NATION

PASSWORD

Accelerationism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:43 am

Telconi wrote:
Page wrote:
Which communist regime did you live under?

California. :^]

Lol, probably one of the most capitalistic places on earth. Much of the big tech is there.

Then again, maybe it is just doing accellerationism :lol:
The Blaatschapen should resign

-Ra-
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ra- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:44 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Lol, probably one of the most capitalistic places on earth. Much of the big tech is there.

Might have to do with why it's so economically prosperous in the first place...

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:45 am

Telconi wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Ok, California is bad. But it's not actually communist yet.

... "Yet" ...

California provides most of the economy for the United States, and plus it has the 5th largest GDP in the world that surpasses France and the United Kingdom.

To call California "communist" or insult the state and its people by calling it "Commiefornia" is just damn stupid. Because most of the tech industry in the US is located in Silicon Valley which is very capitalist. If California was even communist then I don't think there would be much of a Silicon Valley or a huge tech industry.
Left: 3.79
Authoritarian: 1.03
Foreign Policy: 0.08, in between neo-con, and non-interventionalist
Culture: -5.32, I'm very culturally liberal
Center-left

A left-wing furry who loves vaporwave, synthwave, alternate history, and science fiction

This NS member is apart of Generation Z and is proud

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:45 am

Telconi wrote:
Page wrote:
Which communist regime did you live under?

Here's a syllogism.

1. You would prefer to live under a fascist regime than under a communist regime.

2. California is, according to you, a communist regime.

3. Nazi Germany was a fascist regime.

Ergo, you would rather live in Nazi Germany than in modern California.

Is that correct, or is one of the premises flawed?
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:46 am

Southeastern Xiatao wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:
What if they're both just as bad as each other?

Communism itself is a mixed bag really, most of the time you have it getting hijacked by fucked up individuals who end up killing massive amounts of people (Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and so on). Communism if anything is just a ideology often hijacked by authoritarianism. But there are some communist variants that are pro-democracy though. Bear in mind though if you look at Luxembourgism (created by Rosa Luxembourg) she disagreed with having communism associated with nationalism as it would do more harm than good (pretty much she foreshadowed how much of a damn mess Yugoslavia would end up in the 1990's), and she also advocated a form of democracy for a communist society in which people should be heard.

So like I said communism is a mixed bag.

Fascism however was entirely based around nothing but authoritarianism and full-blown nationalism. Although racial genocide is not the core basis of fascism, but when it comes to full-blown nationalism that is associated with fascism then your going to end up with the idea of racial hierarchy and racial genocide against a group of different people. And of course another product of fascism is mass violence against the weak, inferior and those who oppose fascism.

Bear in mind communism has in fact been worse in practice, I mean Mao Zedong killed more people than Stalin and Hitler.

But at the end of the day they are all nothing but monsters who killed millions of innocent people and that doesn't excuse them whatsoever.

Nationalism is not inherently tied to racism. I'm an American Nationalist, which has nothing whatsoever to do with race.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:47 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

I for one gladly will submit to my Google overlords and I for one would gladly worship Mark Zuckerberg as the All Mighty Leader. :lol:
Center-left

A left-wing furry who loves vaporwave, synthwave, alternate history, and science fiction

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:47 am

Telconi wrote:
... "Yet" ...

California provides most of the economy for the United States, and plus it has the 5th largest GDP in the world that surpasses France and the United Kingdom.

To call California "communist" or insult the state and its people by calling it "Commiefornia" is just damn stupid. Because most of the tech industry in the US is located in Silicon Valley which is very capitalist. If California was even communist then I don't think there would be much of a Silicon Valley or a huge tech industry.

Insulting California is always warranted, no matter how factually correct the insult is.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:47 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:

I for one gladly will submit to my Google overlords and I for one would gladly worship Mark Zuckerberg as the All Mighty Leader. :lol:

I hereby rename him Marx Zuckerberg.
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:47 am

[Redacted]
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:48 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
What if they're both just as bad as each other?

Communism itself is a mixed bag really, most of the time you have it getting hijacked by fucked up individuals who end up killing massive amounts of people (Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and so on). Communism if anything is just a ideology often hijacked by authoritarianism. But there are some communist variants that are pro-democracy though. Bear in mind though if you look at Luxembourgism (created by Rosa Luxembourg) she disagreed with having communism associated with nationalism as it would do more harm than good (pretty much she foreshadowed how much of a damn mess Yugoslavia would end up in the 1990's), and she also advocated a form of democracy for a communist society in which people should be heard.

Fascism however was entirely based around nothing but authoritarianism and full-blown nationalism. Although racial genocide is not the core basis of fascism, but when it comes to full-blown nationalism that is associated with fascism then your going to end up with the idea of racial hierarchy and racial genocide against a group of different people. And of course another product of fascism is mass violence against the weak, inferior and those who oppose fascism.

Bear in mind communism has in fact been worse in practice, I mean Mao Zedong killed more people than Stalin and Hitler.

But at the end of the day they are all nothing but monsters who killed millions of innocent people and that doesn't excuse them whatsoever.

In terms of concept, Fascism and Nazism are worse. Even if Communism was all about killing and oppression, then it would still be better then those far-right ideologies as it is not bigoted or xenophobic.
I was just saying that to break the conversation.
Communism is better, but I would prefer something else.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:The problem with accelerationism is that you neither know how close the system is to collapsing nor whether the damage from any deliberately destructive path you try to push things onto will actually hasten it or just subject people to needless misery.

I feel like it's kind of unavoidable to some extent as a strategy though. But if there were easy methods capitalism would already have fallen.

I think it's safe to say accelerationism is not worth it. Untold suffering and destruction of the environment should be avoided.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:49 am

Southeastern Xiatao wrote:Communism itself is a mixed bag really, most of the time you have it getting hijacked by fucked up individuals who end up killing massive amounts of people (Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and so on). Communism if anything is just a ideology often hijacked by authoritarianism. But there are some communist variants that are pro-democracy though. Bear in mind though if you look at Luxembourgism (created by Rosa Luxembourg) she disagreed with having communism associated with nationalism as it would do more harm than good (pretty much she foreshadowed how much of a damn mess Yugoslavia would end up in the 1990's), and she also advocated a form of democracy for a communist society in which people should be heard.

Nationalism is not inherently tied to racism. I'm an American Nationalist, which has nothing whatsoever to do with race.

Didn't I state "when it comes to full-blown nationalism that is associated with fascism then your going to end up with the idea of racial hierarchy and racial genocide against a group of different people"?

I did.

Of course nationalism doesn't automatically lead to racism, but it absolutely will if it is associated with fascism.
Center-left

DACOROMANIA
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby DACOROMANIA » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:50 am

Oh, another communism vs capitalism debate, again.
You want only to impose a choice between either global capitalism or either global communism (aka Soviet Union), both being tyrannycal dictatorships, but nothing else.

Accelerationism? Do you really want to take down the whole planet's life? all the natural resources ever be found? Who cares of the future of mankind?

I'll give you an example on bad effects on capitalist acceleration in real life. This is how the Capitalist Accelerationism really works in practice.
In Romania, an Austrian Company made its best to bribe and bring in official positions their own people then to cut off all trees and forests, including reservations and making their company leadership above the law. Many foresters/rangers who refused were secretly killed and their families blackmailed then replaced with "puppets" to cover the facts of the wood industry mafia. Many Romanians made a protest in Austria (Vienna) for the protection of Romanian forests years ago. As a revenge the Company took down an entire forest reservation in the North-West of Romania to make their point, that they're the boss. You can see it via satellite how an entire region has been cut down. Even if you try to assign new and honest foresters/rangers they'll be harassed, killed and replaced again with new puppets of the mafia company. Almost 80% of Romanian forests were cut down in less than 20 years and that's around 40% of Romanian territory, even up to 10% of planetary Oxygen production.
Even if European Union may "sanction" Romania, that severe actions would affect only the normal people to make them pay all life a not fair severe and exorbitant fine (and to rebel against EU) but nobody from the rich Company mafia will ever get sanctions or punishment because they already made themselves above the law. Sorry, Austria is from the EU's founder team, so they'll never go to the justice for their crimes and their politicians got their fat bribe at the cost of the natural environment.
And Russia already is waiting for the EU to break on itself and then take domination over half of Europe such as Stalin has done before.

Both Communism and Capitalism are evil, indeed evil. Communism is nothing more than a State Capitalism to oppress its people and the Soviet regimes proved that as well as the Fascist capitalists proved in their regimes.

Accelerationism is nothing more than an ideological theory with the effects of a Earth's suicidal depletion of resources and nothing left for the future generations of humanity to survive. A giant desert as in the Mad Max movies. But again what could I expect? Nobody cares more than their vanity (self-pride).

The Supreme Vatican Caliphate wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:They want to use capitalism against itself. Clever.

Unfortunately, capitalism is additive. It’s like shooting a water gun at an ocean.

That is how the Soviet Union tried to make its point of view in the 1990. "We should make people's lives miserable so they accept my political ideology." > is exactly how KGB tested political theories before that Russian Federation had to appear. The Rus people left the party to just few insignificant members today even if that tried at best to suppress the new type of popular revolution which ended the red regime.
Leader of DACOROMANIA, Founder of Roman Byzantine Union.

I wish to save human race and to build a new nation-state, with ideals like human rights, peace and prosperity for all despite of any difference, avoiding the tyranny and preserving the liberty. To grow, to aid and save each other. Also going interstellar. Even if abandoned by family and nobody cares, I wish to do something important in life before to die, something that may really count.
I'm so alone on Earth and I see how the world may fall into chaos. All looks irrational and immoral. It's a pain to not be able to do anything and to be surrounded by barbarians.

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:50 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:I for one gladly will submit to my Google overlords and I for one would gladly worship Mark Zuckerberg as the All Mighty Leader. :lol:

I hereby rename him Marx Zuckerberg.

Yus.
Center-left

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:50 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:Communism itself is a mixed bag really, most of the time you have it getting hijacked by fucked up individuals who end up killing massive amounts of people (Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and so on). Communism if anything is just a ideology often hijacked by authoritarianism. But there are some communist variants that are pro-democracy though. Bear in mind though if you look at Luxembourgism (created by Rosa Luxembourg) she disagreed with having communism associated with nationalism as it would do more harm than good (pretty much she foreshadowed how much of a damn mess Yugoslavia would end up in the 1990's), and she also advocated a form of democracy for a communist society in which people should be heard.

In terms of concept, Fascism and Nazism are worse. Even if Communism was all about killing and oppression, then it would still be better then those far-right ideologies as it is not bigoted or xenophobic.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:The problem with accelerationism is that you neither know how close the system is to collapsing nor whether the damage from any deliberately destructive path you try to push things onto will actually hasten it or just subject people to needless misery.

I feel like it's kind of unavoidable to some extent as a strategy though. But if there were easy methods capitalism would already have fallen.

I think it's safe to say accelerationism is not worth it. Untold suffering and destruction of the environment should be avoided.

The number of religious minorities, foreigners, and political dissidents harmed by communist regimes would beg to disagree.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:50 am

Reverend Norv wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Here's a syllogism.

1. You would prefer to live under a fascist regime than under a communist regime.

Is funny how in his sig he says he opposes things like sexism and racism, yet he prefers a regime that supports said things over one that doesn't.

Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:51 am

Telconi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

The number of religious minorities, foreigners, and political dissidents harmed by communist regimes would beg to disagree.

Are you quoting me or the other guy?
Center-left

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:52 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:
Here's a syllogism.

Is funny how in his sig he says he opposes things like sexism and racism, yet he prefers a regime that supports said things over one that doesn't.

For one evil to be the lesser evil, it must first be evil.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:53 am

Telconi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

Well, if that's the case then both systems are equally ba-

Wait a minute, aren't we supposed to be talking about Accelerationism and not if the Far-right or Far-left is better.
Let's get back on track...
NOW!

New Yugoslavia just is.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:53 am

Telconi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

So were the Nazis evil, then?
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 am

Telconi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

That's not an answer to my question. Would you rather live in Nazi Germany than in modern California? If not, which of my premises is flawed?
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

DACOROMANIA
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby DACOROMANIA » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 am

Didn't I state "when it comes to full-blown nationalism that is associated with fascism then your going to end up with the idea of racial hierarchy and racial genocide against a group of different people"?

I did.

Of course nationalism doesn't automatically lead to racism, but it absolutely will if it is associated with fascism.

The Soviet Union was highly nationalist such as North Kore is still today. Surely you wouldn't say anything about communist nationalism if SSSR was still alive.
Leader of DACOROMANIA, Founder of Roman Byzantine Union.

I wish to save human race and to build a new nation-state, with ideals like human rights, peace and prosperity for all despite of any difference, avoiding the tyranny and preserving the liberty. To grow, to aid and save each other. Also going interstellar. Even if abandoned by family and nobody cares, I wish to do something important in life before to die, something that may really count.
I'm so alone on Earth and I see how the world may fall into chaos. All looks irrational and immoral. It's a pain to not be able to do anything and to be surrounded by barbarians.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:55 am

Kowani wrote:
Telconi wrote:

So were the Nazis evil, then?

I think that's obvious.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:58 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:
Here's a syllogism.

I mean Francoist Spain was very sexist toward women as it had abortion, divorce, and birth control illegal. And plus Franco suppressed the Basque, Catalan, and Galician languages from being taught or spoken in public, which although not racist it is still pretty much an asshole thing to do over other ethnicities who speak a different language than you.
Center-left

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Telconi wrote:
Kowani wrote:So were the Nazis evil, then?

I think that's obvious.

Depends on the said Nazi, although Nazism was evil there obviously was many Nazis who disagreed with Hitler and his ideals but didn't speak out as it would mean the death of their families in the process. There were asshole Nazis who engaged in fucked up shit and there were victim Nazis (I can't believe I am saying that...) who had no choice but to engage in fucked up shit.

Sad really in the end.
Center-left

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm

I find it so funny that cultural Marxists, especially on the bottom left wing quad of the political spectrum ( this applies to anarchists and more militant progressives) think their idea of a revolution will not co opted and taken from them by the neoliberal elite.

Let’s face facts here most leftists are just puppets of corporations at this point and why not both want to see national sovereignty taken away completely in favour of the ZOG Machine.
Last edited by Mannixa Prime on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Progressive, cosmopolitan, gay, a firm believer in science and extremely against neo-liberalism. African-American with Somalian background.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General