NATION

PASSWORD

Accelerationism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:50 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Duvniask wrote:Stop peddling Nazi conspiracy theories.

Stop peddling communist conspiracy theories.

Okay? "Cultural Marxism" is a conspiracy theory with roots in the Nazi conspiracy theory of Judeo-Bolshevism. It's the same thing, repackaged for usage by right-wingers in today's political climate.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:51 am

Southeastern Xiatao wrote:Yeah Accelerationism pretty much does a lot more harm than good if anything. Seeing how plenty of people in the alt-right have been using it for motives to cause mayhem.

For instance the guy who did the 2019 Christchurch mosque shootings did in fact embrace accelerationism. And there are plenty of other monsters like James Mason who used accelerationism to simply try and start a civil war in America.

Now that I think of it... I can probably argue that Charles Manson was a far-right accelerationist too seeing he wanted to start a race war and thought that killing a bunch of celebrities would do the "trick".

Bear in mind there is left-wing variants of accelerationism, but then there is right-wing accelerationism. And then there is far-right accelerationism which is what I just was talking about.

It does seem though that left wing accelerationism is a little bit better. At least it doesn't end in a white ethnostate and billions dead because they were "impure". At best, the left wing variant would just lead to the rich getting guillotined. In general, both types would kill many people by the worsening of capitalism, but in terms of casualties in the "final revolt", left variant is preferable. It's really a matter of the lesser of two evils.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:55 am

Khoronzon wrote:
Page wrote:I no longer believe in accelerationism for two reasons. One, I think worsening material conditions do not necessarily make people more revolutionary because people too preoccupied with survival needs often do not have time or energy to fight. I also think that worse lives will cause apathy and despair and leave people unmotivated to resist the system.

Capitalism requires a degree of material luxury to function properly. If the masses are starving, who's going to keep buying goods? Who's going to maintain the consumer economy? Besides that, who do you think is more likely to oppose it - someone with nothing left to lose, or someone being kept pacified by comfort? Yes, poverty means more effort being put towards mere survival, but that process breeds discontent in a far more tangible way than abstract theorising about Marxism. Not everyone will even think to rise up no matter which option happens, but under worsened material conditions, more people will have obvious reasons to be dissatisfied.

Page wrote:The other problem is that there are fascists waiting to take over when the system falls, and if revolution were to break out under terrible conditions there is no guarantee the fascists will be defeated.

Of course, if you manage to topple the capitalist system, there's no guarantee that whatever emerges afterwards will be your perfect utopia. That's not the point. What is guaranteed is that regardless of whatever ideology holds power in the aftermath of this hypothetical, it would be easier to overthrow than what preceded it. Fascism (or just [insert ideology you don't like], for that matter) really isn't a concern. Yes, it will most likely become more politically prominent should liberal capitalism get taken out of the picture and other ideologies become able to actually compete, but no post-revolutionary ideology would have nearly as much of a foothold. Realistically, accelerationism isn't about making your ideal society in the aftermath of capitalism's fall, it's just about making capitalism fall so that whatever comes afterwards is easier to remove or shape into a better direction.

People with nothing to lose are less pacified than those who live in comfort, but do not necessarily defy the system in a productive way. Ideally they would organize, unionize, practice mutual aid, strike, and even take to the streets to rise up, but many instead choose to do things like sell drugs or their bodies or get high or they steal (and often not from those who should be stolen from) or commit suicide.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:56 am

Duvniask wrote:

Okay? "Cultural Marxism" is a conspiracy theory with roots in the Nazi conspiracy theory of Judeo-Bolshevism. It's the same thing, repackaged for usage by right-wingers in today's political climate.

I of course do not use the same definition the Nazis used for "Judeo-Bolshevism" nor do I think it is a Jewish conspiracy or anything stupid like that. I'll watch the video you linked later.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:56 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:Yeah Accelerationism pretty much does a lot more harm than good if anything. Seeing how plenty of people in the alt-right have been using it for motives to cause mayhem.

For instance the guy who did the 2019 Christchurch mosque shootings did in fact embrace accelerationism. And there are plenty of other monsters like James Mason who used accelerationism to simply try and start a civil war in America.

Now that I think of it... I can probably argue that Charles Manson was a far-right accelerationist too seeing he wanted to start a race war and thought that killing a bunch of celebrities would do the "trick".

Bear in mind there is left-wing variants of accelerationism, but then there is right-wing accelerationism. And then there is far-right accelerationism which is what I just was talking about.

It does seem though that left wing accelerationism is a little bit better. At least it doesn't end in a white ethnostate and billions dead because they were "impure". At best, the left wing variant would just lead to the rich getting guillotined. In general, both types would kill many people by the worsening of capitalism, but in terms of casualties in the "final revolt", left variant is preferable. It's really a matter of the lesser of two evils.

A communist society is unable to be the lesser of two evils.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:59 am

Telconi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

Then would you prefer to live under a Fascist or Nazi society?
Last edited by New yugoslavaia on Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:00 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

If those were the only two options, yes.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:00 am

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Duvniask wrote:Okay? "Cultural Marxism" is a conspiracy theory with roots in the Nazi conspiracy theory of Judeo-Bolshevism. It's the same thing, repackaged for usage by right-wingers in today's political climate.

I of course do not use the same definition the Nazis used for "Judeo-Bolshevism" nor do I think it is a Jewish conspiracy or anything stupid like that. I'll watch the video you linked later.

Do you link Cultural Marxism to the Frankfurt school?

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:01 am

Duvniask wrote:

I'm sorry but,

"Nazis disagree with me. And you Disagree with me, therefore you are a Nazi." Is shit argumentation and the person who made that video should feel bad for his red herring bullshit.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:01 am

-Ra- wrote:
Page wrote:
Most leftists aren't accelerationists.

Accelerationism is one of the final stages of leftist thought. Many leftists actively encourage economic collapse because it will advance their political country. I would call the type of person who wants people to lose their wealth and income security just because it will make their ideas more palatable to the common man is sick at the heart.

Leftists generally believe in revolution and that reforms and social democracy don't make revolution any less necessary, but not in deliberately making it worse. I haven't heard of the left organizing to vote for Republicans to bring on the revolution. There are some but they are by no means popular.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:02 am

Duvniask wrote:

This.

"Cultural Marxism" is just a ridiculous conspiracy theory made by butthurt far-right wingers who just don't like people of other ethnicities living alongside them in society and are mad that other races and ethnicities are treated as actual people.
Left: 3.79
Authoritarian: 1.03
Foreign Policy: 0.08, in between neo-con, and non-interventionalist
Culture: -5.32, I'm very culturally liberal
Center-left

A left-wing furry who loves vaporwave, synthwave, alternate history, and science fiction

This NS member is apart of Generation Z and is proud

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:04 am

Southeastern Xiatao wrote:
Duvniask wrote:Okay? "Cultural Marxism" is a conspiracy theory with roots in the Nazi conspiracy theory of Judeo-Bolshevism. It's the same thing, repackaged for usage by right-wingers in today's political climate.

This.

"Cultural Marxism" is just a ridiculous conspiracy theory made by butthurt far-right wingers who just don't like people of other ethnicities living alongside them in society and are mad that other races and ethnicities are treated as actual people.

A conspiracy that falls under the category of "would actually be awesome if it were true."

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:04 am

I'm sorry but,

"Nazis disagree with me. And you Disagree with me, therefore you are a Nazi." Is shit argumentation and the person who made that video should feel bad for his red herring bullshit.

Fair point it is illogical to call someone a Nazi just for disagreeing with you, unless they actually support white supremacy and praise Adolf Hitler as a hero (then they are obviously a Nazi).
Center-left

A left-wing furry who loves vaporwave, synthwave, alternate history, and science fiction

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 am

I'm sorry but,

Fair point it is illogical to call someone a Nazi just for disagreeing with you, unless they actually support white supremacy and praise Adolf Hitler as a hero (then they are obviously a Nazi).

Most nazis don't openly praise Hitler, they use dog whistles which their fellow nazis understand the meaning of and conservatives agree with the ostensible message. And they code their antisemitism, replacing the word Jew with cultural Marxist, globalist, elitist, or Soros.

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 am

Page wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:This.

A conspiracy that falls under the category of "would actually be awesome if it were true."

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the reason people believe that is because they can't get laid because all the white woman are having fun with men and women of other races. Maybe if they got laid for once and actually quit being jerks to those around themselves maybe they would realize where they would realize how dumb they were previously.

But that is just a maybe though....
Center-left

-Ra-
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ra- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am

This.

This is false. Neo-Marxist is very much a thing, and Marxism is very popular in academia.

His Excellence
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby His Excellence » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am

Page wrote:To be an accelerationist, one must believe that (A) capitalism should fall and B) that it's fall should be accelerated by the decline of material conditions.

I have always and still do believe in A but I have been rethinking B.

You had to rethink B? As in, at some point, you genuinely believed it? Do you not realize that you just blatantly characterized your movement/ideology as deliberately wanting to make peoples' lives worse? And you thought that was a good thing? Like we would just dismantle and rebuild our society, and somehow the people who end up in charge of it would be any less corrupt or self serving than they are currently? Have you not seen the track record of various nations that accomplished their communist or socialist revolutions?

This might come as a shock to a lot of so called "revolutionaries," but if you haven't noticed, most of the people who claim to be on your side supporting your cause are only doing so because they think it will give them more power, and they don't actually care about helping any of us. In fact, during Trump's time in office, looking at economic conditions and stats before covid shut everything down, he had done (and continues to do) far more to help marginalized underprivileged demographics achieve prosperity than any of his opponents who keep trying to call him a fascist. So whatever end goal you have of trying to achieve a more equal and harmonic society, Trump is the one who has been working towards that, while his opponents gleefully divide and demoralize the population with lies, by painting him and all his supporters as bigots, enabling bigotry from the left under the guise of morality.

Page wrote:The other problem is that there are fascists waiting to take over when the system falls, and if revolution were to break out under terrible conditions there is no guarantee the fascists will be defeated. A united left must confront fascism in the aftermath of late capitalism in the strongest possible position.

Fun fact: disagreeing with the ideologies that extremists on the left are trying to normalize and unite the entire left under does not make someone a fascist. By this point in time, many politicians and activists supporting this socialist "revolution" you allude to have loudly, blatantly, and unapologetically demonstrated that they will be just as propagandist, oppressive, destructive, race obsessed, and hateful as any fascist.

That term is incredibly overused, by the way. People nowadays have practically no idea what fascism actually is or looks like because everything is supposedly fascist. Except for when the left does things that would be fascist if anyone else did it, it's okay when the left does it, apparently.

Page wrote:Would the fall of capitalism under current conditions more likely lead to fascism or communism?

Capitalism is inherent, in some form or vehicle, to any society that deals with resource scarcity and is made up of people who need things like food and shelter. So, everywhere in reality. Communism and socialism redesign the machine, but they do not somehow achieve more productivity or prosperity, in fact, they often reduce both of these things, because people don't feel incentive to contribute to the community, only to take their share. This happens in capitalism as well, but on nowhere near the same scale. Look at what's happening to the United States when a lot of people were put out of work but continued to receive greater financial support than they made while working. They act like it's just coming from nowhere and we can continue like this indefinitely, while not only shutdown due to the pandemic, but also while rioters (not protesters or demonstrators, the rioters using those protesters as a shield for their crimes) are burning down our cities.

Fascism and communism are not polar opposites. They are both exceedingly awful for the population at large. Being under opposite wings of the left-right dichotomy changes nothing but the method and application of suffering.

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:11 am

I'm sorry but,

First, peddling a Nazi conspiracy theory doesn't make you a Nazi. It can mean you are, but it can also mean you're just a victim of bullshit. You have a terrible reading comprehension.

Second, you haven't watched or listened worth a shit. I can tell.

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:11 am

Page wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:Fair point it is illogical to call someone a Nazi just for disagreeing with you, unless they actually support white supremacy and praise Adolf Hitler as a hero (then they are obviously a Nazi).

Most nazis don't openly praise Hitler, they use dog whistles which their fellow nazis understand the meaning of and conservatives agree with the ostensible message. And they code their antisemitism, replacing the word Jew with cultural Marxist, globalist, elitist, or Soros.

Thing I find hilarious about George Soros is that despite him being Jewish, the far-right just somehow love to think he supports communism and Marxism. But what is hilariously ironic is that George Soros actually help fought against communism by supporting the Solidarity movement in Poland and Charter 77 in Czechoslovakia.

And yet the far-right somehow just thinks he is a guy who wants to establish some "global Marxism".

If anything in reality the far-right and alt-right see George Soros as the boogeyman to their ideologies all because of the fact Soros himself is a successful guy who survived the Holocaust.
Center-left

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:12 am

Page wrote:The term accelerationism has multiple definitions but here means the belief that the fall of capitalism should be accelerated, that the worsening of people's lives under capitalism will cause a revolution happen sooner than if the capitalism's end was forestalled by social democracy and/or a welfare state.

To be an accelerationist, one must believe that (A) capitalism should fall and B) that it's fall should be accelerated by the decline of material conditions.

I have always and still do believe in A but I have been rethinking B. I no longer believe in accelerationism for two reasons. One, I think worsening material conditions do not necessarily make people more revolutionary because people too preoccupied with survival needs often do not have time or energy to fight. I also think that worse lives will cause apathy and despair and leave people unmotivated to resist the system. The other problem is that there are fascists waiting to take over when the system falls, and if revolution were to break out under terrible conditions there is no guarantee the fascists will be defeated. A united left must confront fascism in the aftermath of late capitalism in the strongest possible position.

Are revolutionaries more capable under unchecked capitalism or social democracy? Would the fall of capitalism under current conditions more likely lead to fascism or communism? Will capitalism fall soon or will its death be exceedingly slow?

I am not an accellerationist at all. I think that movements like BLM, etc. are having such an impact because the people involved in it have more social power (money, status) than in earlier times. So first emancipate the downtrodden to gain power. Then, revolution.

Or evolution perhaps, if we can peacefully move away from capitalism.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:14 am

-Ra- wrote:
Southeastern Xiatao wrote:This.

This is false. Neo-Marxist is very much a thing, and Marxism is very popular in academia.

Where exactly in academia is Marxism very popular? I like some proof so I can learn and eventually see your point of view.
Center-left

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:14 am

Duvniask wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:I of course do not use the same definition the Nazis used for "Judeo-Bolshevism" nor do I think it is a Jewish conspiracy or anything stupid like that. I'll watch the video you linked later.

Do you link Cultural Marxism to the Frankfurt school?

Very very loosely. I link it with other schools of thought as well, some that are much worse. I don't like the Frankfurt school, though that's because I don't like postmodernism in general. I think of it as a movement of zealots though, not Jews. I roll my eyes when someone tries to link this to some Jewish "conspiracy," especially when those philosophers tend not to be very friendly to Israel.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Southeastern Xiatao
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southeastern Xiatao » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:16 am

Telconi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

I would rather blow my brains out than live in any fascist society.
Center-left

-Ra-
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ra- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:17 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Page wrote:The term accelerationism has multiple definitions but here means the belief that the fall of capitalism should be accelerated, that the worsening of people's lives under capitalism will cause a revolution happen sooner than if the capitalism's end was forestalled by social democracy and/or a welfare state.

To be an accelerationist, one must believe that (A) capitalism should fall and B) that it's fall should be accelerated by the decline of material conditions.

I have always and still do believe in A but I have been rethinking B. I no longer believe in accelerationism for two reasons. One, I think worsening material conditions do not necessarily make people more revolutionary because people too preoccupied with survival needs often do not have time or energy to fight. I also think that worse lives will cause apathy and despair and leave people unmotivated to resist the system. The other problem is that there are fascists waiting to take over when the system falls, and if revolution were to break out under terrible conditions there is no guarantee the fascists will be defeated. A united left must confront fascism in the aftermath of late capitalism in the strongest possible position.

Are revolutionaries more capable under unchecked capitalism or social democracy? Would the fall of capitalism under current conditions more likely lead to fascism or communism? Will capitalism fall soon or will its death be exceedingly slow?

I am not an accellerationist at all. I think that movements like BLM, etc. are having such an impact because the people involved in it have more social power (money, status) than in earlier times. So first emancipate the downtrodden to gain power. Then, revolution.

Or evolution perhaps, if we can peacefully move away from capitalism.

"Let's move away from the system that has given me all of the privileges I have in my life and the economic prosperity of my country"

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:21 am

Telconi wrote:

I would rather blow my brains out than live in any fascist society.

Same.

Seriously, how can a none-fascist/nazi/alt-righter (although I prefer the term uber-right) say that with a straight face?

New Yugoslavia just is.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General