NATION

PASSWORD

Historic Hindu Temple Inaugurated in India on site of Mosque

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:23 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
It seems you guys don't fucking get it, so let me explain it.

You will never be in such a situation. You are incapable of comprehending such a situation. Statements like "yeah!! go Hindus!! about time!!" or "noooo!! i want the mosque back!!" are completely meaningless, especially when you have literally never heard of this place before and have formed your opinion in less than ten minutes.

It seems you don't fucking get it. I can comprehend situations even if I've never been in them personally. I guess you can't, but for most people this is a relatively easy thing to do. We can go further, and even relate it to other subjects that might be more familiar. I could ask Jewish NSers how they feel about the idea of tearing down the Dome of the Rock and rebuilding their temple, and whether that would be the right thing to do. Or various Pagan/indigenous temples that were Christianized or destroyed. Or ask Christians about the Hagia Sophia being a Mosque. It's not a totally unrelatable situation. It even bares a little similarity to the current trend of tearing down statuary of questionable historical figures, and the question of what, if anything, should replace them. It's possible to think about this stuff. And that's what the OP asked us to do. So we did.

Further, I realize that you may have only learned about this 10 minutes ago. But some of us who pay more attention to global affairs have known about this for a while. Some of us even remember when the Mosque was destroyed.

no, you really can't. 99% of nsg cannot imagine three thousand people dying over a mosque.

Neat! You have an opinion you formed in less than ten minutes from thirty years ago!
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:24 pm

Aureumterra wrote:I don’t think the current conversation has much to do with the Hindu Temple

lol, you were ranting about VIRTUE SIGNALLERS earlier. don't give me shit.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
I wasn't talking about the wiki, I was talking about your comment

Ooooh you insulted me by calling me bro.. I'm skared

How the fuck did I "insult" you? And I wasn't quoting myself.

Edit. Got the wrong one. Will change again

viewtopic.php?p=37494166#p37494166

(Thats better).

See that last paragraph there under the wiki quote.

I believe That was yours. And when you point to what you wrote it is called quoting yourself.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 pm

This is getting ridiculous. Can we please ignore Munkcestrian RepubIic's bitching and moaning and get back to the topic
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pujan: PM Modi offers prayers to Ram Lalla, performs 'sashtang pranam'

Basically, in an event that has largely been overshadowed in the news by coronavirus and the Lebanon explosion, a historic temple to the Hindu deity Lord Rama has been inaugurated in Ayodhya, the birthplace of Rama and one of the holiest sites in Hinduism.

For context, a massive shrine to Lord Rama had existed there for centuries, in 1527, Mughal conqueror Babur conquered Ayodhya, and as a symbol of his victory over the Kingdoms of India, he tore down the shrine to Rama and built a Mosque known as the Babri Masjid, burying the idols of the former shrine under the steps of the Mosque so they would have to be trampled when entering. Ever since, it has been a Hindu dream to one day rebuild the shrine to Lord Rama, however, this was not possible as for centuries, Hindus were second class citizens and oppressed by the Mughals and Sultanates of India.

In 1992, rioters forcefully tore down the Babri Masjid, sparking months of riots and communal violence in India between Hindus and Muslims. A court case arose which had not been resolved until early this year, when the High Court of India ruled in favour of the Hindus, but allowed the Muslims to build a Mosque nearby.

Today, the building of the historic temple has been commissioned in a ceremony known as Bhoomi Pujan, where the shrine of Lord Rama, which had been torn down in 1527, is finally being rebuilt. However, this has not come without controversy, a Hindu organization in America, which had bought a Times Square slot for people in NYC to see the inauguration of the temple in public, was revoked it’s slot due to activism from Islamist groups in the US, which the World Hindu Council has denounced.

What is your opinion on this issue?

I think this is an amazing day, and it is going to go down in the history books of India. It cannot be stressed enough how big this is for Hindus not just in India, but Hindus around the world. This is akin to the Jews rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem.

Why shouldn't the Hindus build it? India's a free country, a democracy. It's not harmful to others.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Novus America wrote:Actually several of us had heard of this before. This controversy has been going on a while.

see my "saw it on the news thirty years ago and formed your opinion in less than ten minutes then" reply.

Novus America wrote:Nice if you to assume everyone but you is ignorant though.

You could've called me ignorant, you know, I don't report people to the jannies or anything.

Novus America wrote:And actually we do have some relevant and somewhat similar experiences, as was brought up, such as debates over monuments and sometimes vigilante groups attacking them.

LOL no, 3,000 people don't die over a Confederate memorial.

Novus America wrote:So actually both your premises are wrong. But even if they were right, you would still be wrong because the whole “just because you do not live in a place means you cannot talk about it” is still a thought terminating cliche. Thus this is fractal wrongness. Wrong at every level.

Now do you want to contribute to the debate? Or just shit post?

Fractal definition of "shit post".
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:This is getting ridiculous. Can we please ignore Munkcestrian RepubIic's bitching and moaning and get back to the topic

True, responding to shit posting only begets more shit posting.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:How the fuck did I "insult" you? And I wasn't quoting myself.

I believe That was yours. And when you point to what you wrote it is called quoting yourself.

No, I posted something. Otherwise by your logic whenever anyone posts anything they're just quoting themselves.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 pm

You guys still trying to pretend you don't get my point :blush: and then

Eitoan wrote:Why shouldn't the Hindus build it? India's a free country, a democracy. It's not harmful to others.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Novus America wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:This is getting ridiculous. Can we please ignore Munkcestrian RepubIic's bitching and moaning and get back to the topic

True, responding to shit posting only begets more shit posting.

Only shit in posting here is the definition of "shitposting" covered in it because you just pulled it out of your ass.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

No, I posted something. Otherwise by your logic whenever anyone posts anything they're just quoting themselves.

One can be annoyed with original posts.

I did go back and get the right one. It is what you wrote under the wiki post.

I find it pretentious to quote yourself,and I disagree with your premise. To paraphrase Mr. Ug, we can have empathy for other positions even if we are not in those positions themselves.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 pm

So I posted this earlier, but it was overshadowed by Munkcestrian Republic's bullshit, so here it is again

The mosque was destroyed 28 years ago
We're about 20 years or so too late to have a discussion about whether or not it should have been torn down. What's done is done. Now it's a matter of what should be built there. Considering that part of the reason that mosque was put there was to spite Hindus, I'm on team temple
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:You guys still trying to pretend you don't get my point :blush: and then

Eitoan wrote:Why shouldn't the Hindus build it? India's a free country, a democracy. It's not harmful to others.

Not everyone on nationstates is an expert, are you new here? That poster is still entitled to state their opinion no matter how ill formed it is.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:No, I posted something. Otherwise by your logic whenever anyone posts anything they're just quoting themselves.

One can be annoyed with original posts.

I did go back and get the right one. It is what you wrote under the wiki post.

I find it pretentious to quote yourself,and I disagree with your premise. To paraphrase Mr. Ug, we can have empathy for other positions even if we are not in those positions themselves.

How was I fucking quoting myself? Don't call me pretentious when you're saying shit like "To paraphrase Mr. Ug".
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Free Indian States wrote:Well, the Muslims were given another plot of land to rebuild he mosque, so well, that answers the two ANs.

Indeed. It's not like India is going to persecute the Muslims as revenge.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:So I posted this earlier, but it was overshadowed by Munkcestrian Repdestr's bullshit, so here it is again

We're about 20 years or so too late to have a discussion about whether or not it should have been torn down. What's done is done. Now it's a matter of what should be built there. Considering that part of the reason that mosque was put there was to spite Hindus, I'm on team temple

Point taken, fair I agree.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Can we please get on topic?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:You guys still trying to pretend you don't get my point :blush: and then

Not everyone on nationstates is an expert, are you new here? That poster is still entitled to state their opinion no matter how ill formed it is.

It's no more ill-formed than any of the others expressed, it's just more open about it.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:39 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Can we please get on topic?

We are discussing the validity of points made on the topic, so we are already on topic, thank you.
Last edited by Munkcestrian RepubIic on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:So I posted this earlier, but it was overshadowed by Munkcestrian Repdestr's bullshit, so here it is again

Yes, I mentioned this earlier as well. Given that the Mosque is long gone and the courts finally ruled on ownership, that pretty much solves it.

If Hindus rightfully own it (I admit I am not an expert on Indian property law but I will assume this is correct according to Indian law) and it is and empty unused plot already, I have no problem with them building on it.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:43 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:It seems you don't fucking get it. I can comprehend situations even if I've never been in them personally. I guess you can't, but for most people this is a relatively easy thing to do. We can go further, and even relate it to other subjects that might be more familiar. I could ask Jewish NSers how they feel about the idea of tearing down the Dome of the Rock and rebuilding their temple, and whether that would be the right thing to do. Or various Pagan/indigenous temples that were Christianized or destroyed. Or ask Christians about the Hagia Sophia being a Mosque. It's not a totally unrelatable situation. It even bares a little similarity to the current trend of tearing down statuary of questionable historical figures, and the question of what, if anything, should replace them. It's possible to think about this stuff. And that's what the OP asked us to do. So we did.

Further, I realize that you may have only learned about this 10 minutes ago. But some of us who pay more attention to global affairs have known about this for a while. Some of us even remember when the Mosque was destroyed.

no, you really can't. 99% of nsg cannot imagine three thousand people dying over a mosque.

Any of us who were alive in 9/11 can imagine 3,000 people dying in the name of religion. Most of us can imagine rioting. This is silly, and pointless to discuss. I'm not entertaining you further.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Novus America wrote:

Yes, I mentioned this earlier as well. Given that the Mosque is long gone and the courts finally ruled on ownership, that pretty much solves it.

If Hindus rightfully own it (I admit I am not an expert on Indian property law but I will assume this is correct according to Indian law) and it is and empty unused plot already, I have no problem with them building on it.

I know jack shit about Indian Property law, but how would the Hindus own it? Who gave it to them? The court?

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:no, you really can't. 99% of nsg cannot imagine three thousand people dying over a mosque.

Any of us who were alive in 9/11 can imagine 3,000 people dying in the name of religion. Most of us can imagine rioting. This is silly, and pointless to discuss. I'm not entertaining you further.

Oh, you can imagine 9/11. You just can't imagine this.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:51 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Novus America wrote:

I know jack shit about Indian Property law, but how would the Hindus own it? Who gave it to them? The court?

Apparently yes, the court gave ownership to them. It had been subject to a legal dispute stretching back a very long time. And the court finally made the final ruling that it belongs to Hindus.

As to the details of the law I really do not know. Indian property law is not my forte.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General