NATION

PASSWORD

Greece dumps refugees in Ocean tells Turkey Deal with it

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:39 am

Andsed wrote:Those consequences should be simple deportation. Not being murdered because some Greeks are either to lazy to drop them off on land or just spiteful.

Its not murder, if they brought enough provisions to make a trip, it is on them if they didn't bring provisions for if they failed in their objective. A naval blockade would arguably have the same effect. If they can't slip past a line of ships patrolling, they'll have to turn back to where they came from or go elsewhere.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:39 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Andsed wrote:Those consequences should be simple deportation. Not being murdered because some Greeks are either to lazy to drop them off on land or just spiteful.

You can keep calling it murder, it's national defence.

Nobody made them make that trip, these were PERSONAL decisions.

Personal decisions motivated by a war in the homelands.

And does dumping refugees in the sea with a shoddy boat really count as national defence?
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 am

Strala wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Sure, they have the right to go somewhere else, if a nation says " Do not come here, we will not offer you pity" and your dumb enough to make that journey anyways, then(adult time ladies and gents) you accept the consequences of your actions.

Western Nations do not need to be the dumping ground of the entire third world.

So Western Nations are allowed to criticize other nations for their human right abuses and how cruel they are to other people but when it comes to them actually doing something about it, they are allowed to back out and kick other people out. The western world is supposed to be a beacon to show the rest of the world how they should run things.

the Western world is supposed to be an example of what to become, it's not supposed to become a continental refuge camp.

The Turks have plenty of space and resources, Greece is a much smaller nation(who has been brutalized by the ottomans and turks for hundreds of years)

so SPARE us your crying about how inconsiderate western nations are
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 am

Nazeroth wrote:

Right and staying in a war torn nation is obviously the choose you would take. Would you call the Hong Kong riots a protest?

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

And does dumping refugees in the sea with a shoddy boat really count as national defence?

Yup

these refugees are being used strategically by world powers like Turkey to destabilize other nations.

If your a Muslim Turk would you want thousands or even millions of Orthodox Christian Greeks to be forced upon you? and then if you disagree to call you racist or bigot?
Last edited by Nazeroth on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:42 am

Strala wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Right and staying in a war torn nation is obviously the choose you would take. Would you call the Hong Kong riots a protest?

Western nations fought and spilled huge swathes of blood to fix themselves and evolve into the envy of the worlds poor.

pick up a weapon and get it the fuck done instead of crying and fleeing your homeland for a western government paycheck.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Strala wrote:So Western Nations are allowed to criticize other nations for their human right abuses and how cruel they are to other people but when it comes to them actually doing something about it, they are allowed to back out and kick other people out. The western world is supposed to be a beacon to show the rest of the world how they should run things.

the Western world is supposed to be an example of what to become, it's not supposed to become a continental refuge camp.

The Turks have plenty of space and resources, Greece is a much smaller nation(who has been brutalized by the ottomans and turks for hundreds of years)

And this again proves my point. Why should non western nations care about taking in migrants when the nations that should be showing others how it's done refuses to take in migrants.

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:44 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:-snip-

In my humble opinion. Let's force the Globalist governments of the West to stop sending cash and lead towards the middle east to unstablize it then.
Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:When the Syrian government chose to bomb their own cities, they essentially guaranteed that brain drain you talk of.

I also know Al-Assad is an asshole too. But i can't see much options apart from declaring "Not my problem". Let Al-Assad get the paycheck of rebuilding then.
Last edited by Vaspelia on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:44 am

Nazeroth wrote:

Yup

these refugees are being used strategically by world powers like Turkey to destabilize other nations.

If your Muslim Turk would you want thousands or even millions of Orthodox Christian Greeks to be forced upon you? and then if you disagree to call you racist or bigot?

If I were a Muslim Turk, assuming I hold the same views, yes I would accept them.

And really, people leaving their homes despite how much they don’t want to because of war is manipulation of foreign powers?

A bit odd you call Turkey a world power as well, they lost their status after the Ottomans were split apart.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:45 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Strala wrote:Right and staying in a war torn nation is obviously the choose you would take. Would you call the Hong Kong riots a protest?

Western nations fought and spilled huge swathes of blood to fix themselves and evolve into the envy of the worlds poor.

pick up a weapon and get it the fuck done instead of crying and fleeing your homeland for a western government paycheck.

I'm not asking that. I'm asking if your willing to fight in these conflicts. Also western nations built this on the backs of exploiting natives and their resources.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:46 am

Strala wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

And this again proves my point. Why should non western nations care about taking in migrants when the nations that should be showing others how it's done refuses to take in migrants.

Why shouldn't the other powers better themselves?

The West has nothing to prove, they have taken millions of migrants from across the WHOLE WORLD for DECADES

"showing others how its done" They have, again and again and again and again, or are they supposed to just take these people in forever while everyone else sits on their thumbs and says " Great, but im not taking them, lol show me hows it's done"
Last edited by Nazeroth on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 am

Strala wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

I'm not asking that. I'm asking if your willing to fight in these conflicts. Also western nations built this on the backs of exploiting natives and their resources.

oh god here we go with the social justice mantra.

let me guess, the western powers owe these people now? sins of a father?

Istanbul used to be Constantinople, so why havn't the Turks returned this "stolen" land?

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 am

Horrible, but entirely predictable. I knew something like this would happen as soon as Turkey started to deliberately weaponize the immigrants to bully Greece/the EU into submitting to whatever new shenanigans Erdogan has in mind, what with Turkish border guards firing tear gas over the border, trying to breach the fences and Turkish ministers openly bragging how they will destroy Greece via immigration and what have you.

Expect more of this not only in the Aegean, but in Italian and Spanish waters also, in the foreseeable future.

What should happen normally, under the circumstances asylum law was originally conceived, is that every asylum applicant should enter the country he wants to request asylum in in a regulated and officially registered way, have his application processed, and stay in the country if he is accepted or leave it if he isn't. Since several key elements of this process have stopped working for a long time, the other parts are increasingly ceasing to work too.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 am

Vaspelia wrote:
Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:-snip-

In my humble opinion. Let's force the Globalist governments of the West to stop sending cash and lead towards the middle east to unstablize it then.
Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:When the Syrian government chose to bomb their own cities, they essentially guaranteed that brain drain you talk of.

I also know Al-Assad is an asshole too. But i can't see much options apart from declaring "Not my problem". Let Al-Assad get the paycheck of rebuilding then.

How would you get Assad to undo what he is doing, if I may ask?

Nazeroth wrote:
Strala wrote:Right and staying in a war torn nation is obviously the choose you would take. Would you call the Hong Kong riots a protest?

While this is an option others do consider, would you really want to risk getting turned into smithereens for a war many know you are losing?

Do you think militant activism is the best option when Assad fucking murders these people because they don’t agree with his style of governance?
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 am

Absolutely disgusting and barbaric how people can "justify" this.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:49 am

Baltenstein wrote:Horrible, but entirely predictable. I knew something like this would happen as soon as Turkey started to deliberately weaponize the immigrants to bully Greece/the EU into submitting to whatever new shenanigans Erdogan has in mind, what with Turkish border guards firing tear gas over the border, trying to breach the fences and Turkish ministers openly bragging how they will destroy Greece via immigration and what have you.

Expect more of this not only in the Aegean, but in Italian and Spanish waters also, in the foreseeable future.

What should happen normally, under the circumstances asylum law was originally conceived, is that every asylum applicant should enter the country he wants to request asylum in in a regulated and officially registered way, have his application processed, and stay in the country if he is accepted or leave it if he isn't. Since several key elements of this process have stopped working for a long time, the other parts are increasingly ceasing to work too.

This ^ 100%

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am

Wasn’t Erdogan bragging about his plans to destroy Greece with immigration, whilst denying the Armenian genocide?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am

By the way, the people who say the Greek Coast Guard should drive them to Turkish shores: What makes you think Turkey would let them? Greek naval ships entering Turkish waters unannounced would be fired upon.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am

Vaspelia wrote:In my humble opinion. Let's force the Globalist governments of the West to stop sending cash and lead towards the middle east to unstablize it then.

Nazeroth wrote:

While this is an option others do consider, would you really want to risk getting turned into smithereens for a war many know you are losing?

Do you think militant activism is the best option when Assad fucking murders these people because they don’t agree with his style of governance?

Yes, you do risk it because it's for the future of your children and your childrens children

it's called fighting for a legacy, if peopel turned tail and ran from tyranny every time things got rough then the world would be one big shit hole.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Strala wrote:I'm not asking that. I'm asking if your willing to fight in these conflicts. Also western nations built this on the backs of exploiting natives and their resources.

Istanbul used to be Constantinople, so why havn't the Turks returned this "stolen" land?

To be frank, Sykes-Picot caused a lot of division, because what can go wrong if you pick neat lines over ethnic borders. So yes, in a way, the actions of the old British and French governments are partly to blame.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Strala wrote:And this again proves my point. Why should non western nations care about taking in migrants when the nations that should be showing others how it's done refuses to take in migrants.

Why shouldn't the other powers better themselves?

The West has nothing to prove, they have taken millions of migrants from across the WHOLE WORLD for DECADES

"showing others how its done" They have, again and again and again and again, or are they supposed to just take these people in forever while everyone else sits on their thumbs and says " Great, but im not taking them, lol show me hows it's done"

And despite what you just stated western countries accept the lowest amounts of migrants. Only Germany is among the Top Ten refugee host countries with 1.1 million refugees. The rest are Middle Eastern, African, and Asian countries. Among the top ten countries that host the most refugees out of 1000 native inhabitants none of your oh so "precious and civilized" western nations were on that list.

Washingtonae
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Washingtonae » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:51 am

Illegal immigrants are just that, illegal. Greece has no obligation to them, and this doesn't count as genocide.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:51 am

Its hilariously ironic that Turkey is accusing Greece of covering up genocide
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:52 am

Nazeroth wrote:

To be frank, Sykes-Picot caused a lot of division, because what can go wrong if you pick neat lines over ethnic borders. So yes, in a way, the actions of the old British and French governments are partly to blame.

why have ancient native greek lands not been given back by the Turks?

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:52 am

Nazeroth wrote:

Yes, you do risk it because it's for the future of your children and your childrens children

it's called fighting for a legacy, if peopel turned tail and ran from tyranny every time things got rough then the world would be one big shit hole.

Some fight, some pick to instigate change elsewhere, some pick to forget what happens. If things get worse in my own country, I would pick one of the first two options. People still have basic fight or flight responses in them.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General