NATION

PASSWORD

Accelerationism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:21 am

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Duvniask wrote:Do you link Cultural Marxism to the Frankfurt school?

Very very loosely. I link it with other schools of thought as well, some that are much worse. I don't like the Frankfurt school, though that's because I don't like postmodernism in general. I think of it as a movement of zealots though, not Jews. I roll my eyes when someone tries to link this to some Jewish conspiracy, especially when those philosophers tend not to be very friendly to Israel.

Here's where I can tell you don't actually understand what you're talking about, though. The Frankfurt School has nothing to do with postmodernism. It's members have criticized postmodern society and intellectuals; the video I linked makes that clear, too. You can't just throw these terms around when you don't properly understand them.

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:It does seem though that left wing accelerationism is a little bit better. At least it doesn't end in a white ethnostate and billions dead because they were "impure". At best, the left wing variant would just lead to the rich getting guillotined. In general, both types would kill many people by the worsening of capitalism, but in terms of casualties in the "final revolt", left variant is preferable. It's really a matter of the lesser of two evils.

I mean at the end of the day this goes for any political ideology in general. There is no perfect political ideology for society, some are better and some are just shit and some are just disturbing enough to make a dystopia.
Left: 3.79
Authoritarian: 1.03
Foreign Policy: 0.08, in between neo-con, and non-interventionalist
Culture: -5.32, I'm very culturally liberal
Center-left

A left-wing furry who loves vaporwave, synthwave, alternate history, and science fiction

This NS member is apart of Generation Z and is proud

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:24 am

The accelerationism is already in full swing.

Just in a different way than some people here imagine.

8)

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:26 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:I would rather blow my brains out than live in any fascist society.

Same.

Seriously, how can a none-fascist/nazi/alt-righter (although I prefer the term uber-right) say that with a straight face?

How could a non-communist say they prefer communism with a straight face?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:27 am

Telconi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:
Same.

Seriously, how can a none-fascist/nazi/alt-righter (although I prefer the term uber-right) say that with a straight face?

What if they're both just as bad as each other?
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:28 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

What if pigs flew?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 am

Duvniask wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Very very loosely. I link it with other schools of thought as well, some that are much worse. I don't like the Frankfurt school, though that's because I don't like postmodernism in general. I think of it as a movement of zealots though, not Jews. I roll my eyes when someone tries to link this to some Jewish conspiracy, especially when those philosophers tend not to be very friendly to Israel.

Here's where I can tell you don't actually understand what you're talking about, though. The Frankfurt School has nothing to do with postmodernism. It's members have criticized postmodern society and intellectuals; the video I linked makes that clear, too. You can't just throw these terms around when you don't properly understand them.

All well, it's a minor error on my part. It wasn't the main school of thought I opposed.

I'm ending this here now. If you want to discuss this further telegram me, as I just realized I'm threadjacking.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:30 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:I would rather blow my brains out than live in any fascist society.

Same.

Probably due to the fact they never experienced what it is like to live in a fascist society like Spain during Franco's regime, Portugal during Estado Novo, Brazil during its military junta (from 1963-1985), Chile under Augusto Pinochet's rule, Argentina during the National Reorganization Process (from 1976-1983), Nazi Germany, Vichy France, or Italy during the time Benito Mussolini ruled it.

To them they think a fascist society be a utopia, but when it comes to reality it never lasts forever. Eventually things will get out of control when the economy goes to shit and when the people get hungry they are going into the streets to revolt and overthrow their fascist government even if it is a bloody process.

I mean we all know how well that ended very well for Benito Mussolini. Not only was he executed by his own people he also had his corpse urinated on by women due to how hated he was at that point in World War II.

Nothing ever ends well for fascism no matter what any far-right lover tends to think.
Center-left

A left-wing furry who loves vaporwave, synthwave, alternate history, and science fiction

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:31 am

I am also an accelerationist. I'm not because of nazism or communism though. I just think people are shit. So yeah, fuck the world. Let's cancel everything.
Last edited by Borderlands of Rojava on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:32 am

Southeastern Xiatao wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:
Same.

Probably due to the fact they never experienced what it is like to live in a fascist society like Spain during Franco's regime, Portugal during Estado Novo, Brazil during its military junta (from 1963-1985), Chile under Augusto Pinochet's rule, Argentina during the National Reorganization Process (from 1976-1983), Nazi Germany, Vichy France, or Italy during the time Benito Mussolini ruled it.

To them they think a fascist society be a utopia, but when it comes to reality it never lasts forever. Eventually things will get out of control when the economy goes to shit and when the people get hungry they are going into the streets to revolt and overthrow their fascist government even if it is a bloody process.

I mean we all know how well that ended very well for Benito Mussolini. Not only was he executed by his own people he also had his corpse urinated on by women due to how hated he was at that point in World War II.

Nothing ever ends well for fascism no matter what any far-right lover tends to think.

Which of those fascist regimes did you live under?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:33 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:I am also an accelerationist. I'm not because of nazism or communism though. I just think people are shit. So yeah, fuck the world. Let's cancel everything.

Basically this, as far as I can tell, human society doesn't deserve to perpetuate itself.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:33 am

Telconi wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:Probably due to the fact they never experienced what it is like to live in a fascist society like Spain during Franco's regime, Portugal during Estado Novo, Brazil during its military junta (from 1963-1985), Chile under Augusto Pinochet's rule, Argentina during the National Reorganization Process (from 1976-1983), Nazi Germany, Vichy France, or Italy during the time Benito Mussolini ruled it.

Which communist regime did you live under?
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:34 am

Telconi wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:I am also an accelerationist. I'm not because of nazism or communism though. I just think people are shit. So yeah, fuck the world. Let's cancel everything.

Basically this, as far as I can tell, human society doesn't deserve to perpetuate itself.

The world war series sadly was discontinued in 1945. I say end it already and give us world war III.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:35 am

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:I’d agree that accelerationism would cause significantly more harm than good, since you’re right on that if people’s material conditions are deliberately made worse through accelerationism then the vast majority of them would be more concerned with surviving than “rising up”.
This.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:35 am

Page wrote:
Telconi wrote:

California. :^]
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:39 am

Page wrote:
Telconi wrote:

It's funny. I actually have met people who lived under communism. Used to work with an old Polish guy who hated it because he lived under it.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

-Ra-
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ra- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Page wrote:

It's funny. I actually have met people who lived under communism. Used to work with an old Polish guy who hated it because he lived under it.

Ever noticed that all the people advocating for communism are almost always people who have never lived under it or even had a taste of it?

Curious

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:41 am

-Ra- wrote:

Ever noticed that all the people advocating for communism are almost always people who have never lived under it or even had a taste of it?

Curious

Shamima Begum loved jihad till she had to fight a war for it. Now she's begging and pleading for her life.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:41 am

Telconi wrote:
Page wrote:

Ok, California is bad. But it's not actually communist yet.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:42 am

Telconi wrote:
Page wrote:

:hmm:
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:42 am

Telconi wrote:

Ok, California is bad. But it's not actually communist yet.

... "Yet" ...
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:42 am

-Ra- wrote:

Curious

Utopian ideologies are generally like that. Use the rule you would any ordinary scam: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

EDIT: This goes for any end of the political spectrum.
Last edited by Outer Acharet on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:42 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Communism itself is a mixed bag really, most of the time you have it getting hijacked by fucked up individuals who end up killing massive amounts of people (Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and so on). Communism if anything is just a ideology often hijacked by authoritarianism. But there are some communist variants that are pro-democracy though. Bear in mind though if you look at Luxembourgism (created by Rosa Luxembourg) she disagreed with having communism associated with nationalism as it would do more harm than good (pretty much she foreshadowed how much of a damn mess Yugoslavia would end up in the 1990's), and she also advocated a form of democracy for a communist society in which people should be heard.

So like I said communism is a mixed bag.

Fascism however was entirely based around nothing but authoritarianism and full-blown nationalism. Although racial genocide is not the core basis of fascism, but when it comes to full-blown nationalism that is associated with fascism then your going to end up with the idea of racial hierarchy and racial genocide against a group of different people. And of course another product of fascism is mass violence against the weak, inferior and those who oppose fascism.

Bear in mind communism has in fact been worse in practice, I mean Mao Zedong killed more people than Stalin and Hitler.

But at the end of the day they are all nothing but monsters who killed millions of innocent people and that doesn't excuse them whatsoever.
Center-left

Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:43 am

The problem with accelerationism is that you neither know how close the system is to collapsing nor whether the damage from any deliberately destructive path you try to push things onto will actually hasten it or just subject people to needless misery.

I feel like it's kind of unavoidable to some extent as a strategy though. If there were easy methods capitalism would already have fallen.
Last edited by Dumb Ideologies on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

Khoronzon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khoronzon » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:43 am

Okay, based.

Page wrote:People with nothing to lose are less pacified than those who live in comfort, but do not necessarily defy the system in a productive way. Ideally they would organize, unionize, practice mutual aid, strike, and even take to the streets to rise up, but many instead choose to do things like sell drugs or their bodies or get high or they steal (and often not from those who should be stolen from) or commit suicide.

Which set of conditions would actually incentivise people to organise along their class interests and strike - one in which they are suffering and debasing themselves, or one in which they are pacified by comfort and reforms? As I said, not everyone will engage in productive opposition no matter the circumstances. Unrestrained capitalism simply breeds more antagonism, while reformed capitalism dampens it. What are your thoughts on class collaborationism, if I might ask?
Vʏʜʜ Xsʜʀ Xsʜʀɪɴ Tʜʀʜ
Leader
Figures
Culture
Regions
Military
World
The world is no longer as it once was, moulded beyond recognition by the hands of its coming masters. Humanity is faced with a simple choice: evolve, or die.

△▽△
[all lore is under reconstruction]
▽△▽
ooc: they/them/girl/boss - notorious wumao - blowfly creature
flag homies: the celestial shurayu republic and uij, checkem out they're v based
all rise for the national anthem

中国共产党万岁

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General