NATION

PASSWORD

Large explosion in Beirut - hundreds reported injured

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:02 pm

La xinga wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
You're a weird one. On my ignore list you go.

Okay then?
Heloin wrote:What your saying makes no sense wand is so unlikely to have happened that considering it is utterly ludicrous.

No it really does not.

It really makes no sense. IIRC fire started during work hours. The warehouse would have been watched and guarded. Some kids going in and starting a fire is extremely improbable if not outright impossible.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:03 pm

Andsed wrote:
La xinga wrote:Okay then?

No it really does not.

It really makes no sense. IIRC fire started during work hours. The warehouse would have been watched and guarded. Some kids going in and starting a fire is extremely improbable if not outright impossible.

Kids can't smuggle in during work hours?

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:03 pm

La xinga wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It probably should have stayed there instead of being beamed across the net tbh.

You think so, I do not.

It's a bit of a weird hill to choose to die on tbh, you should probably just admit it was a silly suggestion that has no basis, instead of doubling down.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:04 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
La xinga wrote:You think so, I do not.

It's a bit of a weird hill to choose to die on tbh, you should probably just admit it was a silly suggestion that has no basis, instead of doubling down.

No, since I believe it has a strong chance, even if you don't believe it.

Names Are Too Hard
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Names Are Too Hard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:05 pm

La xinga wrote:
Names Are Too Hard wrote:Saying “nuh uh” does not help your argument, as has been pointed out to you over numerous occasions.

everyone else is saying "Yuh Huh" and I'm saying "Nuh Uh."

They’re saying the equivalent of “you’re likely incorrect because a., b., c., etc.“

you’re saying “no.”
Sometimes words sound good in my head but my tongue make not the words sound good
Typos and bad grammar are likely due to me being on mobile, but might just be cause I’m stupid.
Organized religion bad

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:05 pm

La xinga wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Lol no it doesn't.

It really does.

And 9/11 was done by the Russian Maffia. You can't prove it wasn't!
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:06 pm

Names Are Too Hard wrote:
La xinga wrote:everyone else is saying "Yuh Huh" and I'm saying "Nuh Uh."

They’re saying the equivalent of “you’re likely incorrect because a., b., c., etc.“

you’re saying “no.”

No, they are not. They are saying: This is absurd if not impossible.

I am saying no to that.

Capeesh?

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:06 pm

La xinga wrote:
Andsed wrote:It really makes no sense. IIRC fire started during work hours. The warehouse would have been watched and guarded. Some kids going in and starting a fire is extremely improbable if not outright impossible.

Kids can't smuggle in during work hours?

In an extremely busy area that is closely watched? It is extremely unlikely that they could of gotten in there. Much less start of a fire. Your theory nothing but a bunch of absurd assumptions with no real backing other than "well it could have happened!" I do not get why you are trying so hard to defend such an absurd idea.
Last edited by Andsed on Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:06 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
La xinga wrote:It really does.

I know, I cannot.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:07 pm

La xinga wrote:
Heloin wrote:Instead of wasting everyone's time with saying "no it makes sense" over and over when it clearly doesn't why not explain how your insane theory could ever make any sense.

I have explained it again and again.

No you haven't actually. All you've done is say "youths did it" and "isn't it possible". Most people wouldn't know what ammonium nitrate looks like so the chances of some youths entering the most secure part of the port and knowing what was stored in that warehouse are so small and slim that the suggestion is entirely absurd.

Names Are Too Hard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Names Are Too Hard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:07 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
La xinga wrote:It really does.

Yes, and the explosion in Beirut was perpetrated by an elite team of terrorist teenagers that infiltrated a facility full of explosive material in order to detonate it.

Because I feel like it

And you can’t prove otherwise.
Sometimes words sound good in my head but my tongue make not the words sound good
Typos and bad grammar are likely due to me being on mobile, but might just be cause I’m stupid.
Organized religion bad

Lanorth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lanorth » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:07 pm

i give up with this signature smh

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:07 pm

Heloin wrote:
La xinga wrote:I have explained it again and again.

No you haven't actually. All you've done is say "youths did it" and "isn't it possible". Most people wouldn't know what ammonium nitrate looks like so the chances of some youths entering the most secure part of the port and knowing what was stored in that warehouse are so small and slim that the suggestion is entirely absurd.

I said it is possible that they got there and possibly bribed them, it is not absurd.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:And 9/11 was done by the Russian Maffia. You can't prove it wasn't!

Yes, and the explosion in Beirut was perpetrated by an elite team of terrorist teenagers that infiltrated a facility full of explosive material in order to detonate it.

Because I feel like it

That's possible too.

Names Are Too Hard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Names Are Too Hard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:08 pm

La xinga wrote:
Heloin wrote:No you haven't actually. All you've done is say "youths did it" and "isn't it possible". Most people wouldn't know what ammonium nitrate looks like so the chances of some youths entering the most secure part of the port and knowing what was stored in that warehouse are so small and slim that the suggestion is entirely absurd.

I said it is possible that they got there and possibly bribed them, it is not absurd.

Lmao but you’re just making random hypothetical statements and presenting them as fact.
Organized religion bad

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:08 pm

La xinga wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It's a bit of a weird hill to choose to die on tbh, you should probably just admit it was a silly suggestion that has no basis, instead of doubling down.

No, since I believe it has a strong chance, even if you don't believe it.

A belief without any basis whatsoever.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:08 pm

La xinga wrote:
Heloin wrote:No you haven't actually. All you've done is say "youths did it" and "isn't it possible". Most people wouldn't know what ammonium nitrate looks like so the chances of some youths entering the most secure part of the port and knowing what was stored in that warehouse are so small and slim that the suggestion is entirely absurd.

No it is. It is extremely absurd.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:09 pm

La xinga wrote:

Heloin wrote:You could have done it is a possibility. Why aren't you suggesting you did it?

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:09 pm

La xinga wrote:I said it is possible that they got there and possibly bribed them, it is not absurd.

Lmao but you’re just making random hypothetical statements and presenting them as fact.

I'm not, how many times to I have to tell you. I said possibility, not a fact!!!
Andsed wrote:
La xinga wrote:I said it is possible that they got there and possibly bribed them, it is not absurd.

It is not.
La xinga wrote:No, since I believe it has a strong chance, even if you don't believe it.

A belief without any basis whatsoever.

I said it's a possibility, what don't you get?

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:10 pm

La xinga wrote:
Names Are Too Hard wrote:Yes, and the explosion in Beirut was perpetrated by an elite team of terrorist teenagers that infiltrated a facility full of explosive material in order to detonate it.

Because I feel like it

That's possible too.

And it is also possible that a worker shat on the floor and set his shit on fire and that is what caused the explosion. Has as much backing as what your suggesting.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:10 pm

La xinga wrote:

Why are you making up stories? What is going on here? What are you doing? This is really fucking weird man.

Wave on, wave on

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Heloin wrote:

Heloin wrote:You could have done it is a possibility. Why aren't you suggesting you did it?

Because I know for a fact I didn't. But you could believe I did it.

Names Are Too Hard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Names Are Too Hard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 pm

La xinga wrote:
Names Are Too Hard wrote:Lmao but you’re just making random hypothetical statements and presenting them as fact.

I'm not, how many times to I have to tell you. I said possibility, not a fact!!!
Andsed wrote:

It is not.
The New California Republic wrote:A belief without any basis whatsoever.

Okay, fine, it’s a possibility without any basis in fact and shouldn’t be considered. Does that work?
Organized religion bad

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 pm

Andsed wrote:
La xinga wrote:That's possible too.

And it is also possible that a worker shat on the floor and set his shit on fire and that is what caused the explosion. Has as much backing as what your suggesting.

I know, that's possible.

Why are you making up stories? What is going on here? What are you doing? This is really fucking weird man.

I'm not. I'm not saying it was not an accident, I'm saying this is a poss.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 pm

La xinga wrote:
Names Are Too Hard wrote:Lmao but you’re just making random hypothetical statements and presenting them as fact.

Andsed wrote:

It is not.
The New California Republic wrote:A belief without any basis whatsoever.

Why you are defending such an absurd idea. Just because something is possible does not mean it should be taken seriously. You can't just go down whatever rabbit hole on the basis of "well it could of happened!"
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General