NATION

PASSWORD

[UPDATE] Charlie Hebdo targeted AGAIN

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should more cartoons of Mohammed be published in response to this latest attack?

Yes. We must not allow these Islamist terrorists to have the final say.
71%
No. We mustn't rock the boat any further.
29%

Total votes : 98

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Insaanistan wrote:
Imperialisium wrote:
Okay by Western kids do you mean children of Muslims born in Europe and North America? Because statistically more Mosques and Muslims in those areas have yielded more violence to an alarmingly high degree. Further, a number of European based Imams and Islamic teachers do promote radicalization either overt or subtle.

So...while I’m sure you have genuine optimism that this could work...mathematically it’s yielded the polar opposite for the last 20 years.

Hold up! No. More Muslims are not yielding more violence, dude.

It depends, Im a recently converted Sunni Muslim but I would never bring myself near the Shias like the Taliban or ISIS.
Sunnis are more peaceful and Shias are more extremist.
And for anyone to know, Sunnis only became more warlike after
A)Muhammed was almost assassinated by the Meccan offcials
B)Muslim Slaves, children and people lost property and were beaten and taxed heavily
C)Christans and their crusades
Proud Winner Of The Game Of Defeat By Using The Queen Of England
Bala Mantre wrote:Except the mirrors are destroyed by the shear power of the Queen of England

COVID
5.684 Million Total Cases +120|169,580 Deaths +200|2.9 Million Recovered +3000|Bala Mantrean States to be under lockdown until Feburary 14th, 2021| Prime Minister Ian Pavlow wins his second term|Democrats yell fraud as the Senate and Parliament is now both Republican Dominated

I do not rp with stats, Im strictly non-stat
Current rp year: 2022
Been playing this game since January 17th 2014 and trust me, I remember (Kinda) what that was like.
Rping with Bala Mantrean Politics

BTCKOI RP!
Predicted 24005234 Million People to be living in Hak Li by 2035

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:47 pm

The guys father is now saying he’s “proud” of his son

Shit doesn’t fall too far from the ass, it seems

He’s also requesting his son be brought back to Pakistan, basically wanting a radical Islamic terrorist set free
Last edited by Aureumterra III on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♔ The Empire of Aureumterra ♔

IIWiki
TL;DR Nordic Oppressive Absolute Empire
Maintainence Thread (Outdated)
Esvanovia, Ajax, etc. member

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:56 pm

Aureumterra III wrote:The guys father is now saying he’s “proud” of his son

He’s also requesting his son be brought back to Pakistan, basically wanting a radical Islamic terrorist set free

Same could be said about Christans and their beating of innocent Muslims after 9/11 just because they believe in something that every thinks is wrong. Just like Guantanimo Bay which I fully suggest you read The Report.
Bala Mantre wrote:Except the mirrors are destroyed by the shear power of the Queen of England

COVID
5.684 Million Total Cases +120|169,580 Deaths +200|2.9 Million Recovered +3000|Bala Mantrean States to be under lockdown until Feburary 14th, 2021| Prime Minister Ian Pavlow wins his second term|Democrats yell fraud as the Senate and Parliament is now both Republican Dominated

Been playing this game since January 17th 2014 and trust me, I remember (Kinda) what that was like.

BTCKOI RP!

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:56 pm

Were it legal, I would personally wish for him to face capital punishment rather than be extradited to that rogue ‘nation’. Alas I don’t think it is, so extensive imprisonment and rehabilitation is the best we can hope for.

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:58 pm

Albionist Great Britain wrote:

Were it legal, I would personally wish for him to face capital punishment rather than be extradited to that rogue ‘nation’. Alas I don’t think it is, so extensive imprisonment and rehabilitation is the best we can hope for.

Your bunching Muslims and terrorists together like every last one of them is bad to the bone.
Do you think Im going to bomb a tower because I believe in Islam?

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:

Same could be said about Christans and their beating of innocent Muslims after 9/11 just because they believe in something that every thinks is wrong. Just like Guantanimo Bay which I fully suggest you read The Report.

That’s not really comparable I think. I haven’t heard anything about Christians being congratulated for attacking innocent people, nor for their religion being supposedly insulted. This is what’s happened with this manchild; for the ‘crime’ of ‘insulting’ a warlord ‘prophet’ that’s been dead for over a millennium, two people were attacked by an overly sensitive idiot. As well, Guan-Bay isn’t comparable either as that’s a prison run by the state.

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:01 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:

Your bunching Muslims and terrorists together like every last one of them is bad to the bone.
Do you think Im going to bomb a tower because I believe in Islam?

Where did I imply either?

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:02 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:Same could be said about Christans and their beating of innocent Muslims after 9/11 just because they believe in something that every thinks is wrong. Just like Guantanimo Bay which I fully suggest you read The Report.

That’s not really comparable I think. I haven’t heard anything about Christians being congratulated for attacking innocent people, nor for their religion being supposedly insulted. This is what’s happened with this manchild; for the ‘crime’ of ‘insulting’ a warlord ‘prophet’ that’s been dead for over a millennium, two people were attacked by an overly sensitive idiot. As well, Guan-Bay isn’t comparable either as that’s a prison run by the state.

Ive seen a person being beaten for being a Muslim where I live in the US for less than what has happened

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Neuer Deutsches Reich
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 21, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Neuer Deutsches Reich » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:02 pm

Freedom of speech is something these Islamic terrorists don’t like. So we will not give in.
Economic Left/Right: -1.43
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.34

Pro: Europe - centrism - conservative - nationalism - LGBTQ’s - exploration and colonisation - life - racial and gender equality - freedom of speech - conscription - discussion

Anti: fascism - communism - AntiFa - multiculturalism - SJW - feminism - globalism - illegal immigration - pacifism - extreme religious

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:

Ive seen a person being beaten for being a Muslim where I live in the US for less than what has happened

Were they stabbed with intent to kill?
And to be honest, that’s just the US, I admittedly wouldn’t put it past more than a few people in that country.

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Neuer Deutsches Reich wrote:Freedom of speech is something these Islamic terrorists don’t like. So we will not give in.

Its been shown that Terrorists are not mostly Muslims but are mostly people of other religions from their home countries

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:
Neuer Deutsches Reich wrote:Freedom of speech is something these Islamic terrorists don’t like. So we will not give in.

Its been shown that Terrorists are not mostly Muslims but are mostly people of other religions from their home countries

Source?

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:Its been shown that Terrorists are not mostly Muslims but are mostly people of other religions from their home countries

Source?

I cant exactly send the link right now but it was a CNN article done on ISIS and what is the capacity of the terrorists in it done in 2018

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:08 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:
Source?

I cant exactly send the link right now but it was a CNN article done on ISIS and what is the capacity of the terrorists in it done in 2018

I see.

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:I cant exactly send the link right now but it was a CNN article done on ISIS and what is the capacity of the terrorists in it done in 2018

I see.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/world/is ... index.html
Here it is, I just had to switch from my phone to my laptop

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:11 pm

I did not answer the poll because I agree with neither option presented.

Certainly these attacks should not hold anyone back from publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad if it is appropriate, but nor should they inspire anyone to create cartoons of Mohammad that would not have been created in the absence of these attacks.

To paraphrase a much smarter person than I, terrorists can never defeat us. But we can easily defeat ourselves.

Why change society because of, or offer a collective response to, an isolated attack affecting all of two people?
Last edited by Plzen on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Plzen wrote:I did not answer the poll because I agree with neither option presented.

Certainly these attacks should not hold anyone back from publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad if it is appropriate, but nor should they inspire anyone to create cartoons of Mohammad that would not have been created in the absence of these attacks.

To paraphrase a much smarter person than I, terrorists can never defeat us. But we can easily defeat ourselves.

Why change society because of, or offer a collective response to, an isolated attack affecting all of two people?

Its just insulting to me, that someone who wouldnt ever offend Jesus would go ahead and say that offending Islam's Mohammed is fine

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:20 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:
Plzen wrote:I did not answer the poll because I agree with neither option presented.

Its just insulting to me, that someone who wouldnt ever offend Jesus would go ahead and say that offending Islam's Mohammed is fine

At least you agree with evangelical Christians that are tired of atheists mocking their religion.

Terrorists murdering people because they got their feelings hurt shows who the snowflakes are. I mean, Charlie Hebdo's a satirical magazine for crying out loud.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:20 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:Its just insulting to me, that someone who wouldnt ever offend Jesus would go ahead and say that offending Islam's Mohammed is fine

Jesus shouldn’t be, and currently isn’t, immune from satire and humour either.

If a religious faith, regardless of which religion, demands that secular norms adhere to it rather than itself adhering to secular norms, then I’m all in favour of seeing the faith end. Such dangerous cults are a threat to civil society.

That goes no less for the radical Catholics that we occasionally see on these forums than it does for Islamic terrorists like the attackers of Charlie Hebdo.
Last edited by Plzen on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Please stop making bad polls and refusing to change them , GHK.

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Bala Mantre wrote:Its just insulting to me, that someone who wouldnt ever offend Jesus would go ahead and say that offending Islam's Mohammed is fine

At least you agree with evangelical Christians that are tired of atheists mocking their religion.

Terrorists murdering people because they got their feelings hurt shows who the snowflakes are. I mean, Charlie Hebdo's a satirical magazine for crying out loud.

It would be the one thing Muslims like me and Christains would agree on
Oh well, our culture is too politically correct but if we judged every single religion not one would be free of malice

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:

Implying the studio or others like them haven’t drawn satirical material on Christians or Jesus?
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Imperialisium wrote:

Implying the studio or others like them haven’t drawn satirical material on Christians or Jesus?

Im just saying, Islamicphobia is something thats keeping me from fully letting everyone know Im a Muslim.
Yes there are bad apples in everything, but simply saying because your Islamic so your a terrorist is something that rather upsets me.

COVID

BTCKOI RP!

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:36 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:
Imperialisium wrote:

Im just saying, Islamicphobia is something thats keeping me from fully letting everyone know Im a Muslim.
Yes there are bad apples in everything, but simply saying because your Islamic so your a terrorist is something that rather upsets me.

And it should upset you. It’s an upsetting accusation regardless of religion. I’m pretty sure everyone here is with you on that one. In terms of ending those presumptions? That has to come from the Muslim community I’m afraid. That’s were any real change that is long lasting has to come from.
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Imperialisium wrote:
Kowani wrote:Source?

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 19-00436-8

It will take me a bit to dredge up the London Metropolitan Police reports and reports from France and Germany.

Thanks, I'll take a look.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General