NATION

PASSWORD

Large explosion in Beirut - hundreds reported injured

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 pm

Heloin wrote:
La xinga wrote:I could have, but I personally know I didn't, so I don't believe it.

But isn't is a possibility, or something else that you'll repeat ad nauseam.

Isn't is a possiblil- what? I don't think I get your grammar.
Names Are Too Hard wrote:
La xinga wrote:1. ?
2. And it could have been the reason otherwise.

“multiple city blocks destroyed, hundreds wounded, many dead, but I’m sure this is all the work of no good punk kids”

It could be. Not for sure, but it could.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 pm

La xinga wrote:
Heloin wrote:No it doesn't actually. It being an accident has quiet a lot of proof, you just apparently refuse to actually know what's going on and pretending there isn't any. What your saying is a hypothetical that you made up.

1. And that proof is not definite.'
2. Everything needs to be made up, unless you're mute that is. Every proof needs to be made up.

Well thanks for admitting that yes, you have literally no idea what's happened in Beirut.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 pm

La xinga wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:No it shouldn't, because there is fuck all in the way of suggesting that could have been the cause.

I'm sorry, but what? :blink:

You have no evidence to suggest that was a possible cause, so it shouldn't even be considered.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:21 pm

La xinga wrote:
Andsed wrote:No. That is not how proper investigation works. You don't go looking at every possibility. You narrow it down to sensible things and go from there. Your idea is not sensible and should not be considered.

There is nothing even suggesting your idea happened. It is absurd and can be very easily dismissed.

1. Yes it should, we should look into each and every possibility.
2. Then why haven't you done it yet? :lol:

1. Nope. Doing that is just wasting time.

2. Your idea has been shown to be very dubious at best. Your just unwilling to admit it.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Heloin wrote:
La xinga wrote:1. And that proof is not definite.'
2. Everything needs to be made up, unless you're mute that is. Every proof needs to be made up.

Well thanks for admitting that yes, you have literally no idea what's happened in Beirut.

Nobody does.
Andsed wrote:
La xinga wrote:1. Yes it should, we should look into each and every possibility.
2. Then why haven't you done it yet? :lol:

1. Nope. Doing that is just wasting time.

2. Your idea has been shown to be very dubious at best. Your just unwilling to admit it.

1. Nah.
2. It actually has not.
The New California Republic wrote:
La xinga wrote:I'm sorry, but what? :blink:

You have no evidence to suggest that was a possible cause, so it shouldn't even be considered.

I did, multiple times.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Names Are Too Hard
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Names Are Too Hard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:23 pm

La xinga wrote:
Heloin wrote:Well thanks for admitting that yes, you have literally no idea what's happened in Beirut.

Nobody does.
Andsed wrote:1. Nope. Doing that is just wasting time.

1. Nah.
2. It actually has not.
The New California Republic wrote:You have no evidence to suggest that was a possible cause, so it shouldn't even be considered.

I did, multiple times.

Where’s the evidence you’ve shown us?
Sometimes words sound good in my head but my tongue make not the words sound good
Typos and bad grammar are likely due to me being on mobile, but might just be cause I’m stupid.
Organized religion bad

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:23 pm

La xinga wrote:Yes it should, we should look into each and every possibility.

No we shouldn't, because we'd be looking into an infinite number of possible permutations in terms of causes, which is a waste of time. We proceed from what is reasonable and what we have evidence for. Your claim fails both of those tests, therefore it is discarded.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm

La xinga wrote:
Heloin wrote:Well thanks for admitting that yes, you have literally no idea what's happened in Beirut.

Nobody does.
Andsed wrote:1. Nope. Doing that is just wasting time.

1. Nah.
2. It actually has not.
The New California Republic wrote:You have no evidence to suggest that was a possible cause, so it shouldn't even be considered.

I did, multiple times.

Yes. Looking at every possibility is just not viable. To be considered something needs to have an actual basis behind it. This being an accident does have a strong basis behind it. What your suggesting has nothing backing it. Your just creating a random hypothetical.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm

La xinga wrote:

I did, multiple times.

You have presented no such evidence, stop lying.

Wave on, wave on

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm

La xinga wrote:Nobody does.

1. Nah.
2. It actually has not.

I did, multiple times.

Where’s the evidence you’ve shown us?

For a possibility, it possible that teenagers bribed the guards and got in to light stuff up.
La xinga wrote:Yes it should, we should look into each and every possibility.

No we shouldn't, because we'd be looking into an infinite number of possible permutations in terms of causes, which is a waste of time. We proceed from what is reasonable and what we have evidence for. Your claim fails both of those tests, therefore it is discarded.

Not infinite, stuff that are brought up. Or maybe just look around.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:25 pm

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Names Are Too Hard
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Names Are Too Hard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:26 pm

La xinga wrote:
Names Are Too Hard wrote:Where’s the evidence you’ve shown us?

For a possibility, it possible that teenagers bribed the guards and got in to light stuff up.
The New California Republic wrote:No we shouldn't, because we'd be looking into an infinite number of possible permutations in terms of causes, which is a waste of time. We proceed from what is reasonable and what we have evidence for. Your claim fails both of those tests, therefore it is discarded.

That’s not evidence, though.
Sometimes words sound good in my head but my tongue make not the words sound good
Typos and bad grammar are likely due to me being on mobile, but might just be cause I’m stupid.
Organized religion bad

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:26 pm

La xinga wrote:
Names Are Too Hard wrote:Where’s the evidence you’ve shown us?

The New California Republic wrote:No we shouldn't, because we'd be looking into an infinite number of possible permutations in terms of causes, which is a waste of time. We proceed from what is reasonable and what we have evidence for. Your claim fails both of those tests, therefore it is discarded.

Just because it is possible does not mean it can be considered as something that should be looked into. Unless there is actual evidence for it it should be discarded.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:27 pm

La xinga wrote:For a possibility, it possible that teenagers bribed the guards and got in to light stuff up.

That’s not evidence, though.

It has the same much as the misatke thing.

Anyway, to get back on topic:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/05/worl ... osion.html

WHAT?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:31 pm

La xinga wrote:Not infinite, stuff that are brought up. Or maybe just look around.

What do you mean "look around"? Look at what, and for what?

Wave on, wave on

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:33 pm

La xinga wrote:Not infinite, stuff that are brought up. Or maybe just look around.

What do you mean "look around"? Look at what, and for what?

The area, you know, camera footage, measurements of levels of chemicals, those stuff.

And I literally tried to get this back on topic (^) , it seems you don't want that.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:36 pm

La xinga wrote:1. ?
2. And it could have been the reason otherwise.

“multiple city blocks destroyed, hundreds wounded, many dead, but I’m sure this is all the work of no good punk kids”

Or a two-head bear. I hear the scent of Patchouli, was smelled before the blast.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Andsed wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:I'm just hoping they can find the assholes responsible for such gross negligence - IE, the people who owned the warehouse, those responsible for storing away the ammonium nitrate, etc etc.

Edit: Wait, turns out it'd been stored by the government after having been confiscated. Welp.

I am also hoping that this will send a message to the rest of the world that they need to get their act together. But seeing as this is not the first time a disaster like this happened(there was one in Texas City that killed around 500 IIRC) I doubt it.

Aureumterra wrote:Basically the government blew itself up?

Something doesn’t add up

The government was extremely careless and grossly negligent here. Something that is sadly not uncommon around the world and has caused several incidents like this.

Cough cough grenfell tower cough cough
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Names Are Too Hard wrote:“multiple city blocks destroyed, hundreds wounded, many dead, but I’m sure this is all the work of no good punk kids”

Or a two-head bear. I hear the scent of Patchouli, was smelled before the blast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patchouli

That's a plant. Not even in Lebanon.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:200 dead, 5000 injured

There's probably 1000 dead people in the city of Beirut. That blast tore buildings apart and caused widespread devastation across several city blocks.

It was like the Oklahoma City bombing.

Why do you say 1K dead?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:40 pm

La xinga wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:What do you mean "look around"? Look at what, and for what?

The area, you know, camera footage, measurements of levels of chemicals, those stuff.

And I literally tried to get this back on topic (^) , it seems you don't want that.

Vague. Very vague.

You are talking about the possible causes, how is that not on topic? :eyebrow:

Wave on, wave on

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:40 pm

La xinga wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
There's probably 1000 dead people in the city of Beirut. That blast tore buildings apart and caused widespread devastation across several city blocks.

It was like the Oklahoma City bombing.

Why do you say 1K dead?

There are still hundreds missing whose bodies havent been found yet so havent been added to the death toll.
Left Without Edge

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

La xinga wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patchouli

That's a plant. Not even in Lebanon.

I don't think you got the joke.

Wave on, wave on

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

La xinga wrote:The area, you know, camera footage, measurements of levels of chemicals, those stuff.

Vague. Very vague.

The report said it isn't, but IDK.
Agarntrop wrote:
La xinga wrote:Why do you say 1K dead?

There are still hundreds missing whose bodies havent been found yet so havent been added to the death toll.

But still, 1K? If so, I'm scared to find out the amount of injuries.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:43 pm

La xinga wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Vague. Very vague.

The report said it isn't, but IDK.
Agarntrop wrote:There are still hundreds missing whose bodies havent been found yet so havent been added to the death toll.

But still, 1K? If so, I'm scared to find out the amount of injuries.

I think that was an exaggeration. I think it will be between 200 and 300 eventually, but not 1000.

Also currently there are at least 5000 confirmed injuries.

Its really shocking to be honest
Left Without Edge

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General