NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion Thread] (POLL 4) A compromising position...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What would you consider to be the best 'compromise'?

Reduce abortions with welfare supports / other non-invasive measures, leave access untouched.
33%
Set conditions under which abortions can be accessed.
21%
Allow free access, under a given time limit.
9%
Allow free access, but give men an option to excuse themselves from child support.
10%
HELL WITH COMPROMISE, IT'S MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!
21%
Look out! They're here! Pink Elephants on Parade! Here they come, hippity hoppity!
5%

Total votes : 401

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 pm

It doesn't look like they know who did it yet, but we all know why
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

Flanderstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Flanderstan » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:21 pm

That reminds of a simpsons episode where ned flanders showed his kids a cartoon where the charecters made bombs to blow up planned parenthood.

I hate planned parenthood, but is arson really the way? No its not. You don't do that. Not Kosher.
Last edited by Flanderstan on Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New York Rangers fan

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Founded: Nov 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:22 pm

March for Life participants tell the Patriot Front they are not wanted.

This is the type of stuff I like to see. As a person that’s pro life, I think we should condemn violence extremists that are not pro-life whatsoever. We need MORE of this.
30 year old American male living in Minneapolis, MN.
Other than that, I’m not sure what I am.

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:27 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:March for Life participants tell the Patriot Front they are not wanted.

This is the type of stuff I like to see. As a person that’s pro life, I think we should condemn violence extremists that are not pro-life whatsoever. We need MORE of this.

they look like feds tbh
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Elwher
Powerbroker

Founded: May 24, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:32 am

Prima Scriptura wrote:March for Life participants tell the Patriot Front they are not wanted.

Many of these movements are strongly pro-life, and allies are always useful.
CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Ambrose Bierce

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:34 am

Elwher wrote:

You want to hug Fascists because they put up the Potemkin's village of pro-"life"ism?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 am

Flanderstan wrote:That reminds of a simpsons episode where ned flanders showed his kids a cartoon where the charecters made bombs to blow up planned parenthood.

I hate planned parenthood
, but is arson really the way? No its not. You don't do that. Not Kosher.

Why exactly?

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:45 am

Elwher wrote:

If you unironically want fascist white supremacists as allies then methinks some urgent introspection is sorely needed.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Elwher
Powerbroker

Founded: May 24, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Elwher wrote:

If you unironically want fascist white supremacists as allies then methinks some urgent introspection is sorely needed.

It is not what I want, I am not a member or supporter of March For Life or any suchlike organization. I am nearly pointing out that an ally's political stance on issues not related to one's own is not necessarily a disqualification for accepting their assistance in a specific cause. Many of the far-right groups strongly support a pro-life position, which might grant them a seat at the table.
CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Ambrose Bierce

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:10 am

Elwher wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you unironically want fascist white supremacists as allies then methinks some urgent introspection is sorely needed.

It is not what I want, I am not a member or supporter of March For Life or any suchlike organization. I am nearly pointing out that an ally's political stance on issues not related to one's own is not necessarily a disqualification for accepting their assistance in a specific cause. Many of the far-right groups strongly support a pro-life position, which might grant them a seat at the table.

Do you ever stop to ask yourself why fascists support reducing women to broodmares?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:19 am

Elwher wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you unironically want fascist white supremacists as allies then methinks some urgent introspection is sorely needed.

It is not what I want, I am not a member or supporter of March For Life or any suchlike organization.

I was using "you" in that context as the indefinite, i.e. not you specifically.

Elwher wrote:I am nearly pointing out that an ally's political stance on issues not related to one's own is not necessarily a disqualification for accepting their assistance in a specific cause. Many of the far-right groups strongly support a pro-life position, which might grant them a seat at the table.

...none of that does anything to respond to what I said, ignoring what one's allies stand for more broadly because one agrees with them on a singular issue is still asinine.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:31 pm

"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:34 pm

Filed under ‘things that will be more frequent if abortion is more heavily restricted’.

It will make people desperate, and when they’re desperate they’re not gonna be able to think clearly.
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:35 pm

I know you are using this as some kinda gotcha to try to pwn the pro-choice folk Sun, but you majorly miscalculated: the video you linked to involves a baby that has been born, so it isn't the slightest bit relevant here.

Wave on, wave on

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:54 pm

Funny the born baby wasn't using the women's body. So it wasn't the woman's body and thus wasn't a viable choice to abandon it. If she didn't want the born child there were a number of options available to her that didn't include abandoning the child in that manner.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:25 pm

I wonder if she was aware that she could easily give the child up for adoption without killing him. The quality of life in the system is debatable, but given that or being left for dead in a dumpster...

Regardless, it's probably irrelevant to this thread.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:30 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:I wonder if she was aware that she could easily give the child up for adoption without killing him. The quality of life in the system is debatable, but given that or being left for dead in a dumpster...

It is. But it’s an important example of what happens when people get desperate. That kind of thing just doesn’t occur to them. Not everybody can keep their head in a panic.
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:08 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:I wonder if she was aware that she could easily give the child up for adoption without killing him. The quality of life in the system is debatable, but given that or being left for dead in a dumpster...

While you are correct I would posit that the mother in question being a teenager likely implies a great deal of panic at what happened and terror at being ostracized.
That doesn't justify the decision but it makes the actions of a child not thinking straight somewhat understandable.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:09 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

I know you are using this as some kinda gotcha to try to pwn the pro-choice folk Sun, but you majorly miscalculated: the video you linked to involves a baby that has been born, so it isn't the slightest bit relevant here.

It gets worse: forcing kids to give birth and then dumping the baby in a hole to die is what certain pro-life Catholic institutions did for decades.
So it is the exact opposite message as they intended.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:08 am

I mean, this is the hell world you're trying to create by banning abortion. (Kinda part of the reason it was legalized to begin with. Also, the church did this for years to, so...)

Be prepared to see a massive spike of these cases if you get your way.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:35 am

New haven america wrote:

I mean, this is the hell world you're trying to create by banning abortion. (Kinda part of the reason it was legalized to begin with. Also, the church did this for years to, so...)

Be prepared to see a massive spike of these cases if you get your way.

I mean these people have convinced themselves by their self-righteous sanctimoniousness that outlawing abortion in every case is actually doing the world good, despite the mountains of skeletons that proves otherwise.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:50 am

These are the kinds of things that will happen all the time in a world where abortion is banned.

My guess is that she 1) needed help and couldn't get it, probably because she couldn't afford it and 2) didn't know about safe havens, otherwise she would have brought the baby to one of those spots. I don't suppose you support teenagers learning about their right to surrender a baby at a hospital or a fire station in sex ed? And I don't suppose you support the construction of baby boxes so that one can do that completely anonymously?
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Dogmeat
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:05 am

For shame Sun.
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:12 pm

Flanderstan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:It's not a sin if it's rape or incest though? Also, there's an abortion thread, we should take this there.

Sometimes it's just a necessary evil.

Don't dodge the question. Is it still a sin?
And what makes it "necessary" in those situations - any more necessary than the average abortion?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Jinggangshan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinggangshan » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:10 pm

My countries regulations are quite adequate, though that religiously affiliated hospitals still can refuse to perform abortions while receiving government funding should be stamped out. Hell, religious schools and hospitals should not exist in general, let them peddle their garbage somewhere else.
中国共产党万岁!
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Stellae signa sunt in caelo
Aureae, quae iungant nos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General