NATION

PASSWORD

The Quad Alliance: Asia’s NATO?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Whitemore wrote:
Novus America wrote:
But that is why we must ensure India is strong enough to face the PRC. If the PRC can beat India into submission we are screwed.
I am not advocating the US and India attack the PRC, that is not the goal. The goal is not for India to “win” a decisive victory over the PRC (India does not even seek that), the objective is to make sure India does not lose.

Keeping India strong, and able to keep the PRC on a two front defensive buys us time.

The PRC cannot face is in the ocean and the India on the land at the same time. The more the PRC builds up its naval forces, the weaker its land forces become.

If the PRC can eliminate India as a ground competitor, they can pump all their resources into their naval and air forces in the Pacific. But as long as India is strong, doing that is less viable.

I see what you're saying but I honestly do not believe China could beat India down militarily, perhaps they could hit a stalemate in the vast mountains between their nations but I could never see China beating India so harshly that they would start to conquer them.

Fair, them we are not in so much disagreement. The key here though is I do kit want to risk it. I do not believe the PRC would conquer all India per se, but could possibly hit it hard enough that it could leave India unable to stand up. The PRC does not need to match into New Delhi (which is not what it plans to do). But if the PRC can seize substantial territories along the border, dominate it economically and politically, and leave it weak and afraid to fight back, then it can focus all its resources against us in the Pacific. The PRC wants to dominate both the Pacific and Indian Oceans, and it it can control one, it can them focus everything on taking the other.

The ultimate goal is to keep the PRC contained in both directions, contained from spreading East and South.
This is the real key, because if it cannot expand East and and South it will go West and North, putting it in conflict with Russia. And leaving our place in the Pacific secure.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:10 pm

The American Free States wrote:
Whitemore wrote:
What the..

Any additional support this alliance can possibly get, it needs to take. Including siding with Russia. Siding with Russia also prevents the war from turning nuclear, since China doesn’t hold the same nuclear capability as Russia or America.

Russia would never side with us with their current government in-charge and the mindset that we plan to invade us via Europe. If perhaps we were somehow able to relax tensions in both the Caucasus and Europe and also have Russia itself overthrow Putin then maybe they'd want to enter into an Alliance with us, otherwise I see no way they'd betray their only Ally they have against us.
★ The Empire of Whitemore ★ - " We will reach the Gates of Heaven!"

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Novus America wrote:
Whitemore wrote:
I see what you're saying but I honestly do not believe China could beat India down militarily, perhaps they could hit a stalemate in the vast mountains between their nations but I could never see China beating India so harshly that they would start to conquer them.

Fair, them we are not in so much disagreement. The key here though is I do kit want to risk it. I do not believe the PRC would conquer all India per se, but could possibly hit it hard enough that it could leave India unable to stand up. The PRC does not need to match into New Delhi (which is not what it plans to do). But if the PRC can seize substantial territories along the border, dominate it economically and politically, and leave it weak and afraid to fight back, then it can focus all its resources against us in the Pacific. The PRC wants to dominate both the Pacific and Indian Oceans, and it it can control one, it can them focus everything on taking the other.

The ultimate goal is to keep the PRC contained in both directions, contained from spreading East and South.
This is the real key, because if it cannot expand East and and South it will go West and North, putting it in conflict with Russia. And leaving our place in the Pacific secure.

India is already unstable as it is, with millions of different ethnic groups within their Country I'm surprised they have even lasted this long without falling into Civil War. Perhaps we could fiance India and maybe, maybe, with the approval of the US Congress and India send military units to aide them in their fight but outright allying with such an unstable country makes me nervous. I don't want a situation where India collapses and our military units are surrounded on all sides by various rebel grounds armed with Indian Weaponry and then having the People's Liberation Army closing in with no major resistance to them.
Last edited by Whitemore on Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:While I think Vietnam may seriously consider it, I highly doubt the Phillipines will go for it, considering Duterte is in China’s favor

If Duterte rejects it, he'll face even more backlash. But I don't think he cares anyway, so long as his main base is intact.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:25 pm

Whitemore wrote:
The American Free States wrote:
Any additional support this alliance can possibly get, it needs to take. Including siding with Russia. Siding with Russia also prevents the war from turning nuclear, since China doesn’t hold the same nuclear capability as Russia or America.

Russia would never side with us with their current government in-charge and the mindset that we plan to invade us via Europe. If perhaps we were somehow able to relax tensions in both the Caucasus and Europe and also have Russia itself overthrow Putin then maybe they'd want to enter into an Alliance with us, otherwise I see no way they'd betray their only Ally they have against us.

True. And here is the trick. If we can take the economic steps I propose, build a strong defensive bulwark from Japan to India. Then the PRC is checked from spreading East and South, and checked from becoming a major naval power outside the the first island chain. BUT the PRC will still be a major land peer, desperately hungry for natural resources still and with its naval ambitions checked, and economy weakened go for cheaper land forces over more expensive naval ones that just sit bottled up.

If the US and Japan are the dominant powers in the Pacific, India the dominant power in the Indian subcontinent, and ideally big player in the Middle East (India relies on Middle Eastern oil as much as the PRC does, but we do not).
Then the PRC will have nowhere to go but North and West to get the additional peer, land and resources it craves.

That will make Russia PRC conflict basically unavoidable.

Russia wants and needs the PRC to expand South and East, away from Russia. If the PRC is contained South and East, then Russia is in a really bad spot. While I do not think they will ever be our ally or friend, but if the PRC becomes a bigger threat to them, they have no choice but to treat us as the enemy of their enemy.

And then Russia can ironically play a the same role the PRC did in the 70s and 80s. Russia will be forced to move more forces to Asia, leaving it less a threat in Europe as well.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Kowani wrote:And the nuclear clock ticks one second closer.

It's better than leaving China unchecked.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:34 pm

Novus America wrote:
Whitemore wrote:

True. And here is the trick. If we can take the economic steps I propose, build a strong defensive bulwark from Japan to India. Then the PRC is checked from spreading East and South, and checked from becoming a major naval power outside the the first island chain. BUT the PRC will still be a major land peer, desperately hungry for natural resources still and with its naval ambitions checked, and economy weakened go for cheaper land forces over more expensive naval ones that just sit bottled up.

If the US and Japan are the dominant powers in the Pacific, India the dominant power in the Indian subcontinent, and ideally big player in the Middle East (India relies on Middle Eastern oil as much as the PRC does, but we do not).
Then the PRC will have nowhere to go but North and West to get the additional peer, land and resources it craves.

Russia wants and needs the PRC to expand South and East, away from Russia. If the PRC is contained South and East, then Russia is in a really bad spot. While I do not think they will ever be our ally or friend, but if the PRC becomes a bigger threat to them, they have no choice but to treat us as the enemy of their enemy.

And then Russia can ironically play a the same role the PRC did in the 70s and 80s. Russia will be forced to move more forces to Asia, leaving it less a threat in Europe as well.

I suppose I can agree with what you're saying, though most of this is relying on Luck alone for it to happen and not for anything to get in the way of things. Also, what are the economic steps you recommend for this?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Whitemore wrote:
Novus America wrote:

India is already unstable as it is, with millions of different ethnic groups within their Country I'm surprised they have even lasted this long without falling into Civil War. Perhaps we could fiance India and maybe, maybe, with the approval of the US Congress and India send military units to aide them in their fight but outright allying with such an unstable country makes me nervous. I don't want a situation where India collapses and our military units are surrounded on all sides by various rebel grounds armed with Indian Weaponry and then having the People's Liberation Army closing in with no major resistance to them.

Well that is why I want to make sure we help keep India stable. Nothing causes more instability than a military defeat.

But actually I agree mostly.
I have no interest in stationing US troops in India, (which India does not want) simply providing India with diplomatic support, intelligence, weapons and the like. Also as we cut off the PRC economy a source of labor for things requiring large smiths of labor.

I think it is more a semantics of what and alliance would entail. It would be very different than what NATO has become. I take the the more Eisenhower/Nixon doctrine approach, in which we build up local capabilities rather than fighting their wars for them.

Rather by them securing their area we can secure ours. And vice a versa. Rather than them relying on our ground troops directly. I have no desire to keep a large land force on the Eurasian continent. Rather that we have friendsly countries that can provide their own strong ground forces, while we defend the air and sea over the Atlantic and Pacific. As long as we can maintain economic self sufficiency (which is where my economics actions against the PRC come in) and be the dominant naval and air power in the air and Pacific we are secure.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Meanwhile China has been firing off 'aircraft-carrier missiles' into the South China Sea as a warning to the US..

The DF-26 dual-capable missile is a type of weapon banned by the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty treaty signed by the US and Soviet Union towards the end of the Cold War. When the US withdrew from the treaty last year, it cited China’s deployment of such weapons as justification.

Good times 2020. I feel if China wants to get Taiwan under control before the 100 year anniversary of the CCP then they probably want Trump to lose so they can go in the transition period when Trump will be at max internal focus.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:44 pm

Novus America wrote:
Whitemore wrote:

Well that is why I want to make sure we help keep India stable. Nothing causes more instability than a military defeat.

But actually I agree mostly.
I have no interest in stationing US troops in India, (which India does not want) simply providing India with diplomatic support, intelligence, weapons and the like. Also as we cut off the PRC economy a source of labor for things requiring large smiths of labor.

I think it is more a semantics of what and alliance would entail. It would be very different than what NATO has become. I take the the more Eisenhower/Nixon doctrine approach, in which we build up local capabilities rather than fighting their wars for them.

Rather by them securing their area we can secure ours. And vice a versa. Rather than them relying on our ground troops directly. I have no desire to keep a large land force on the Eurasian continent. Rather that we have friendsly countries that can provide their own strong ground forces, while we defend the air and sea over the Atlantic and Pacific. As long as we can maintain economic self sufficiency (which is where my economics actions against the PRC come in) and be the dominant naval and air power in the air and Pacific we are secure.

Alright, I wasn't sure if you felt we needed to station troops in Eurasia as another way to halt Chinese Expansion, that's why I brought that up. I am happy to see we agree on that. I have always liked the Eisenhower/Nixon approach to Foreign Policy, I honestly wish we'd go back to their ways sometimes but then I remember the word has moved past us being able to do that. I can agree to us sending Intelligence, weapons, medicine etc, but us allying them still makes me feel uneasy. If it helps prevent Chinese domination over Asia then so be it.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:56 pm

Whitemore wrote:
Novus America wrote:

I suppose I can agree with what you're saying, though most of this is relying on Luck alone for it to happen and not for anything to get in the way of things. Also, what are the economic steps you recommend for this?

The key economic step is decoupling from the PRC economically, starting by banning their state owned industries and slave industries entirely and immediately, then increasing all tariffs on them 1% per month indefinitely on everything else from them This means nobody will move production for our market their, and eventually have to pull all their production destined to us out.

But we do also offer the PRC the possibility of stopping the tariff raise. Of course this would just be a distraction, to give them a false sense of hope. We never would stop it. By 2030 with all PRC products facing a 120% nobody here would buy them. Thus we we would be free of them again.

Also we create a massive re-shoring fund, the subsidize the rebuilding and expanding of US manufacturing.
At least in key things like electronics, steel, aluminum, rare earths and shipbuilding. Those we can and must bring back, even they need subsidies and protections.

Now some of the cheap crap that relies on mass labor (and we do not even really need) like holiday decorations and other such products, that is not going here. But Indonesia, India, Mexico, Brazil and so on can provide that stuff. The quad could and should have and economic component, India, Australia, Japan and the US have a collective interest in moving our productivity on out of the PRC and into our own areas.

Then we can better build up our defensive line against them. Economic strength, especially in technology and manufacturing is the key to military strength.

Sure there is no guarantee of success but I think this is the best strategy going forward.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Bombadil wrote:Meanwhile China has been firing off 'aircraft-carrier missiles' into the South China Sea as a warning to the US..

The DF-26 dual-capable missile is a type of weapon banned by the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty treaty signed by the US and Soviet Union towards the end of the Cold War. When the US withdrew from the treaty last year, it cited China’s deployment of such weapons as justification.

Good times 2020. I feel if China wants to get Taiwan under control before the 100 year anniversary of the CCP then they probably want Trump to lose so they can go in the transition period when Trump will be at max internal focus.

Actually if a Trump loses, then Inauguration Day would be the perfect time to try something big.
Do it right as the Biden is swearing in.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:09 pm

Novus America wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Meanwhile China has been firing off 'aircraft-carrier missiles' into the South China Sea as a warning to the US..

Actually if a Trump loses, then Inauguration Day would be the perfect time to try something big.

I'd go with between C'mas and NYE just prior to the Inauguration. Having said that I'm getting that nasty feeling Trump will win..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:36 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Novus America wrote:

I'd go with between C'mas and NYE just prior to the Inauguration. Having said that I'm getting that nasty feeling Trump will win..

Four more years of an impotent tinpot man would be nice, would give us some more memes at least.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:23 am

Lunas Legion wrote:They already tried an Asian NATO. It was called SEATO, and it failed fairly hard. Neither South Korea or Japan joined, both being happy enough with pre-existing defence arrangements with the US, and it never really accomplished much of anything.

This really is just SEATO 2. Granted, it has more to work with than SEATO or it's unmade proposed predecessors did with a more threatening China, but it'll need to bring in more nations before it's anything remotely near an Asian NATO. The entire point of NATO was to stop Soviet encroachment onto the smaller, more vulnerable nations; unless this alliance starts incorporating Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand etc, it's just a mild expansion of pre-existing US-Japan and US-Australia arrangements to include India, which will push Pakistan more firmly into the Chinese camp.

All it is, is a collection of important strategic nations that just happen to be in or close to important areas that China wishes to control. If they didn't bother including Singapore, which is literally the most strategically important nation in Asia, it's not really all that exciting.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:08 pm

According to Taiwan's leadership, chances are they will be a war in the South China Sea. China, in a warning to the US, last week fired missiles from the mainland into the South China sea. The missiles included that new Carrier destroying missile they created. In response the US, which has been sending naval ships and drones into the South China Sea, is going to send 50 additional naval ships which include missile ships. Has for the Philippines, they have said that if China touches one of there naval ships that they will ask the US for help. Both the US and Philippines have a mutual defense treaty. Seems things between China and the Philippines have quickly heated up after China accused the Philippines of flying planes over what China considers there waters and which the Philippines says belongs to there EEZ. Over the past hours, China has sent troops to the border with India. The Indians are not happy. Supposedly, they were going to cross over into Indian controlled territory but they stopped short when they say the Indian military. Seems China is arming up this border region near India. Add in the US election, the incumbent Pres. might use the excuse of a war with China to get re-elected. So chances are good that a war could start. It just takes some real misunderstanding between both sides to start it.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:10 pm

Rio Cana wrote:According to Taiwan's leadership, chances are they will be a war in the South China Sea. China, in a warning to the US, last week fired missiles from the mainland into the South China sea. The missiles included that new Carrier destroying missile they created. In response the US, which has been sending naval ships and drones into the South China Sea, is going to send 50 additional naval ships which include missile ships. Has for the Philippines, they have said that is China touches one of there naval ships that they will ask the US for help. Both the US and Philippines have a mutual defense treaty. Seems things between China and the Philippines have quickly heated up after China accused the Philippines of flying planes over what China considers there waters and which the Philippines says belongs to there EEZ. Over the past hours, China has sent troops to the border with India. The Indians are not happy. Supposedly, they were going to cross over into Indian controlled territory but they stopped short when they say the Indian military. Seem China is arming up this border region near India. Add in the US election, the incumbent Pres. might use the excuse of a war with China to get elected. So chances are good that a war could start. It just takes some real misunderstanding between both sides to start it.

Ah yes, I completely forgot about today’s developments on the India-China border

India accuses China of 'provocative military movements' at border
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Rio Cana wrote:According to Taiwan's leadership, chances are they will be a war in the South China Sea. China, in a warning to the US, last week fired missiles from the mainland into the South China sea. The missiles included that new Carrier destroying missile they created. In response the US, which has been sending naval ships and drones into the South China Sea, is going to send 50 additional naval ships which include missile ships. Has for the Philippines, they have said that is China touches one of there naval ships that they will ask the US for help. Both the US and Philippines have a mutual defense treaty. Seems things between China and the Philippines have quickly heated up after China accused the Philippines of flying planes over what China considers there waters and which the Philippines says belongs to there EEZ. Over the past hours, China has sent troops to the border with India. The Indians are not happy. Supposedly, they were going to cross over into Indian controlled territory but they stopped short when they say the Indian military. Seem China is arming up this border region near India. Add in the US election, the incumbent Pres. might use the excuse of a war with China to get elected. So chances are good that a war could start. It just takes some real misunderstanding between both sides to start it.

Ah yes, I completely forgot about today’s developments on the India-China border

India accuses China of 'provocative military movements' at border

This is a video on that Indian China development direct from India. Indian news services have been hitting China hard. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaIym4EQK7s

This on the missiles and Philippines problem with China - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_5PY1Vgxdk&t=1s

This just happened today. Seems China is encroaching on Nepals territory - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLie9KVQHM
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Heimsveldi
Secretary

Founded: Jul 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Heimsveldi » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:42 pm

Everyone is so focused on quads. What about the glutes?

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:05 pm

Hey I know what let's do, let's spend years negotiating a gold standard multinational trade alliance in the region so we can bolster smaller nations that might be tempted by China's Belt and Road scheme and then...erm...uh...oh nevermind...

Trillions for the military-industrial complex, not one red cent for the working class?
8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:37 pm

So long as the South East Asian nations are included then we're good.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:55 am

I would really like to see South Korea added to this alliance, but I am afraid they might be reluctant to join because of their hostility towards Japan and their fear of angering North Korea. Maybe if in the next elections the Democratic Party was voted out and replaced with the United Future Party, then perhaps South Korea would be more likely to cooperate. But in terms of domestic policy, the United Future Party mostly seems to be worse.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:35 am

While China needs to be contained, I don't think the answer to defeating China is just outsource all of our shit to India. That's just going to create this same issue in 40 years.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Parxland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Parxland » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:56 am

India finally chose a damn side. About time. Not that it wasn't obvious they were against communist china. But It's telling they formed a pact with the US over Russia. I was concerned India would try to sit neutral in any major conflict.
- < D O O M > -

Carnife
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Carnife » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:04 am

Same, China has managed to exploit the tenacious political climate to their own strategic advantage. It's clear that they want to shore up their own political and global power in order to establish a stronghold over their regional interests. It's clear that it's not in India's interest to preserve it's stagnant neutrality, in light of China's strategy for South Asia.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General