NATION

PASSWORD

Possible Revolution in Belarus after Rigged election

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am

San Lumen wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Why should we die for the interest of "spreading democracy" while everyone hates us and calls us warmongers. Again look at fucking Iraq and Syria and the mess Bush and arguably Obama left.

We should have let there be a massacre in Benghazi? You would have seen horrific images on tv the next day and said “how could we have prevented this?

We never should’ve gotten involved in Libya in the first damn place
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am

San Lumen wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Why should we die for the interest of "spreading democracy" while everyone hates us and calls us warmongers. Again look at fucking Iraq and Syria and the mess Bush and arguably Obama left.

We should have let there be a massacre in Benghazi? You would have seen horrific images on tv the next day and said “how could we have prevented this?

Way to twist my words into something I didn't say. We shouldn't have been in Libya at all anyway, let the Libyans fight for themselves and leave us and our allies out, it's their issue and it shouldn't be ours.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:16 am

San Lumen wrote:

But we didn't even prevent a massacre. We just made more massacres. Good job guys!
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:17 am

Loben III wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
Oh yes, caring for foreigners is so horrible. :roll:

its less that and believing that we are swimming in cash.

America is the richest country in the world. Why shouldn't we put our wealth to good use instead of letting corrupt millionaires and biliionaires hoard it and avoid paying taxes?

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 am

Bienenhalde wrote:
Loben III wrote:

America is the richest country in the world. Why shouldn't we put our wealth to good use instead of letting corrupt millionaires and biliionaires hoard it and avoid paying taxes?

maybe we should help the people in poverty *here*.

you know. Rednecks, Blacks, hispanics.

the people here who should be worth a fuck to you?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
Oh yes, caring for foreigners is so horrible. :roll:

Diplomatic help is far better than invading their nations. We shouldn’t be intervening all crazy like but we shouldn’t completely forgo the world.

Instead we help the world diplomatically only and no military intervention

Well, I agree that diplomacy is important. Trump's funding cuts for the US State Department are an utter and total disgrace.

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 am

Bienenhalde wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Diplomatic help is far better than invading their nations. We shouldn’t be intervening all crazy like but we shouldn’t completely forgo the world.

Instead we help the world diplomatically only and no military intervention

Well, I agree that diplomacy is important. Trump's funding cuts for the US State Department are an utter and total disgrace.

greatest thing to ever happen imo.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 am

Loben III wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

You don't even give a fuck to those people lmao
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
San Lumen wrote:We should have let there be a massacre in Benghazi? You would have seen horrific images on tv the next day and said “how could we have prevented this?

But we didn't even prevent a massacre. We just made more massacres. Good job guys!

Slave markets are indicative of a thriving society!

just ask the confed-waitaminute.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:20 am

Loben III wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:America is the richest country in the world. Why shouldn't we put our wealth to good use instead of letting corrupt millionaires and biliionaires hoard it and avoid paying taxes?

And yet your beloved isolationist president is just cutting taxes for the rich and taking away government benefits from the poor Americans who actually need it.

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:20 am

Valrifell wrote:
Loben III wrote:

oh noez im a fraud!
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:21 am

Bienenhalde wrote:
Loben III wrote:

And yet your beloved isolationist president is just cutting taxes for the rich and taking away government benefits from the poor Americans who actually need it.

so why dont you do something about mr state dept?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 am

Bienenhalde wrote:
Loben III wrote:

I agree. Let's put their wealth to good use helping Americans instead of enriching those same millionaires and billionaires with overseas wars. Glad you're on my side.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:23 am

Loben III wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

oh noez im a fraud!

No, you're just trying to twist a liberal you dislike because they're a liberal into a pretzel, per usual, even if your regular policy positions indicate zero fucks being given to communities that suddenly matter to you.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:24 am

Valrifell wrote:
Loben III wrote:
oh noez im a fraud!

No, you're just trying to twist a liberal you dislike because they're a liberal into a pretzel, per usual, even if your regular policy positions indicate zero fucks being given to communities that suddenly matter to you.

and my regular policy positions are?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:29 am

Bienenhalde wrote:
Loben III wrote:

So why aren’t we using that money to help Americans? Have you seen the state of our cities? It’s shit. Absolute shit. We shouldn’t be off fighting foreign wars when we can use that money here
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

So why aren’t we using that money to help Americans? Have you seen the state of our cities? It’s shit. Absolute shit. We shouldn’t be off fighting foreign wars when we can use that money here

We could do both if we had leaders who weren't so obsessed with giving tax cuts to the rich.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:36 am

Everyone, if we continue going off topic, the thread will be shut down! You don't want that, do you?
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:19 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
>Assuming Saddam wouldn't have killed as many or more children purposefully or as a result of starting unecessary wars had he remained in office. Absolute cringe.

Press x to doubt. Saddam while terrible was the least bad option. Instead we now have Christians being genocided, terrorists running around, general instability, and a whole bunch of people who hate America.

We never should have invaded Iraq

>Saddam genocides Kurds, invades Kuwait, instigates war with Iran multiple times
>"Least Bad Option"

Saddam Hussein styled himself as the Stalin of the middle east. The intervention wasn't the worst thing, but it could have worked if America hadn't up and said "Whoop-de-doo we won" in '06 without cleaning up their mess. That left the power gap. That left instability. That let the IS come to power.
Christians being genocided is horrid. But at least it's not an organized state doing the genociding.
also when did genocide become a vowel

Exalted Inquellian State wrote:Everyone, if we continue going off topic, the thread will be shut down! You don't want that, do you?

This thread is at least a page and a half past saving, methinks.
⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:23 am

Please end the off-topic discussion and take it to the appropriate thread (or start a new one, if there is something that you'd like to discuss, as long as it has a post that encourages discussion rather than just expressing one's opinion). Let's get back to discussing Belarus and the election results/aftermath, thanks.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:25 am

Outer Acharet wrote:Christians being genocided is horrid. But at least it's not an organized state doing the genociding.

Dead is dead. It doesn't matter who's doing it.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:28 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Outer Acharet wrote:Christians being genocided is horrid. But at least it's not an organized state doing the genociding.

I mean there's a difference between an actual state gunning down citizens of its own nation with helicopters and a terrorist group beheading people. One actually has access to massive resources to make its actions much worse than they otherwise would have been.

But yeah any death that doesn't need to happen is a tragedy.
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Alvaca
Civilian

Founded: Jul 02, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Alvaca » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:30 am

The New California Republic wrote:
The state TV exit poll showed that Mr Lukashenko won nearly 80% of the vote.

Lol come on guys, at least give yourselves 99.9% of the vote, really push the boat out.

But seriously, 80% of the vote, with just 7% going to the main opposition candidate in a modern democracy just isn't possible. There has been some ballot box stuffing going on somewhere.

Ehm... Chirac versus LePen, 2nd round in the French presidential elections of 2002? Chirac got 82% - in a modern democracy.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:31 am

Outer Acharet wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

I mean there's a difference between an actual state gunning down citizens of its own nation with helicopters and a terrorist group beheading people. One actually has access to massive resources to make its actions much worse than they otherwise would have been.

But yeah any death that doesn't need to happen is a tragedy.

Either take this topic to a new thread or stop discussing it in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

This is not a topic on US Policy, genocide, or dictatorships (outside of Belarus). It's about Belarus and it's election.
Last edited by Euroslavia on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am

OK

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General