NATION

PASSWORD

Large explosion in Beirut - hundreds reported injured

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am

Christian Confederation wrote:Massive expansion destroys Main Port in Failing Arab State, Let's look at what we know.
Hezbollah- A Terrorist Organization responsible for countless attacks on Israel.
Lebanon- A failing state That hates Israel and claims they have nothing to do with it.
Israel- Claims they have nothing to do with It.

Now let's speculate a little, What could have happened.
A Freak accident- Wow High Explosives stored improperly cause big explosion who would have guessed.

Oh Hezbollah- Hezbollah is known to launch Rocket attacks from Schools, Hospitals, and other Places Illegal to Launch Rockets from to prevent Israeli Retaliation. So is it to much of a Stretch to Suspect they also store Rockets where they don't belong?

Israel does it again- This very well could have been the work of America's Favorite Jewish Nation. But they Denied it so It's most likely not them.

Wow They made a Nuke- This is a joke but it would be funny if Lebron got a nuke and Instantly blew themselves up by mistake.

So What now? We wait to know more before we do anything crazy. If this is the Death Blow of Lebanon I think Israel should annex the country to handle Hezbollah and to keep the people from starving. There's no reason Israel can't be for the Lebanese, Palestinians, and Jews.

Aliens
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 am

Just a reminder of what was said earlier:

Santheres wrote:If this thread becomes just "This is a conspiracy" -> "Is not" -> "Is so" again, then it's getting locked. If you can't have a real discussion, then stop posting.

There's no need to act like children, even if you legally are one.

Thank you!
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:42 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Massive expansion destroys Main Port in Failing Arab State, Let's look at what we know.
Hezbollah- A Terrorist Organization responsible for countless attacks on Israel.
Lebanon- A failing state That hates Israel and claims they have nothing to do with it.

A Freak accident- Wow High Explosives stored improperly cause big explosion who would have guessed.

Oh Hezbollah- Hezbollah is known to launch Rocket attacks from Schools, Hospitals, and other Places Illegal to Launch Rockets from to prevent Israeli Retaliation. So is it to much of a Stretch to Suspect they also store Rockets where they don't belong?

Israel does it again- This very well could have been the work of America's Favorite Jewish Nation. But they Denied it so It's most likely not them.

Wow They made a Nuke- This is a joke but it would be funny if Lebron got a nuke and Instantly blew themselves up by mistake.

So What now? We wait to know more before we do anything crazy. If this is the Death Blow of Lebanon I think Israel should annex the country to handle Hezbollah and to keep the people from starving. There's no reason Israel can't be for the Lebanese, Palestinians, and Jews.

Aliens

Well it's 2020 anything can happen lol
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:43 am

The last time Israel annexed Lebanon, people were massacred in Sabra and Shatila. For the love of God do not let that racial supremacist state take Lebanon over. It's bad enough Palestine has that boot on their neck. Lebanon doesn't need that too. An Israeli occupation of Lebanon would be at best as bad as the British Army was during the troubles in Northern Ireland, and at worst it would be like the Saudi bombing of Yemen.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:45 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:

The last time Israel annexed Lebanon, people were massacred in Sabra and Shatila. For the love of God do not let that racial supremacist state take Lebanon over. It's bad enough Palestine has that boot on their neck. Lebanon doesn't need that too. An Israeli occupation of Lebanon would be at best as bad as the British Army was during the troubles in Northern Ireland, and at worst it would be like the Saudi bombing of Yemen.

Well it's that or the Failed State of Syria
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:47 am

Christian Confederation wrote:

Well it's that or the Failed State of Syria

Foreign occupation is always worse. I'm sure you wouldn't be fond of the idea of Chinese soldiers paratrooping red dawn style into your town tomorrow, and then saying "it's either Chinese occupation or failed state" when you tell them to leave.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:49 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_a ... a_massacre

Just in case anyone doesn't know what Sabra and Shatila was. A story of cowardly traitors and the occupying army that enabled them.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 am

Christian Confederation wrote:So What now? We wait to know more before we do anything crazy. If this is the Death Blow of Lebanon I think Israel should annex the country to handle Hezbollah and to keep the people from starving. There's no reason Israel can't be for the Lebanese, Palestinians, and Jews.

Since its founding, theere are three scenarios: Greater Israel, Jewish Israel, and Democratic Israel. Israel can only choose two. Annexing Lebanon, not only a ridiculous idea that takes the concept of Greater Israel to a far unsustainable level, will worsen the situation in literally every imaginable parameter.

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Well OK, I won't argue with public opinion. The explosion may have been started by some welders; that would support the idea of a failing government: the Ammonium Nitrate was government property but wasn't being guarded (at least in times the warehouse was open), there wasn't a permit system requiring the warehouse manager to inform or seek permission before doing anything near the NH4NO3, there may not have been warning signs posted. There are multiple failures (not just the government) but. Do we know the exact same thing couldn't have happened any time in the last 6 years?

It was a disaster waiting to happen. So it happening NOW doesn't have any special meaning.

It really does though. The current state of affairs in Lebanon was in the making for years.

Lebanon's incident keeps getting more and more like Chernobyl's, itself a result of negligent Soviet designing and its management.
Last edited by Region of Dwipantara on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am

Region of Dwipantara wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:So What now? We wait to know more before we do anything crazy. If this is the Death Blow of Lebanon I think Israel should annex the country to handle Hezbollah and to keep the people from starving. There's no reason Israel can't be for the Lebanese, Palestinians, and Jews.

Since its founding, theere are three scenarios: Greater Israel, Jewish Israel, and Democratic Israel. Israel can only choose two. Annexing Lebanon, not only a ridiculous idea that takes the concept of Greater Israel to a far unsustainable level, will worsen the situation in literally every imaginable parameter.

It really does though. The current state of affairs in Lebanon was in the making for years.

Lebanon's incident keeps getting more and more like Chernobyl's, itself a result of negligent Soviet designing and its management.

I can't speak to how the Lebanese court system and city management works but, this seems like regular beaurcracy doing what it does, along with the failed safety standards of a third world country, and the employees not giving a shot.

I think this sort of stupidity could happen anywhere.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:55 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Since its founding, theere are three scenarios: Greater Israel, Jewish Israel, and Democratic Israel. Israel can only choose two. Annexing Lebanon, not only a ridiculous idea that takes the concept of Greater Israel to a far unsustainable level, will worsen the situation in literally every imaginable parameter.

I can't speak to how the Lebanese court system and city management works but, this seems like regular beaurcracy doing what it does, along with the failed safety standards of a third world country, and the employees not giving a shot.

Don't say that to my dad. He wouldn't consider Lebanon a third world country and told me "third world means like Africa."

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:01 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:Don't say that to my dad. He wouldn't consider Lebanon a third world country and told me "third world means like Africa."
To be fair to him, he's right-ish; I'd personally classify it as more of a second(& a half)-world nation; developed, but not as much.

Then again, compared to most of its neighbours, it's pretty developed.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Since its founding, theere are three scenarios: Greater Israel, Jewish Israel, and Democratic Israel. Israel can only choose two. Annexing Lebanon, not only a ridiculous idea that takes the concept of Greater Israel to a far unsustainable level, will worsen the situation in literally every imaginable parameter.

Problem is, Lebanon had already been disintegrating into chaotic innanity before this incident, and the people likely wont take this incident lightly. Lets not forget that 300.000 people had suddenly lost their home in one day.

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:Don't say that to my dad. He wouldn't consider Lebanon a third world country and told me "third world means like Africa."
To be fair to him, he's right-ish; I'd personally classify it as more of a second(& a half)-world nation; developed, but not as much.

My dad is clearly thinking of the least developed countries in the world. Not even all of Africa fits into that category. I divide the world's countries mainly into developed and developing, and Lebanon is definitely a developing (more like collapsing) country.

Vistulange
Negotiator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vistulange » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:04 am

"Annexation" doesn't mean what you think it means. Israel never "annexed" Lebanon, it occupied portions of South Lebanon and turned a blind eye to Phalangists massacring folks in Sabra and Shatila. Nowadays, the whole ordeal is largely regarded as a massive fuck-up. The ordeal as a whole, the 1982 Lebanon War, practically ended Menachem Begin's political career, and the war itself was incredibly unpopular in Israel as a whole, with support falling from 99% to 66% in just three weeks in 1982.1

I seriously doubt Israel has any further ambitions in Lebanon. Also, Israel really isn't a "racial supremacist" state, but we all know the troubles you have with definitions.

[1] The Sword and the Olive, Martin van Creveld, 2002.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 am

-Astoria- wrote:

Seems like the term "Third World" more and more reflect regional division as opposed to economic. Meaning of a term can change, and rising up the ranks isn't exactly good either. My country is a developing country and the government agrees; USA doesn't agree because they doesn't want my country to get special tax discounts.

1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:07 am

Vistulange wrote:

"Annexation" doesn't mean what you think it means. Israel never "annexed" Lebanon, it occupied portions of South Lebanon and turned a blind eye to Phalangists massacring folks in Sabra and Shatila. Nowadays, the whole ordeal is largely regarded as a massive fuck-up. The ordeal as a whole, the 1982 Lebanon War, practically ended Menachem Begin's political career, and the war itself was incredibly unpopular in Israel as a whole, with support falling from 99% to 66% in just three weeks in 1982.1

I seriously doubt Israel has any further ambitions in Lebanon. Also, Israel really isn't a "racial supremacist" state, but we all know the troubles you have with definitions.

Not a racial supremacist state? Israel is built from the top down on racism, from discrimination toward africans to the oppression of Arabs. In what world is Israel some land of equality and peace? Also Israel's war with Lebanon was unpopular because they didn't do so good. You know as well as i do that it would have been more popular if the IDF lost few soldiers but turned Lebanon into a crater.

Keep Israel out of Lebanon. They don't need to be occupying anyone else's homeland.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:08 am

-Astoria- wrote:

Was developed. Unfortunately it is become less and less developed by the day.
It would definitely be incorrect to claim Lebanon is “developing” as that implies it is getting better. It is more a de-developing or degenerating country. Which should be a category.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:08 am

Novus America wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:To be fair to him, he's right-ish; I'd personally classify it as more of a second(& a half)-world nation; developed, but not as much.

Was developed. Unfortunately it is become less and less developed by the day.
It would definitely be incorrect to claim Lebanon is “developing” as that implies it is getting better. It is more a de-developing or degenerating country. Which should be a category.

It's a failed state.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:09 am

Ethel mermania wrote:

Don't say that to my dad. He wouldn't consider Lebanon a third world country and told me "third world means like Africa."

Beirut use to be the Paris of the middle east. Over the past 45 years it has descended it to what it is today. It is sad.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:My dad is clearly thinking of the least developed countries in the world. Not even all of Africa fits into that category. I divide the world's countries mainly into developed and developing, and Lebanon is definitely a developing (more like collapsing) country.
I'd add another tier to those divisions; underdeveloped (either through political instability or government inaction).
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 am

Ethel mermania wrote:

Beirut use to be the Paris of the middle east. Over the past 45 years it has descended it to what it is today. It is sad.

Well Detroit used to be the Paris of the Midwest and you see how it ended up. Worse than Beirut.

Seems like when you call any city Paris other than actual Paris, it falls into a state of decay.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:My dad is clearly thinking of the least developed countries in the world. Not even all of Africa fits into that category. I divide the world's countries mainly into developed and developing, and Lebanon is definitely a developing (more like collapsing) country.
I'd add another tier to those divisions; underdeveloped (either through political instability or government inaction).

Yeah that probably would work.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:11 am

Vistulange wrote:"Annexation" doesn't mean what you think it means. Israel never "annexed" Lebanon, it occupied portions of South Lebanon and turned a blind eye to Phalangists massacring folks in Sabra and Shatila. Nowadays, the whole ordeal is largely regarded as a massive fuck-up. The ordeal as a whole, the 1982 Lebanon War, practically ended Menachem Begin's political career, and the war itself was incredibly unpopular in Israel as a whole, with support falling from 99% to 66% in just three weeks in 1982.1

Not a racial supremacist state? Israel is built from the top down on racism, from discrimination toward africans to the oppression of Arabs. In what world is Israel some land of equality and peace? Also Israel's war with Lebanon was unpopular because they didn't do so good. You know as well as i do that it would have been more popular if the IDF lost few soldiers but turned Lebanon into a crater.

Keep Israel out of Lebanon. They don't need to be occupying anyone else's homeland.

Still occupying is different than annexing. Annexing means actually turning the place into a legal part of the occupying county.

And Israel shows no interest in getting involved in a repeat of the past occupation, let alone annexation which would cause demographic issues while getting little in return.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:11 am

Novus America wrote:Was developed. Unfortunately it is become less and less developed by the day.
That is true (esp the protests of yesteryear); but again, in comparison with its neighbours (one of which is a literal warzone)...

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:11 am

Ethel mermania wrote:

Well Detroit used to be the Paris of the Midwest and you see how it ended up. Worse than Beirut.

Seems like when you call any city Paris other than actual Paris, it falls into a state of decay.

Considering my hometown is called "Paris of Java", I reject that statement. Hopefully.

1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General