NATION

PASSWORD

Historic Hindu Temple Inaugurated in India on site of Mosque

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:30 am

Bombadil wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:At this rate, 2020's starting to run out of ideas.

It's resorted to just blowing up cities at this point.

No really what is all this violence in India you people are talking about?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:31 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

There is no violence here, they might be lying or looking at old articles from February when there were riots in Delhi, but nothing now
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:36 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

I believe he was referring to the Beirut explosion.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:14 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:No really what is all this violence in India you people are talking about?

No shit

I’m asking about the violence Page was talking about
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:22 am

Aureumterra wrote:No shit

Then I think you quoted the wrong person:
Aureumterra wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:25 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:No shit

Then I think you quoted the wrong person:
Aureumterra wrote:No really what is all this violence in India you people are talking about?

Sure, but you still haven’t answered my question, where is this violence?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:26 am

Aureumterra wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:Then I think you quoted the wrong person:

Soon(TM)
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

United Nations organisation
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Nations organisation » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:27 am

The Hindustani State wrote:Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pujan: PM Modi offers prayers to Ram Lalla, performs 'sashtang pranam'

Basically, in an event that has largely been overshadowed in the news by coronavirus and the Lebanon explosion, a historic temple to the Hindu deity Lord Rama has been inaugurated in Ayodhya, the birthplace of Rama and one of the holiest sites in Hinduism.

For context, a massive shrine to Lord Rama had existed there for centuries, in 1527, Mughal conqueror Babur conquered Ayodhya, and as a symbol of his victory over the Kingdoms of India, he tore down the shrine to Rama and built a Mosque known as the Babri Masjid, burying the idols of the former shrine under the steps of the Mosque so they would have to be trampled when entering. Ever since, it has been a Hindu dream to one day rebuild the shrine to Lord Rama, however, this was not possible as for centuries, Hindus were second class citizens and oppressed by the Mughals and Sultanates of India.

In 1992, rioters forcefully tore down the Babri Masjid, sparking months of riots and communal violence in India between Hindus and Muslims. A court case arose which had not been resolved until early this year, when the High Court of India ruled in favour of the Hindus, but allowed the Muslims to build a Mosque nearby.

Today, the building of the historic temple has been commissioned in a ceremony known as Bhoomi Pujan, where the shrine of Lord Rama, which had been torn down in 1527, is finally being rebuilt. However, this has not come without controversy, a Hindu organization in America, which had bought a Times Square slot for people in NYC to see the inauguration of the temple in public, was revoked it’s slot due to activism from Islamist groups in the US, which the World Hindu Council has denounced.

What is your opinion on this issue?

I think this is an amazing day, and it is going to go down in the history books of India. It cannot be stressed enough how big this is for Hindus not just in India, but Hindus around the world. This is akin to the Jews rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem.

I as a Indian and Hindu salute you for bringing this topic
Former Home Minister of Lasagna
Former Foreign Minister of Lasagna
Former Prime Minister of Lasagna
Former Chief Executive for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Foreign Minister of Lasagna

Former Deputy Home Minister of Lisseum

"When people with similar thoughts come together success is achieved."
"If you want to see change then initiate that change."
"In your whole life don't be desperate, the more the desperate you are the more the mistakes you make. Accept facts and move on."
"When there is a heavy discontent against you expect something bad is waiting for you in the Future"

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am

Aureumterra wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:Then I think you quoted the wrong person:

Didn't know you wanted me to answer, but fine.

<editing>

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Sundiata wrote:That's an egregious violation of religious liberty and blatantly disrespectful to Indian citizens who don't practice Hinduism.

Why?

Because you can't just force your religion on other people like that, it's a process of discernment that every individual must decide for themselves.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:41 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Why?

Because you can't just force your religion on other people like that, it's a process of discernment that every individual must decide for themselves.

I agree, but in the context of this particular site, it makes a slight modicum of sense. As The Hindustani State (who is most certainly a neutral opinion on this topic) pointed out, this is an incredibly important monument for the Hindus, and the mosque built there (which was originally built on the site to emphasize conquering Muslim superiority over local Hindus) was torn down 20 years ago. Keeping in mind that the ruling party in India strongly favors Hindus over Muslims, this move is somewhat colored, but otherwise makes sense, as right now the site isn't being used for anything.

It's not really forcing one's own religion on anyone. Muslims don't need to go to the site, they haven't been using the mosque there for a long time now, and the importance of the site to the Hindu religion cannot be overstated.

EDIT: Corrected my grammar
Last edited by Outer Acharet on Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Why?

It’s rebuilding a temple on a Hindu holy site that was desecrated by Muslim invaders and oppressors of the Hindu faith and those who adhere to it. How is this forcing Hinduism on anyone?
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Outer Acharet wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Because you can't just force your religion on other people like that, it's a process of discernment that every individual must decide for themselves.

I agree, but in the context of this particular site, it makes a slight modicum of sense. As The Hindustani State (who is most certainly a neutral opinion on this topic) pointed out, this is an incredibly important monument for the Hindus, and the mosque built there (which was originally built on the site to emphasize conquering Muslim superiority over local Hindus) was torn down 20 years ago. Keeping in mind that the ruling party in India strongly favors Hindus over Muslims, this move is somewhat colored, but otherwise makes sense, as right now the site isn't being used for anything.

It's not really forcing one's own religion on anyone. Muslims don't need to go to the site, they haven't been using the mosque there for a long time now, and the importance of the site to the Hindu religion cannot be overstated.

EDIT: Corrected my grammar

Pretty much this

Although I should mention THS is a Modi and BJP supporter based on previous posts. Still doing my own research on this issue his analysis seems accurate
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:34 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:The Muslims who's mosque got torn down seem to interpret it that way.

But why ? They were not using it. They also have no problem with building a mosque at locations previously occupied by other religions - in fact, it being "sacred ground" is considered a plus when land is bought and construction plans are made.

Because they were using it. And then Hindu nationalists destroyed their building. And now those same Hindu nationalists want to build a temple there.

I don't see what's confusing about not wanting Hindu nationalists to get their way like this. It's rewarding bad behavior, and spitting in the face of secularism.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
But why ? They were not using it. They also have no problem with building a mosque at locations previously occupied by other religions - in fact, it being "sacred ground" is considered a plus when land is bought and construction plans are made.

Because they were using it. And then Hindu nationalists destroyed their building. And now those same Hindu nationalists want to build a temple there.

I don't see what's confusing about not wanting Hindu nationalists to get their way like this. It's rewarding bad behavior, and spitting in the face of secularism.

The mosque wasn’t in use when it was torn down. It was nothing more than a spit in the face of Hindus, no different to the 1960s or something Confederate statues. Both were built solely to remind others of “their place”.
Last edited by The Islands of Versilia on Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

At the time it was torn down the mosque was not being used as a mosque and had not been used as one for decades, as it had been tied up in a legal dispute.

The last time it was used as a mosque was 1949.
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:I don't see what's confusing about not wanting Hindu nationalists to get their way like this. It's rewarding bad behavior, and spitting in the face of secularism.

Funny way to say "India".
Really, there's little difference between the two. India's government is secular in name only, anyways. Nationalistic sentiment is strong there, and most of it is tied to their unique Hindu identity.
⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Outer Acharet wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:I don't see what's confusing about not wanting Hindu nationalists to get their way like this. It's rewarding bad behavior, and spitting in the face of secularism.

Really, there's little difference between the two. India's government is secular in name only, anyways. Nationalistic sentiment is strong there, and most of it is tied to their unique Hindu identity.

I believe that nationalism is fine, however Hindu nationalism is directly inapplicable to 20% of India's population. Ethnic and sectarian conflict is a bad thing that will destabilize a nation, as shown in its results of Gandhi being shot, Gandhi being shot, and Gandhi being blown up. Not to mention all the rioting and killings.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:57 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Because they were using it.

How were they using it then ? Not as a mosque, as people earlier in the topic pointed out it has not been used as a mosque since the 40s.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:45 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

I am a Hindu nationalist, I want the land that was stolen from my people back and symbols of hate like this one taken down
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:23 pm

Kind of a scumbag move, innit.

They should make it a mosque/temple where everybody can come worship in commemoration of what was lost and the future friendship of Hindus and Muslims India wants.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:13 am

The Rich Port wrote:Kind of a scumbag move, innit.

They should make it a mosque/temple where everybody can come worship in commemoration of what was lost and the future friendship of Hindus and Muslims India wants.
*looks at current gov't*

Yeah; sadly that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:17 am

Outer Acharet wrote:

India has more Muslim citizens than most countries have people. Defining the Indian national identity in a way that explicitedly excludes them inevitably results in desaster.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:37 am

-Astoria- wrote:

Yes, I was.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:46 am

Hindus were treated badly under previous rulers of India, and their temples replaced with ones of Islam. Today, Muslims are the second class citizens and their temples are being replaced with Hindu ones. Temple-replacing has gone on for thousands of years, and it doesn't look like this tactic has changed. Oh, how much progress thousands of years can bring in some areas, but absolutely zero progress in others.
If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General