NATION

PASSWORD

Historic Hindu Temple Inaugurated in India on site of Mosque

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:35 pm

Aclion wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Mount Rushmore ;)?

Not a confederate monument.
Also not as valid an argument when the group claims literally everything is sacred, because then there's not the option of building things somewhere else, and becomes much like the mosque, more about preventing other's practices then preserving you're own.

It should be noted that we did not bury Native American artifacts there and set it up so that they would be trampled underfoot everytime people went there.

The Muslims did do that on the other hand.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:08 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Aclion wrote:This would be relevant if the confederate monuments had been built over black churches or something.

Mount Rushmore ;)?

The Sioux were genocidal monsters. Mount Rushmore stays.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Gurkha Nepal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurkha Nepal » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
Again: muslims convert holy sites from other religions into mosques all the time. They've taken over quite a few churches that were now longer used due to people abandoning their faith.
Why should Hindus not be allowed to convert an old unused site formerly containing a mosque to a temple ?

Two wrongs don't make a right. What certain muslims do doesnt justify Hindus saying "fuck your mosque," and I would rather this not happen at all.

Erdogan turning the Hagia Sophia into a mosque doesn't justify this. The Hagia Sophia is, I repeat, IS a Greek Orthodox Church, and that "Hindu Temple" is sitting on a mosque.

This makes no sense because the temple was there before and Babur destroyed it and built to mosque to symbolize Islamic supremacy
सयौं थुँगा फूलका
Gurkha Nepal | गूर्खा नेपाल

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Gotta be woke and virtue signal, even though you’ve never likely once set foot in India

I remember seeing this thing about a college protest in the US to "free" Kashmir, most of the protestors were white liberals who’ve never been to India, the interviewer went up to this guy (who was really stereotypical, with died hair and piercings everywhere), and asked him why he was protesting. The guy said "to free Kashmiri Muslims oppressed by India."

The journalist then asked about the Kashmiri Pundits, the Hindus who were exiled from the area, he said "I don’t know, they sound like something the Indian government made up."

Seems like a Virtue Signaling expert
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Hold on. So, this is..good for Hindu people, yes?
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:07 pm

Minskiev wrote:Hold on. So, this is..good for Hindu people, yes?

It's good period.

Foreigner invaders desecrated a native religious site just to say "fuck you"; it was a flip of the bird, which is now being corrected. But of course because Muslims are a minority they're naturally being "oppressed" when symbols of their former oppression are being torn down.

If the roles were reversed everybody decrying this as bigoted and discriminatory would be singing praises because, y'know, the majority is always evil and oppressive and the minority always innocent and oppressed.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

No State Here
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby No State Here » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Good. Symbols of oppression should be torn down, just like the confederate statues in the US.

India was a place where, for a long time, the minority oppressed the majority
Abolish NSG

New York Anarcho-Capitalist Minarchist, not an Ancap anymore
Theme
Anthem

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:10 pm

It’s removing a symbol of Hindu oppression and Arab Muslim supremacy [and restoring the site to its true function], so yes.
Last edited by The Islands of Versilia on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:If the roles were reversed everybody decrying this as bigoted and discriminatory would be singing praises because, y'know, the majority is always evil and oppressive and the minority always innocent and oppressed.
:eyebrow: chinny reckon
No State Here wrote:India was a place where, for a long time, the minority oppressed the majority
So let me get this straight:

tyranny of the minority: bad

tyranny of the majority: better?
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm

-Astoria- wrote:tyranny of the majority: better?

That's what the entire West said in regards to South Africa and Zimbabwe.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:04 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:

That's what the entire West said in regards to South Africa and Zimbabwe.
Let me introduce you to apartheid & Rhodesia, respectively.

*This should not be taken as endorsement of the Mugabe regime, nor the numerous pitfalls & flaws of the ANC, in case you didn't know.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:19 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

It's good period.

Foreigner invaders desecrated a native religious site just to say "fuck you"; it was a flip of the bird, which is now being corrected. But of course because Muslims are a minority they're naturally being "oppressed" when symbols of their former oppression are being torn down.

If the roles were reversed everybody decrying this as bigoted and discriminatory would be singing praises because, y'know, the majority is always evil and oppressive and the minority always innocent and oppressed.

Never meant bad for others. This does seem like something good, as I’m not sure how happy I’d be if the Brits burnt out White House down in the War of 1812, but we never rebuilt it.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:38 pm

The Islands of Versilia wrote:

It’s removing a symbol of Hindu oppression and Arab Muslim supremacy [and restoring the site to its true function], so yes.

*Persianite Muslim supremacy
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Aclion wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Simbe ... Relocation
The building was literally built by a conquering apartheid state for the explicit purpose of genocide.

Wow we are on the same page.

That makes 3. Scary.

Martha hold me....
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:40 pm

Did anyone say that?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:48 pm

I see nothing wrong with reclaiming one of the most monumental sites of Indian culture and rebuilding a temple to one of the most famous figures in literature.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Outer Acharet wrote:
Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:We should've listened to Gandhi guys. It would make a great nuclear silo to obliterate his enemies.

In all seriousness though, I see nothing wrong with this.

This on the other hand. While the Confederate statues really are neo-Confederate propaganda, Christopher Columbus wasn't the guy murdering natives just fyi. It was actually disease and the conquistadors doing that (thanks, Hernan Cortes and Francisco Pizarro).

Ol' Chrissy wasn't innocent, either. You know how he got arrested and sent back to Europe? Twice?

Wikipedia wrote:Bobadilla reported to Spain that Columbus regularly used torture and mutilation to govern Hispaniola. The 48-page report, found in 2006 in the national archive in the Spanish city of Simancas, contains testimonies from 23 people, including both enemies and supporters of Columbus, about the treatment of colonial subjects by Columbus and his brothers during his seven-year rule.[98]

According to the report, Columbus once punished a man found guilty of stealing corn by having his ears and nose cut off and then selling him into slavery. Testimony recorded in the report stated that Columbus congratulated his brother Bartolomeo on "defending the family" when the latter ordered a woman paraded naked through the streets and then had her tongue cut out for suggesting that Columbus was of lowly birth.[98] The document also describes how Columbus put down native unrest and revolt: he first ordered a brutal crackdown in which many natives were killed, and then paraded their dismembered bodies through the streets in an attempt to discourage further rebellion.[99]

Christopher Columbus took the people of Hispaniola's gold, enslaved them, and had them mine for more until they died. And this was after he had converted them to Christianity, which was a big no-no to the Church. He was a brutal dictator and was stripped of his governing position by the Spanish monarchy for his deeds, only being allowed to return to the New World on his deathbed to see the land he'd uncovered.

However, IMO he's also an important figure, and many places' statues of him aren't celebrating these deeds. These deeds most often came to light in the modern day well after the statues were put up, which gives them time to become markers and symbols of the community. When they were built he was the man who discovered America, not a greedy tyrant.

You conveniently left out the next line from the Wikipedia article, which states
Wikipedia wrote:The neutrality and accuracy of this report and the accusations of Bobadilla towards Columbus and his brothers have been disputed by historians, given the anti-Italian sentiment of the Spaniards and Bobadilla's desire to take over Columbus' position.[100][101][102]

I'm not denying that Columbus did bad things (after all, he did still do some pretty awful things to the Taino), but the atrocities he committed against the natives are likely exaggerated by the Spanish themselves. A more neutral source would be helpful. In addition, there's still the "black legend" overall from the Spanish colonial days which influences accounts of ol' Chris to this day. He's used at this point as a symbol for the depopulation of the indigenous peoples of the New World. That's why I don't think Columbus deserves as much hate as he does.

Edit: I feel like Fallout 76 with constantly updating this poorly written initial post into something... more workable
Last edited by Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:You conveniently left out the next line from the Wikipedia article, which states
Wikipedia wrote:The neutrality and accuracy of this report and the accusations of Bobadilla towards Columbus and his brothers have been disputed by historians, given the anti-Italian sentiment of the Spaniards and Bobadilla's desire to take over Columbus' position.[100][101][102]

I'm not denying that Columbus did bad things (after all, he did still do some pretty awful things to the Taino), but the atrocities he committed against the natives are likely exaggerated by the Spanish themselves. A more neutral source would be helpful. In addition, there's still the "black legend" overall from the Spanish colonial days which influences accounts of ol' Chris to this day. He's used at this point as a symbol for the depopulation of the indigenous peoples of the New World. That's why I don't think Columbus deserves as much hate as he does.

Edit: I feel like Fallout 76 with constantly updating this poorly written initial post into something... more workable

Actually... I, uh, didn't notice that bit. I was skimming over the article looking for what I needed, my bad. And I do concede that Bobadilla was likely biased in his assessment of Columbus, as were those who judged him (as I understand it, they were particularly shocked by the fact that the enslaved peoples were already converted to Christianity) and there's definitely worse things in Spain's colonial record, particularly their atrocities at Potosí. I think people look to Columbus to point out the dark side of Spanish colonialism because he's a figure the common perception knows as a jolly old explorer, not a greed-motivated entrepreneur with a willingness to look the other way at certain less-than-moral acts.

tl;dr, sorry, i'm tired and forgot to gather context, you're absolutely correct
⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Why the fuck do any of you care so much? 90% of the people responding are Americans.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:Why the fuck do any of you care so much? 90% of the people responding are Americans.

We like passing judgement on other people's affairs. It's a privilege we get from being TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE.
⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:Why the fuck do any of you care so much? 90% of the people responding are Americans.

Imagine getting this upset over people expressing their opinion in a debate forum. When asked their opinion.
Last edited by Neanderthaland on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm

It's a debate forum we're suppose to give our opinions on threads like this.

As for my opinion on this subject, not sure how I feel about this, but hopefully tensions between Hindus and Muslims don't escalate.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm

You people are missing something important here. The mosque hasn't been for 28 years. If you rebuilt the mosque, you wouldn't be rebuilding the mosque, you'd be building a replica of it. Okay, carry on
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:

Imagine getting this upset over people expressing their opinion in a debate forum. When asked their opinion.

"uhh peace!!"
"nuh-uhh!! uhh based hindus!!!"

Imagine using "Imagine" as a response.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Imagine getting this upset over people expressing their opinion in a debate forum. When asked their opinion.

"uhh peace!!"
"nuh-uhh!! uhh based hindus!!!"

Imagine using "Imagine" as a response.

They're 100% right. It's a debate forum. We're debating
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General