NATION

PASSWORD

US GDP to fall by -32.9%, Europe's by -40.3%

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:16 am

La xinga wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
I am not sure you are presenting what you think you are presenting.

Are you suggesting people are on top of things and infections are not going up?

It’s not everywhere? It’s in every state.....

Yes.
No.

New York has not that many cases.

New York has had 230,000 cases and 23,000 deaths.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:26 am

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:Yes.
No.

They literally had to start burying people in mass graves Hart Island because they had overflow.

Now?
The Black Forrest wrote:
No.

I am not sure what you are trying to argue dude.

I'm answering your Q.
Heloin wrote:
No.

New York has had 230,000 cases and 23,000 deaths.

Now? I guess you're living in an alternate reality.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:34 am

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:
They literally had to start burying people in mass graves Hart Island because they had overflow.

Now?
The Black Forrest wrote:
I am not sure what you are trying to argue dude.

I'm answering your Q.
Heloin wrote:New York has had 230,000 cases and 23,000 deaths.

Still not following you.

-edit as it served no purpose-
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 am

I am terrified for my future when I see these sorts of headlines.

The Supreme Vatican Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Vatican Caliphate » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:58 am

While New York was obviously hit bad, due to testing and preventive measures, it’s no longer the worst state. For some reason, Louisiana and Arizona now have the most cases, and Texas is also ahead of NY.
Last edited by The Supreme Vatican Caliphate on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm already poor enough as it is, so this just tells me that I have more poverty to look forward to for the next 60 years. So much for buying that new graphics card.

La xinga wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Well, that's August 2020 for you. So much for the "Trump Economic Boom".

Oh come on, you don't get to blame everything on Trump.

No but the president is the easiest person to blame. Also because a president is likely the cause of economic busts.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:13 pm

We were due for a recession anyways, since companies started taking higher risks and poor decisions 5 years ago, even if the government tried to prevent it with policies back in 2016. The pandemic was the catalyst that broke the camels back and also multiplied it to being worse in every way. Not only is camels back broke, but it was murdered.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
La xinga wrote:Now?
I'm answering your Q.

Still not following you.

I don't follow you either.
Torisakia wrote:I'm already poor enough as it is, so this just tells me that I have more poverty to look forward to for the next 60 years. So much for buying that new graphics card.

La xinga wrote:Oh come on, you don't get to blame everything on Trump.

No but the president is the easiest person to blame. Also because a president is likely the cause of economic busts.

Of course, it's easy to blame anyone in charge, since well, they're in charge!

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:21 pm

La xinga wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Still not following you.

I don't follow you either.
Torisakia wrote:I'm already poor enough as it is, so this just tells me that I have more poverty to look forward to for the next 60 years. So much for buying that new graphics card.

What’s confusing?

So Trump is being picked on for no reason?
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:24 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
La xinga wrote:I don't follow you either.

What’s confusing?

To put it simply, the economy at this point is beyond anybodies control.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:25 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
La xinga wrote:I don't follow you either.

What’s confusing?

Yes.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:26 pm

huh i guess the lesson is that we should have economic measurement systems that are not reliant on how overstocked toilet paper is :^)
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:27 pm

La xinga wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
What’s confusing?

Yes.

Ahh. Part of the Trump cult?

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:28 pm

Cekoviu wrote:huh i guess the lesson is that we should have economic measurement systems that are not reliant on how overstocked toilet paper is :^)

I still never got that toilet paper businessquote="The Black Forrest";p="37478199"]
La xinga wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
What’s confusing?

Yes.

Ahh. Part of the Trump cult?[/quote]
Trump has a cult? :unsure:

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:31 pm

La xinga wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:huh i guess the lesson is that we should have economic measurement systems that are not reliant on how overstocked toilet paper is :^)

I still never got that toilet paper businessquote="The Black Forrest";p="37478199"]

Ahh. Part of the Trump cult?

Trump has a cult? :unsure:[/quote]
Just be glad your in his cult, then being part of the Blame Trump for Everything Faith (BTEF). BTEF is as legitimate as Scientology. Seriously were getting to the point Corona existing is Trumps fault.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Just be glad your in his cult, then being part of the Blame Trump for Everything Faith (BTEF). BTEF is as legitimate as Scientology. Seriously were getting to the point Corona existing is Trumps fault.

Again with the simple minded argument of trump being blamed for the existence of Corona. It’s rather boring.

The only ones who have suggested it are you guys.

The Trump cult tends to lack counter arguments and a quick to dismiss things while using statements like “blaming him for the existence of Corona” kind of like “Fake News”. I guess it works for that contingent.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:50 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Just be glad your in his cult, then being part of the Blame Trump for Everything Faith (BTEF). BTEF is as legitimate as Scientology. Seriously were getting to the point Corona existing is Trumps fault.

Again with the simple minded argument of trump being blamed for the existence of Corona. It’s rather boring.

The Trump cult tends to lack counter arguments and a quick to dismiss things while using statements like “blaming him for the existence of Corona” kind of like “Fake News”. I guess it works for that contingent.

The Trumps fault for corona existing is a joke. Guess it was Trumps fault that you've lost your sense of humor too.

All Im saying is the Left is to eager to blame Trump, same would happen from the Right if Hillary had won instead.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

The Trumps fault for corona existing is a joke. Guess it was Trumps fault that you've lost your sense of humor too.

All Im saying is the Left is to eager to blame Trump, same would happen from the Right if Hillary had won instead.

Nah. I like a good joke. Trump is too much of a moron to get a laugh.

Difference between H and Trump? We don’t know how she would have handled it....well....I think she would have handled it better then Trump. Hell I think you would have handled it better then Trump.

Trump has earned his scorn and there are endless examples to why.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:03 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:The Trumps fault for corona existing is a joke. Guess it was Trumps fault that you've lost your sense of humor too.

Difference between H and Trump? We don’t know how she would have handled it....well....I think she would have handled it better then Trump. Hell I think you would have handled it better then Trump.

But my point is no matter who is in the white house. The person is going to get blamed regardless for this economic crisis, even if they aren't the ones that caused the issue in the first place. I didn't provide the example to say Hillary would be just as bad as Trump, but to point out that the opposition to the president, be it right or left, will blame the president. It doesn't matter what the president does, if he/she is the opposition then they must be the problem.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

But my point is no matter who is in the white house. The person is going to get blamed regardless for this economic crisis, even if they aren't the ones that caused the issue in the first place. I didn't provide the example to say Hillary would be just as bad as Trump, but to point out that the opposition to the president, be it right or left, will blame the president. It doesn't matter what the president does, if he/she is the opposition then they must be the problem.

Presidents will always get blamed for bad things. It’s part of the job.

Some deserve their blame. Trump is not simply being blamed because he happened to be President.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:But my point is no matter who is in the white house. The person is going to get blamed regardless for this economic crisis, even if they aren't the ones that caused the issue in the first place. I didn't provide the example to say Hillary would be just as bad as Trump, but to point out that the opposition to the president, be it right or left, will blame the president. It doesn't matter what the president does, if he/she is the opposition then they must be the problem.

Some deserve their blame. Trump is not simply being blamed because he happened to be President.

Yes, yes he is.
Last edited by La Xinga on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:10 pm

La xinga wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Yes, yes he is.

Your evidence?

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:14 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
La xinga wrote:Yes, yes he is.

Your evidence?

Your evidence otherwise?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:16 pm

La xinga wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Your evidence?

Your evidence otherwise?

Not how it plays. You said he is being blamed for being president. You were asked for evidence which in general you have provided little.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:18 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
La xinga wrote:Your evidence otherwise?

Not how it plays. You said he is being blamed for being president. You were asked for evidence which in general you have provided little.

My evidence is is that there is no evidence otherwise.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General