NATION

PASSWORD

Greece dumps refugees in Ocean tells Turkey Deal with it

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Strala wrote:So accepting these people is wrong? And why is it wrong?

Why can't the Turks take them?

Nazeroth wrote:
Andsed wrote:Or or, the Greek government can have some basic decency and just drop them off at Turkey instead of just leaving them in the ocean for no other reason than petty spite.

Why, so the Turks drive them into Greek islands again?

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 am

Strala wrote:And how are they any different from you? Do you think they would have left their nation if there was no war and illegally migrated to these countries? Most of them won't. If a country you live in suddenly had a civil war no matter how ridiculous that may be, would you want to be stranded in the middle of the sea just because the country didn't want you there? Do you want people to say that you deserved it because you illegally migrated there, despite the fact that you just to go to somewhere safe and stable?

That is just how real life is. You have to deal with the hand you're dealt. Just because someone else has a problem in their life doesn't mean it has anything to do with what another country does. So far as Greece is concerned, these are people they shouldn't have to take and I'm more inclined to be in agreement with that. They don't have any inherent right to Greece's resources and more just because they attempted to make the journey.
Last edited by Saiwania on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Andsed wrote:And how is leaving a bunch of migrants to potentially die going to help that other than spiting the Turks?

I'm fine with them dropping them off on Turkish islands, but they certainly don't need to take them in.

Leaving them with Turkish is different compared to dumping the migrants into the sea and hope that a Turkish patrol will find them.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Tolopel wrote:Why Greece? Why?

too much for their infrastructure to handle i presume.
Nazeroth wrote:
Why can't the Turks take them?

why can't we treat them like normal people? that's exactly what they are.

Turkey can treat them like "normal people(whatever that is trying to imply)", have at it.
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Heloin wrote:That doesn't mean the road to heaven is paved bad intentions.

true, but their is a reason almost nobody uses that saying, because it's not relavent.

Your saying that. Your saying that these migrants being left at sea to die doesn't matter.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:31 am

Vaspelia wrote:Iraq, Jordain, Iran, Lebanon, etc.

Really? Okay.

Iraq is pretty much suffering the same as Syria, but in the least, it’s not embroiled in a civil war like Syria is. There are still probably many elements fighting in the western parts of Iraq.

Lebanon has been going through quite a bit of turmoil in the past few months now. Not to mention Hezbollah does have a lot of operations there. The situation is only getting worse since the government is rather chaotic at the moment.

Iran is yet another dictatorial country. I’m sure Syrians who are tired of Assad won’t like Khomeini either.

Jordan’s involved in coalition fighting, and has a few camps along the border iirc, but jobs there probably don’t match opportunities in Europe.

Israel’s a no-go considering frosty relations between virtually every Muslim government and by extension, the Muslim people towards Israel.

Saudi Arabia is another dictatorship.

Europe simply sounds like the best option.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:31 am

Saiwania wrote:
Strala wrote:And how are they any different from you? Do you think they would have left their nation if there was no war and illegally migrated to these countries? Most of them won't. If a country you live in suddenly had a civil war no matter how ridiculous that may be, would you want to be stranded in the middle of the sea just because the country didn't want you there? Do you want people to say that you deserved it because you illegally migrated there, despite the fact that you just to go to somewhere safe and stable?

That is just how real life is. You have to deal with the hand you're dealt. Just because someone else has a problem in their life doesn't mean it has anything to do with what another country does. So far as Greece is concerned, these are people they shouldn't have to take and I'm more inclined to be in agreement with that. They don't have any inherent right to Greece's resources and more just because they attempted to make the journey.

This ^
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:31 am

Saiwania wrote:

They do however have the right to be treated with some semblance of basic human decency. Dumping them in the sea and just hoping someone finds them is a major violation of that.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 am

Saiwania wrote:

Greece doesn't have the right to murder people for wanting a better life.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:too much for their infrastructure to handle i presume.
why can't we treat them like normal people? that's exactly what they are.

Turkey can treat them like "normal people(whatever that is trying to imply)", have at it.

you know what I'm trying to imply. the world treats these people like they're something else.
Why don't we just invade syria? stabilise it?
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Vaspelia wrote:Iraq, Jordain, Iran, Lebanon, etc.

Really? Okay.

Iraq is pretty much suffering the same as Syria, but in the least, it’s not embroiled in a civil war like Syria is. There are still probably many elements fighting in the western parts of Iraq.

Lebanon has been going through quite a bit of turmoil in the past few months now. Not to mention Hezbollah does have a lot of operations there. The situation is only getting worse since the government is rather chaotic at the moment.

Iran is yet another dictatorial country. I’m sure Syrians who are tired of Assad won’t like Khomeini either.

Jordan’s involved in coalition fighting, and has a few camps along the border iirc, but jobs there probably don’t match opportunities in Europe.

Israel’s a no-go considering frosty relations between virtually every Muslim government and by extension, the Muslim people towards Israel.

Refugees aren't supposed to be looking for the best job opportunities, but for safe havens willing to take them in.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am

Andsed wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

They do however have the right to be treated with some semblance of basic human decency. Dumping them in the sea and just hoping someone finds them is a major violation of that.

Sure, they have the right to go somewhere else, if a nation says " Do not come here, we will not offer you pity" and your dumb enough to make that journey anyways, then(adult time ladies and gents) you accept the consequences of your actions.

Western Nations do not need to be the dumping ground of the entire third world.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

you know what I'm trying to imply. the world treats these people like they're something else.

L O L
O
L
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am

Saiwania wrote:

They do not nor do I believe that, but there's a difference from turning them away and sending them to another nation and just dumping them at sea.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am

Saiwania wrote:

So Greece should be allowed to let them drift away in the Mediterranean?

And many of the camps have UN supplies, it isn’t really taking a lot off of Greece’s stuff.

The Islands of Versilia wrote:A breach of international law is a breach of international law. It is an abhorrent disregard for human rights and people’s lives. I hope Athens reconsiders this decision and saves as many lives as it has threatened.

It’s as simple as this. Who gives a fuck if international law implementation is sloppy at best? If there is a clear violation, the UN and related bodies can definitely act on this.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:34 am

Heloin wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

Greece doesn't have the right to murder people for wanting a better life.

and "wanting a better life" could be seen as an invasion of a sovereign nation.

if millions of my people spill over your border without weapons and demand resources, that's an invasion no matter how you want to doll it up.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:34 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:you know what I'm trying to imply. the world treats these people like they're something else.

L O L
O
L

there's a serious amount of people trying to escape it.
it's true. we would never be in this situation.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:34 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Andsed wrote:They do however have the right to be treated with some semblance of basic human decency. Dumping them in the sea and just hoping someone finds them is a major violation of that.

Sure, they have the right to go somewhere else, if a nation says " Do not come here, we will not offer you pity" and your dumb enough to make that journey anyways, then(adult time ladies and gents) you accept the consequences of your actions.

Those consequences should be simple deportation. Not being murdered because some Greeks are either to lazy to drop them off on land or just spiteful.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:35 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Really? Okay.

Refugees aren't supposed to be looking for the best job opportunities, but for safe havens willing to take them in.

But they know that if they want to stay there, they have to take a shot at getting a job.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:35 am

Saiwania wrote:

And many of the camps have UN supplies, it isn’t really taking a lot off of Greece’s stuff.

The Islands of Versilia wrote:A breach of international law is a breach of international law. It is an abhorrent disregard for human rights and people’s lives. I hope Athens reconsiders this decision and saves as many lives as it has threatened.

It’s as simple as this. Who gives a fuck if international law implementation is sloppy at best? If there is a clear violation, the UN and related bodies can definitely act on this.

you should give a fuck when international law is used to bludgeion cucked western nations into making them feel guilty.

International Law is a facade used to push untold thousands of people onto western lands.

How about you have some damn standards.

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:36 am

Andsed wrote:Their status as illegal immigrants does not mean they are not still human beings who deserve to be treated with some semblance of dignity. Aka not being left to the mercy seas.

Of course. That's why i add the idea of encourage institutional transparency in Greek autorities.

One thinks of the reciving country of the inmigrants, but i hadn't see people talking about the brain drain that the migrated country suffers from losing it's educated citizens. All governemts, no matter if left or right, black or white. Always chooses the best among the whole collective of inmigrants. I support an armistice in the Syrian Conflict (but that's not the thread topic here).
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:36 am

Nazeroth wrote:

you should give a fuck when international law is used to bludgeion cucked western nations into making them feel guilty.

International Law is a facade used to push untold thousands of people onto western lands.

How about you have some damn standards.

Okay, give us some cases of such.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 am

Andsed wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Those consequences should be simple deportation. Not being murdered because some Greeks are either to lazy to drop them off on land or just spiteful.

You can keep calling it murder, it's national defence.

Nobody made them make that trip, these were PERSONAL decisions.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Andsed wrote:They do however have the right to be treated with some semblance of basic human decency. Dumping them in the sea and just hoping someone finds them is a major violation of that.

So Western Nations are allowed to criticize other nations for their human right abuses and how cruel they are to other people but when it comes to them actually doing something about it, they are allowed to back out and kick other people out. The western world is supposed to be a beacon to show the rest of the world how they should run things.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 am

Vaspelia wrote:
Andsed wrote:Their status as illegal immigrants does not mean they are not still human beings who deserve to be treated with some semblance of dignity. Aka not being left to the mercy seas.

Of course. That's why i add the idea of encourage institutional transparency in Greek autorities.

One thinks of the reciving country of the inmigrants, but i hadn't see people talking about the brain drain that the migrated country suffers from losing it's educated citizens. All governemts, no matter if left or right, black or white. Always chooses the best among the whole collective of inmigrants. I support an armistice in the Syrian Conflict (but that's not the thread topic here).

When the Syrian government chose to bomb their own cities, they essentially guaranteed that brain drain you talk of.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General