NATION

PASSWORD

Possible Revolution in Belarus after Rigged election

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Definitely Not Trumptonium wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
Welcome back! Trump/Putin for World Leadership in 2020? :P

I've lost all hope for the world having any leadership in this virus time, I must vote for some kind of automated AI

Strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create bad times, bad times create strong men

Currently we're heavily in part 3 of the loop

Lukashenko supa-dupa-poopa secret name is Alexander Ivanovich, short for AI. Coincidence? I think not! (See how I got the thread back on topic?)

As for the looper, I agree with you, so we need something to motivate the men during the good times. Any ideas?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Definitely Not Trumptonium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Definitely Not Trumptonium » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm

Shofercia wrote:
I've lost all hope for the world having any leadership in this virus time, I must vote for some kind of automated AI

Strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create bad times, bad times create strong men

Currently we're heavily in part 3 of the loop

Lukashenko supa-dupa-poopa secret name is Alexander Ivanovich, short for AI. Coincidence? I think not! (See how I got the thread back on topic?)

As for the looper, I agree with you, so we need something to motivate the men during the good times. Any ideas?

Mandatory broccoli and Jersey shore watching twice a week.

Because then the good times never truly begin, so we're stuck in a loop of forever-improvement.
I sexually identify as Michael Jackson and my preferred pronouns are He / Hee!

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Shofercia wrote:

Mandatory broccoli and Jersey shore watching twice a week.

Because then the good times never truly begin, so we're stuck in a loop of forever-improvement.

Dang, that's hard core, talk about the Situation! (In Belarus that is...)
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Definitely Not Trumptonium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Definitely Not Trumptonium » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:45 pm

I don't have many opinions, Belarus has always been both the weird kid of Europe and the weird neighbour of Poland. I think most people at least give Lukashenko some credit and respect for keeping Belarus in order and safe compared to the constant potential of breakdown in Ukraine which its neighbours need to contend with.

Belarus has also had progress economically compared to other shit post-Soviet states like Ukraine and those in the Caucasus, though it has been extremely slow. Most importantly, it's hard to judge what Lukashenko's support is. That the regime fakes its numbers is no secret, but its important to remember he *was* popular (VERY popular) back in the 90s and early 2000s. When that bar went under half, hard to say.

Ultimately, Belarus will be protected by Russia whatever happens. At best its just a fully autonomous province in practice, so any Western-guided reforms in Belarus are moot to talk about, while Lukashenko has enough military and police firepower and loyalty to keep domestic calls for reform down as well.

Tl;dr I feel sorry for the big minority / small majority of Belarussians who have to endure this, but they don't have any other option anyway.
I sexually identify as Michael Jackson and my preferred pronouns are He / Hee!

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:58 am

so high rank assassinations of decent officials begin, somewhat the rude yet homemade local despot never hazarded. i bet you could begin to feel the steam, putin’s rotten odor when you walk in the street.

the ruler came to bring old style, ‘honest’ baton authority into a mafia sophisticated regime. see lukashenko, worried and hesitant as he trembles: ‘we never assassinated our own renitent officials before’.

and putin’s herald gazing at him upside down, he scolds the old: ‘no. we waste him’.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Previous

Return to General