had zero effect on this phenomenon. That’s how research works, folks.

Sure, the pandemic and the ending of lockdowns does play a role the crime spike. But crime was also rising in 202O also.
I’m a Wesleyan Christian center-left American Patriot. 29 year-old male and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pro: Jesus, The Holy Bible, Constitutional Republic, representative democracy, efficient and comprehensive welfare state, neoconservatism, civic nationalism, cannabis legalization, $15 an hour min.wage, religious liberty, LGBTQIA rights, Law & Order, police, death penalty, sensible reform of law enforcement, racial equity, peace through strength, NATO, EU
Anti: Satan, sin, anarchism, paleoconservatism, communism, libertarianism, fascism, ACAB, racism, populism, Trump(ism), Qanon, Putin, Xi, Taliban.
Economic Left/Right: -0.75. Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67
My 8values results

GET VACCINATED ASAP AND WEAR A MASK!!!

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:47 pm

Omniabstracta wrote:And surely, the end of lockdowns, the reopening of the economy, the increase in arms sales during the pandemic, and the changes in material conditions for many people brought on by the pandemic had zero effect on this phenomenon. That’s how research works, folks.

Sure, the pandemic and the ending of lockdowns does play a role the crime spike. But crime was also rising in 202O also.

That sounds like the pandemic. Even more so since whatever reforms had less time to impact things.

Correlation doesn't mean causation even if an pro-status quo makes it seem intuitive.
#NSTransparency

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:47 pm

Uiiop wrote:
I know, it’s a choice between having no police, or having police that kill BIPOIC without consequence. There is no situation where we can have good policing that serves and protects everyone. :roll:

Kowani wasn't saying anything of the sort.
The current police establishment excesses have nothing to do with addressing crime surges and it seems faulty to implicitly frame it being punished as the reason for an surge of things they are mostly crap at solving.

The reason why it’s “crap” is because Minneapolis doesn’t have enough police to meet the demand. The demoralizing of police has also made less people want to become cops. This includes good people that would have been wonderful police offices. Because you know, “AlL cOpS aRe BaStArDs”
I’m a Wesleyan Christian center-left American Patriot. 29 year-old male and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pro: Jesus, The Holy Bible, Constitutional Republic, representative democracy, efficient and comprehensive welfare state, neoconservatism, civic nationalism, cannabis legalization, $15 an hour min.wage, religious liberty, LGBTQIA rights, Law & Order, police, death penalty, sensible reform of law enforcement, racial equity, peace through strength, NATO, EU
Anti: Satan, sin, anarchism, paleoconservatism, communism, libertarianism, fascism, ACAB, racism, populism, Trump(ism), Qanon, Putin, Xi, Taliban.
My 8values results

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Uiiop wrote:Kowani wasn't saying anything of the sort.

The reason why it’s “crap” is because Minneapolis doesn’t have enough police to meet the demand. The demoralizing of police has also made less people want to become cops. This includes good people that would have been wonderful police offices. Because you know, “AlL cOpS aRe BaStArDs”

That sounds more like a "Fix policing" than "Stop not liking police" problem regardless of the causation.

As i've said police in general don't usually meet the demands any ways.
Last edited by Uiiop on Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NSTransparency

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:51 pm

North Washington Republic wrote:Minneapolis City Council VP Andrea Jenkins Says Activists Held Her Captive

why should i care
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
North Washington Republic wrote: that hold a black trans women hostage.

why should i care

It would help if it ain't just link to the new post yes.
#NSTransparency

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Uiiop wrote:

That sounds more like a "Fix policing" than "Stop not liking police" problem regardless of the causation.

Oh, but we can fix the problems within policing, defunding is not helpful and only benefits violent criminals.
My 8values results

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:54 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:

why should i care

Well, you cared enough to respond to my post.
Nobody is asking you to care.
Last edited by North Washington Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 8values results

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Uiiop wrote:That sounds more like a "Fix policing" than "Stop not liking police" problem regardless of the causation.

Oh, but we can fix the problems within policing, defunding is not helpful and only benefits violent criminals.

Just because ideally something should be well-funded doesn't mean the actual org is using that funding well.
I agree these are half measures at best and neo-liberalism at worse but you are ignoring just where the money's going and not questioning just how good these people are at these jobs anyways. There are more ways to fight crime with less shitty industries.
#NSTransparency

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:why should i care

Well, you made the initial post telling us about this literal who named Andrea Jenkins. Why should we care about her being accosted by activists?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:02 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:

Well, you made the initial post telling us about this literal who named Andrea Jenkins. Why should we care about her being accosted by activists?

She was literally held hostage until she singed a list of demands that these “activists” wanted.

Are you okay with holding elected politicians hostage? That is form is terrorism.
Last edited by North Washington Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 8values results

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:05 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:

*Looks the news article up*

I'm not a fan but having the people you rep ask you shit and making her wait in her car seems like the cost of doing business. NWA agrees they are not doing enough so why should he care?

It's not like we can just tone police people screwed over by cops.
#NSTransparency

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:Well, you made the initial post telling us about this literal who named Andrea Jenkins. Why should we care about her being accosted by activists?

She was literally held hostage until she singed a list of demands that these “activists” wanted.

Are you okay with holding elected politicians hostage? That is form is terrorism.

This is the logical conclusion of everything this woman has previously advocated for. She deserves it.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Well, you made the initial post telling us about this literal who named Andrea Jenkins. Why should we care about her being accosted by activists?

*Looks the news article up*

I'm not a fan but having the people you rep ask you shit and making her wait in her car seems like the cost of doing business. NWA agrees they are not doing enough so why should he care?

It's not like we can just tone police people screwed over by cops.

Um no. Nobody should be held hostage and agree to terms under duress. That is terrorism at worst and thuggery at best. This includes when it happens to elected politicians.
Last edited by North Washington Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 8values results

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:07 pm

It's at worst a citizen's filibuster. If other politicians can try to disrupt shit until they get what they want then why not the people?
#NSTransparency

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:07 pm

Uiiop wrote:

It's at worst a citizen's filibuster. If other politicians can try to disrupt shit until they get what they want then why not the people?

Because holding people hostage is a crime and an act of violence. That’s why.
My 8values results

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:08 pm

Uiiop wrote:It's at worst a citizen's filibuster. If other politicians can try to disrupt shit until they get what they want then why not the people?

Yawn.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:15 pm

Uiiop wrote:It's at worst a citizen's filibuster. If other politicians can try to disrupt shit until they get what they want then why not the people?

Protests were won even in the CRA by people holding hostages. That's was practically mr.Moderate-CRA Singer LBJ'd whole role in the CRM. Bullying everyone no matter whose side they were on.

You don't have to like it. I sure don't but that doesn't mean I care past the big picture.
#NSTransparency

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:22 pm

Uiiop wrote:

Protests were won even in the CRA by people holding hostages. That's was practically mr.Moderate-CRA Singer LBJ'd whole role in the CRM. Bullying everyone no matter whose side they were on.

You don't have to like it. I sure don't but that doesn't mean I care past the big picture.

Shit like holding a black trans women hostage isn’t going to lead the reforms that these “activist” were screeching about.
My 8values results

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:27 pm

Uiiop wrote:Protests were won even in the CRA by people holding hostages. That's was practically mr.Moderate-CRA Singer LBJ'd whole role in the CRM. Bullying everyone no matter whose side they were on.

Shit like holding a black trans women hostage isn’t going to lead the reforms that these “activist” were screeching about.

Sit-ins under your definition are all about terrorizing business owners who were probably not all white people. They were a key part of the CRM and as such your Generalizations are faulty even if the specific incident sucked(Though TBQH i don't think it necessarily matters either way anymore than the riots back in the CRM).

And again with source: LBJ the closest thing to centrist role-model on these issues was also an terrorist.
Last edited by Uiiop on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NSTransparency

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Uiiop wrote:

Sit-ins under your definition are all about terrorizing business owners who were probably not all white people. They were a key part of the CRM and as such your Generalizations are faulty even if the specific incident sucked(Though TBQH i don't think it necessarily matters either way anymore than the riots back in the CRM).

Comparing sit-ins to holding someone hostage is just ridiculous and nonsensical. The sitins were not preventing anyone leaving or moving. Standing in front of someone’s car, preventing them to move, screaming at them, asking them to sign something under duress is nothing like the sit-ins.

Also, having aggressive body language isn’t the same thing as holding someone hostage.
Last edited by North Washington Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 8values results

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:36 pm

How tragic.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General